As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    soo neo military clothing with a teal blue glowing hello kitty tattoo plastered across my forehead!

You jest but honestly there is probably someone that would totally do that.

yeah ME!
    I'ma steal everyone's augs and sell em!

I mean technically that proves me right !

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    soo neo military clothing with a teal blue glowing hello kitty tattoo plastered across my forehead!

You jest but honestly there is probably someone that would totally do that.

yeah ME!
    I'ma steal everyone's augs and sell em!

tumblr_mvitarzCXF1r79skuo1_250.gif

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I want to steal people's augs and wear em, actually.

Let me kill cyber psychos and implant those sweet spoils as I slowly go mad.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Lemme chop em off with my katana.

I wonder how blooddrenched sword mad crazy boi I can play.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

There's no cyberpsychosis for the player character. They're kind of narrowing the focus here. You also can't go on willy nilly civilian murder sprees, from what I'm hearing. Apparently there's a response to your actions like the GTA star levels but more strict.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Do contracts for malestrom? They seem like they would be the appropriate quest givers for that stuff

• Options
    edited October 2020

There's no cyberpsychosis for the player character. They're kind of narrowing the focus here.
    Yeah, its a shame. Having too much chrome resulting in unlocking cyber psycho related dialog choices and decisions along with maybe a new ending would have been great.
    Do contracts for malestrom? They seem like they would be the appropriate quest givers for that stuff
    Definitely my favorite gang from what we've seen so far, for sure.

Though I think my interest in augmentation (particularly the first playthrough) would be closer to the Animals with a heavy focus on body modifications to turn myself into a metal Incredible Hulk with a giant sledgehammer and mantis blades. Don't think V will be able to get that jacked up but I can dream.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    That NEOKITSCH preview looked amazing, sexy and terrifying all at the same time.

. . .that Rides of the Dark Future video though is what has got me moist: there's no way they would be invest this into a world that couldn't accommodate it.

One niggler, and maybe this is established in the books - but I hope the joking doesn't rise to GTA levels and stays grounded like in The Witcher 3.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I already knew back when they showed it that Neokitsch is my style and that hasn't changed.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

There's no cyberpsychosis for the player character. They're kind of narrowing the focus here.
    Yeah, its a shame. Having too much chrome resulting in unlocking cyber psycho related dialog choices and decisions along with maybe a new ending would have been great.

There could always be a cyberpsychosis storyline in the DLC. I think it would be effectively another entire story campaign, which is probably why they nixed it.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Incidentally when I talked about being a blood drenched crazy boi I wasn't talking about the player character....

I got my loadout all planned out.

1. Punching
    2. Katanaing
    3. Rocket launcher arm
    4. Smart small sidearm in case I cant reach an enemy.

Everything else I'm gonna wing it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I hope you see a horse just standing on top of a high rise just once.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I just hope you can Kick Punch and then Punch Kick in this game!!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I hope you see a horse just standing on top of a high rise just once.

On a building with a big logo.

"Roach Enterprises"

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    ED! wrote: »
    That's not bad actually..

For game development?! It can't be that low. Unless the cost of living in Poland is a lot less than the US.

EDIT: Google says polish CoL is VERY much lower than the US. Wow. I wonder how polish food is.

Fuckin' delicious

Wife's side is Polish and do Easter meals with both cold and hot sausages, fresh horseradish and sauerkraut and more.

Not sure how much is traditional but it's all so good.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Man, its going to be hard choosing between gorilla arms and mantis blades.

I'm not going stealth and I love using brute force to rip things open but those damn mantis blades..

so cool.

• Options
    Blades gonna be my second playthrough.

Gonna be all Deus Ex stealth and hax and blade arms.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

I'm not going stealth and I love using brute force to rip things open but those damn mantis blades..

so cool.

I'm going to have to try and not make a stealth characters. . .it is what I usually go to in games like this when it is an option. Hopefully there is a "magic" equivalent in this game along with the melee and stealthy options.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    everyone just rolls stealth archer shooter

• Options
    This is why I'm going rockit arm. Point your arm and things explode. Sounds like a fireball to me!

• Options
    I better be able to have gorilla and rockit at the same time or I'm gonna have an existential crisis.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I better be able to have gorilla and rockit at the same time or I'm gonna have an expansion crisis.

