As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    There is a twitter thread of dev insights for the new patch. Obviously twitter is a terrible medium for stuff like this, but I'll take what I can get.

Nothing surprising in there, mostly thoughts people in this thread have also expressed. They want to add more pirates down the road, though, that is new info. I get the feeling that the buffed heroes were just easy to buff without doing much work so they did them.
    The most useful information is finding out that the Mukla buff only has about a 20% proc rate, which means he will still be total shit. Bleh.

It's 1 in 5 but rolls individually for both Bananas.

Still not that great, yeah. But eh? I'll take it regardless.

I just wanna go to the Banana Republic, mannnn

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    1 mana for +1.4/1.4 stats over your opponents in the long run is... not above average.

• Options
    Brawl is an updated Boss brawl where one or two are much better than all the others and some are complete garbage so things get stale nice and quick. Fun times.

• Options
    The Battlegrounds meta is STUPIDLY fast and aggressive now. Boards that previously I would've considered easy Top 4 boards no longer cut it.

And then, on the flip side, we have games like this:

OyqcLlr.png

Where this was a 1st place board vs the 2nd place board.

I guess Triple Rivendare/Selfless with Double Macaw is pretty fucking strong? It was just some rushdown midrange aggression build but it fucking SLAMMED everyone before they could even get scaling.

That game was over fast. I was HONESTLY surprised that I was winning with this dumb cobbled together bullshit.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Guys I did it! All lucky 7's! 497,728 damage incoming

(In case you missed the ff7 reference):
    https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/All_Lucky_7s

fw9ddafmv1hj.png

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    1 mana for +1.4/1.4 stats over your opponents in the long run is... not above average.
    Towards the beginning it is pretty great especially with divine shield minions. Normally righteous protector is a trash pick, but with banana republic it can carry in the beginning.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Wait is Cora a blizzard dev now?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    "Former Hearthstone Commentator, Current Hearthstone Associate Game Designer"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The patch is live! Just about to start my final stream of the week, so I'm here to be the new patch guinea pig. Just me today, Dibby is busy so I'd appreciate any company, even if all you have time for is a quick hello :)

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    "Former Hearthstone Commentator, Current Hearthstone Associate Game Designer"

That makes me so happy! I really loved her as a caster, and it makes me happy to see more women as designers too :D Now, if I can get enough follows on my stream to get Blizzard's attention so I can be a battlegrounds caster... means I'm gonna have to get better than 8k haha

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Gentle Djinni really highlights how crappy Nat Pagle is.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Game is still super explosive and swingy. Felt like I was crushing it as new rag. Got the hero power early. Both divine shield minions being buffed. A light fang buffing things. Decent size minions. 8th place.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Took Soul DH out of the garage for tonight's questing again and was forced straight into the ravine with 3 turn 1, zero agency losses.

Hearthstone is the Whose Line is it Anyway? of video games.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Grand total number of times I was offered the chance to play as Rag or Jandice before the nerfs: Zero.

I think I'm done with this game. Like, seriously. I realized I enjoy watching other people play way more than I like playing myself, and I can always do that whenever I want for free. The daily (ok, more like once every two to three days lately) grind stopped being fun a long time ago, and battlegrounds was neat for a while, but I think I'm at the point where I've had all the real fun I'm ever going to get out of the game. With the time this frees up I'm going to work on some personal projects that have been on the back burner for way too long and I'll start working through my Steam backlog more earnestly.

Notable things I did in Hearthstone, off the top of my head:
    -Got to play the original Malygos Warlock deck (one of my favorite decks ever)
    -Got to play patron Warrior before the Warsong Commander nerf
    -Pulled off some OTK's with wild DK secret paladin (it uses Thaurissan and Beardo, in case you're wondering. I'm sure the deck is too slow now, but it was neat while it was viable.)
    -Made it to dad legend with a homebrew wild pirate rogue deck right after Patches came out, way before pirate rogue was a thing. It was a little worse than pirate warrior, but it caught a lot of people off guard.
    -Made it to legend (after it was made easier to do...still counts!)
    -Did an epic late game transition in one of the earliest versions of battlegrounds when it was down to me (1 health) and one other guy (40 health) and beat him over and over again to win the lobby
    -Acquired a copy of every classic card

Things I never did in Hearthstone:
    -Open a second copy of Brawl
    -Pay any money

Marty81 on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Evocation to 2 mana and Solarian Prime to 9 mana from next week

Both pretty fair changes

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    We're going to the Darkmoon Faire!

https://youtu.be/tLBnyXVsmzY

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    But an old gold infested faire?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Possibly.

The eye is their symbol in WoW, but they're a shady semi-occult bunch of carnies and being involved in Old Gods stuff under the table would be unsurprising.

f2w8X00.jpg?1

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm really glad they went back to doing something unique each expac instead of pulling a Year of the Dragon and having one giant overarching story that spanned all three expacs.

Cause that got old real fast. It felt like the same damn story and setting each time.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Let’s be honest, it also wasn’t a very interesting story.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Possibly.

The eye is their symbol in WoW, but they're a shady semi-occult bunch of carnies and being involved in Old Gods stuff under the table would be unsurprising.

f2w8X00.jpg?1
    They need to invest in some eye drops for their old god.

• Options
    Old Gods is probably still my favorite set so the prospect of bringing them back is pretty exciting.

• Options
    Let’s be honest, it also wasn’t a very interesting story.

My favorite thing about Hearthstone is when they go full goofy and non-serious. That's always when they're at their best.

Scholomance as a happy-go-lucky Totally Normal magic academy? Fuck yeah let's go.

League of Explorers vs League of EVIL and Dragons and shit I guess whatever zzzzzzz i sleep

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    As a proud owner of a “The Insane” title I’m disappointed in myself for not knowing that the eye was their symbol.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    But an old gold infested faire?
    It could be haunted.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwqXi0Py-m4

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Things I never did in Hearthstone:
    -Open a second copy of Brawl
    I shall continue on your legacy.

• Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    As a proud owner of a “The Insane” title I’m disappointed in myself for not knowing that the eye was their symbol.
    206.jpg

• Options
    Apparently the announcement on the 22nd also includes a 'new game mode' and a 'system revamp'. The latter is probably the battle pass they mentioned earlier this year.

• Options
    Been getting a BUNCH of 4th/3rd place games today, which has finally pushed me up to about 7.4k MMR!

I think I've been getting a lot better at recognizing when I am in a losing position and simply making informed decisions to shore up weaker parts of my board and aim to simply survive, even if that means grabbing stuff that doesn't necessarily go with what I'm going for.

Even just replacing like a 4/6 or something with a Highmane can be huge in and of itself. I've definitely been leaning towards just grabbing Good Minions when I see them and not trying to be ultragreed about pairs or hunting for triples. Even letting go of pairs when they've outlived their usefulness because they're holding your board back.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Those mage nerfs can't come soon enough.

• Options
    Mmmmm. I definitely hope that they put in the variable health thing and the damage scaling flattening they talked about. Games are so, so fast, and it sucks to have finally stabilized with a powerspike only to get whomped by someone who highrolled super hard.

I'd like to try that out, at least.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    They need to fix genie.

• Options
    sanstodo wrote: »
    They need to fix genie.

Garr should've been the one to move to 5, not Djinni, I think.

Even without the bug giving 6 drops, that card is fucking nuts at 5. The highroll potential doesn't help, sure, but.

Hmmmmmmmmm

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Hmm, came back and played some BG.. Elementals are still really dumb.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    Fuck this execrable game.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I'm really not enjoying Battlegrounds right now. You either rush to rank 4 and get lucky with genie or Nomi, or you just have to hope that no one else does because if they did you're done.

• Options
    Is Djinni bugged? Suspect they just overlooked it because it was specifically Pagle and the murloc that were changed to tavern tier or below. Zerus and sneeds for example can still pull 6s.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Typical no text hearthstone. Surely the card text should say that then.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    If Djinni is going to stay at T5, not only do they need to fix the bug, they should legit change the card text so that it can only give T5 and below Elementals.

Once the bug fix goes in, it'll be better, sure, but then all you have to do is tier up to 6 and you start getting a chance of getting Rags and Amalgadon.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png