As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    nice!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Since every guide ever recommended going to Subdivisions and the Goblet, since they're the least popular, we went for main divisions Lavender Beds and Mists, though we ended up in Lavender. Took over ten minutes before any real amount of people besides us showed up.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I am very happy I got a plot but I'd love to have one in the same neighborhood as people in the FC or just near friends. It is neat having actual neighbors and stuff but I'd prefer if I could pop over to wave at people I know.

Gonna have to figure out gardening though. And maybe eventually try to move out of Goblet, but I'll probably save up for a medium before I try that.

Anyone have hot money making tips they don't mind sharing? I've been making a ton of stuffed cabbage and that's been reasonably profitable but it takes quite a long time. I haven't looked into making any of the armor pieces and stuff, mostly because getting aethersand and stuff seems more complicated than cooking. It is kind of fascinating how I have hundreds of hours in this game and I still feel like a new player.

SniperGuy on
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I finished decorating my house finally. Before I moved lots, I had the upstairs totally done and the exterior mostly how I wanted it. Then having to put that all back in place after moving gave me the creative boost I needed, and now the basement is done as well.

The upstairs is an Ala Mhigan restaurant, while the downstairs has the public bathroom and a semi-public lounge area, as well as my private bedroom and bathroom, which reflect my character's Maelstrom loyalties despite being located in Ul'dah. I tried to use Regal Purple and Snow White where I could for the restaurant, because those are the colors of the Ala Mhigo flag, but I might go back through later and throw around a little more color. The biggest challenge was making it work without any actual Ala Mhigan furniture items, aside from landscape portraits (of which I used as many as I could fit) and the Gyr Abanian striking dummy. I guess I could also put an Ala Mhigan Fighting Fish in there somewhere, but I'll need to figure out a good spot first. Also the trees outside are a subtle reference to the Autumn War, the conflict where Ala Mhigo invaded Gridania, prompting the original formation of the Eorzean Alliance.

My Orchestrion roll is all the dungeons and trials that happen in the MSQ in Ala Mhigo in order:
    1 Another Brick - Baelsar's Wall Theme
    2 Beauty's Wicked Wiles - Lakshmi's Theme
    3 Alienus - Castrum Abania Theme
    4 Liberty Or Death - Ala Mhigo Theme
    5 A Pall Most Murderous - Ghimlyt Dark Theme
    6 The Worm's Head - Shinryu Part 1
    7 The Worm's Tail - Shinryu Part 2
    8 The Measure of His Reach - Ala Mhigo Anthem

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    got a medium in kugane with my girlfriend and my girlfriend's girlfriend, which we've been wanting to do for ages

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    The quest for getting the glow on my Resistance weapon says that I can only get a memory from doing the leveling roulette 1 time per day. But it also says I can get memories from level 60 dungeons (weird choice, but it does fit with the "Do HW stuff" theme), and doesn't mention a limit there. So am I right in thinking I can just run level 60 dungeons repeatedly to get the memories in one day?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Enlong wrote: »
    The quest for getting the glow on my Resistance weapon says that I can only get a memory from doing the leveling roulette 1 time per day. But it also says I can get memories from level 60 dungeons (weird choice, but it does fit with the "Do HW stuff" theme), and doesn't mention a limit there. So am I right in thinking I can just run level 60 dungeons repeatedly to get the memories in one day?

Yes, though it sounds like they have to be run synced. I was hearing in FC chat that you can do stuff like 3 DPS/1 healer (or just 4 DPS with a RDM possibly) runs of Antitower and utterly wreck the place in like 10 min/run?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    That is neat, though I don't think I need to optimize it quite that much. I can probably just go in as a healer and get a bunch of memories.

