As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] Game is out and it's real good!!!

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    gotta break the head twice for guaranteed evil eye drop
    i'm focusing on doing just that and then leaving the quest, not that i have because i suck :D
    apparently you can somewhat consistently bait the ai into doing an attack that leaves the head in a vulnerable position

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    you need to do like 20k head damage to get the second head break

may as well kill him at that point

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Got to third phase Fatalis and had the dragonator ready to fire when he went airborne and did his “cover the entire area” (his 4th time doing that so both the gate and the hut was long toast) flame breath at a bad time ruining my last cart at 29.30... Fuck sake.

Broke both wings and his head once.

Sirialis on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Had a dream I had a pet Rathalos about the size of a large dog. It tried to eat some sort of rusty metal pipe, started bleeding from the mouth and then I picked it up, started freaking out and running around a hotel asking if there was a doctor.

Weird, I've never really been a fan of the raths. If I was going to dream of owning a monster, I thought it would be a Kulu. Precious chicken boy. <3

Personally, I'd want a pet mini-Nargie or a sparkle pony.

Nargacuga would be neat. Zinogre is my choice because doggo, but... hmm...

Lagombi maybe? Or just goof bear Arzuros.

Brachy.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    <<

Whats got 2 thumbs and just discovered the Odogaron layered armor

jungleroomx on
    edited October 2020
    Got Fatalis to enter phase 2 much faster this time and fired the Dragonator (both spikes hit 2x3300) and wailed on him until he did that weird “get stuck to his chest, he bites and blasts you away thing” he can do in phase 3 and final carted me at 29.00...

At least my new outfit is on point.

t1eoag5gw4bs.jpeg

Dragonhead B+
    Dragonhide B+
    Dragonclaws B+
    Dragonbarbs A+
    Kulve Taroth’s Wrath B+

Crafted both Fatalis layered sets too.

Sirialis on
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    New Iceborne festival starts tonight, haven't looked too close at what the new tickets to chase are.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    New Iceborne festival starts tonight, haven't looked too close at what the new tickets to chase are.
    gonna be AT Velk and a Greatest Jagras-esque Zinogre that drops... coal? and tickets

furious rajang x2 for buffer buff body (and maybe layered of both buff body sets?)

next week is brute tigrex

edited October 2020
    Razor sharp and 200 stamina is pretty sweet, not sure I even need protective polish anymore.

But why does Fatalis Dual Skies seemingly suck? Is there a way this is considered good that I cant see? Its got high raw but this is Dual Blades where elemental damage is king in most situations.

If they didnt have that low dragon elemental damage you could at least run Elementless, alas.

Sirialis on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Razor sharp and 200 stamina is pretty sweet, not sure I even need protective polish anymore.

But why does Fatalis Dual Skies seemingly suck ass? Is there a way this is considered good that I cant see? Its got high raw but this is Dual Blades where elemental damage is king.

If they didnt have that low dragon elemental damage you could at least run Elementless, alas.

They're going to be good for monsters with dragon weakness and good raw hitzones... so there's like some edge cases on where they're good & better than alatreon db (uragaan head, ruiner nergie head)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    edited October 2020
    Alatreon seems outclassed by Kjarr Dragon DBs too, its even got inbuilt Crit Element.

Just seems odd that the final monster gives a weapon that might be good, in rare edge cases.

Sirialis on
    Alatreon seems outclassed by Kjarr Dragon DBs too, its even got inbuilt Crit Element.

Just seems odd that the final monster gives a weapon that might be good, in rare edge cases.

you can run a decent crit ele set with azure age armor, but yeah kjarr+safi is still ahead generally.

here's the math nerds DB meta builds

edited October 2020
    Already more or less retired my Safi set (Azure Age, Silver Rathalos TCE sets too), Fatalis gears amount of deco slots (+Razor Sharp and 200 stamina) feels preferrable to max damage (Divine Protection 5 is nice in particular.), not too fond of that annoying health drain on Safi either.

Sirialis on
    0xlfatomz0vm.jpeg

She’s nuts in this one.

edited October 2020
    Milla, you are an embarassment to Dual Bladers everywhere.

spg2jgur5i7g.jpeg

At least look up his elemental weakness.

Sirialis on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Milla, you are an embarassment to Dual Bladers everywhere.

spg2jgur5i7g.jpeg

At least look up his elemental weakness.

In the trailer I saw it looked like she was using them on Rathalos, of all things.

Although in a quick cut it's hard to tell Rath from Gore, so here's hoping.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I feel like I'm doing the smart move by stepping back to a rarity 10 effect weapon from a 12 elemental and grinding out the necessary mods (I have 2 resources left to gather) then moving forward

Not having a life-on-hit augment as a lancer has been difficult, especially since the game requires you take chip damage

Starting this far behind feels rough. Rise and MH6 are gonna feel better since I'll be growing with the whole community instead of racing to do 2 years worth of content at once

jungleroomx on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I think the fire on Mila's blades are supposed to represent Demon mode. I hope.

