As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium - Game 6: Round 9 - Game Over!

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I obviously haven't quite woken myself up yet, after forgetting to post an update yesterday. The Stage I counterpart of that objective has been drawn instead:
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Discard Assassinate Representative and Upgrade.

edited December 2020
    Round 5: Start of Strategy Phase

At the start of the Agenda Phase, Jol-Nar plays Action Card "Ancient Burial Sites", exhausting all of Sol's Cultural Planets. (AC 7 --> 6)
    First Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn, "Anti-Intellectual Revolution".
    Jol-Nar plays Action Card "Veto", causing the agenda to be discarded and a new one drawn, "Executive Sanctions". (AC 6 --> 5)
    Nekro uses racial ability Galactic Threat, predicting an outcome of Against.
    Nekro plays Action Card "Diplomacy Rider", predicting an outcome of Against. (AC 3 --> 2)
    Sol plays Action Card "Trade Rider", predicting an outcome of Against. (AC 7 --> 6)
    Jol-Nar performs a transaction, giving 1 Trade Good to Winnu. (Jol-Nar TG 6 --> 5; Winnu TG 7 --> 8)
    Vote Results: 6 Votes FOR (Naalu)
    The Action Card hand limit is reduced to three.
    Sol discards "Lost Star Chart", "Distinguished Councilor", and "Courageous to the End". (AC 6 --> 3)
    Naalu discards "Emergency Repairs", "Direct Hit", and "Infiltrate". (AC 6 --> 3)
    Winnu discards "Skilled Retreat", "Sabotage", "Fighter Prototype", and "Parley". (AC 7 --> 3)
    Jol-Nar discards "Direct Hit" and "Morale Boost". (AC 5 --> 3)
    Creuss discards "Cripple Defenses" and "Maneuvering Jets". (AC 5 --> 3)
    Second Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn, "Incentive Program".
    Jol-Nar plays Action Card "Politics Rider", predicting an outcome of For. (AC 3 --> 2)
    Jol-Nar performs a transaction, giving their racial promissory note "Research Agreement" to Winnu in exchange for their "Political Secret" promissory note.
    Winnu performs a transaction, giving their "Support for the Throne" promissory note to Naalu in exchange for their "Support for the Throne" promissory note. (Jol-Nar VP 2 --> 3, Naalu VP 2 --> 3)
    Vote Results: 27 Votes FOR (Sol, Winnu)
    A Stage I objective is added to the objective line: Lead From the Front.
    Jol-Nar's Political Rider triggers, they claim the Speaker Token and draw 3 Action Cards. (AC 2 --> 5)
    Jol-Nar discards Action Cards "Assassinate Representative" and "Upgrade" to comply with hand limits. (AC 5 --> 3)

Current Map: Round 5, Start of Strategy Phase

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    Federation of Sol: 5 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 3 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 2 VP
    The Winnu: 2 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 VP
    Nekro Virus: 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.: Sol, Jol-Nar, Winnu, Naalu
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Naalu, Creuss
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: Jol-Nar
    Found Research Outposts (1 VP): Control 3 planets that have technology specialties.
    Unify the Colonies (2 VP): Control 6 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    4 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Winnu: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Nekro Virus: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 0 Secret Objectives in hand, 1 claimed:
    Fuel the War Machine (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have 3 Space Docks on the game board.
    The Naalu Collective: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Sol in Round 2.
    Seed of an Empire (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 2.
    Imperial Primary (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 3.
    Winnu Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Naalu (Round 4).
    Naalu Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Winnu (Round 4).

