As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Conquest of Deepnest - Host Notes Up

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Oh duh.

Still sus!

Wait, did SeGaTai make it a tie between Cyth and Virgil?

Why are so many of you making crazy votes in such a close race!

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yep. SeGaTai tied it up (with 5 and a half hours to go). You broke the tie, then Aura and Cythraul cemented it for Virgil.

All based on H3's count and following posts, btw.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Made you look.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Day One: Light and Dark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8j9KonopMc

The troops reported light skirmishes in a half dozen separate conflicts. Upon hearing this, the gigantic knight called a halt to inspire the army. As the line halted, the troops pushed forward a bug who had been found guilty of plotting to sabotage the army. Such a crime was punishable by a swift macing. Over and over the mace smashed poor Virgil_Leads_You. Suspicious that this did not improve morale properly, the knight called a rest for the night.

Heffling was having one of those days. She knew the other aristocrats were trying to cast her out and so she did the only thing she was good at, she sucked up to whoever was around her. She had recently found a bug, no, a knight to shield her and elevate her social status past those others. She had courted this magnificent figure for weeks and just when it seemed like she was to get what she wanted he was dispatched. Worse, he demanded the king allow her to accompany him. What an honor truly, but she’d far rather be poor and outcast then dead. She made no secret of what she thought of the “common” soldier and so perhaps it was not that surprising when she was found dead, slash marks in her corpse.

To tell the truth LostNinja, wasn’t really sure how he ended up in the army. He only placed value in wealth and the power and influence it bought him. His assignment here was a huge misunderstanding. He tried to tell that to the other soldiers but they weren’t letting him out of line. Although this was clearly the worst possible fate there were some upsides. Well just one. Geo. It was everywhere out here. He would go home with twice his wealth! LostNinja looked up from his Geo-reverie to see the largest deposit of Geo ever just off the path in the dark. Salivating, he ran towards the Geo shrieking with delight...

Spoit led a small platoon forward into the darkness. He shook his majestic horn and charged forward, leading by example. The light behind him suddenly vanished. He turned around and lowered his horn. No, the light wasn’t gone, just cut off. There were shapes moving against the darkness. Large luminous eyes opened all around him and his legs seem to be stuck to the floor.

Cythraul trailed behind the main unit busying himself with inventorying his medical supplies. He felt compelled to keep all bugs in tip-top shape. Perhaps the compulsion had something to do with getting out of this place as fast as possible and all in one piece. Was that a wounded creature ahead? There was *something* ahead of him, shining in the dark. It was beautiful… Was it getting bigger? Or closer or-

The Dead:
    Virgil_Leads_You - Bully
    Heffling - Emilita
    LostNinja - Gorgeous Dandy
    Spoit - Hornhead
    Cythraul - Medic

PMs are going out but feel free to play. Everyone voted! Makes my day! Good work all!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Dammit @38thDoe you absolutely ruined my post, that was posted at like the same damn second. :rotate:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    uh that's a lot of dead!

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    oooOOOooo

Day 1'd two games in a row!

OOOoooOOO

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    uh that's a lot of dead!

And importantly the "cause of death" is narration fluff. Can someone analyze what some of the less obvious deaths are from who knows the source?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    uh that's a lot of dead!

classic mafia post
    kime wrote: »
    uh that's a lot of dead!

And importantly the "cause of death" is narration fluff. Can someone analyze what some of the less obvious deaths are from who knows the source?

That definitely looks to be trying to say a lot for cause of death and the victim's role both, but I'm not familiar with the game.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Yeah my impression is that cause of death is essentially given, you just have to have played the game or know the lore.

Which... I have not and do not.

Steam profile
  • Options
    I mean cause of death yes, but also Emilita sounds like a mason special, and that isn't given to us in the results proper.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Look be happy I read part of your post at all. If you expect me to read the whole thing you are wildly optimistic

Steam profile
  • Options
    I haven't played the game other than a very short time, but here are my guesses.

Heffling - attacked by village. References insulting common soldier. Village on village crime.

Spoit - This one looks suspicious. Seems like it's hinting at a spider of sorts, so I'd lean not village (not sure SK or mafia). Given the two similar sounding shiny kills, I'd lean SK on this.

Lost and Cythraul - Both reference seeing something shiny. I'm not sure what that means game-wise, but given it's two similar kills, it sounds like maybe mafia.

So, overall that ends up by this hypothesis:
    1 vote kill
    1 village battle kill
    1 SK kill
    2 mafia kills.

This is all a big maybe here, obviously.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Who here is familiar enough with the game to help us piece together what happened last night?

• Options
    Look be happy I read part of your post at all. If you expect me to read the whole thing you are wildly optimistic

And yet you slap an agree on it...

Was one sentence too much?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Infidel wrote: »

And yet you slap an agree on it...

Was one sentence too much?

I agreed with the parts I read!

One long sentence is probably too much.

Steam profile
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I mean lostninja's cause of death is just wandering off to a big pile of geo; others are maybe more convincing to be tells for who killed them; slash marks, swarm of creatures, big creature?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Someone targeted me with a thing that, imo, practically confirms them as village. Whoever that was, lets work together please.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Who here is familiar enough with the game to help us piece together what happened last night?

