As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The General [Coronavirus] Discussion Thread is WAY worse than the flu

• GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Reading about all the indoor stuff is giving me a whole lot of anxiety. I work at a school that requires masks for everyone inside the building, but classrooms aren't big enough for any sort of distancing, and how much does that even matter when you have 25 kids in a room for 50 minutes at a time? They're all wearing masks, but is that actually going to help enough? Apparently health officials have also said that if one of those kids tests positive, the only people that have to quarantine are that kid and anyone that kid has been in contact with without a mask on.

And of course, kids have to eat, so during lunch, or fire drills, or waiting outside before school, kids are outside and standing in close groups without masks on. Adults do it too. Only have to wear a mask when you're indoors, so people go outside and have normal conversations without distancing.

So far we've been doing pretty well. We've had some cases but supposedly they've contact traced and people got it from other places, not from the school. But it sure feels like what we're doing has just been luck so far. I'm sure the mask requirement has helped, but I'd be surprised if it'll keep us safe forever.

I'm not a public health expert, so industrial controls may be more strict than necessary out of an abundance of caution, but I would not enter a hot virus lab in an N95 or anything poorer. Remember that the masks are better at preventing you from spreading it than they are at protecting you. If you look at the way the in-school programs are cohorting the students, this is so that if someone brings infection in, nominally only one cohort will get infected rather than the whole school. This is, admittedly, small consolation, and why my kids are learning online this year. But yes, cooping up a room full of children wearing cloth masks where one of them is shedding all day, and I'd expect transmission to occur.

• tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Gilgaron wrote: »
    Reading about all the indoor stuff is giving me a whole lot of anxiety. I work at a school that requires masks for everyone inside the building, but classrooms aren't big enough for any sort of distancing, and how much does that even matter when you have 25 kids in a room for 50 minutes at a time? They're all wearing masks, but is that actually going to help enough? Apparently health officials have also said that if one of those kids tests positive, the only people that have to quarantine are that kid and anyone that kid has been in contact with without a mask on.

And of course, kids have to eat, so during lunch, or fire drills, or waiting outside before school, kids are outside and standing in close groups without masks on. Adults do it too. Only have to wear a mask when you're indoors, so people go outside and have normal conversations without distancing.

So far we've been doing pretty well. We've had some cases but supposedly they've contact traced and people got it from other places, not from the school. But it sure feels like what we're doing has just been luck so far. I'm sure the mask requirement has helped, but I'd be surprised if it'll keep us safe forever.

I'm not a public health expert, so industrial controls may be more strict than necessary out of an abundance of caution, but I would not enter a hot virus lab in an N95 or anything poorer. Remember that the masks are better at preventing you from spreading it than they are at protecting you. If you look at the way the in-school programs are cohorting the students, this is so that if someone brings infection in, nominally only one cohort will get infected rather than the whole school. This is, admittedly, small consolation, and why my kids are learning online this year. But yes, cooping up a room full of children wearing cloth masks where one of them is shedding all day, and I'd expect transmission to occur.

I think the useful advice from this is probably that he as a staff member should probably buy some N95s (or the asian equivalents) and wear those rather than cloth at school. Certainly don't get any of the loose fitting flat surgical rubbish. Get a fitted cloth mask at the very least.

Might want to consider eye protection too from a PPE perspective. Eyes are mucous membranes too, albeit you dont suck air into them ;) buy some safety glasses with side panels etc.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Not posting this in updates because it's a different coronavirus, but a different strain that jumped from bats into Chinese pigs in 2016 can also replicate in human cells. Swine acute diarrhea syndrome coronavirus (SADS-CoV) hasn't jumped to humans (yet...) but pigs to humans are a very common vector for a lot of diseases already. This one we have warning about that it could jump to humans, but now I wonder how many more of these viruses are already circulating in factory-farmed livestock, just waiting for the right mutation.

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I think your luck is either 90% people not having caught it much in your area, or great ventilation that is far above what would be allowed for modern energy efficient buildings. Other schools with similar approaches have completely failed. If you can't open windows then the risk of transmission in a classroom setting is pretty high. Which is why so many schools have failed.

• GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Not posting this in updates because it's a different coronavirus, but a different strain that jumped from bats into Chinese pigs in 2016 can also replicate in human cells. Swine acute diarrhea syndrome coronavirus (SADS-CoV) hasn't jumped to humans (yet...) but pigs to humans are a very common vector for a lot of diseases already. This one we have warning about that it could jump to humans, but now I wonder how many more of these viruses are already circulating in factory-farmed livestock, just waiting for the right mutation.

