As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PODCASTS: which Backstreet Boys song samples a fart?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Abby was a big part in revitalising my interest in Giant Bomb, she will be missed

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    She just moved into her new workspace too! I wonder if she is paying for that out of pocket or it was an expensed thing. I have to imagine it was expensed. I look forward to see what she does next, she's a ton of fun.

Should make for some quick Game of the Year debates though, this is probably the lowest staffed GB has been in a while.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, like East is just Vinny & Alex now. Bakalar's part of the crew obviously but he's not an actual GB employee.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Good lord. Cory Doctorow guest-starring on Judge John Hodgman is exactly what you think that would be like. I feel like this is a damning mirror that I did not need to look into this afternoon.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I think Abby just broke twitter.

Also, I love that they updated the trending tab to specify what is going on, as a lot of people have been freaking out over "Giant Bomb" trending.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    dang i can't believe she's been there for almost 4 years already, where does the time go

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    She just moved into her new workspace too! I wonder if she is paying for that out of pocket or it was an expensed thing. I have to imagine it was expensed. I look forward to see what she does next, she's a ton of fun.

Should make for some quick Game of the Year debates though, this is probably the lowest staffed GB has been in a while.

that's just less people to help override the brad filibuster!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Yea but with less people to feed his coke habit he should get sleepy and nod off at the table earlier in the deliberations, allowing the others to more easily vote in the real winners.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

I heard brad was leaving

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    so I wonder if this is the time to close down Giant Bomb East as a thing and it's all just "Giant Bomb" now

it's not like there's an office to go to or one at all for the foreseeable future, even if there wasn't a plague out there their office got sold

could probably get a better pool of applicants if it was no longer required to locate to San Francisco or New York

6F32U1X.png
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    4 years in your first full time professional gig is good enough I reckon. Good for her. Has she announced where she’s going?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    4 years in your first full time professional gig is good enough I reckon. Good for her. Has she announced where she’s going?

She doesn't have a job lined up at the moment.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    She could make a go of just being a streamer at this point, if that is what she desired

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Gaming never seemed like a super high priority for Abby, I dunno if she’d want to go the streamer route.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    She's also asking for leads on jobs that are decidedly behind the camera, so I imagine she's not keen on being a streamer. Especially since she already went through the trouble of getting an office rented out so she didn't have to have her home constantly airing to the internet.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    My gosh, I love these Tower episodes of Partizan so much

This game type is so incredibly my shit and Austin and Jack are really great to listen to bouncing off each other about religion and broken, awful people.

This might be my favourite part of the season so far?

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i am honestly dreading getting to that bit, now that I have heard about what happens
    they just had like, hours of talk after the post mortem and the drawing maps about how clem was an absolutely bad character and that people did not like playing with her in the group. and it honestly did suck, it was a drag to have just an irredeemable character in the party who had zero positive character growth, and I was so glad she was gone. I just really do not want to listen to her be awful for hours.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Wait what
    Clementine was awful, obviously, but I never got the sense that anyone disliked playing with her.

Like, she's a great character, she's just also a terrible person.

Straightzi wrote: »
    Wait what
    Clementine was awful, obviously, but I never got the sense that anyone disliked playing with her.

keith's character specifically left because he couldn't find a way to engage with her that made any sense at all for his character. They kept his leaving in because he had already decided, but leap leaves because clem is still around and is going to be a PC. The drawing maps episode made it pretty clear that keith just really didn't like having to be in that situation all the time, and had to struggle with it in kingdom a lot.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Witch In The Glass episodes vague spoilers
    Clem is a pretty different person by the end of the Tower game

Not a good person, by any measure, but she has a heck of a lot of character development and I really enjoyed her journey through it. You can pretty clearly tell that Austin and Jack are having a blast with it too.

Veldrin wrote: »
    Witch In The Glass episodes vague spoilers
    Clem is a pretty different person by the end of the Tower game

Not a good person, by any measure, but she has a heck of a lot of character development and I really enjoyed her journey through it. You can pretty clearly tell that Austin and Jack are having a blast with it too.

This makes me feel better about listening to it then

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Wait what

keith's character specifically left because he couldn't find a way to engage with her that made any sense at all for his character. They kept his leaving in because he had already decided, but leap leaves because clem is still around and is going to be a PC. The drawing maps episode made it pretty clear that keith just really didn't like having to be in that situation all the time, and had to struggle with it in kingdom a lot.
    I see a huge difference between "I can't see how my character would continue to associate with this other party member" and "this is a bad character"

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wish I would ever be able to catch up with fatt

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    I feel bummed about Abby leaving. My first Beastcast, or one of my first, was Abby’s first Beastcast as well. For my connection to modern Giant Bomb, she has been around as long as I have.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Justin played the Adventure Zone board game on stream
    They were defeated by his nemesis, Jesus Christ

so I started a new job that is menial enough that it means I am now listening to podcasts 7 hours a day while I work

and this is where I come here, hat in hand, to say...yeah Rude Tales of Magic is pretty good

I can't tell if it's heavily edited or these people are really just that quick and on-point

6F32U1X.png
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    so I started a new job that is menial enough that it means I am now listening to podcasts 7 hours a day while I work

and this is where I come here, hat in hand, to say...yeah Rude Tales of Magic is pretty good

I can't tell if it's heavily edited or these people are really just that quick and on-point

I think the answer is yes

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah it's a little of column A and B there

The live episodes are much less edited, but it also reveals that most of the editing in normal episodes end up being around dice rolls and stuff

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I barely notice a difference in terms of the quickness of the patter between the live shows and the edited ones

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Branson lays in some of the more florid setting description monologues in post. Some dice rolls get cut, and if a scene is completely terrible, it'll get excised. And there have been one or two instances of a player regretting a character choice, and they've fixed it in the edit.

But the speed of their interactions is legit - they've all done improv together for years.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    2rlr1fl2y7cd.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Branson lays in some of the more florid setting description monologues in post. Some dice rolls get cut, and if a scene is completely terrible, it'll get excised. And there have been one or two instances of a player regretting a character choice, and they've fixed it in the edit.

But the speed of their interactions is legit - they've all done improv together for years.

I'm really curious about these regrettable character choices now

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Speaking of Rude Tales, there is a bit in the most recent where Stirfry ruined me with a bit of perfect timing to the point of having to take a minute
    The next challenge is one of phyiscal prowess, camera pans slowly over Ablee and Bellow, Stirfry pops into frame "I'll do it!" Perfection.

And then he spends the rest of the encounter collecting juggling balls because dammit he can DO this.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    this blank check digression about bart the bear is really great

I recently got back into Rock Band

and this is when I remember Alex Navarro is on my friendslist and every single time I finish a song on drums I am immediately shamed

"look how much better Alex did than you, you fool," it says to me

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.