As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Only got the new Shantotto.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I would LOVE it if the arena would stop completely logging me out when I'm just trying to suicide my way through the 10 orbs. Or at least remember that I don't live in the EEA, or any other settings I have.

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Bare minimum from the free 10 pulls. Only 5* was WoL Krile #3, although that is a nice STMR should I ever get #4.

I've gotten 9 Nalus over the years, so that has finally paid off. However, I'm regretting getting two of her STMRs (I almost never use the first, so not sure why I made the second) since I could have had another 50 shards. I still had enough to EX1 her, so that's good enough, I suppose. I'm in a similar position with Reberta, where I have 9 of her, but I'm keeping the extras separate for now in the hopes of a NVA. Although that has the opposite problem in that I'd really like another of her STMR.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Wow! The 4* NV/EX ticket from the exploration just gave me NV Firion. I guess I should farm that Brave Insignia event some more.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, the normal free 10-summon was nothing, but the 10+1 free summon was Itachi 4, Tropical Nichol 4, SSCharlotte 8 (she does get an NVA, right?), and Folka 3, so hey. Coulda been way worse!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    My frees were trash save a Sol so another one for NVA whenever that shows up eventually.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Well, the normal free 10-summon was nothing, but the 10+1 free summon was Itachi 4, Tropical Nichol 4, SSCharlotte 8 (she does get an NVA, right?), and Folka 3, so hey. Coulda been way worse!

Charlotte does indeed get an NVA

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Free 10 was trash

Free 11 was Elephim 5, CG Squall 1 and 2, Mediena 5, and OK Refia 3

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    I would LOVE it if the arena would stop completely logging me out when I'm just trying to suicide my way through the 10 orbs. Or at least remember that I don't live in the EEA, or any other settings I have.

I get hit with the arena log out error at least once a day. It's such a massive inconvenience. I got it twice in a row while clearing my daily arena fights today.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Beryl #7 and nothing else. Even tried moving to my iPad for one pull but some shitty luck this morning.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Picked up my 3rd NV Cloud from the free 10draw, so now I have his STMR.

Got Tetra Physalis#4, Nalu#4, and WoL Krile#2 from the free summons. If we ever get the daily shard dungeons that means NVA for Nalu eventually. Tetra Physalis' STMR is very nice for her coming NV.

edited October 2020
    Gonna be using Itachi in the Antenolla trial later, which is exciting! Gonna be using her as my breaker/ice imperil/ice imbue (spread by MMXon)/supplemental damage unit. Feels nice to actually be using her as opposed to just letting her sit on the bench.

Cruor on
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Got Monk Sabin #3 from the free stuff. Thanks, game...

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    90000 lapis and a bunch of tickets, no Edel. Gotta love no safety net. Fuck this game sometimes.

edited October 2020
    90000 lapis and a bunch of tickets, no Edel. Gotta love no safety net. Fuck this game sometimes.

That's also 90K lapis for not getting 50% Edel. You'd need another one to EX+1 her for her 2nd form. The NV shit is getting disgusting in it's blatant greed right now. If we don't hear about safety nets here for Halloween, I'm done. Hell even with safety nets, I might pack it up. The writing is on the wall as to where this game is heading in it's twilight.

Trajan45 on
    Trajan45 wrote: »

That's also 90K lapis for not getting 50% Edel. You'd need another one to EX+1 her for her 2nd form. The NV shit is getting disgusting in it's blatant greed right now. If we don't hear about safety nets here for Halloween, I'm done. Hell even with safety nets, I might pack it up. The writing is on the wall as to where this game is heading in it's twilight.

Yeah it’s definitely dampening my enthusiasm to say the least.

Hrn, turns out using Itachi/MMXon to spread ice imbue just leaves me without ice imbue for awhile after it runs out.

Could anyone put up a plant killer NV Elena with an ice weapon equipped? Would make the plant trial a bit easier for me.

I could throw up AK Akstar if you have an AMoE chainer. He has Ice Imbue for all on no cooldown.

Cruor wrote: »
    Hrn, turns out using Itachi/MMXon to spread ice imbue just leaves me without ice imbue for awhile after it runs out.

Could anyone put up a plant killer NV Elena with an ice weapon equipped? Would make the plant trial a bit easier for me.

Still need the setup?

Mine is setup on faves (tab 1).

Still need the setup?

Yeah, if you could.

edited October 2020
    Looks like the Taiwanese youtube channel for FFBE leaked the NV Halloween unit and then quickly made the video private. Named Ibara, low quality screen grab in the spoiler. Speculation is that the Halloween event/banner should be coming next week based on the time when the video would go live. We will probably get an updates video on Monday.
    kJQtMJt_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Looks like a spooky mage type unit

Cruor on

Still need the setup?

