As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Conquest of Deepnest - Host Notes Up

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Didn't do a very good job then, voting for the soon to be dead villager.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yeah the logic only works if the spider kill is SK. If we assume that's mafia, then it'd be a terrible mafia play so would likely mean a villager

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Gosh I wanted to vote before going to bed but the current votes are throwing me off.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Looking over the vote list I am sus of people avoided wagons once the main two had been decided.

My vote pushes virgil into the lead and Segatais vote ties the lead. After that I feel anyone not voting to push or save the top spots is just throwing their vote away.

Kime would be my main sus but they were revenge voting after infidel voted first. So theres at least some logic there.

Lucedes, Wildcat, and H3Knuckles all voted sort of near each other and for someone who already had a vote.

Justiceforpluto broke a tie so they get minus sus points. (-SP)

JaysonFour and Invictus votes both seem way out of place on the timeline. They both voted avoided any wagon and they both voted for people who didnt have votes and both of the people they voted for died village. I think at least one of these two is a baddie.

My guts say go with JaysonFour for now.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    discrider wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I was thinking SeGaTai's vote that briefly tied Cyth with Virgil was bad, but to be fair it was 5 1/2 hours before vote close. While causing a tie is risky for village, I feel like as long as it is done when there's a lot of time left it can be okay, since you can often learn useful things from how people break the tie. So now I'm not sure how to feel about that vote.

It's not the tie that makes me question that vote, but the elevation of a villager above a lot of two-ofs.
    Mafia like to push villagers to the front if there's a gaggle of villager and Mafia tied together.

But it looks like it was a grudge vote, so probably not the case in this instance.

A grudge vote is excellent cover for a mafia though

Day 1 vote are generally useless though

Phyphor on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    OOOOooooOOOOoooOOo
    Guess I'll take a break! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEmqJBcQ2lg
    OOOOooooOOOOoooOOo

VayBJ4e.png
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    No, I voted for someone at random because I didn’t have any grudges, and three votes out of nowhere on someone on something as flimsy as “but but the guy he voted for died, so they must be a mafia” is kind of a weak reason for the sudden bandwagon, isn’t it? Unless it’s an innocent question with at least one mafia trying to hide in the bandwagon...

...and I know the three guys who are voting for me are better players than ‘let’s just bandwagon some rando and hope we hit paydirt’. So if this doesn’t stop, and when I die green, look to one of the people bandwagoning me because you’ll find mafia.

Bedlam for self preservation.

I’m not the bug you’re looking for, really.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    But you are a bug?

;)

Look, you know how much I’ve played Hollow Knight? None. I’m just going on what I get from the narration and reading all of your guys’ posts.

So let’s stop trying to catch me in stupid word games and actually look for someone suspicious than trying to bandwagons little old me, yeah?

steam_sig.png
    lol

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Look, you know how much I’ve played Hollow Knight? None. I’m just going on what I get from the narration and reading all of your guys’ posts.

So let’s stop trying to catch me in stupid word games and actually look for someone suspicious than trying to bandwagons little old me, yeah?

I didn't vote for you and it was purely a joke. Hence the winking face at the end.

That last sentence was funny to me in that it implies you are a bug, just not the one we're looking for. I made me laugh, thought I'd share.

This reaction gets a pass for now, but just know that being this defensive about innocuous stuff like that is a great way to actually seem mafia.

Being that defensive on day 2 is Sus As Heck (SaH)

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yeah the logic only works if the spider kill is SK. If we assume that's mafia, then it'd be a terrible mafia play so would likely mean a villager

I'm not following you on this one.

OrokosPA.png
    Fine. Maybe I was a little defensive, but let’s see how you react checking on the phalla and finding a bandwagon right on you from out of nowhere...

It’s just kind of jarring, you know? But just... hear me out: I’m usually a favorite to poke when the mafia needs to buy another day because of exactly this reason.

I’m village. Just... trust me.

steam_sig.png
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    It's not out of know where. Can you explain why you decided to vote Spoit when it was a really close race between multiple wagons? Not trying to dog pile ya, it just seems really off.

Because I honestly was doing what I do every Day 1- voting someone random because I don’t have any grudges. Besides, another Day 1 kime vote didn’t really strike me as a good idea, so I just voted someone at random, and Spoit came up.

Was it sus? I suppose so, but why read so much into a Day 1 vote?

steam_sig.png
    Like, J4s reaction is sus as all get out, but I don't think the Mafia votes their Mafia target out.
    Assuming spiders are the Mafia.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Because I honestly was doing what I do every Day 1- voting someone random because I don’t have any grudges. Besides, another Day 1 kime vote didn’t really strike me as a good idea, so I just voted someone at random, and Spoit came up.

Was it sus? I suppose so, but why read so much into a Day 1 vote?

Well, we have to start looking for clues eventually or we might as well forfeit.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Like, J4s reaction is sus as all get out,

On the one hand, sure. A couple votes fairly early day 2 is nothing to freak out over. On the other hand, of the couple times I got pissy about getting wagoned, the most heated I recall was when I was village.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    I mean, at this point, I don’t expect to survive the day cause I half expect someone to hit me over the head even if I don’t get wagoned.

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2020

On the one hand, sure. A couple votes fairly early day 2 is nothing to freak out over. On the other hand, of the couple times I got pissy about getting wagoned, the most heated I recall was when I was village.

Didn't you explode last game as the Mafia?

