As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Oh man, yeah I missed an opportunity.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Got my first chase Pop. I told myself I wouldn't go too hard on the DBZ ones because I have enough Banpresto figures already. Honestly didn't even know it had a chase so I really lucked out haha
    nbjlgp3vlinn.jpg

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Wave 4 revealed. It’s beautiful.

w8gikxhu2fwg.jpeg

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Holy crap I had that lizard guy

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That is a Gecko, and he’s Mondo

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    So, looks like pre-orders opened up (at some stores, at least - I don't see one at BBTS, for example) for the new Masterpiece Starscream. $275.

I put in a no-money-down pre-order at The Chosen Prime just in case, and now I'm going to have a long sit-down with myself and have a conversation about whether I need or even want something like that.

I did the same, without the thinking part. It makes me wonder if they get theirs from TF Source since they both used the same photos and one fan version.
    Heads-up, @Betsuni , BBTS just opened their pre-order for MP Starscream 2.0, and it's $265 on there (so $10 cheaper than TCP). Granted, BBTS shipping costs $4 and TCP's shipping is free when over $150, so really BBTS comes out $6 cheaper, but... just letting you know!

(TCP might lower their price for all I know. I think the $275 was early speculation and $265 is based on the officially-given-price-in-yen-converted-to-US-dollars or something like that.)

The other thing to keep in mind is that BBTS gets their 3P transformers like a month later than everyone else, and that might be true for official Transformers as well, so you have to decide if one month or $6 matters more.

• Options
    Oh cool thanks! Yeah they are slow, but they eventually get them in. I never paid attention to TCP when they get theirs in. I'm hoping that Hasbro Pulse puts it up and I'll buy it from them.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Is Hasbro Pulse preferable to other online stores?

• Options

Eh, they’ll be retail price since it’s directly from Hasbro, as opposed to some other sites like BBTS being a dollar or two more since they’re third party. Hasbro also has free shipping if you break a threshold, maybe $40? I forget.

The thing I don’t get is it seems like stores and online retailers will often get Hasbro products before my Hasbro Pulse order ships, so that’s a little frustrating. I mainly use Pulse for their exclusives.

So yeah, overall they’re good, just a bit slow, and have cool exclusives

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

Eh, they’ll be retail price since it’s directly from Hasbro, as opposed to some other sites like BBTS being a dollar or two more since they’re third party. Hasbro also has free shipping if you break a threshold, maybe $40? I forget.

The thing I don’t get is it seems like stores and online retailers will often get Hasbro products before my Hasbro Pulse order ships, so that’s a little frustrating. I mainly use Pulse for their exclusives.

So yeah, overall they’re good, just a bit slow, and have cool exclusives

The only reason I use them is that I have yet to be screwed by them cancelling a pre-order. They had only one that I knew of that failed which was mini-cassette set that apparently a shipment was lost at sea or destroyed. Other than that they are usually solid and yeah almost always slow to get the items compared to the other sites and stores. I did notice that the last few Masterpieces they did beat BBTS in shipping them out. I just attribute that to they don't want to step on their partners by beating them to the punch.

Speaking of that, here's their pre-order which is the same price as BBTS.
    https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-takara-tomy-masterpiece-mp-52-starscream

Also two new exclusives of the Terrorcons and Siege Soundblaster.
    $189.99 https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/transformers-takara-tomy-generations-selects-tt-gs05-abominus-hasbro-pulse-exclusive
    $42.99 https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/transformers-takara-tomy-generations-selects-tt-gs12-soundblaster-hasbro-pulse-exclusive

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yeah, they do seem more reliable than most places.

That stuff looks cool but I’m good with my PotP Abominus, Siege Soundblaster, and MP07 Starscream

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I am slightly annoyed that it took me a lot of traveling around town to pick up the pieces for Abominus and now BAM there it is in a convenient box set. The Soundblaster is slightly annoying since it looks much better clean and has Laserbeak with him, although I did get my Walmart Soundblaster for way cheaper. Now I'd probably buy it if he came with Buzzsaw (which I don't know why they always leave him out or last).

I did pre-order Starscream since I never bought the previous two versions of him so I finally can have a Starscream to go with my Megatron. Now if they make Skywarp in this mold I'm doomed since I already have the MP-11SW version, or heaven forbid they make the coneheads with this new mold!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Narrator: They made the Coneheads with this new mold.

• Options
    Second Funko Soda, still no chase but I'm really liking these. Have a few too many on preorder now lmao
    uayfjuytezmz.jpg

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    All of the dolls I want to buy from Danny Choo right now are on discount, because he's clearing out stock for his move to a new office. I'm so pissed off I don't have a job yet so I can buy them all.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    All of the dolls I want to buy from Danny Choo right now are on discount, because he's clearing out stock for his move to a new office. I'm so pissed off I don't have a job yet so I can buy them all.

That sucks when sales hit at the worst time.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I picked up the Walgreens Frankenstein and Jack Skellington funkos a few days ago. I'm a sucker for glow in the dark things.

• Options
    “I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash upon me and be broken.”

Pretty damn pumped to have obtained this guy

37jnbf3ubgep.jpeg

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    *whispers* Who is he?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    *whispers* Who is he?

The Eternal One
    The First One
    Bringer of Chaos
    He Who Never Dies
    Genesis
    En Sabah Nur
    •-|A|-•

Apocalypse

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Darkseid of the X-men.