The village kill was done by Hegemol, the Pale King's enforcer. He is huge, in huge armor, and carriers a huge mace

Emilita's role in the game is "Bug playing her own personal game of Survivor". The stuff with the soldier could be village on village crime like Austin suggested, but honestly, Emilita is just a very bad bug and it might all be flavor text

The darkness falling on Spoit, as well as the sticky floor, seems to suggest Deepnest, like Austin stated

Cythraul died to either Radiance or the Infection. Im hoping it's the first one, honestly

• Options
    Looking up Radiance and Infection, it seems like it's either Vig (Radiance) or Mafia (Infection).

Whichever it was, I would guess Lost is actually the other one.

So, instead of 2 mafia kills, it's one mafia, one vig.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Virgil - cause of death: too many thumbs up. Likely weapon: Democracy

Heffling - cause of death, slashing. Likely weapon: nail common weapon of standard soldiers (and main charecter in Hallow Knight). Current hypothesis: Likely multiple village attacked Heffling.

LostNinja - cause of death, unknown location of death geo field in darkened area. Geo is currency in beetle community. Hypothesis: killed quickly by an agent unknown. Of note: Gorgeous Dandies are richest of beetles so geo likely related to victim and not attacker.

Spoit - cause of death: unknown. sticky substance found on victims feet. reports of luminous eyes in darkness at same time. Hypothesis: spiders (Boss in game)

Cythraul - cause of death: unknown. Reports of shinning beautiful light in the darkness. Hypthoesis: Radiance (light boss in game)?
    Edit: Alternate theory: Nosk killed Cythraul and mafia is spider based.

Current Theory: Village comprised of Soldier cast (good at combat) and aristocracy (bad at combat) with specials mixed between the groups. Mafia based on bosses (2 kills). SK/Vig is assassin (1 kill).

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I appreciate these theory posts.

• Options
    Day 1 Results
    Virgil_Leads_You [6] - Bluecyan (11), discrider (14), Bedlam (18), JusticeforPluto (26), Auralynx (28), Cythraul (29)
    Cythraul [3] - jdarksun (3), Heffling (5), SeGaTai (24)
    premium [2] - Gizzy (6), Lucedes (20)
    ObiFett [2] - davidsdurions (13), LostNinja (17)
    Obbi [2] - Phyphor (19), Wildcat (25)
    Kime [2] - Infidel (1), H3Knuckles (22)
    Invictus [2] - JPants (8), Spoit(16)
    Infidel [2] - AutinP0027 (9), Kime (27)
    Wildcat [1] - Obbi (4)
    Spoit [1] - JaysonFour (23)
    LostNinja [1] - Invictus (21)
    Gizzy [1] - premium (7)
    discrider [1] - ObiFett (2)
    davidsdurions [1] - Virgil_Leads_You (10)
    Bluecyan [1] - mrpaku (15)

Did Note Vote: None

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yeah...
    Second place vote getter being whacked sounds like a vig kill to me.

• Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm buyin' into the 2 Maf Kills with 1 Vig/SK Kill theory.

If there is a path to building a network, then it should be worth pursuing. Or at least some form to figure out who the village should avoid beatin' up with their attacks.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Yeah...
    Second place vote getter being whacked sounds like a vig kill to me.

It's nice cause we don't really have to worry about if there were any shenanigans last night around that tie.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    You are all terrible people. Bugs. Bug-people.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »
    You are all terrible people. Bugs. Bug-people.

Heed the Wildcats words! Let not our momentary setback by the dark quell us! We must inspire terror to those skittering in the shadows. Much as those giants that stumble about the surface, whose every step quakes the land.

We must needs become terrible Bug-people!

• Options
    Ok, let's vote Invictus because Spoit is dead, and seems most likely to have been mafia'd for reasons after voting for Invictus.

• Options
    I didn't bother changing my vote 'cause the two Virgil votes after made it clear enough imo

Actually, since when does kime justify his actions.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    I didn't bother changing my vote 'cause the two Virgil votes after made it clear enough imo

Actually, since when does kime justify his actions.

Since I'm mafia!

Steam profile
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I already hate you all but also love you.

• Options
    jdark isn't trying to organize or theorize mechanics. Laying low like a mafia bug

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Jpants no real reason yet

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    I do like the jdark vote and the Invictus vote.

If I had to pick one... [/b]jdark.[/b]

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Fuck mobile posting, y’all know what I meant.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I was thinking SeGaTai's vote that briefly tied Cyth with Virgil was bad, but to be fair it was 5 1/2 hours before vote close. While causing a tie is risky for village, I feel like as long as it is done when there's a lot of time left it can be okay, since you can often learn useful things from how people break the tie. So now I'm not sure how to feel about that vote.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I want to put a vote on JaysonFour for picking a one off vote like 2 posts after a count was posted when there was a bunch of players with 2 or 3 votes already

• Options
    edited October 2020
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I was thinking SeGaTai's vote that briefly tied Cyth with Virgil was bad, but to be fair it was 5 1/2 hours before vote close. While causing a tie is risky for village, I feel like as long as it is done when there's a lot of time left it can be okay, since you can often learn useful things from how people break the tie. So now I'm not sure how to feel about that vote.

It's not the tie that makes me question that vote, but the elevation of a villager above a lot of two-ofs.
    Mafia like to push villagers to the front if there's a gaggle of villager and Mafia tied together.

But it looks like it was a grudge vote, so probably not the case in this instance.

discrider on
  • Options
    Yeah, after the vote record, I saw the same thing premium did. JaysonFour with the one off after it was clear where votes were feels like someone trying to hide in the pack and not vote for a soon to be dead villager