As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So no maintenance apparently.
    Cleared out battle square,
    omega is done except for Ice.
    Greg is done except for II, XI, XIV, XV
    And I recently cleared Ramuh, Shiva, and Diabolos.
    Feeling accomplished in this game and I rarely do.
    Need to work on a valefor team and finish my last 6*

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    So no maintenance apparently.
    Cleared out battle square,
    omega is done except for Ice.
    Greg is done except for II, XI, XIV, XV
    And I recently cleared Ramuh, Shiva, and Diabolos.
    Feeling accomplished in this game and I rarely do.
    Need to work on a valefor team and finish my last 6*

There was a maintenance last night from 1AM PDT to 3AM PDT. I know because I get up for work at 1AM PDT and couldn't do dailies right when I woke up >.<

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Weird. Is this the first maintenance that ended before date change?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    AI for multiplayer Titan is up. Looks like "member 1" (that is, the player below the leader) gets to enjoy the bulk of the Defend duty. Though phase 3 will wipe the front characters of the other players when you least expect it.

I tried doing it with pugs the other night, and it was about as awful as you would imagine.

• Options
    My new multiplayer policy is mythril or I walk.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Starting to think Lahabrea just has a ton of physical defense compared to his resistance.

I don't see much other reason why Yda, with 3 stacks of Enfire, 50% and 30% ATK buffs, and a realm artifact weapon, should need crits to get above 5000 damage with Ironfist Fire during the realm chain, when Papalymo is easily doing 9000 and higher with Chain Firaja with 1 stack of Enfire and 2 30% MAG buffs.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So I got up to 50 mythril, and this event has highlighted how my XIV is shit.

Banner 1 is better in a vacuum, correct?

• Options
    Kinda. If you score new guy you need to get all their stuff or you are screwed for months since they likely won’t be in the lens shop so that is annoying.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    YOLO'd it:

1/11 disco

New guy G+

Worst item on the banner?

• Options
    That’s her Vercure party heal, right? Yeah, sorry about that one.

• Options
    Clear those caches

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I made the mistake of using 3 tickets on FFXIV before the eventual refresh. But I’m ok with that for 2 reasons. First, the stuff I’m aiming for is actually easier to get before Alisaie ends up on there without having anything in the lens shop. And second, my luck was shit anyway, and waiting for the refresh wouldn’t have made it any better if that luck had held. I got 3 items from 3 tickets. 1 of which was a disco, and all of which are on the lens shop.

And the last one was a Glint I recently did pull off of the lens shop.

So... oh well.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I'm 70% certain they are using a seed for their rng. I've got multiple dupes of the same item on different banners that is highly improbable
    which makes it so much more worse than it is

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    This Titan fight is dumb. How many times do you have to kill him. It’s so obnoxious. I’m about to kill him and he starts landslide 3. Then my attack goes off killing him which doesn’t kill him because why would it but it makes his landslide go off and I lose 3 people. 1 mythril isn’t worth this hassle.

I'm 70% certain they are using a seed for their rng. I've got multiple dupes of the same item on different banners that is highly improbable
    which makes it so much more worse than it is

My superstition is that the time you pull matters. Someone on reddit has a complicated emulator that lets him run both accounts at the same time and if he syncs the daily pull he gets the same rarity on each account. Which is possible but unlikely.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Titan has four HP bars. The HP is massively back loaded into bars 3 and 4. Landslide always happens the turn after the target marker (s) go out. If you finish a phase while the markers are out, landslide happens immediately.

For the single player fight, slot 3 does most of the defending; in phase 3, slots 1 and 3 will also have to defend.

For multiplayer, Member 1 (the slot below the leader) has to do most of the defending.

• Options
    Thanks I’ll try again with the ai up. I think it is bad game design to need to do that.

This seems like a decent banner

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ah Waifu strikes again.