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Holding off on my pre order based on the multi year crunch rumor. Before I solidify it as fact, I’d like more than just one disgruntled Reddit post. If it’s widespread, I’d imagine there are many more Devs that will come forward.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    Holding off on my pre order based on the multi year crunch rumor. Before I solidify it as fact, I’d like more than just one disgruntled Reddit post. If it’s widespread, I’d imagine there are many more Devs that will come forward.

Jason Schreier has documented far more than one reddit post. At this point, there is more than enough information to call it credible.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Yeah it's all but assured that CDPR is the typical game dev white collar sweatshop.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they are probably going through similar turmoil as the EU offices of Ubisoft are at the moment, for example, but hopefully without the additional toxicity that apparently infects the corporate structure there.

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular

Jason Schreier has documented far more than one reddit post. At this point, there is more than enough information to call it credible.

I must have missed those, can you link me?

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

For game development?! It can't be that low. Unless the cost of living in Poland is a lot less than the US.

EDIT: Google says polish CoL is VERY much lower than the US. Wow. I wonder how polish food is.

Fuckin' delicious

Wife's side is Polish and do Easter meals with both cold and hot sausages, fresh horseradish and sauerkraut and more.

Did... did you just lime something?

*checks calendar*

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

Fuckin' delicious

[ObiWan] A lime? Now that's a color I've not seen in a very long time... [/ObiWan]

All of this crunch talk has taken me from a "must buy this day one, maybe I'll even pre-order" to "... maybe I'll give it a week or so to see if it sucks". For the mostly selfish reason that if they really did only start development in earnest last year and have been crunching the whole time there's no way on earth that this is going to be a smooth release. I generally only pre-order these days if the developer is a known quantity.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

Fuckin' delicious

*checks calendar*

Why did liming for truth stop? I remember it used to happen a lot, and then it just sort of stopped.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »

Fuckin' delicious

*checks calendar*

Why did liming for truth stop? I remember it used to happen a lot, and then it just sort of stopped.

I think it had something to do with a change in the layout of the forums. At one point it had a lighter background with no option to go back to the blue background and liming things in that environment basically made the text unreadable.

At least that's what I vaguely remember, it's been a while.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I was already expecting Cyberpunk to be one of those incredibly high hype + limited gameplay knowledge games that was beat served waiting a month to play (see: Death Stranding, Kingdom Hearts 3), so I have no issue waiting or not buying this game.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    I better be able to have gorilla and rockit at the same time or I'm gonna have an existential crisis.
    Sadly, I believe you can only have one arm aug at a time.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    I keep reading "Cyberpunk" in my head in Carol Kane's voice.

"Why'd you buy that game? You promised me you'd never buy that game!"
    "What, Cybahpunk? Cybahpunk! Cybahpunk! Cybahpunk!"

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

so cool.

Gorilla arms just so I can use BORG handguns.

That's just the coolest thing to me. Handguns so strong you need upgraded arms to handle?

Hell yes.

• Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular

so cool.

That's just the coolest thing to me. Handguns so strong you need upgraded arms to handle?

Hell yes.

I did not know this was a thing. Now that I know this is a thing, how can I choose otherwise?

Interest intensifying.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »

Fuckin' delicious

*checks calendar*

When Agrees came in, probably

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Massena wrote: »

so cool.

Hell yes.

I did not know this was a thing. Now that I know this is a thing, how can I choose otherwise?

Interest intensifying.

Yea it's not just handguns. There are multiple Borg type weapons that require physical upgrades to be able to fire without getting knocked down. I just love the idea of crazy strong handguns. So I will do everything I can to have the strongest hand gun.

That NEOKITSCH preview looked amazing, sexy and terrifying all at the same time.

. . .that Rides of the Dark Future video though is what has got me moist: there's no way they would be invest this into a world that couldn't accommodate it.

One niggler, and maybe this is established in the books - but I hope the joking doesn't rise to GTA levels and stays grounded like in The Witcher 3.

The joking in the World book is mostly on personal level/in the ads. The actual wriitng about the world was all taken seriously. So I imagine it would be the same since the book is written by the same people.

People are still cracking jokes(as they should be) but the world and the issues it has are taken seriously.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    One big gorilla arm so I can cosplay Hellboy.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I must have missed those, can you link me?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-29/cyberpunk-2077-publisher-orders-6-day-weeks-ahead-of-game-debut

And tons of follow up on his Twitter after CDPR stans continue to accuse him of being some kind of shill.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
This discussion has been closed.