As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Did you get a shipping notification first or anything? HYPE.

Also, we need some way to contain ourselves while we excitedly post things like what we got out of the random boxes. I guess there's not enough of us that just letting people do it is a problem?

I didnt get anything. thats why i blew it off that a package was here today.

edit: i lied. i got an email at 3:53 yesterday that it shipped.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I just got a notification that I can reopen my pledge manager

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Did you get a shipping notification first or anything? HYPE.

Also, we need some way to contain ourselves while we excitedly post things like what we got out of the random boxes. I guess there's not enough of us that just letting people do it is a problem?

I...um...what?

If I think I'm reading right what you wrote: Muthafucka, we gotta RIP AND TEAR those boxes ASAP. And then start updating our trade workbook. I know my tastes have changed a bit as the previews have come out, and I need to do an audit of what I want to keep and what I want to trade.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I definitely won't finalize my trade list till I actually see stuff, both in my hands and in pictures of it in other folks' hands.

What is this I don't even.
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Dear Diary,

Today on the internet I stared longingly at a box full of boxes.

XOXO

iolo

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    oh, by the way. the elementals are adorable

kx3klFE.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

I plan to paint mine as both versions of footballs.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.

You are the worst kind of tease.

You and everyone else that's already gotten their stuff! I've yet to see a single picture on the official boards, despite several confirmed receipts.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Nips wrote: »

You and everyone else that's already gotten their stuff! I've yet to see a single picture on the official boards, despite several confirmed receipts.

have an urbie tease

XGXwPEF.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

have an urbie tease

XGXwPEF.jpg

I.

I...

*Faints*

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    And the elementals because im nice

iqhmD24.jpg

kx3klFE.png
    PUSH BACK THE CLANNER SCUM!

LImIxgs.jpg

kx3klFE.png
    the best part about waiting so long is i forgot most of what i ordered. its like christmas.

kx3klFE.png
    edited October 2020
    check your boxes when they come... while im not sad to have 3 archers, i am a bit bummed to only have 1 marauder
    blurry, stupid glare

HNJQJCI.jpg

edit: better

sDD8E69.jpg

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    @HydroSqueegee do you mind giving your general geography? Like, continent?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    check your boxes when they come... while im not sad to have 3 archers, i am a bit bummed to only have 1 marauder
    blurry, stupid glare

HNJQJCI.jpg

edit: better

sDD8E69.jpg

Oh wow, that's one hell of an oops.

CGL's gotta have a plan in place to fix mistakes like this.

Tox wrote: »
    @HydroSqueegee do you mind giving your general geography? Like, continent?

US, Ohio

we have about 8 billion warehouses around here too

kx3klFE.png
    Nobody wrote: »

Same. Anybody got confirmation of refund/credit showing up in there?

• see317see317 Registered User regular

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703636/battletech-clan-invasion/posts/2981734
    If you had any credit, it remains available.

see317 wrote: »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703636/battletech-clan-invasion/posts/2981734
    If you had any credit, it remains available.

Yeah no I saw that, that's why I asked. I haven't had a chance to go in and see so I'm wondering if anybody has confirmed they have credit,and/or folks have reported not having credit that they should have

Ah, okay. Sorry.
    I didn't have any credit, and I'm scared if I open that box of stompy bots to look around, I'll inevitably click on the expensive buttons to get a drop ship or a stuffed urbie or everything.

Wait, what are the new items?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Ah, okay. Sorry.
    I didn't have any credit, and I'm scared if I open that box of stompy bots to look around, I'll inevitably click on the expensive buttons to get a drop ship or a stuffed urbie or everything.

Wait, you didn't get a stuffed Urbie? You filthy clammer you.

I'm afraid of opening it up and ordering more Urbies after seeing Hydro's.

oosik_betsuni.png
    N E W I T EM S
    dyxbfagke0zo.jpg
    2kt3ha0zkuio.jpg
    8nyoienflx8w.jpg
    5e0l1exi9mrk.jpg

Also apparently the character credit is hit or miss because Catalyst continues to just not understand how desperately overwhelmed they are. So maybe they actually took care of you, maybe they didn't.

Me? I'm still fucked and seriously considering contacting my bank to dispute the charges because Catalyst has never even contacted me about this, despite me reaching out to them multiple times.

Also apparently the character credit is hit or miss because Catalyst continues to just not understand how desperately overwhelmed they are. So maybe they actually took care of you, maybe they didn't.

Me? I'm still fucked and seriously considering contacting my bank to dispute the charges because Catalyst has never even contacted me about this, despite me reaching out to them multiple times.

