As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Low Bar: Cleared!

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    This was never going to end well. During all those months, March to July, the league did nothing to prepare.

I mean, I basically have gotten to the point the only games I'll really watch are Dallas games and when the playoffs (but not Super Bowl) happen. This year, it just felt extra ghoulish. I only watched the last minute or so of last week's game and honestly, don't care.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Dammit now the Falcons have 4 positive tests.

The league got my hopes up but was just getting lucky early

I wouldn't worry too much. It's only after they're at least 20 positive tests up, will it go completely to shit.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I’m warning everyone now

When this season is canceled, I will claim it, very obnoxiously, as the season the Browns would have won the Superbowl

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I’m warning everyone now

When this season is canceled, I will claim it, very obnoxiously, as the season the Browns would have won the Superbowl

On Ebay?

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I’m warning everyone now

Everything went to shit when the Cubs won the World Series 4 years ago, so yeah, we now have to finish the season so the Browns can win the Super Bowl to fix the jinx.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I’m warning everyone now

Reminds me of the strike year that the mariners totally would have won the world series.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    I’m warning everyone now

Reminds me of the strike year that the mariners totally would have won the world series.

Pfffffffftttthhhhhhbbbbtttttt Cleveland was going to win that year

I’m warning everyone now

Pfffffffftttthhhhhhbbbbtttttt Cleveland was going to win that year

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a Cleveland title out of this hat!

Honestly though if the season does shut down, hawk fans will scream bloody murder

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Honestly though if the season does shut down, hawk fans will scream bloody murder

How is that different from any other week?

How is that different from any other week?

They'll be right this time.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    I’m warning everyone now

I will also do this, but for the Titans. Can't have a mid-season collapse if we don't make it to mid-season!

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I think I said after week one in this very thread that this looked like the best Seahawks roster since the Super Bowl teams and I was gonna be super sad when the season got canceled.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

It'll be interesting to see how this impacts edwards helaire usage. They are pretty similar and the chiefs seemed like they needed more of a Derrick Henry type. Grumble grumble fantasy football something something grumble.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    admanb wrote: »
    I think I said after week one in this very thread that this looked like the best Seahawks roster since the Super Bowl teams and I was gonna be super sad when the season got canceled.

The offense is so stupid good but even with Adams, the D is .... not good. It’s an inverse roster.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Did I gaslight myself or was there going to be a game tonight?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Tox wrote: »

There was it was moved to monday

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • XantomasXantomas Registered User regular

Yeah that was KC vs Buffalo I believe. Turns out they didn't want Buffalo to play on a Tues night and then again on Thurs night 2 days later, so they moved the game to the next Monday.

Schedule is only going to start becoming more of a shitshow!

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Xantomas wrote: »

Yeah that was KC vs Buffalo I believe. Turns out they didn't want Buffalo to play on a Tues night and then again on Thurs night 2 days later, so they moved the game to the next Monday.

Schedule is only going to start becoming more of a shitshow!

About that...

vh5k60leogl5.jpg

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Oh my god just reading that hurts my fucking brain.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    I guess the Chargers made someone made for a schedule change?

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    If the season isn't outright cancelled I 100% expect the Super Bowl to take place in like May of next year.

Those were the changes announced last week

But there are lots of isolated positive tests around the league still threatening further outbreak and chaos

If the season isn't outright cancelled I 100% expect the Super Bowl to take place in like May of next year.

That's why cancellations probably need to happen. This reshuffling shit all the time is going to mess things up. While it's unfair that teams that do the right thing and still get fucked by Covid will be penalized, it does give incentive to be more cautious so you're not on that list.

Make sure teams and players aren't punished for things beyond their control, and make sure they're punished severely for fuckups that are on them.

But you need to keep this shit moving. Else we're going to have a playoff picture like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOvldn_IRw

https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-cancel-practice-after-another-positive-covid-19-test

"Patriots cancel practice after another positive COVID-19 test"
    "Later the team placed center James Ferentz on the reserve/COVID-19 list, Pelissero reported per a source."

This is what I meant from earlier. Apparently this is already the second time it's been rescheduled, and it probably shouldn't be played (or rescheduled again) if a player tests positive two days before gametime. There's simply no reason to think other players might have been infected by Ferentz, or whoever Ferentz caught it from, and will be contagious on Sunday.

