As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's All Freak Out In The [Ghost of Tsushima] Thread

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Wait what even harder difficulty?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    So, I'm 100% on-board with the Raid. We could definitely field a team (or multiple, honestly) from this thread.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Sadly Im in Sydney and sleep normal human hours so I dunno if I can play with a lot of you.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Dude, gross. Move to Melbourne.
    (On second thought, now might not be the best time to move to Victoria lol)

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Sadly Im in Sydney and sleep normal human hours so I dunno if I can play with a lot of you.

Hey, same.

-Loki- wrote: »

Hey, same.

I smell a duo!

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    The inclusion of new trophies gives me extra reasons to come back. Will probably do NG+ on lethal just for giggles. Shouldn't have to do anything more then whatever the new trophies require since I am not that big of a fashion player really. Playing co-op and doing the horde mode seems really damn cool though. Will want to learn more about what each class does before I unlock the first one and get locked into it.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    So, I'm 100% on-board with the Raid. We could definitely field a team (or multiple, honestly) from this thread.

Any east coasters?

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    McRhyno wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »

Any east coasters?

I am but I work nights so unless I am off that night I can only play from about 7 to 9 am.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I’m on the east coast but schedule can be kinda wonky. But I’m definitely down to try some Legends.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I would like to try Legends just to know how the hell it handles, since I don’t have a PS4 headset coordination might be an issue

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    They are adding a Charm of Canine Recruitment, so you can pet the dogs and charm them to be allies.

I'm going to equip that charm and never take it off.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Gear loadouts is a huge deal, and something I wish games like this released with from the beginning. It's clear the game wants you to change gear and charms based on situations, but the amount of menu hunting it takes means I only did it in very extreme cases. Mostly I found a loadout I liked and stuck with it. Being able to build loadouts, with some kind of quick switch menu, would make the design goals the game clearly had much more manable. I wish they had released the game with it.

That said I love this game so much I'll probably do an NG+ run at some point.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Gear loadouts is a huge deal, and something I wish games like this released with from the beginning. It's clear the game wants you to change gear and charms based on situations, but the amount of menu hunting it takes means I only did it in very extreme cases. Mostly I found a loadout I liked and stuck with it. Being able to build loadouts, with some kind of quick switch menu, would make the design goals the game clearly had much more manable. I wish they had released the game with it.

That said I love this game so much I'll probably do an NG+ run at some point.

Despite the menu nonsense I made a habit of changing my gear on a semi-regular basis. Sometimes I wanted to be real stealth focused, others I liked speccing archery, etc. So having a few loadout options was really important to me, and I think it's awesome they're doing it.

With the new charms, I'm eager to see what other kinds of options we get that can help vary playstyle.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Legends is out now. Kinda weird that you have to "purchase" a free thing to unlock it from the main menu. There's a tutorial showing off the 4 different classes and basic controls. It's pretty neat so far.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Anyone want to play with a Ronin?

North America ^.^

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Legends is out now. Kinda weird that you have to "purchase" a free thing to unlock it from the main menu. There's a tutorial showing off the 4 different classes and basic controls. It's pretty neat so far.

Yeah I've gone through the first two story missions and I'm slowly getting it and I'mma' keep at it I think.

edited October 2020
    Ronin sucks beyond the dog so far btw lol.

That ult is next to useless. Ed: so far

Chance on
    Chance wrote: »
    Ronin sucks beyond the dog so far btw lol.

That ult is next to useless. Ed: so far
    I started Hunter as my first class*. What does the Technique tree for Ronin look like? Unsurprisingly, there are a lot of Arrow buffs in the Hunter tree.

* You start with one class choice, and unlock the others as you play.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    edited October 2020
    Okay well breath of izanami is great when you can't spend a second to rez an ally.

Ronin's skill tree - finally just found it - is a lot of little stuff, (+stagger, +tool damage) and heals. First skill I got makes his ult heal, which is huge, and you can get rid of the dog to get another heal station.

Not sure I wanna get rid of my dog though.

Edit : and there's an AoE debuff (deal 25% less, take 25% more) at level 7. That seems hot.

Chance on
    Okay well breath of izanami is great when you can't spend a second to rez an ally.

Ronin's skill tree - finally just found it - is a lot of little stuff, (+stagger, +tool damage) and heals. First skill I got makes his ult heal, which is huge, and you can get rid of the dog to get another heal station.

Edit : and there's an AoE debuff (deal 25% less, take 25% more) at level 7. That seems hot.
    The first non-Smoke Bomb tool that I unlocked was a self-heal, and so far, that's been pretty decent in story missions keeping me topped up. I'm enjoying the new enemy moves that show up now and then, although being locked into a single stance is a hell of a thing.

8i1dt37buh2m.png

The first non-Smoke Bomb tool that I unlocked was a self-heal, and so far, that's been pretty decent in story missions keeping me topped up. I'm enjoying the new enemy moves that show up now and then, although being locked into a single stance is a hell of a thing.

It is but it also means your squaddies have specialities - I've been using a water sword for the last three or four things, and it's been really handy to be able to run up to any shield dude or shield heavy who's on one of my teammates and just go newwwwp. I just unlocked a higher-soul wind sword, so I gotta' go with that - but not being able to switch is weird.