Can you over-farm that step? It would be nice to grab enough for a few weapons before I go back to the FATE train for a second one.

edited October 2020
    Roegadyn
    you can overfarm both steps, yes

bear in mind that some dungeons are faster than others, and make sure the whole party is on the same page before you go speedrunning

TheySlashThem on
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Queues for 60 dungeons are popping super fast to, even as DPS. In case you dont have/dont wanna party up.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Antitower is extremely quick to pop, it's short(~10 min) and the enemies hit like wet noodles.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    So many inspirational pictures of interior decorating to be found online, but so few of them that come with attached information of "these are the items used and these are the glitches used to place the items". Like, I find pictures of this room:

ZQ8Pttr.jpg

And I'm like, I don't recognize that door. There are only twelve door designs in the game and that doesn't look like any of them. Then I find out later that apparently they're compound-mixing a dresser and fake windows to pull off the effect, but the only item linked on the page is "Wooden Loft (default color)". There are definitely cool ideas around, but figuring out how to start as a new homeowner has me wondering if there's a one-stop basics tutorial of common strategies around.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I spend a LOT of time while playing this game wishing there were a wowhead equivalent where you can access an easily searchable database of every single item in the game, complete with 3D modeling and animations.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    There's https://garlandtools.org/ no animations though.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

being jobless afforded me ample time to grind out the weapons for my lvl 80 characters, and i’ll have rdm to 80 within the next week i’m sure so i’ll have to get that one too

also got my ass kicked in the bozja castrum today, rip my mettle

EzUAYcn.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    If you unlock an aetheryte in a later area and get de-leveled below when that area became accessible can you still use that aetheryte? I assume yes

Au'ra
    Javen wrote: »
    If you unlock an aetheryte in a later area and get de-leveled below when that area became accessible can you still use that aetheryte? I assume yes

Can't delevel.

Roegadyn
    yeah, one fix going from eureka to bozja is that even though dying can make you lose points below a level threshold you don't level down

Au'ra
    yeah, one fix going from eureka to bozja is that even though dying can make you lose points below a level threshold you don't level down

Also the rank doesn't impact your fighting things at all.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i died on the gabriel duel because the hitboxes on the missiles are turbo bullshit and i'm salty about it

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    The Dragonlancer's armor is so dumb
    I love it

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i have good news for you about dragoon level 70 and dragoon level 80

liEt3nH.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    nero, you look a little different my dude...

Well, the game just informed me that there's a relatively small cap on the number of items I can place outside, so this setup shall have to do for now.

Haven't even started work on the inside yet, but the outside is what passers-by will see.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Been leveling up Warrior lately.

1-60 Job quest: I get what they're going for but man this is kind of boring just beating up on animals and beastmen, I wonder if it picks up lat-

60: Oh my god she is so cute

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Been trying to pug an E8S kill. Had a few close ones, but it's mostly been an exercise in frustration.

On the other hand, I did get this fine fellow the other day.
    EkgxmdgXgAANPzr?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Upon starting to learn and practice interior housing tricks, I'm somewhat surprised at how many of them are relatively simple to do, and yet still not straight-up supported by the base interface.

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    I am level 60 as a white mage and have been doing MSQ quests trying to get to the point where I can get the Lily thing so I can use a spell that has been on my bar for what seems like ages. I thought I had finally reached the point where I could do that. And so now I am working on these Crystal tower quests. I am beginning to lose hope and worry that I will be stuck in an eternal loop of talking to NPCs without ever learning to use the Lily thing.

Viera
    Hang in there, I'm not sure when in the MSQ it forces you to do the crystal tower quests, since they added that being mandatory after I went through the ARR patch story, but I bet it's close to heavensward!

BahamutZERO.gif
    Afflatus Solace is a spell you get automatically at level 52. Secret of the Lily, the trait that unlocks the lily meter, is also at level 52, but you don't get it until you complete the level 52 WHM quest. And you can't do any of the Heavensward-era class quests until after you complete the final quest of ARR.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Weird.

Does that happen with any other jobs? I cant think of any.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    turtleant wrote: »
    Weird.

Does that happen with any other jobs? I cant think of any.

Yup. Bard gets Pitch Perfect automatically at 52 while Wanderer's Minuet is locked behind the level 52 BRD quest.

Roegadyn
    was that always the case or have the 5.0 changes made shit weird?

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    All of the jobs have skills locked to the class quests between 52-60, but I can't recall if any others have other skills dependent on the ones obtained in 52-60.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    man the idea of the bozja duels is fun but trying to actually do them is like driving a nail through your dick

they should just delete these and make a brawler's guild, the most fun part of wow

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Viera
    yeah the way just getting a chance to try one run at one of the duel bosses is "stay logged in in bozja doing the requirement fates all day and maybe you'll get lucky once, but probably not" is real not nice

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.