As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Gold border for all my collections badges, including all four sets of notorious Gambit Prime armor for all three classes.
    m0VBUy7.jpg

Accompishment, or cry for help? You decide.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Honestly, I’m in awe, and also worried, you subjected yourself to that.

Either way, goddamn well done.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Gold border for all my collections badges, including all four sets of notorious Gambit Prime armor for all three classes.
    m0VBUy7.jpg

Accompishment, or cry for help? You decide.

Accomplishment imo.

Reckoner is the cry for help.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I just thought of something; think Coldheart will get rebranded from Arc to Stasis seeing it's meant to be a cold-based weapon? Or perhaps a Coldheart 2.0?

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I just thought of something; think Coldheart will get rebranded from Arc to Stasis seeing it's meant to be a cold-based weapon? Or perhaps a Coldheart 2.0?

Coldheart's flavor is that it doesn't shoot a freeze ray, but the arc lazer it does shoot uses its own fuel as the gun's coolant.

Dys on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    If anything, Ruinous Effigy would be more likely to become a stasis weapon, since it seems to derive so much from the Darkness-touched tree of silver wings.

But Stasis power coming from Europa suggests it won't having anything to do with the tree on Io. Not sure if the pyramid on Europa is one of the newly arrived ones or another hidden ancient one like the Lunar pyramid.

H9f4bVe.png
  • lakhesislakhesis Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hello PS4 guardians. We are at the Calus encounter, and need one or two to help finish off this raid. We know what we're doing, we just need another body or two.

lakhesis on
    PSN: strangerfork
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Trials continues to be buckets of sweat. We clawed our way to 5 wins which is actually pretty good considering how many close games we had, and we started the night getting stomped hard. I was only able to manage any kills at all by becoming what I hate and using Mountaintop for old times sake.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    We started with a string of the weirdest games, connections were bad and people were definitely doing weird control stuff (one guy crouch spamming like I've never seen on console, no controller can do that). I'm glad to have the bounty banked and we did get the run up to five so I felt a little better but by the time matchmaking calmed down I was tired and tilted and played like crap.

Trials!

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Trials continues to be buckets of sweat. We clawed our way to 5 wins which is actually pretty good considering how many close games we had, and we started the night getting stomped hard. I was only able to manage any kills at all by becoming what I hate and using Mountaintop for old times sake.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Shamus wrote: »

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

This post inspired me to show off my villainy
    https://youtu.be/l8jmhMuvSHM

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Moved over to PC a couple weeks ago. 60 fps is nice, nicer graphics are nice, but let me tell you folks: this game is a lot less oppressive and stressful to play when you HAVE AN FOV THAT ACTUALLY LETS YOU SEE WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Finally unlocked Chronicler

I had everything except some of the Uldren lore. They really squirreled some of those away in those Lost Sectors, huh

Confession: I haven't really fully read through a lot of the lore books, I mostly pick it up from Byf videos and such. So it was cool fully reading through Variks' book and Uldren's book just a bit before Beyond Light drops, as it feels like they'll get some payoff soon

Destiny lore is so fucking cool, fucking sci-fi Lord of the Rings stuff

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I want Varkis to have like a five minute monologue about the tragic fate of his desperate people, and the very nature of Light and Dark and the Destiny universe.

Then an awkward pause and "... dismantle mines, yes?"

The lore has been really good the past few years. This season has been pretty great story-wise all around I think. Or as good as one can hope from this model anyway.

Speaking of the Fallen I enjoy the final entry in the new lore book and how much the entire post-Red-War story has been leaning into this Nolan-Batman riff and acknowledging all the stuff we've actually been doing since D1 launched. We are beating up our enemies so badly they are getting desperate and consolidating and turning to strange powers to survive.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    What's the best way to farm the chest keys for the spooky forest now that they buffed a bunch of drop rates?

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Just play the game. I haven't done any farming and I've gotten my 45 keys with no real effort. Play control, run strikes whatevers fun for you

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    I was getting 2 ciphers every run of the 1020 Nightfall Ordeal playlist last week. That's probably the fastest way to do it, but maybe not this particular week since the Nightfall is The Corrupted.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Do you guys know how to avoid getting the witch’s curse after the jump puzzle is done in Crown? I was attempting a flawless with some friends, was in my menu up top after the end of the jump puzzle changing gear, and suddenly two of us died to curse. How does that happen?

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I've done that raid flawless a few times, and in general a number of other times, and don't recall ever seeing that happen.

I guess just watch your debuffs, and flee to orbit if they don't disappear after the section completes?

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Do you guys know how to avoid getting the witch’s curse after the jump puzzle is done in Crown? I was attempting a flawless with some friends, was in my menu up top after the end of the jump puzzle changing gear, and suddenly two of us died to curse. How does that happen?

Oh, that’s part of the new leadup event to Beyond Light, kinda like how we could get the different color nanites before Rise of Iron.

You’re cursed until November 10th. Congrats!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

When we did it and got to the top isnt there the egg to shoot and cleanse? I dont remember its been a minute...

Quick question of my own, I only have 2 more truth to power lore books needed to get chronicler, and I've tried the cheese forever method of getting 2 lore books at once during reset, I did it last curse cycle and it wouldn't let me collect loot, anyone done it that has any tips? I know people are still saying it works because they got it to work, but I just dont know what I did wrong... If I get chronicler though Ill be at 9 seals obtained in one season.