The most dramatic swine-human diseases tend to be from reassortment, like with flu. So you'd have, say, a pig with SADS, a handler with SARS2 and they mix up in either host, and you get a brand new virus. Keeping an eye out for this sort of thing is why pulling scientific surveillance and cooperation from China is a mistake.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Thanks, I hate it.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Oh great. Next the government will be mandating we all wear pants.

• SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular

The most dramatic swine-human diseases tend to be from reassortment, like with flu. So you'd have, say, a pig with SADS, a handler with SARS2 and they mix up in either host, and you get a brand new virus. Keeping an eye out for this sort of thing is why pulling scientific surveillance and cooperation from China is a mistake.

Great, you made me imagine a virus that wrecks the circulatory system while uncontrollably shitting oneself.

Because that’s the image I needed in 2020.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    My fiancee's family (part of them) are Trumpers and don't protect themselves and she gets super guilted into attending family get togethers.

Been lucky thus far, but goddamn.

• southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Taking a vaccine would mean admitting there was a problem.

This is it right here

Vaccination against COVID is like mask use to folks in Trumpland

Holy fuck I just realized that if/when we get a good vaccine all these dipshits aren’t goi g to take it and all the people who can’t get vaccinated will still be at risk

This.

We will never be fully rid of Corona.

No, if the vaccine is very effective (or if a very effective second+ gen vaccine comes out), then it would be possible to eradicate it. Not easy, or cheap, but possible. You get the numbers down enough that contact tracing works, and you trace and isolate. Eventually nobody is contagious and the virus is extinct.

Obviously we could have done this back in April and saved hundreds of thousands of lives. But from where we are now it will take a polio-level decade long project. But it is at least feasible.

How does the high asymptomatic carriers for Covid fit into this plan?

He doesn't have a plan because he is an idiot. The "personal" decision crowd have their collective heads in the sand and refuse to engage their brains. One of the reasons this disease has been such a problem is due to asymptomatic spread.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »

Good things help, but being indoors piles a lot of weight against those good things. Advocate for mask wearing inside and out, for staggered lunchtimes and do all you can to keep windows open. If you can't, or as a bonus, try to get some standing air purifiers units for each classroom. Kids and staff all in masks will help, but you will get leakage and you need a way to clear that out. Ventilation is best, filtration if you can't.

Also advocate for staff testing, ideally weekly if not more.

Many classrooms don't even have windows.

When I have to be in rooms with people, I wear a face shield and bring a fan that I sit behind me to increase air circulation and try to blow stuff away. I am lucky in that my classes are very small and I have very few, so I can properly spread them out when I do have to do it.

We're following state guidelines, so there's not much else I can get them to do, but I'm sure staying my ass away from people as best as I can. I have my own office and a barrier set up at the door so when people need to talk to me, they do it from 15 feet away with a fan pointed at them.

I can't exactly afford to buy a zillion N95s. I have some decent cloth masks, but should probably buy some nicer ones at some point.

I'm really just hoping I don't get it, or I already did and was asymptomatic due to all the mask wearing, and we close down before it becomes too much of an issue, but I doubt this will happen!

Great, you made me imagine a virus that wrecks the circulatory system while uncontrollably shitting oneself.

Because that’s the image I needed in 2020.

We already have that virus, it's called Ebola.

The odd thing about Viruses is that it's very hard to be infinitely nasty. You add more symptoms and ways to get sick, then people notice and you can't infect them so easily.

Sars2 is an incredibly dangerous coronavirus to our society, far more dangerous than the vastly more lethal Sars1 was, but, by the standards of Coronaviruses its a real idiot, with all the other Coronaviruses laughing at it behind the shed while being angry at it for messing up their highly successful replication plan. HK1 is the champion coronavirus in humans. Massively infectious, but barely any symptoms at all in most people. Viruses killing you or making you sick is an undesirable malfunction, so viruses tend to not just wander around picking up mutations which make them more lethal. If a strain becomes more lethal, it tends to be outcompeted by a related strain with similar surface proteins whose lack of lethality makes it more capable of spreading.

In reality, all viruses infecting mammalian and animal cells are idiotic failures compared to their Bacteriophage relatives. Viruses which infect plants are probably still given a bit of the stink eye at the annual kinda sorta alive but not really conferences, but get a bye because they also infect algae.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hydropolo wrote: »
    Hydropolo wrote: »
    One of the things that really irritates me about this (I mean, there are many, but it's big now), is my dad had a MASSIVE stroke thursday night. He then took on a big case of pneumonia (that looks like he will probably not survive and is not Covid). We are LUCKY that we are allowed any visitors at all, but the hospital he is at allows us 1 visitor in any given day, so my brother's and I have been rotating through. I have the most flexible work so I've been in a hospital room damn near every other day for 8-12 hours a day masked up.

