As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seattle area office furniture store recommendations

BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
edited October 2020 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, so rotini beans, see below, doesn't like it when I sit at my computer desk. Mostly she just sits on the couch and watches me and pouts. Sometimes she'll cuddle up between the legs of my office chair. If I pick her up and put her on the desk chair with me, she's much happier, but also she takes up 50% of the chair making me very uncomfortable to sit.

Does anyone know of an extra wide office chair that can fit a skinny person and a 13lbs dog comfortably at the same time?

Dog pic

Burtletoy on

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Sit cross-legged and let her curl up in your lap?

Would she be happy if you brought in a chair for her?

• Options
    I didn't notice when I picked a random dog picture, but you can see my current office chair. There isn't a great amount of space for a second chair, but I will keep that idea in mind.

And, unfortunately, rotini isn't much of a, lap dog, she prefers her own space, even is she's smushed into a corner

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Why don't you just attach a basket to the armsupport?

P.S: Using a dog bicycle-basket as a rugged starting point.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    I've had some success putting my dachshunds on an accent chair and working, but they almost inevitably try to climb on my lap at some point. An ottoman would also work for this.

For office chairs, if you can find a place that has a large enough selection, a big and tall chair might fit the bill. Some have wider seats than others.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    How much are you budgeting for a desk chair?
    A quick amazon search for "Extra wide office chair" brings up a variety of options that you could also find at your local office supply store.
    https://www.amazon.com/extra-wide-office-chairs/s?k=extra+wide+office+chairs

Does Rotini need to be on or in direct contact with you, or would getting a dog bed or a small ottoman to put by your desk be sufficiently near?

• Options
    Does anyone know of a good office furniture place near seattle I can go to browse?