The music faction game, with the three houses, that is.
    Time is a meaningless construct.

discrider on
    edited October 2020

Didn't you explode last game as the Mafia?

The music faction game, with the three houses, that is.
    Time is a meaningless construct.

You're conflating two different music-themed phallas by Locus:

I was not mafia in the Newfie music phalla, and basically got railroaded by JPants who I'd been networking with up to that point, and blew my stack.

I was a reservist who subbed in for a mafia (Green) in the Day the Music Died phalla, where I kind of unintentionally dicked over a few people towards the end as I tried to figure out a way to use the corruption mechanics to salvage a win (the village factions were on a role for several nights and IIRC I was the last true mafia standing). I was annoyed because I basically lost due to Gizzy having clued in on Green before he withdrew, but I don't recall getting heated in thread.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Explode is probably overstating it:
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Or not?

If you’re Village, and even as partisan you still have a chance of winning. It’s a team win not a survivor win.

I don't. I clearly ate the vote, with a 4 lead.

edited October 2020

discrider on
    edited October 2020
    Like I said, "of the couple times I got pissy about getting wagoned, the most heated I recall was when I was village."

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Ok.
    Just seemed like you threw in the towel there, albeit maybe after you thought the game was over for you before vote shenanigans saved you.
    The point being that doing that is a thing that happens.
    Idk, I mostly just die.

edited October 2020
    I feel like I used to survive to the last day more often than not when I played, so when I started getting voted out or killed on a regular basis it was hard not to feel like I'd somehow gotten worse, and I was salty about it for a few games (spread out over the course of a year).

Like Gizzy said in the quote you pulled up, it's better to just focus on helping our teams win. Most players die in a typical game, after all.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited October 2020
    Back on track, it's ~10 hours to vote close, and I need to get to bed. So, the JaysonFour wagon has a narrow lead, but it's mostly a hunch about their one-off vote for Spoit coming after wagons were established. But Austin's point about mafia trying to not vote for a soon-to-be-revealed villager is spoiled by the fact Spoit was killed (assuming spiders are mafia).

A few people have mentioned Invictus, because Spoit was the second vote against Invictus day one and also got killed, but they also made a one-off for Lost who we think got mafia killed?

And then there's the two votes on jdarksun because they haven't been pushing in thread for village collaboration, which ObiFett & Lucedes feel is uncharacteristic of them. I almost want to vote for jdark to tie it and see what happens?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Haha Jdark what now H3?!

Eh, jdarksun. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the rear.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited October 2020
    Damn it, forgot to refresh before posting.

LOL

Edit: hang on, brb.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Looking over the vote list I am sus of people avoided wagons once the main two had been decided.

Day 1 wagons are stupid and I will only vote for them if I'm feeling especially lazy/clueless*, so nyah

*Or it's kime

I gotta be able to drop off my vote tomorrow and I don't know whether there's going to be a line or not (probably not given the area I live in, but I don't want to take chances). So this is probably the last you'll hear from me until day 3 starts.

Other than Jayson's anger, the argument for him seems roughly the same as for Invictus, yet Jayson has 3 votes, where Inv only had 1 that disc redacted, and a mention by bedlam. I'm unsure about either case.

jdark wagon argument isn't bad, but I feel like a day and a half isn't enough time to rule out IRL interference?

I feel like I need to pick between jdark and Jayson, though. No one else is really standing out to me and making a one-off on Inv instead of breaking the three-three tie doesn't seem like a good move.

Nah, I'll leave it on jdark, I guess.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Jaysonfour I don't place much stock in day one stuff but they are coming off as defensive, which is exactly what happens when I play mafia.

Jpants mrpaku and Jdark are also pretty quiet compared to other mechanic heavy games.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    People saying being quiet is sus, which sure it can be sometimes, but yelling loudly drawing attention to yourself by trying to explain why someone else’s behavior is sus is sus in itself. But here I go doing the very thing. Sigh.

JaysonFour

But I have my eye on quite a few people based on my theory above. Careful out there friends.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Good Morning brave heroes/future martyrs. Vote will close in less than 7 hours. Please remember your training and vote and get your orders in.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Infidel took eight damage last night. That was me. Then someone else got zapped.

Still think I’m mafia?

steam_sig.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Wow, 32 new posts when I wake up. That's not the usual for overnight.
    Infidel wrote: »

I'm not following you on this one.

It depends on whether the spider kill is mafia or not.

If the spider kill is a mafia kill, disc correctly pointed out that voting for Spoit wouldn't make sense because it'd tie someone to a person that was going to come up village. Bad for vote record. If J4 was mafia, and the spider kill is mafia, J4 would have created a bad vote record for themselves knowing they voted for a villager who was going to die that very night. Not a good play.

However, if the spider kill was SK instead, mafia would have no way of knowing that Spoit was going to die, so it allows for a mafia J4.

It's not the strongest connection there, so it's worth watching the votes play out more.

People saying being quiet is sus, which sure it can be sometimes, but yelling loudly drawing attention to yourself by trying to explain why someone else’s behavior is sus is sus in itself. But here I go doing the very thing. Sigh.

JaysonFour

But I have my eye on quite a few people based on my theory above. Careful out there friends.

^This guy is so mafia it hurts.

See also his nervous post from before.
    davidsdurions

Gosh I wanted to vote before going to bed but the current votes are throwing me off.

Nervous post