The insistence on making sure that all teams play all games, is going to result in the season being cancelled, because all it's going to take is a superspreader event from one team to another, and the season becomes unviable.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Let's be honest, it's irresponsible to have even attempted to have a season, but at this point it is getting to criminal negligence levels.

steam_sig.png
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I’m warning everyone now

Yup I don't think this season is going the distance which makes me sad because the packers are actually firing on all cylinders and looking good this year.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    I’m warning everyone now

Yup I don't think this season is going the distance which makes me sad because the packers are actually firing on all cylinders and looking good this year.

Amazing what a difference a coaching change can make. It's almost like the previous head coach was actively detrimental to the success of the team.

steam_sig.png
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I’m warning everyone now

Amazing what a difference a coaching change can make. It's almost like the previous head coach was actively detrimental to the success of the team.

Given what the cowboys look at it is even more clear how checked out and slacking he is. He got into a rut and is still in that rut. Rodgers was his crutch that could make the team functional but lacking that everything he does is predictable and out of date.

edited October 2020
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I’m warning everyone now

Well, we've seen what that coach has done with a team that was arguably asgood at every position but one (and while Dak isn't Rodgers, he's not garbage either).

The irony is, Covid and the Dak injury are gonna give McCarthy an extra year of longevity with Dallas.

And that makes me tingle in all the naughty places. New England excepted (and Belichick is going nowhere), noone deserved McCarthy more than the Cowboys.

MorganV on
    Thirteen Jacksonville player test positive. Twelve from the practice squad.

They closed the practice facility and plan to play tomorrow.

• SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    No, 13 players are on the COVID list after one player tested positive. 12 were on the practice squad

Broadcast Maps

Two Monday games [(KC/BUF, 5p EDT, FOX/NFLN) and (ARI/DAL, 8p EDT, ESPN).

ONE FOX late game. So unless you're lucky enough to be in the areas for NYJ/MIA, then you get nothing but GOAT Rodgers and Buckman. But maybe Brady remembers what down it is?

No Idea if Buckman is doing the Monday game, if so, they could be doing up to four games including next Sunday.

Broadcast Maps

Two Monday games [(KC/BUF, 5p EDT, FOX/NFLN) and (ARI/DAL, 8p EDT, ESPN).

ONE FOX late game. So unless you're lucky enough to be in the areas for NYJ/MIA, then you get nothing but GOAT Rodgers and Buckman. But maybe Brady remembers what down it is?

No Idea if Buckman is doing the Monday game, if so, they could be doing up to four games including next Sunday.

Can't believe that my local FTA decided to go with Jets/Dolphins.

In what fucking world would you look at that and go "Yeah, that's sure to be the better game.".

Even if Rodgers wasn't playing, and Brady didn't sign with Tampa, Pack/Buc was likely to be the better game.

And Pats/Broncos? This is like the third Pats game they've shown, out of 12 games (we only get two on FTA, only the pre-night two Sunday games).

I get wanting to see Cam, but we've seen that. Granted, a lot of games in the early slate never looked good, but depending on when the decision was made to schedule, Vikings/Falcons might have looked good on paper a couple months back, and Steelers/Browns if the decision was made in the last couple weeks.

Thankfully I don't have to work with FTA.

Dallas and New England are almost guaranteed to be shown wherever.

Dallas and New England are almost guaranteed to be shown wherever.

Actually, Dallas get less airtime here (Australia) now that FTA no longer shows the night games (SNF/MNF), than a lot of other teams.

Broncos and Dolphins show up more than they should.

edited October 2020
    Pumping this thread to put it ahead of tge old one.

Falcons have a 20pt lead.

So, Vikings are primed for a victory.

EDIT: Falcons up by 26, with less than 2 minutes to go. So.... coinflip they piss it away?

Got to see the Pats eat it hard, so my day is going fine.

MorganV on
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm not really watching much this season for mostly time-related issues, but I check the box score for my beloved Vikings. Kirk Cousins is being a prototypical Vikings quarterback, I see.

While the Texans deserve to lose for ignoring Derrick Henry, one hill I will die on, is the stupid "Each side gets a possession unless a TD is scored".

Just gives too much advantage to a f'n coin flip. Both sides should get a chance, if both score TD's, then that's how it plays out.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I think I personally have a grudge against Matt Ryan now. Picked him up because Drew was being more mediocre than I anticipated, held him long enough for him to have the worst three-game stretch in his entire fucking CAREER, drop him, and then my opponent picks him up to drop 36 on me--more than he had scored for me IN TOTAL.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin