As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Conquest of Deepnest - Host Notes Up

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    6 people have yet to vote.

Jdark has the lead by 2

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I didnt see Jaysons post before I voted.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    6 people have yet to vote.

Jdark has the lead by 2

I was going to vote for one of the JDark voters (Obifett, H3K, kime, Invictus, paku... might have missed a couple) cause Day 2'ing Jdark just seems like giving the mafia a free kill (calculus changes around Day 4). But I think my vote is better served actually trying to save him so JaysonFour though I'm open to switching to a JDark voter, especially one of the earlier ones.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Infidel took eight damage last night. That was me. Then someone else got zapped.

Still think I’m mafia?

Uhhhhhhh, no I didn't?

Unless the host didn't tell me about it.

And what is "someone else got zapped" supposed to mean?

@JaysonFour any comment on this, because a direct refutation of your alibi doesn't look good.

• Options
    jdarksun 8
    JaysonFour 7
    Jpants 2
    davidsdurions 1
    Bedlam 1

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I can claim that barring a bus driver of some sort being in the game, I tapped Infidel to use my power to hit Cyth. It requires one person to be tapped for eight points of damage so I can put a buttload of hurt on the kingdom's enemies with my soul power.

I'm wondering why he'd lie about that, is the thing...

Was it a mistake to hit Cyth? I imagine, but I was just flailing around in the dark, much like the rest of you.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !JaysonFour for a response please.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Well, if you want to tie the vote and blow me, you, and jdark up, I suppose that's one heck of a way to find out I'm village...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    think I'm voting JaysonFour and looking at infidel I guess tomorrow; but that seems like such a weird thing to makeup that's easily refuted

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I can claim that barring a bus driver of some sort being in the game, I tapped Infidel to use my power to hit Cyth. It requires one person to be tapped for eight points of damage so I can put a buttload of hurt on the kingdom's enemies with my soul power.

I'm wondering why he'd lie about that, is the thing...

Was it a mistake to hit Cyth? I imagine, but I was just flailing around in the dark, much like the rest of you.

Not lying. And you killed Cyth? The speculation is not all village on that one.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    One hour to go. Earn those I voted stickers for your abdomen or thorax!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I was hit for 8 last night. I also had an additional (likely village) ability do something to me last night. So if that 8 damage is from J4 implying there was a busdriver going from Infidel to me, it would have to be one-way.

Anyone else get hit for 8 damage last night?

• Options
    Then there must be a busdriver effect of some sort out there- I have to tap someone to use my soul power, anyways.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Only an hour to go but we really could use more speculation on the Cythraul narration now. I don't know the sauce.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I mean, I'd give my role name, but I don't know if that would violate the rules 38th set down.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure role names will 100% tie up to alignment either.

If we're assuming Radience = vig, google tells me that's a boss in the game, so it doesn't match there. I'd be it's more flavor involved for roles than alignment = game alignment.

• Options

If we're assuming Radience = vig, google tells me that's a boss in the game, so it doesn't match there. I'd be it's more flavor involved for roles than alignment = game alignment.

Emilita died village aligned, does that line up with lore translating to game alignment?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I was hit for 8 last night. I also had an additional (likely village) ability do something to me last night. So if that 8 damage is from J4 implying there was a busdriver going from Infidel to me, it would have to be one-way.

Anyone else get hit for 8 damage last night?

Yes, but it was halved from the original value to get there.

E: Also, please stop hitting me, thanks.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Also with just my read of the thread and game, the jdarksun wagon seems pretty arbitrary, meanwhile we have J4 reacting pretty hard and that fits with being a special but also really fits with being an SK.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Are role names something we're not supposed to mention off the PMs, or are they fair game?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    40mins to go.

JaysonFour 9
    jdarksun 8
    Jpants 2
    davidsdurions 1
    Bedlam 1

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

Emilita died village aligned, does that line up with lore translating to game alignment?

I just googled Emilita and she seems pro pale king, so that checks out

*edit - maybe? See my next post

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Are role names something we're not supposed to mention off the PMs, or are they fair game?

Anyone can claim any role or any stats or abilities.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »

I just googled Emilita and she seems pro pale king, so that checks out

She used to be renowned, got kicked out, laughs about the people who kicked her out dieing, but if you offer her some flower she’s like I can’t accept this the aura is no match for the pale king. (I guess I’m not sure how to interpret all that)

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Hornhead and Gorgeous Dandy appear to be enemies in the game however, and they still came up village.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    40mins to go.

JaysonFour 9
    jdarksun 8
    Jpants 2
    davidsdurions 1
    Bedlam 1

9-8 is too tight. There's decent arguments for both top leaders ("decent" given it's day 2). JaysonFour, then

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I mean, I'd give my role name, but I don't know if that would violate the rules 38th set down.
    Roll names are bullshit. 38th gives cover roles to the mafia. We had a kerfuffle last year because people thought lore based names were "cleared" when they were covers.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I started playing the game again last night, but only learned that it was a bad idea to start playing from the middle of the game after not playing it for like 2 years. (Damn I suck now, don't remember it being so hard)
    I also did a bunch of wiki digging and really can't come up with anything other than the Radiance as a possible killer, which fits SK more than anything, the Radiance did NOT seem to like the king at all.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Hornhead and Gorgeous Dandy appear to be enemies in the game however, and they still came up village.

Yeah but
    They would have presumably been normal friendly bugs before the infection came along, thus friendly to the king and his army during the timeframe this game is taking place

• Options
    @Phyphor @Obbi Both need to vote

• Options
    I'd defer to you on that one. Haven't played the game long enough to know the story at all.

Think I should probably fire it back up tonight after the kids go to bed.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    I started playing the game again last night, but only learned that it was a bad idea to start playing from the middle of the game after not playing it for like 2 years. (Damn I suck now, don't remember it being so hard)

This happened to me with Breath of the Wild. Guess I don't need to finish that game after all cause I sure ain't starting over (3 guardians down)

• Options
    Yes, you should all fire it back up. So good.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Yes, you should all fire it back up. So good.

It isn't in my Steam backlog, but it is in my family library (with friends) so I may have to check it out.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I'd defer to you on that one. Haven't played the game long enough to know the story at all.

Think I should probably fire it back up tonight after the kids go to bed.

Hornhead, Bully, and Dandy are all enemies you fight in Hallownest as the Hollow Knight (they all at this point have succumbed to the Radiance Infection by the time you meet them)

Emilita you meet hiding out in her house. She's outwardly non-threatening, but if you Dream Nail her, you can read her thoughts and tell she's a bad egg

Medic role was invented solely for Phalla (IIRC)

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I think I would prefer j4 to jdark

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    my vote seems alright

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Boat is closed

• Options
    Well, can't say I didn't warn you. I'm a Soul Warrior of the Soul Sanctum, and you've pretty much wasted a day chasing something shiny while the mafia kept on doing its thing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Curse this time zone!