• Options
    The A on the belt is more iconic the the A on caps head

I'm gonna need to see pics of your Legends collection sometime @Forever Zefiro

Also when do u get the sentinel 😳

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Official pics of Studio Series '86 Hot Rod and '86 Jazz

There's also some leaked pics of '86 Grimlock, among others. He's a biggun.

post-2160-0-47723300-1602688404.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Aw yeah, finally a proper Jazz!!!! Looks like I will have a bunch more Transformers I can get rid since I'll be replacing them with these. These finally look like the cartoon and not headmasters or random combiner bots.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    ‘86 Grimlock is relevant to my interests

He’s looking super chonky in that pic though

Nobody on
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    ‘86 Grimlock is relevant to my interests

He’s looking super chonky in that pic though

I love how he comes with Wheelie. Wonder if Wheelie transforms.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Latest rumor was that he doesn't transform.

Note that this rumor is from months ago, and everything else about it (studio series '86 leader class Grimlock who comes with Wheelie) was confirmed, so that has a good chance of being right as well.

• Options
    A Fan First Friday happened for Transformers today, with a bunch of official reveals: https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/10/16/transformers-studio-series-86-retro-headmasters-official-images-pre-orders-live-422072#more-422072

Target Exclusive Runabout and Thrust
    Walmart Exclusive Headmaster redecos (Chromedome, Hardhead, Brainstorm and Mindwipe)
    Amazon Exclusive Galactic Odyssey Micromaster Six pack (apparently inspired by MASK vehicles?)

Studio Series '86 Grimlock (w/ Wheelie), Scourge, Blurr and Kup and the Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Devastator boxset that's been rumored awhile.

Grabbed Grimlock, Jazz and the micromaster six-pack. Just couldn't justify grabbing Devastator though. I'm already going to have trouble finding a spot for my upcoming Beast Wars collection.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    $50 for Grimlock is spicy, but it looks to be about the right size, so I can’t complain.

Somewhat tempted on Thrust.

On one hand I kinda want the Galactic Odyssey set, but it looks like only two of them are nods to MASK.

• Options
    Wonder what those Walmart headmasters are? Maybe rereleases of the original G1 figures?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Wonder what those Walmart headmasters are? Maybe rereleases of the original G1 figures?

They're just the Titan Returns versions with better paintjobs. They do have retro G1 packaging though.

• Options

They're just the Titan Returns versions with better paintjobs. They do have retro G1 packaging though.

Ah, hmm, kinda neat. I’m probably good with the original TR releases

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    A Fan First Friday happened for Transformers today, with a bunch of official reveals: https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/10/16/transformers-studio-series-86-retro-headmasters-official-images-pre-orders-live-422072#more-422072

Target Exclusive Runabout and Thrust
    Walmart Exclusive Headmaster redecos (Chromedome, Hardhead, Brainstorm and Mindwipe)
    Amazon Exclusive Galactic Odyssey Micromaster Six pack (apparently inspired by MASK vehicles?)

Studio Series '86 Grimlock (w/ Wheelie), Scourge, Blurr and Kup and the Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Devastator boxset that's been rumored awhile.

Grabbed Grimlock, Jazz and the micromaster six-pack. Just couldn't justify grabbing Devastator though. I'm already going to have trouble finding a spot for my upcoming Beast Wars collection.

I'm a sucker and pre-ordered all of the SS 86 stuff, Thrust and Runabout, plus the six pack. Might cancel my six pack order, but I love the little guys.

Probably will pass on the headmasters since they are Walmart and I already have the TR line. Will see if that new paint job gets me. Hahahah.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The A on the belt is more iconic the the A on caps head

I'm gonna need to see pics of your Legends collection sometime "Forever Zefiro"

Also when do u get the sentinel 😳

I don’t think there’s a date yet for the Sentinel, just Fall 2021.

I really need to organize and setup stuff. My MLs are all over the place 😣

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I finally got around to painting a face on one of the blank heads I have. Somewhat generic, but I'm pleased with it. I have a lot of heads so I can start experimenting, but I wanted to start easy.
    rfbpczffvtsi.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I love these little dudes
    se9iss6sobg8.jpeg

They even have neck swivels! Pretty cool

Also, OC donut steel content here just for you
    ~Mecha Shiva~

b75ll56abu2m.jpeg
    jwbqd2djiqi9.jpeg

Stupid forums rotated them, oh well you get the idea

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I finally got around to painting a face on one of the blank heads I have. Somewhat generic, but I'm pleased with it. I have a lot of heads so I can start experimenting, but I wanted to start easy.
    rfbpczffvtsi.jpg

That's easy? Wow, I hate to see difficult. Great job with the paint, now I'm not so creeped out by them.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I love these little dudes
    se9iss6sobg8.jpeg

They even have neck swivels! Pretty cool

Also, OC donut steel content here just for you
    ~Mecha Shiva~

b75ll56abu2m.jpeg
    jwbqd2djiqi9.jpeg

Stupid forums rotated them, oh well you get the idea

They just need a trench coat so they can pass for one adult.

• Options
    New faces in progress.
    hwrb1hzmmzop.jpg

• Options
    They look great. Are you painting the eyes also, or are they pre-painted (or decals or something)?