The Winnu (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 8
    Action Cards: 3

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Naalu Ceasefire, Jol-Nar Research Agreement, Naalu Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, PDS II

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 5

Tactic Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Creuss Ceasefire, Winnu Political Secret (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, X-89 Bacterial Weapon, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Dreadnought II, Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Jol (1R, 2I)
    R - Nar (2R, 3I)
    R - Jord (4R, 2I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: J.N.S. Hylarim: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When making a combat roll for this ship, each (pre-modified) roll of 9 or 10 produces 2 additional hits.
    - Racial Technology: Spacial Conduit Cylinder (Blue, requires 2 Blue): You may exhaust this card after you activate a system that contains 1 or more of your units; that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain 1 or more of your units during this activation.
    - Racial Technology: E-Res Siphons (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, gain 4 Trade Goods.
    - Fragile: Apply -1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Brilliant: When you spend a command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy card, you may resolve the primary ability instead.
    - Analytical: When you research a technology that is not a unit upgrade technology, you may ignore 1 prerequisite.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Research Agreement: After the Jol-Nar researches a technology that is not a faction technology: Gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-Nar player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring, Dimensional Splicer, PDS II

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Nekro Virus (Phyphor)
    Action Cards: 2

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 5

Promissory Notes: Naalu Trade Agreement (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Antivirus)
    Technology: Dacxive Animators, Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools, Advanced Carrier II via Valefar Assimilator X (Valefor Assimilator Y), Dreadnought II

Worlds:
    R - Mordai II (4R, 0I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: The Alastor: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. At the start of a Space Combat, choose any number of your ground forces in this system to participate in that combat as if they were ships.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator X (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator Y (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Galactic Threat: You cannot vote on Agendas. Once per Agenda Phase, after an Agenda is revealed, you may predict aloud the outcome of that Agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 technology that is owned by a player who voted how you predicted.
    - Technological Singularity: Once per combat, after 1 of your opponent's units is destroyed, you may gain 1 technology that is owned by that player.
    - Propagation: You cannot research technology. When you would research a technology, gain 3 command tokens instead.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Antivirus: At the start of a combat: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Nekro player cannot use his "Technological Singularity" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Nekro player's units, return this card to the Nekro player.

Federation of Sol (MrBody)
    Trade Goods: 3

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Advanced Carrier II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Advanced Carrier (Carrier): As Carrier, but Carry Capacity 6.
    - Racial Unit: Spec Ops (Infantry): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7.
    - Flagship: Genesis: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 12. Sustain Damage. At the end of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements in this system's space area.
    - Racial Technology: Spec Ops II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 6. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Racial Technology: Advanced Carrier II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue): As Carrier, but Movement 2, Capacity 8. Sustain Damage.
    - Orbital Drop: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on 1 planet you control.
    - Versatile: When you gain command tokens during the Status Phase, gain 1 additional command token.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Military Support: At the start of the Sol player's turn: Remove 1 token from the Sol player's Strategy pool, if able, and return it to his reinforcements. Then, you may place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. Then, return this card to the Sol player.

The Naalu Collective (38thDoe)
    Trade Goods: 4

Tactic Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: Winnu Ceasefire, Jol-Nar Support for the Throne (Political Secret, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Light/Wave Deflector, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II, Carrier II, Infantry II

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. When combat ends, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

Ongoing Game Effects
    Minister of Commerce - Held by Naalu. When Naalu replenishes commodities, they gain 1 Trade Good for each other player that is their neighbor.
    Minister of War - Held by Naalu. After performing an action, Naalu may discard this card to remove 1 of their command tokens from the game board and return it to their reinforcements; then, they may perform 1 additional action.
    Executive Sanctions - Each player can have a maximum of 3 action cards in hand.

Order of Play
    Universities of Jol-Nar (@Ketar)
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor)
    Federation of Sol (MrBody)
    The Naalu Collective (38thDoe)
    The Winnu (discrider)

There are 2 Trade Goods on the (4) Construction Strategy Card and 1 Trade Good on the (8) Imperial Strategy Card; the player that selects one of these cards immediately claims the attached Trade Goods.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    ubwa75cgqcaz.jpg

@MrBlarney it looks like you made the Support for the Throne swap happen between Naalu and Jol-Nar. It should be between Naalu and Winnu.

Leadership

@A Half Eaten Oreo

@A Half Eaten Oreo to select a Strategy Card.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Tech
    @Phyphor

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    What?
    Thought for sure you were taking Trade

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Warfare
    @MrBody

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Imperial

@38thDoe

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Does imperial give victory points without your home world I forget

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

Yes, but you can't also complete an objective

@38thDoe , I'm going to be getting rid of the AC limit next round for what it's worth.