I say this not for sympathy about my dad... I say this for two reasons:

1) It sucks wearing a mask, but suck it up.
    2) If people reliably followed #1 and other measures, my whole family might be able to visit my dad freely (or any other numbers of families with similar problems).

God I hate people so much right now.

Sorry (not sorry), double fuck people right now. Hospital told me tonight we no longer can have ANY visitors due to covid cases rising and him being on system blowing air. I might actually punch an anti-Covid/masks/shutdown person.

Please don't punch an asshole; you'd end up in jail, where you'd have a higher chance of catching COVID yourself.

And I'm sorry for you and your family.

Elvenshae on
  • StarZapperStarZapper Vermont, Bizzaro world.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Man, testing is still a disaster in this country I guess. My brother recently fell a little sick, got tested for Flu and Covid. Negative for the flu, but was told it'll be 7-8 days to hear back about Covid. So completely useless, for all intents and purposes. And the worst part is his work, which is a giant megacorp, wants him to go to work through it all until he gets a positive test! America is such a goddamned mess.

StarZapper on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    StarZapper wrote: »
    Man, testing is still a disaster in this country I guess. My brother recently fell a little sick, got tested for Flu and Covid. Negative for the flu, but was told it'll be 7-8 days to hear back about Covid. So completely useless, for all intents and purposes. And the worst part is his work, which is a giant megacorporation, wants him to go to work through it all unless he gets a positive test! America is such a goddamned mess.

Yep! Someone at my wife's work knew she was exposed with family members testing positive, got a test, and went to work in the meantime because they want to save PTO in case they get COVID, and of course has now tested positive after being at work.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Good things help, but being indoors piles a lot of weight against those good things. Advocate for mask wearing inside and out, for staggered lunchtimes and do all you can to keep windows open. If you can't, or as a bonus, try to get some standing air purifiers units for each classroom. Kids and staff all in masks will help, but you will get leakage and you need a way to clear that out. Ventilation is best, filtration if you can't.

When I have to be in rooms with people, I wear a face shield and bring a fan that I sit behind me to increase air circulation and try to blow stuff away. I am lucky in that my classes are very small and I have very few, so I can properly spread them out when I do have to do it.

We're following state guidelines, so there's not much else I can get them to do, but I'm sure staying my ass away from people as best as I can. I have my own office and a barrier set up at the door so when people need to talk to me, they do it from 15 feet away with a fan pointed at them.

I can't exactly afford to buy a zillion N95s. I have some decent cloth masks, but should probably buy some nicer ones at some point.

I'm really just hoping I don't get it, or I already did and was asymptomatic due to all the mask wearing, and we close down before it becomes too much of an issue, but I doubt this will happen!

It is also important to remember that even though your situation is not... ideal, let's say, that the protections you're taking do matter. Reducing your exposure helps even if you're being exposed, it increases your chances of having a mild or asymptomatic case if you get it.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

It is also important to remember that even though your situation is not... ideal, let's say, that the protections you're taking do matter. Reducing your exposure helps even if you're being exposed, it increases your chances of having a mild or asymptomatic case if you get it.

Yeah, for sure. Just nice to complain every so often and get that reassurance I guess. Doing the best I can and that's all I can do.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    My aunt tested positive (shes fine now), after her positive test, they told her specifically to get another test after a few days. When she went to go get her second test, they told her they wont give her one and to go home.

My sister/her family had to get tests, they didn't get their results until 15 days later(negative).

There just isnt any clear testing guidelines anywhere it seems, even at state level.

steam_sig.png
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    How’s Florida doing you might ask? Well let me tell you about getting my brakes done today. While sitting waiting a lady walks in ignoring the giant placard saying masks are required, demands help, is asked by the employee to put a mask on, and she responds by saying no she doesn’t have to because Governor De Santis said so. So... yeah... going just... great.

edited October 2020

You dont need a zillion n95s. You need ~5, one per day. The whole thing about them being super hard to clean and sterilize isn't relevant for you. Your school is not a hospital. You might at some point have an infected person in the classroom, but, you shouldn't be dealing with continual massive biohazard every day. Most days, the amount of infection on your mask will be zero and just waiting out a few half lives with the mask in a warm dry place will be enough (dry so that bacteria and mold don't grow while its warm)

Edit - also, not a fan, unless you can have it blow out a window. You want an air purifier with a HEPA filter over in the corner of the room (not near you or anyone else). You need to filter the air, not mix the air inside.

The ones you can buy for ~$50-100 aren't hospital grade or anything, but, they are going to remove like 30% of the virus load passing through, and they can cycle the air a surprisingly large amount of times per hour.

tbloxham on
  • HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    My aunt tested positive (shes fine now), after her positive test, they told her specifically to get another test after a few days. When she went to go get her second test, they told her they wont give her one and to go home.

My sister/her family had to get tests, they didn't get their results until 15 days later(negative).

There just isnt any clear testing guidelines anywhere it seems, even at state level.

I took one about a week and a half ago because I had done international travel 5-6 days before and was feeling pretty crap. I ended up paying for a private service that had 1-2 day turnaround (used my FSA as I have a lot of extra there this year). Came back negative (and I was mostly recovered by then, but it was nice. They do both PCR and antibody (I did PCR) and was about $100. I mention this because I have to travel back out of the country in a few weeks and they REQUIRE a negative PCR test issued within 72 hours of travel and a lot of the free or insurance covered options were much slower.

This place even had a same day turnaround in 2 of their centers. This is an outfit around Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue etc for those in WA.

It was an agonizing 24 hours... I can't imagine what people waiting 2 WEEKS go through.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Pence is knee deep in the fuckery as expected

https://www.propublica.org/article/inside-the-fall-of-the-cdc
    Butler’s team rushed to finalize the guidance for churches, synagogues and mosques that Trump’s aides had shelved in April after battling the CDC over the language. In reviewing a raft of last-minute edits from the White House, Butler’s team rejected those that conflicted with CDC research, including a worrisome suggestion to delete a line that urged congregations to “consider suspending or at least decreasing” the use of choirs.

The next day, a furious call came from the office of the vice president: The White House suggestions were not optional. The CDC’s failure to use them was insubordinate, according to emails at the time.

Fifteen minutes later, one of Butler’s deputies had the agency’s text replaced with the White House version, the emails show. The danger of singing wasn’t mentioned.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    StarZapper wrote: »
    Man, testing is still a disaster in this country I guess. My brother recently fell a little sick, got tested for Flu and Covid. Negative for the flu, but was told it'll be 7-8 days to hear back about Covid. So completely useless, for all intents and purposes. And the worst part is his work, which is a giant megacorp, wants him to go to work through it all until he gets a positive test! America is such a goddamned mess.

I can get results back in less than a day in Georgia for the past couple months. Our problem is actually that we don’t have enough people with no symptoms getting tested, so there isn’t any preemptive quarantines.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    A couple weeks back my extended family got around a dozen of us to take over an otherwise empty summer camp. We all got tested ahead of time which felt like it reduced the risk to a reasonable level. Most of us got our test results back before we had gotten home from taking the test.

NY feels like another fucking planet compared to some of these descriptions I'm reading.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    A couple weeks back my extended family got around a dozen of us to take over an otherwise empty summer camp. We all got tested ahead of time which felt like it reduced the risk to a reasonable level. Most of us got our test results back before we had gotten home from taking the test.

NY feels like another fucking planet compared to some of these descriptions I'm reading.

Gotta say "family takes over deserted summer camp during pandemic" has strong zombie apocalypse movie plot potential.

:so_raven:
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

Holy cow, what? Here in California it's like a three day turn-around minimum depending on where you take it. Getting results before you even get home sounds like some kind of science fiction compared to where we are currently here.

Delay in getting results absolutely makes testing far less useful than it ought to be. If you could get tested and know day-of, with confidence, it'd allow for more responsible decisions. Because, yeah, no one is going to say "Hey boss, gotta wait a week to get those test results back".

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Various members of my family have been tested and they've gotten an answer by the next day at the latest.

(The answer was negative, thankfully)

• TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Well damn.

Gotta wonder how California is dropping the ball this hard. Though it does partly explain why our numbers keep going up and up and up, and our ICU space keeps going down and down and down...

VuIBhrs.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »

Gotta say "family takes over deserted summer camp during pandemic" has strong zombie apocalypse movie plot potential.

That was discussed.

It was extra surreal for me as I had worked at that camp as a teenager. Weirdly familiar while also jarring at the things that had changed since then.
    Holy cow, what? Here in California it's like a three day turn-around minimum depending on where you take it. Getting results before you even get home sounds like some kind of science fiction compared to where we are currently here.

