As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who is the best HololiveEN member? Find out in the Vtuber thread!

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Takanashi Kiara
    You know what's fun? Watching Nyanners during your lunch break at work and confusing everyone around you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4okfmEARHc

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    I think watching too many Nyanners videos is a surefire path to madness

But I watch them all anyway

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    The Among Us collab was good

I decided to tap into the first part of the archive over breakfast. In the practice / rules explanation game, Towa called an emergency meeting just to show it off. Despite it being just practice (and there seeming to be intent to just skip), Pekora still gets a majority of votes to be ejected. Looking forward to seeing some good clips come out of it.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Gawr Gura
    A glorious return for everyone's favorite vtuber, Papa Macchia

https://youtu.be/StMzIO3tltM

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura

Birb collab doing the birb game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Mori Calliope
    Ame just revealed she has 70 waffles in her freezer

"Unless I go through a waffle phrase that will keep me for a year."

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Leave it to vtubers to get me back into minecraft. Turns out that on my computer using the launcher's built in java effectively caps any shader I try to 20fps. Using the latest OpenJDK java effectively uncaps my fps so I spent most of my time off downloading and tweaking all the shaders. I like Sildurs Vibrant shaders, it seems to have the most options to fiddle and I think it's the one Kiara and Pikamee uses.

• Options
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    2wx956vf7xnu.png

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Takanashi Kiara
    Subaru accidentally burned Pekora's Minecraft house down. And then her father told her to apologize.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    This just popped up in my feed and it made me laugh quite a bit so I'm putting it here too. Pikamee being a psychopath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_WI_pJ6YUw

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    I thought that Pikamee being a kettle was just a joke in the "Let's Kill Da Hoe" video, but nope, that is just her default laughter and it is great every time.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Ninomae Ina'nis
    kiara and subaru are doing the first EN X JP vtuber collab right now playing co-op untitled goose game

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    The collaboration was pretty amusing, but unfortunately it is apparently going down the way I feared the most. Kiara is too busy to add subs (she said on Twitter) and I've only seen the animated cartoons get official ones. I think it's really bad that Cover won't hire someone to translate at least these high profile collaboration streams featuring their English speaking talent. Why do they get such a large cut again? "Hello English fans, please enjoy our talent collaborating in a language you don't speak. And if you could, please provide hobbyist translations for it on a volunteer basis, as we aren't going to bother translating the work of our English talent into English."

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    Kiara has been saying since people started asking about collabs that she wasn't going to interrupt the flow of the stream by live translating everything. If you are fine with volunteer fan translations then you can grab something like ytcfilter to filter out the spam in live chat so you can follow the live translators.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Ninomae Ina'nis
    9ahmlzlgcgt51.jpg

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    If the current five had debuted on their own channels (or even as a group privately) with lower quality models and no big announcement from a major company, they wouldn't have hit 300k+ subs in a week and gotten 30k worth of donations their first drive. The company is definitely not doing the best it could for their talent or fans, but it's not like they're doing nothing at all and just leeching off the success of independent performers.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Gawr Gura
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Kiara has been saying since people started asking about collabs that she wasn't going to interrupt the flow of the stream by live translating everything. If you are fine with volunteer fan translations then you can grab something like ytcfilter to filter out the spam in live chat so you can follow the live translators.

I don't expect her to live translate or even to do the subs if her schedule is too much. But the corporation she works for should absolutely pay for someone to do it, rather than doing... nothing. And Reynolds, it's true that Cover isn't just doing nothing. Sometimes they actively betray the talent in order to continue making money from hostile foreign powers or criminal fans.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Despite whatever Cover is or isn't doing to help their talent, the actual stream was extremely good and exactly as Big Chaos as I was hoping. I don't actually watch a lot of Subaru's stuff specifically because her style/energy can be a little more overwhelming than what I'm looking for in a streamer, but in this case it was exactly what needed to happen and it was awesome.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    The collaboration was pretty amusing, but unfortunately it is apparently going down the way I feared the most. Kiara is too busy to add subs (she said on Twitter) and I've only seen the animated cartoons get official ones. I think it's really bad that Cover won't hire someone to translate at least these high profile collaboration streams featuring their English speaking talent. Why do they get such a large cut again? "Hello English fans, please enjoy our talent collaborating in a language you don't speak. And if you could, please provide hobbyist translations for it on a volunteer basis, as we aren't going to bother translating the work of our English talent into English."

Fan subs are time consuming more due to video editing than actual translation. If you could find some way to split the load, you could help prevent the subbers from burning out, which has already started happening.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Gawr Gura
    I don't want to bog down the thread with too much complaining. I think Cover shows no signs of improvement and am really worried about some kind of disaster striking when Coco and Haachama try to return. Still, the Vtubers themselves are definitely doing amazing work. Case in point,
    https://youtu.be/1JJ6EwFPd_8
    I think Pekora is very suss, what do you guys think? Vent the wabbit?

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Vent The Wabbit for sure.

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    Vent The Wabbit for sure.

I don't think it was translated yet but they had a practice round where Towa explained the game to everyone who hadn't played it yet, when she hit the emergency button to demonstrate how it worked they voted Pekora just cause.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gawr Gura
    Cover is a corporation and as such has no incentive to change what it's doing if there's no obvious flaws to their revenue stream at present

That's capitalism baby

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Gawr Gura
    oh my god lol

Ina was putting together a solid shield run thanks to getting Doom on her special (along with an extra Pom on it)

she cleared the first boss, and in the next area she accidentally sold off her Doom boon before she realized what she was doing. cue her going silent for like 15 seconds, then cutting away to her BRB screen for a full minute hahaha

edit: with the greatest irony being that the boon is called curse of PAIN

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Gawr Gura
    Betrayed by her brain cell

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    Ina: *gets an item called Lucky Tooth, equips it, heads into the next run*
    Ina: Looks like I'm armed to the...tooth.

Her dad jokes are so goddamn good.

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    She's doing really well to beat the 2nd boss on her 2nd try at it. I'm impressed considering her inability to stop dashing into damage floors.

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    Calli's live event starting 10 minutes. For those that can't make it don't worry it's being archived.

https://youtu.be/M4shflYdXf8

Remix contest stuff afterwards in a separate stream.

https://youtu.be/sDkow-nDQo4

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.