As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's 2022 but [Snugglehug] never changes nsf56k

• Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    At about one minute in where the mom is rubbing her butt on the tree, is smoke being produced?

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    it seems more likely to be wafts of dust or pollen being rubbed off the tree than spontaneous butt fire

but wombats are weird so I'm not really willing to make a call either way

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Both shelters complete! We aren't going to set them out until we have a camera on them. It won't get cold for a while here in Texas so it should be fine. No rain expected this week, either. I can't wait to see who makes use of them first!
    x64uo295okuu.jpg

Edit: FYI, if anyone wants to purchase these shelters for their own feral community, I highly recommend these, they're very nice and snug: https://feralvilla-com.3dcartstores.com/Shelters_c_1.html

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Hey! This week has been real fuckin' weird, and it's only Tuesday!
    you know what you need to get you through to Wednesday? A super hyped baby wombat, is what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c255TTXLJBY

watching this makes me feel renewed sympathy for my mom for raising three shitty hyperactive kids mostly by herself

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Is the adult farting the tree on fire at 1:05?

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    BLOOD AND THUNDER!

Friends gather at the ol waterin hole:

U wat m8!?

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Finnegan Fox update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txGd0CxCPq0
    HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Pixie wanted none of that vlogger nonsense.

MichaelLC on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Shelters and camera in place! I can't wait to see who moves in first!

h8ml1mxcrrge.jpg

Though considering it's still pretty balmy out (70 - 80 degree days), it may be a while before anyone takes to sleeping in these. But I did hedge my bets by sprinkling cat nip in and around them.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    NEW SMASH CHARACTER ANNOUNCED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUtT0BSzGrw

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    Dogs come home after vacation:

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Has sound

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The politest feeding frenzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxQa43oo-Og

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    In which Runty is not a fan of her new collar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWxtGRAIW80

edited October 2020
    These pretzels are meowking me thirsty:

FPw7fUO.jpeg

Also @Cambiata its been too long since we've gotten an update on the non feral cats. The OG3 as it were.

Edit: also please see this turt:

Bedlam on
    edited October 2020
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Also Cambiata its been too long since we've gotten an update on the non feral cats. The OG3 as it were.

They're doing OK! They grow like weeds, Drack is already just short of 6 pounds (he's the biggest). No one has asked to adopt them yet, but otherwise they're happy and healthy. We mostly worry about Cora, because she's very much a "don't touch me" kind of cat, and we expect her to be difficult to place. We've asked in the listing that anyone who wants to adopt Drack should adopt Cora too so she has a companion. Just today we took them for their booster shots and a dewormer which is why we know their weights.

Also Drack has taken to laying in the bathroom sink, and when I go in there and start petting him in it he purrs up a storm and rolls around, it's adorable. Liam is still the most gregarious cat, coming forward any time cuddles are on offer. Vetra is still shy, but loves to be held once you get past her misgivings. Oh and Drack doesn't regularly hiss anymore, but when we had the carriers out to bring him in for the boosters he did hiss at Zach, poor sweetie.

Here's a pic. Liam on the bottom left, Drack on the right, Vetra in the back. Cora not pictured because she hides when we go in the room.

a1dabqx67cjo.jpg

Cambiata on
    I meant Garruck/Cassandra/Alistar. You still have them, right?

Bedlam wrote: »
    I meant Garruck/Cassandra/Alistar. You still have them, right?

Garak. And yes of course we still have them!

Alistair: A while ago he started a thing where he meows at me for treats, in a specific spot. He's always been the cat we've had the hardest time getting to eat food, so this was welcome. He even put on some weight, which made us happy because he's too tiny. He became so obsessed with treats that I upped the ante: he only gets treats if he lets me hug him first. He accepts these terms, but he doesn't like them.

Garak: Still the sweetest boy. Loves to cuddle, loves treats. He had to have some teeth work done this year. We thought it would only be a cleaning, but it ended up he needed teeth pulled. This meant an overnight stay at the vet which was friggin' hard for us to deal with. He remains the sweetest boy but is more alert about any signs that we might take him back to the vet, poor lamb. Interestingly, Alistair also had to have teeth pulled this year, but his personality didn't change at all after the visit. I told Zach my suspicion, that for Alistair he already knows we are assholes so us doing something that would make him think we're assholes doesn't change his attitude, while Garak is innocent and trusting and doesn't expect us to do things like that.

Cassandra: Is obsessed with me. I've been staying home most of this year, first because of work from home and now because I'm unemployed, and she often demands mommy attention immediately. I don't know what she's going to do when I finally have to go back to work/leave the house again. She, thankfully, has no teeth problems, or other notable health issues.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Do they make treats for cats that "brush" their teeth? I always hear stories about cats with poor dental health and have to wonder if there's a way to do at-home preventative care but nobody has really "cracked the case" yet.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Do they make treats for cats that "brush" their teeth? I always hear stories about cats with poor dental health and have to wonder if there's a way to do at-home preventative care but nobody has really "cracked the case" yet.

Yeah there are greenies and other dental treats for cats.

the most important thing for feline dental hygine though is proper hydration. If they're dehydrated their gums go to shit.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »

We always knew Garak had bad teeth, they told us that early on. I did try to get him to eat a certain cat toothpaste that has some sort of enzyme that helps with teeth, but he eventually got tired of that stuff. And he never would let me brush his teeth. We tried dental treats but they had no effect.

Alistair's teeth stuff is apparently congenital, though trying to help him with dental hygiene is said to help.

The only thing we haven't tried yet is a water additive, but I did buy some of that after the teeth pulling, we just haven't added it in yet. It's flavored so I am concerned they won't like the taste, and Alistair already has a problem with not drinking enough water.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    It's too bad that the bulk of cats' intelligence comes in the form of wariness and mistrust. It makes trying to help the little shits so much harder.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    That Aussie Shepard mix did all of the cocaine.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Eeeeee my parrot started doing the cutest thing today. Was smitching his head, he reached up and grabbed my finger with his foit, held my finger still, and rubbed his head back and forth across fingertip

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    How Ankylosaurs Got Their Clubs 9:30
    https://youtu.be/lRt-4SdzWrk

I guess this is the closest thread to being about animals so I linked it in here

Peas on
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Bedlam on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    That's stoats even without a trampoline.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    edited October 2020
    Monk level 9000:

Bedlam on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    That man has already ascended to another plane of existence to resist such earthly temptations.

This discussion has been closed.