I hope there's a part where the monster is completely covering the camera and you just see a low res wireframe version of Mila flopping around uselessly as nobody has any clue wtf is going on for a solid 5 seconds

Satsumomo wrote: »

Demon mode doesnt look like that at all though, if anything the effect is more visible on the body than on the weapons.

Demon mode doesnt look like that at all though, if anything the effect is more visible on the body than on the weapons.

Yeah but its cheaper to cgi effects on a single polygon than a complex human body so

edited October 2020
    This tempered Lunastra event (The cold never bothered me) gives a ton of decos, I got 10 from the last one and 7 of them were tier 4 type.

Even got one I havent seen before, rarity 12 Trueshot Jewel+ 4 (Special Ammo Boost) and a couple evade+attack gems.

Sirialis on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    These fish weapons are even better than I thought would be.

Dual blades, they flop around on your back and don't even look like they're cutting anything but rather just slapping everything.

It's glorious.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    edited October 2020
    Aaaand Rajang's intro quest has killed any more desire for me to play World. I have proceeded in every single avenue in the game except for him and he's an awful, unfun piece of shit.

One shot with power guard, vitality mantle, guard 5 and guard up and 900 armor and 22 lightning. Fucking bullshit.

jungleroomx on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    G rank is bad, actually

J3qcnBP.png
    Anyone else hunting crowns? That new Tigrex event (Seeing is believing) has a certain large gold crown, he’s huge.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Anyone else hunting crowns? That new Tigrex event (Seeing is believing) has a certain large gold crown, he’s huge.

To be fair, events have been known to go beyond the normal size ranges (lol mini uragaan)... but gold crowns are pretty big yes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

The new Zinogre quest alternates between large gold crown and small crown as well

oh my god they stuck so much bullshit on AT Velk

it wasn't so hard to beat but there was a lot of "can i please play the video game please"

• HereticAstartesHereticAstartes Registered User regular
    Aaaand Rajang's intro quest has killed any more desire for me to play World. I have proceeded in every single avenue in the game except for him and he's an awful, unfun piece of shit.

One shot with power guard, vitality mantle, guard 5 and guard up and 900 armor and 22 lightning. Fucking bullshit.

Sticky lbg is what got me past Rajang. It's my goto for furious as well.

Yeah but its cheaper to cgi effects on a single polygon than a complex human body so

It can't be demon modes, she's holding the swords the right way.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

I've been using lance for Rajang. I tend to use the R12 Velk lance, but every now and again I'll bring out my end of line Nightshade paolumu lance (sleep). 5 Guard + Guard Up for the regular attacks, 3 thunder res (I aim for 30+ thunder resist) for his kamehameha, 3 health boost to have enough leeway to not get 1 shot. I do keep a temporal mantle and health booster on me if things start going horribly wrong.

Also, for that quest in particular, Cooling jewel.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    edited October 2020
    I still dont have any attack+2 gems besides the one from a log in bonus... If only you could craft them, then I could use my Agitator charm over my Attack charm.

Made a Shaver (Clutch Claw Boost) gem and use that instead of my Protective Polish gem which I dont really need anymore, I counted hits before I lost white sharpness on Kjarr Dragon DB with Fatalis Razor Sharp - 440’ish hits.

Edit: I looked through my gems and saw I had a Critical Boost/Constitution gem, I didnt even know you could get Critical Boost on tier 4 gems.

Sirialis on
    This is the performance improvement mod. Make sure you remove all mods you had, you will either need to download their updated version, or remove them if they did not get an update.

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/1982

Yeah, I was running Special K, iirc, but then I tried starting up MHW a month or two ago, and it wouldn't load, which apparently was something to do with Capcom specifically killing the program if mods/Special K is detected, and the person making Special K quit, iirc.

But I'll give it a try, even though nexus mods is the devil.

I finally downed Rajang with the help of a really good IG player.

And then right after I ended up killing a tempered multiplayer Zinogre (lost connection 2 minutes into the match, ended up just going for it) in half the time.

Fuck that stupid monkey.

Iceborne Gold Crowns so far.
    l004697012mc.jpeg

Me: With all of these options opening up I can finally design a character that looks great, but I should try to stay away from going full on anime like all those other players on here

Also Me:
    THIS SHIT LOOKS AMAZING
    8zsvgoq2svjz.jpg

• RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    Ok. Been a bit since last played this. Just did a series of updates. Any thoughts of present status of IG? Thoughts for a present day recommended gear loadout?

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Me: With all of these options opening up I can finally design a character that looks great, but I should try to stay away from going full on anime like all those other players on here

Also Me:
    THIS SHIT LOOKS AMAZING
    8zsvgoq2svjz.jpg

Sometimes it's the simple things that work best.
    Hunter_with_bioenergy_I_am_growing_stronger.jpg

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    The Admiral would never use a slinger