Nevermind. someone on another forum informed me that theres maintenance this week. RIP

taco543 on

Did you pick up the curse from the last orb-thingy you shoot and/or not use said orb to cleanse the curse? That's the only thing I can think of.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I watched this video (which belabors the point, but is funny):

right before I started this video and almost died laughing (I like Gladd and I don't think his youtube videos reflect his streams well, I think they're clickbaitey and lazy)

As someone who enjoys taking Jotunn for a spin every now and then and is also not super great, I'm feeling attacked from both angles in that video.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I've been hearing that "Wow!" sound effect a lot recently, so nice to see someone else noticed

Solo flawless Prophecy on my titan, first try!
    https://dungeon.report/pgcr/7046033727
    V4g3KEF.png

I've always crutched heavily on my hunter for these sorts of dungeon challenges. Titan is my main, so I've been going through the dungeons again as my titan just to prove to myself I can do it.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    if18lcRh.png

Big thanks to @Elki in taking me into Prophecy enough to land the two IKELOS guns (both dropping in tonight's run actually) stashed away there. Not the same perks as the 1.0.1 version but Feeding Frenzy and Trench Barrel's a good mix for it's Rapid-Fire Frame.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Well, I finished up the 45 cyphers and got the Ascendant Lens....
    Unfortunately, running through strikes filled my bank up and knocked out one of the exotic engrams I was saving in my postmaster for Beyond Light.

Not that Exotics won't come in time, but I still wish auto-blue dismantle was a thing, bungo.

Well, I finished up the 45 cyphers and got the Ascendant Lens....
    Unfortunately, running through strikes filled my bank up and knocked out one of the exotic engrams I was saving in my postmaster for Beyond Light.

Not that Exotics won't come in time, but I still wish auto-blue dismantle was a thing, bungo.

One thing you can do is not grab the exotic engrams on your season pass track. The Bungie website lets you grab anything off last season's season pass so you can save all the exotic engrams on there and just pop them next season to get the new exotics. It's worked all this year anyway.

And yes, that shit is so annoying. I've lost a ton of shit over the years to my mailbox clogging up with blues.

edited October 2020
    Also I finally got solo flawless Pit of Heresy done today and on the first try today too. I hadn't tried since the summer because that shit gets tedious at a certain point because you've got your strat down and it's just stupid mistakes or bad luck that get you and it just takes so damn long most of the time that I'd just go do something else. But I figured I had the time tonight so fuck it and BAM.

I just barely avoided falling to my death in the maze before the final boss. Just clutched a mantle at the last second. And I couldn't even remember what I'd decided on for the boss so I went with well+sword+witherhoard and very carefully 4 phased it.

The most annoying part of the whole thing, by far, remains the stupid ogre maze between the first and second encounters. The amount of time you have to spend just standing around waiting for the ogres to just stop fucking camping the door you need to use is really goddamn dumb.

1 down, 2 to go before the taken/hive barrier mods go away. Although Shattered Throne is kinda tedious so I'm thinking I'll leave that till the last minute and shrug if it doesn't happen.

shryke on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    new story trailer! and some character details on the site too

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Why are they speaking english?

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Went to preorder Beyond Light, and it turns out we get a nice 10% discount when buying it on Xbox because it's on Game Pass.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Doubt I'm getting that 10 percent back from preordering months ago. Ah well, still hype.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Went to preorder Beyond Light, and it turns out we get a nice 10% discount when buying it on Xbox because it's on Game Pass.

glad i've held off on pulling the trigger then. never even considered the Game Pass discount kicking in for that.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Bought it on Steam when it was first announced and I was playing heavily, meh, I think Steam shows 800 hours so they've earned their dollars.

Nosf wrote: »
    Why are they speaking english?

Before the houses fell, Variks held English 101 classes, yyyyyEeeeEeessss

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I love that there’s clearly a vex+exo story and something that’ll lead us beck to earth story that are not even hinted at in that trailer

Fallen are always just set up as a smoke screen for badder baddies

616610-1.png
  • taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Also I finally got solo flawless Pit of Heresy done today and on the first try today too. I hadn't tried since the summer because that shit gets tedious at a certain point because you've got your strat down and it's just stupid mistakes or bad luck that get you and it just takes so damn long most of the time that I'd just go do something else. But I figured I had the time tonight so fuck it and BAM.

I just barely avoided falling to my death in the maze before the final boss. Just clutched a mantle at the last second. And I couldn't even remember what I'd decided on for the boss so I went with well+sword+witherhoard and very carefully 4 phased it.

The most annoying part of the whole thing, by far, remains the stupid ogre maze between the first and second encounters. The amount of time you have to spend just standing around waiting for the ogres to just stop fucking camping the door you need to use is really goddamn dumb.

1 down, 2 to go before the taken/hive barrier mods go away. Although Shattered Throne is kinda tedious so I'm thinking I'll leave that till the last minute and shrug if it doesn't happen.

congrats, for me the ogres arent an issue its just boring sitting there waiting, the chamber of suffering is awful the first time I got past that damn thing is when I got my solo flawless. Sadly it took a million times to get past it lol