Yeah, if you could.

Done, favorite slot.
    Also if anyone wants to test her decked out I’ve got NV Edel at EX+2 with her STMR in event slot.

edited October 2020
    Antenolla down, much smoother when not having to worry about imbues. Thanks for the shared Elenas!

Cruor on
    Anyone with AK Akstar want to throw him up with plant killers?

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Nemesis 1, let me know if you want anything adjusted

maraji on
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Setup in Nemesis 1.
    Full status immune, 4.3k ATK, 300% Plant killer in both forms.

Does Akstar need his LB? I haven't leveled it..

Lorek on
    We'll find out haha.

Lorek wrote: »

Setup in Nemesis 1.
    Full status immune, 4.3k ATK, 300% Plant killer in both forms.

Does Akstar need his LB? I haven't leveled it..

From memelord's review:
    Rotation:
    [BS] Turn 1: Culmination of Destruction + Reigning Blade - Nation Division + Disciplined Blade - Grave Result
    [BS] Turn 2: Disciplined Blade - Grave Result x2 + Death Blade - Falling Star Frost
    [NM] Turn 3: Whirl of Blizzards + Destructive Blade - Glacial Fissure x2
    [NM] Turn 4: Limit Burst
    [NM] Turn 5: Destructive Blade - Glacial Fissure x3
    [NM] Turn 6: Reigning Blade - Nation Divided + Destructive Blade - Glacial Fissure x2
    [NM] Turn 7: Limit Burst
    [NM] Turn 8: Whirl of Blizzards + Destructive Blade - Glacial Fissure x2
    [NM] Turn 9: Destructive Blade - Glacial Fissure x3
    [NM] Turn 10: Limit Burst

Looks like his LB is a pretty integral to his rotation, and it goes from 86x mod at level 1 to 125x mod at level 40. He doesn't have any LB damage buffs in his kit, so you may want to slot in someone who can give LB damage buffs (Yoshikiri and Akstar BFFs).

I put my NV Akstar up with status immunity and as much plant killer as I could fit.

Seems like everyone else has it covered but if you need any extra oomph just let me know, as mine is EX+3 with max lb.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I don't have the unit but I was curious so I looked up plant killer. So is it just a flat increase to the base damage, or is it an increase to the final damage? Like, is it Stat * 1.5=ModStat * Skill Modifier= final damage? Or is it that the stat goes through the skill modifier on damage and is then multiplied by 1.5 (or however much vs plants you can stack)?

I'm assuming that like other things I assumed were pointless, the "killer" attributes were ones I should have been unlocking on espers instead of ignoring them because those are usually pointless as well in most games.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    edited October 2020
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I don't have the unit but I was curious so I looked up plant killer. So is it just a flat increase to the base damage, or is it an increase to the final damage? Like, is it Stat * 1.5=ModStat * Skill Modifier= final damage? Or is it that the stat goes through the skill modifier on damage and is then multiplied by 1.5 (or however much vs plants you can stack)?

I'm assuming that like other things I assumed were pointless, the "killer" attributes were ones I should have been unlocking on espers instead of ignoring them because those are usually pointless as well in most games.

i9djtzcpqjyx.png

Killers are a MASSIVE boost to damage. In the above formula, killers are in the "Multiplier" category. You can read more about the damage mechanics here: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mechanics

Cruor on
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    The attack formula is basically (Unit ATK^2 / Enemy DEF) x Skill Modifier x Weapon Variance x Other Multipliers
    The "other multipliers" section is:
    • Chain Damage Bonus
    • Killers
    • Jump Damage Boost
    • Elemental Resistance/Weakness
    • Limit Burst Damage Boost
    • Elemental damage boost
    • Dark Vision Elemental Damage Party Boost

So each of those things are a direct multiplier on the final damage.

Edit: I have been beated, and you even provided the link... oh the shame.

Lorek on
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I am all of 4 levels away from turning Nalu into an NV and the massive XP requirement is disheartening, even with all the XP increasing gear and abilities I have all stacked on her. Even at 3.5 times the XP it's taking an age just to get to 117. I'm not even really asking for help, I'm just complaining.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur

Don't forget to do the Daily Gil Hunt!
    In the Vortex, it's on the Enhance tab.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Man, I should do item world, I have multiple STMRs to run through, but there is too much grind already.

Steam ID: Right here.
    OBAMA'd Antenolla. NV Akstar does pretty good