2/11 Squall AASB2 and Irvine USB2
    2/11 Squall AASB2 and Irvine Glint+

Well at least I've got Waifu toys. If anything this past few weeks have taught me is no more sinking Mythril beyond a 100. All Mythril for the fest now.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    God, trying Lahabrea was a mistake. I can see so clearly how easy this would be if I had a full magic team instead of trying to make Yda work. But with Yda, i'm struggling to find the right way to survive phase 1 without immediately blowing my one Awakening. And it makes me actually want to pull again despite not having the mythril for it.

I just need to remind myself that these fights are here forever, that my team is only gonna get stronger over time (via Magia and leveling up the historia crystal), and that I have very specific requirements to pay any amount of money. Specifically,a banner would have to be heavily discounted (say, 500 gems), have good stuff on it, and have an item selection after a pull. we had that a few times in the past, and it's now my baseline.

Enlong on
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I pulled here since I'm stacked for DPS in VIII with Irvine's chain, so a bunch of Laguna / Irvine / Selphie things would give me an easy-ish Dreambreaker clear.

Instead I got Squall SASB2 and AASB2. Given I already have his SASB1 and AASB1 this is interesting (I also learned you can't equip two Syncs) and probably sets me up for a slow Dreambreaker clear bringing Elarra. Between Squall and Rinoa I can field 5 Syncs or AASBs (and it would be 6 if you could equip two Syncs on Squall) so that's a lot of cap-break capability and probably allows me to wait for the full-break effects to wear off.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I pulled here for Rinoa stuff to make Vaelfor easier but of course got Irvine Irvine Irvine.
    Never pull

Also, am I crazy or was Ifrit the tutorial for 8?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I think Shiva was the in-universe tutorial; the tutorial for us playing the game was Ifrit.

• Options
    Ifrit was the target for Squall's training mission early on in FFVIII, yes.

• Options
    Borderline hilarious holy team just steamrolled Titan.

I was on phase 4 before the first chain wore off.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Ugh. Second Attempt

Screenshot-20201016-232734-com-dena-west-FFRK.jpg

edit: some context. This was

Kiros only AASB. If I had his USB this would be 10x easier due to QC. I'm gonna wait for the lens shop refresh to get it.
    Selphie. Glint, USB1,2 and 3 used. If I had her Glint+, I wouldn't have to cast Godwall. She REALLY needs the bar. Her regular Glint is actually pretty useful here. Again, gonna pick up her Glint+ whenever I get the chance.
    Squall. Is actually pretty competent? I was surprised that the BUSB + AASB2 combo with Renzokuken lets him break Rage EASILY during phase 1 and 2. The problem I'm having is Phase 3. By the time I reach here, I've lost my Crit fix and his AASB1 isn't breaking rage. I think using Bubsy commands OR glinting up before casting AASB1 would help me a ton.
    Tyro. I'm having to waste some SB bar on Godwall making phase 1 real tight.
    Laguna. Is actually pretty chill here. Maybe switching TGC for another SB Materia would help out.

Oh yeah, running with a maxed FF8 realm sword on Squall (it's better than a maxed out ice artifact) and maxed out ice artifacts on Kiros and Laguna. I bet if I give them realm artifacts this could go faster.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I should try to replicate this one but it runs on RW:Realm Chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH9UxBlsdxg

Making Kiros go full Dark...it could work I guess?

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Blech, Memory's End kicked me out at 23.5 seconds. Gotta go fast, I guess? :/

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Blech, Memory's End kicked me out at 23.5 seconds. Gotta go fast, I guess? :/

yup. thats why Irvine/Kiros are the real traps imho. Due to Sap, Selphie's USB3 isnt really good.

• Options
    grah. I've only been able to get to 75%. Lack of Elarra hurts. I'm kinda wondering if luckying into Irvine is a blessing in disguise. I'd need to rework into Fire Squall tho...