What is awesome is how all the gear has all these little modifiers that really make this +damage trinket much more than it seems, because it also gives +12% perfect parry window. There seems to be a lot you can do with the gear. I just won the first survival thingie I tried - 15 waves on a beach with another ronin and 2 samurai - and it was pretty awesome! Holding a point down by yourself at zero health just by chaining 5 perfect parries in a row is awesome. Flying over a cliff to assassinate one of the mongols who were bearing down on your ally is awesome. Resurrecting them with my super ronin power is awesome.

In fact it's a lot awesomer than I was expecting, all round.

Dropping into a psychedelic fantasia version of Tushima with a complete stranger who then perfectly stealth kills that guy while I stealth kill this guy before we both fall on a miniboss as one is... a lot awesomer than I expected ^.^

I didn't think this would have any value to me at all - I'm not big on co-op PvE, but maybe that's just because Overwatch killed it for me.

edited October 2020
    Okay so speaking of the stance limits...

b0bhqdfzqnyf.jpg

Fuckin' neeeeat....

Edit : the real test of this will be whether or not stone stance is also fully unlocked.

Chance on
    edited October 2020
    Yeah ok this mode is fucking hot.

It's practically criminal that a mode of this depth and complexity is being given away for free.

Anyone who plays it should go to jail.

I would give them money if they'd let me.

Morninglord on

North America ^.^

I just loaded it up now, Chance, what's your PSN ID?

edited October 2020
    McRhyno wrote: »

North America ^.^

I just loaded it up now, Chance, what's your PSN ID?

Chance_Splinter

(Blinkblink) just woke up though. Late night of Ronin-ing and Assassin-ing.

The assassin's skills allow them to be super survivable and always able to pop a smoke bomb to rez an ally - might equally replace breath of azumi for the Ronin? And the fact that the ronin is the only class without a power strike is bunk.

Samurai can get 2 active skills like that at a time. :( but that big ass armor :(

Nah. Failed my first bronze level survival because we had 2 samurai, 2 assassins and 0 heals lol >.<

Back to Ronin today I think.

Chance on
    Upon further review, I'm loving this so much today I wonder if maybe I should have been playing Ubisoft's For Honor this whole time.

I'm just gonna' grind bronze survival runs for a while on my Ronin.

Finally got him figured out.

His ult doesn't just rez allies instantly. It rezzes allies instantly no matter the range. No matter where they are on a map. I'm going survival runs, I'm defending the stable, our Samurai at the Farm just died, our Hunter at the Villa's nearly dead and the Shinobi's already there. I'm on my way to the Farm - bam, ult, we are back - and because I don't use the version where nearby enemies catch fire, all those allies then get healed to full.

Oh yeah. You want this on your team.

Loving this so much >.<

Upon further review, I'm loving this so much today I wonder if maybe I should have been playing Ubisoft's For Honor this whole time.

I'm just gonna' grind bronze survival runs for a while on my Ronin.

Finally got him figured out.

His ult doesn't just rez allies instantly. It rezzes allies instantly no matter the range. No matter where they are on a map. I'm going survival runs, I'm defending the stable, our Samurai at the Farm just died, our Hunter at the Villa's nearly dead and the Shinobi's already there. I'm on my way to the Farm - bam, ult, we are back - and because I don't use the version where nearby enemies catch fire, all those allies then get healed to full.

Oh yeah. You want this on your team.

Loving this so much >.<
    Yeah, I’ve unlocked Ronin and Assassin after the Hunter. I prefer Assassin or Hunter in Story, but Ronin is huge for Survival. Long Range Rez and heals go a long way for team support,

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    I'm about to dive back in if anyone wants some heals.

I got my first Legendary item:
    knoc0dvdguz6.jpg

Arrows never drop, refund ammunition on headshots, bonus headshot damage... Yup, pretty Legendary there.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    102 Ronin now. Be warned if you jump into gold survivals be ready for it to average an hour each time. I'm Teknotier on PSN if anyone wants to add me and try the Nightmare stuff.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Is it only for co-op or can you solo the stuff?

Big Classy wrote: »
    Is it only for co-op or can you solo the stuff?

Not easy to solo but probably possible? If someone drops.

Idk if you can force the multiplayer stuff to let you solo it.

I haven't enjoyed a multiplayer mode this much in years.

Just got a Legendary Smoke Bomb that also heals allies around you. Pocket Ronin!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    I got my first Legendary item:
    knoc0dvdguz6.jpg

Arrows never drop, refund ammunition on headshots, bonus headshot damage... Yup, pretty Legendary there.

Arrows never drop? You can only get ammo from refunded headshots?

(Reads the item.)

Ohhhhhh.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    This is the best action co-op game I've ever played, I think. Fuck, I love it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-multiplayer-has-always-been-a-pillar-of-sucker-punchs-plans

Cool interview.

Thing I missed: new game + has tougher enemies right from the start.

I just wanna know what the Lethal situation feels like in NG+. But I also don't care 'cause my Ronin is gear level 60 and I've got some multiplayer samurai shenanigans to get up to.

Shit, I am way behind... will reach out to you good peeps when I can pull my weight