Delay in getting results absolutely makes testing far less useful than it ought to be. If you could get tested and know day-of, with confidence, it'd allow for more responsible decisions. Because, yeah, no one is going to say "Hey boss, gotta wait a week to get those test results back".

Yup. Click on line for an appointment, drive on up, they take your state ID number through your window. They roll a trolley over with the testing stuff, walk away and tell you to open the window, get the testing stuff, close your car window, test yourself, then put it back in the trolley. You drive away. Get results in a couple hours, maybe a day they said if they were slow.

Like I said, that week stuff sounds like another planet.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    With regard to testing.

We send our tests to the main lab twice a day by courier. Right now we have enough reagents that we are running mostly (2 hour) rapid tests. This still means if the courier runs at 6am and 4pm and you test at 7am the earliest you can get your result is around midnight. They're probably not going to tell you at midnight, so you get a call the next morning.

Also, if you test positive, guidelines now say to not test again for a number of days - because even without symptoms or being contagious, you will continue testing positive for up to 90 days. So it's symptom based criteria now to manage whether you need to still be in isolation.

Is this ideal? No.

Do many people involved in healthcare mistrust the CDC at this point? Yup, we sure do.

Still, it explains why you wont be retested.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    https://wwmt.com/news/local/more-than-50-covid-19-cases-linked-to-west-michigan-church

"Let's give a mask exemption to churches because reasons!"

*time passes*

"...why are there outbreaks in churches? Surely it must be a mystery!"

Lock them down, let them do services in cars. Just... we're letting the fuckheads walk all over us and THEN we wonder why our corona infection rates are still high- it's because we let anybody with a half-assed excuse or who whines loud enough do whatever the hell they want and the assholes are walking all over us. Take a month or two of a solid lockdown to burn this thing out and we can have this thing under control by Christmas- or we can keep half-assing it and continue the pain for a hell of a lot longer.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I can’t imagine things changes until and unless Biden gets in.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »

It wont change with Biden in charge, either. This isn't a one guy problem, this is a behavioral problem with people who get angry when asked to participate for the greater good.

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »

It wont change with Biden in charge, either. This isn't a one guy problem, this is a behavioral problem with people who get angry when asked to participate for the greater good.

That reminded me of this diatribe by some streamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl6WYw6H-VM

And he's got a point. The majority of sane people communicate with their elected leaders every other year at most because we functionally trust the government to be competent even if we say we don't.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I can’t imagine things change until and unless Biden gets in.

That's an incredibly nihilistic take. I feel like Biden letting the CDC do its job, being on television demonstrating good behavior and telling people how to make this go away along with passing stimulus and lockdowns if needed will make a difference in the pandemic.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

I think a large part of that anger comes from the President saying "you should be angry about this."

I don't deny that a frightening and disheartening percentage of us Americans are intellectually lazy, morally lazy, selfish jackasses, who can't see and/or don't care about the future past their own noses but when you have the active government pushing that kind of culture every second of every day, it has a multiplicative reinforcing effect on that kind of attitude. So, I absolutely think that things will change with Biden at the helm.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I can’t imagine things change until and unless Biden gets in.

That's an incredibly nihilistic take. I feel like Biden letting the CDC do its job, being on television demonstrating good behavior and telling people how to make this go away along with passing stimulus and lockdowns if needed will make a difference in the pandemic.

It won't fix the problem, but it will help.

Biden being in charge wont make the people already encouraged to put others in danger just evaporate. Someone with a functional CDC and clear role as a leader could have done something 9 months ago.

Biden will halt the decline maybe. He's not a time wizard. The people who aren't taking this seriously now and are causing problems are with us for at least a decade.

In California I've had friends, colleagues and my son take tests. The free public tests have come back in less than 2 days, all the testing through clinics and Healthcare came back in less than 24. Doctors ordered one came back in 6 hours.

State dashboard says 92% of tests returned in less than 48 hours as of 10/03, which has also been my experience.

https://testing.covid19.ca.gov/

Well damn.

Gotta wonder how California is dropping the ball this hard. Though it does partly explain why our numbers keep going up and up and up, and our ICU space keeps going down and down and down...

Do you live in a different California? Because, thats literally not happening. It could start happening tomorrow to be sure, but there's literally zero available data anywhere which indicates anything like what you are saying here.

Hospitalizations in California are at their lowest levels since April 13th. ICU numbers the same. Where is your data coming from?

www.covid.ca.gov

Our test numbers are lower than they should be, but trending the right way. Positivity is still falling. Deaths are falling.

This discussion has been closed.