According to my read on the official boards, you're far and away not the only one. So, maybe there's still light in that tunnel.

ALSO AN IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING THE CAMPAIGN OPS OR STRATEGIC OPS REPRINTS:
    These two books are not straight reprints, as they're being heavily reorganized and restructured. They'll include all current erratta, but the understanding CGL has handed out is that the Strategic Ops book will contain only Advanced Aerospace rules. Anything not that has been moved over to Campaign Ops.

I know it says that in their descriptions, but I think it's super worth restating it so that it's very clearly understood.

edited October 2020

According to my read on the official boards, you're far and away not the only one.

Yeah and it's fucking insulting that they keep moving forward without fixing the issues they already know about. That's just project management 101.

The only reason not do that is because you plan to do cycles, and then after each cycle you stop and fix shit so it works next cycle.

And hey what's this we're in now? The start of the next cycle? And the same shit's still broke in the same way?

Like, I'm kinda hopped up and angry right now, but this is just really making me feel like I'm throwing money away on this.

Because, realtalk? I don't play, I don't paint, I don't have any friends that do either in any meaningful capacity. I'm probably not gonna even open most of the packs, just look at them, then tuck them back in the shipping boxes and toss them up on a shelf in my closet. I spent to support the hobby, the game, and the company. And the company is making it pretty clear to me they didn't want my support.

Tox on

According to my read on the official boards, you're far and away not the only one. So, maybe there's still light in that tunnel.

ALSO AN IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING THE CAMPAIGN OPS OR STRATEGIC OPS REPRINTS:
    These two books are not straight reprints, as they're being heavily reorganized and restructured. They'll include all current erratta, but the understanding CGL has handed out is that the Strategic Ops book will contain only Advanced Aerospace rules. Anything not that has been moved over to Campaign Ops.

I know it says that in their descriptions, but I think it's super worth restating it so that it's very clearly understood.

ughhhhhhhhh.... i picked up the older campaign ops over the summer. think its worth getting the new reprint?

kx3klFE.png
    edited October 2020
    It's hard to say without having either in hand. I will say I am now very interested in grabbing Campaign Ops (despite the ugly-ass "vintage" cover). I guess it depends on whether you already have StratOps, or whether you care about any of the rules that got moved over.

I also need to pick up Tactical Ops, but CGL split it into two books with the last revision so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Nips on
    It's hard to say without having either in hand. I will say I am now very interested in grabbing Campaign Ops (despite the ugly-ass "vintage" cover). I guess it depends on whether you already have StratOps, or whether you care about any of the rules that got moved over.

I also need to pick up Tactical Ops, but CGL split it into two books with the last revision so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Don't you DARE besmirch the best art ever made for the original battleforce box

kx3klFE.png

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

its one of the few pieces of art that looks real and to scale with what real world mechs could be like

kx3klFE.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Y'all have me refreshing my e-mail like mad waiting for a shipping notification.

What is this I don't even.
    Y'all have me refreshing my e-mail like mad waiting for a shipping notification.

I keep opening the FedEx app...

It's a disappointing and not healthy growing habit.

edited October 2020
    Somehow accounting found room for another couple companies of mechs... frack

on the plus side, i have finally fulfilled my dream of commanding an entire regiment of mechs

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ah, okay. Sorry.

When they offer a plush Urbie IIc, give me a call.

Betsuni wrote: »
    Ah, okay. Sorry.

When they offer a plush Urbie IIc, give me a call.

Will do.

I forgot there was an Urbie IIc.

oosik_betsuni.png
    So I took a credit rather than have a canon character created. A while back I got the email with the credit on Catalyst's store.

Am I reading their update right that the credit would be waiting for me if I redid my Wave 2 items? I am very apprehensive about tinkering w/ that Wave 2 order. I really just want to let it ride. But if that credit is there I might get over this apprehension and do it because I would much rather spend that credit on Wave 2 stuff than on anything that's in the Catalyst store at the moment.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Iolo wrote: »
    So I took a credit rather than have a canon character created. A while back I got the email with the credit on Catalyst's store.

Am I reading their update right that the credit would be waiting for me if I redid my Wave 2 items? I am very apprehensive about tinkering w/ that Wave 2 order. I really just want to let it ride. But if that credit is there I might get over this apprehension and do it because I would much rather spend that credit on Wave 2 stuff than on anything that's in the Catalyst store at the moment.

It should be there. And if it isn't, then it should be there by, like, Monday. And if it isn't, then you can contact them through their webstore to complain.

Thanks Tox.

I'm sorry about your situation. That fucking sucks. I hope they get it sorted for you.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.