Oh nice to know, now I can allocate for a politics secondary

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @discrider

Trade

38thDoE on steam

Well now I have to think about it :/

Politics
    @38thDoe for first action.

Meh maneuvering for better position probably costs me more than it gains me.
    Open call to get your trade goods refreshed now by trading me a trade good.
    @discrider @MrBody @A Half Eaten Oreo @Ketar @Phyphor

38thDoE on steam

Offer 1 TG for a refresh.

edited October 2020
    I just remembered an important conditional order I forgot to play at the start of the Strategy Phase. Nekro plays the following card from their hand:

Summit
    At the start of the strategy phase: Gain 2 command tokens.

All other players to play or pass on Sabotage before we move on from the Strategy Phase.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    And I should re-ping everyone since I made a major rework of that post: @MrBody, @38thDoe, @discrider, @Ketar, @A Half Eaten Oreo

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Pass

38thDoE on steam

All players have passed; @Phyphor has 2 command counters to allocate.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Let's go with 2/5/2

@38thDoe to begin

I will offer a commodity for a refresh, but alternatively for a free refresh I will offer to not use your trade agreement this turn

I keep forgetting you have that. That works for me.

38thDoE on steam

Round 5: Start of Action Phase

At the start of the Strategy Phase, Nekro plays Action Card "Summit" (AC 2 --> 1), allocating 1 command counter to each of Tactic Pool and Strategy Pool. (TP 1 --> 2, SP 1 --> 2)
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Select the (1) Leadership Strategy Card.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Select the (7) Technology Strategy Card.
    Nekro Virus: Select the (6) Warfare Strategy Card.
    Federation of Sol: Select the (8) Imperial Strategy Card, gaining 1 Trade Good. (TG 3 --> 4)
    The Naalu Collective: Select the (5) Trade Strategy Card.
    The Winnu: Select the (3) Politics Strategy Card.
    Trade Goods are placed on the unselected (2) Diplomacy and (4) Construction Strategy Cards.
    Naalu uses racial ability Telepathy to change their initiative value to 0.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (38thDoe) - (0) Trade Current Player
    Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar) - (1) Leadership
    The Winnu (discrider) - (3) Politics
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor) - (6) Warfare
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (7) Technology
    Federation of Sol (MrBody) - (8) Imperial

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    1 TG for a refresh.

I do the thing too

Activate Trade
    Refresh commodities for Nekro for free.
    Refresh commodities for Sol, Jol-Nar, Winnu, Creuss for 1 TG each.

@Ketar for next move.

38thDoE on steam

edited October 2020
    @A Half Eaten Oreo Trade commodities 4:4?

Ketar on
    Knew I was forgetting something. I also have commodities to trade.

38thDoE on steam

@38thDoe How about I trade my 4 for your 3 and we pay the 1 tg for the refresh that way?

Agree to trade above with Jol-Nar.

38thDoE on steam

Trade 4 commodities for 3 of Naalu's and pay for the refresh that way.

So, I should end up with 8 TG and 0 commodities in the end, I believe. Sorry if this was messy, MrBlarney.

Activate Saudor. Move in dread and infantry from Jord. Attack!

2/4/1

@MrBody for any response

edited October 2020
    Propose 3:3 trade of commodities with Naalu and 1TG @38thDoe ignoring faff above
    Scratch this.
    Thought my two neighbours were trading commodities while I was asleep.

discrider on
    Oh wait
    I'm neighbours with Creuss
    Propose 3+1TG:4 trade at the earliest convenience @A Half Eaten Oreo
    And give the 1 TG to naalu

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Oh wait
    I'm neighbours with Creuss
    Propose 3+1TG:4 trade at the earliest convenience @A Half Eaten Oreo
    And give the 1 TG to naalu

Sure

@Ketar, @38thDoe: Since Jol-Nar moved out of Tar'mann, Naalu and Jol-Nar are no longer neighbors. Any transaction plan between you two is null. I'm going to need confirmation on whether or not Jol-Nar gets their commodity refresh from the primary, or if that needs to be done via the secondary.

4463rwiq7r47.png