Trying to slot in my stacked Rinoa without a proper boostga was a mistake too. She really struggles during Phase 1 and 2 with only her Sync+AASB. There's one thing I could try...but I dunno if I want to put so many resources into it. Since there's only one DB turn (Phase 3 start), maybe....I could bring Orran? I'd still need to deal with the damage in Phase 1 and 2...

• Options
    Only her sync plus AASB? Wow that’s content I want to avoid.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Only her sync plus AASB? Wow that’s content I want to avoid.

The point was that you have to have buffs. I had the same problem in XIV, Yda was dead weight even with AASB because all my buffs were for mages. Switched her for Ysayle USB, and actually got more damage out of Ysayle.

• Options
    I think I should definitely be able to roll this dreambreaker, I just don't feel like bothering quite yet?

Tools to work with in FF8:
    •Squall: AASB 1 and 2, AOSB (ice), USB (fire), glint
    •Rinoa: AASB 1 and 2, SASB (earth, and which apparently isn't in my spreadsheet bleh), G+ (earth), two ice USBs, AOSB, OSB, CSB
    •Quistis: AASB, AOSB, G+
    •Selphie: AASB, all three USBs
    •Irvine: Realm chain, USB
    •Seifer: AASB, USB, chain
    •Laguna: AASB, USB, G+, glint
    •Edea: AASB, AOSB, CSB, G+
    •Fujin: AOSB, CSB, glint, USB
    •Ward: AASB
    •Ultimecia: AASB, G+

Which despite EVERYTHING I'm guessing will end up narrowing down to squall, rinoa, laguna, irvine, and selphie, assuming I don't sub in Tyro for someone for his OSB, but yeah.

• Options
    Is that Irvine's new USB? In my experience, the lack of QC really kills the momentum of my team. I've been using Laguna's CSB and I'm having trouble with all the SB that Selphie needs. I'm not sure pulling her AASB would help me.

I'm gonna try using Laguna's SSB for boostga and pair it up with RW:Chain and see if I can get further. If not, maybe try for Irvine's CSB on Banner 2.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I got to ~15% left on Cerebus last night. This is clearly doable.

Behold my "FFVIII but not ice" team:
    Irvine CSB with burnt offering and entrust as skills
    Rinoa AASB2, BUSB, glint, OSB
    Squall SASB2, AASB2, fire glint
    Selphie AASB, USB1&2, G+, including her HA
    Raijin AASB, USB, OSB

Squall can keep cap-breaking even under the first full-break, so I tried to avoid using Tyro. It's probably still better to swap him back in for better critfix, more entrusting, and dealing with the full breaks. I'll try again when I have the time.

• Options
    It's because the first Full Break is only 30%. It's the second one you have to be careful about (70%).

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I think I should definitely be able to roll this dreambreaker, I just don't feel like bothering quite yet?

This has been my attitude on Dreambreakers since the beginning.

I did the break trick for FF9, and then just failed to consider them after that. Being mired in 6* Magicite is probably contributing to the lack of caring.

I did FF7 because I happened to see a clear video on the front page of Reddit that matched what I had exactly, but for realms where the solution isn't obvious, bothering seems like a waste of time.

• Options
    I wouldn't consider them a waste of time. Well, bashing my head and figuring out the puzzle is the fun part for me.

• Options
    Post fest event blitz. Cleaned up Cloud-Sensei, the FF14 event, and FF8 event, including all the MP battles.

MP Gloom Titan was the worst of the lot. Took my Ice team, which headlined with a stacked Squall is my go to team when I need to flex over a tough boss these days.

I might have enough Mythril to pull on all the Realm/Elemental banners once they refresh.

I guess I can start looking at Physical Leviathan again, but I'm being stubborn and absolutely refuse to make Reraise.

• Options
    Physical Leviathan only curses 1 person.

————

This new idea of locking a wardrobe record behind a gem-only banner pull can fuck right off.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Enlong wrote: »

You can just jump it with a dragoon.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Maytag wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

You can just jump it with a dragoon.

Note to self; try this with Kain.