As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

#pipe is no longer appeased [YouTube/Internet Videos]

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Aw there wasn't an actual full video for the engie thing :(

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »

hang the fuck on

"holmes"????

• Options
    that's even more embarrassing than spelling it "whack"

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Actually the phrase did start as Holmes, evolved into Homes which people erroneously assumed was a shortening of Homeboy

The More You Know ©

• Options
    the song is called Yo Home to Bel-Air

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Are you sure? Everything I can find labels the song as "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and the Genius lyrics list him as saying "Holmes"
    https://genius.com/Dj-jazzy-jeff-and-the-fresh-prince-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-lyrics

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    We're having a Bearnstein moment

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Are you sure? Everything I can find labels the song as "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and the Genius lyrics list him as saying "Holmes"
    https://genius.com/Dj-jazzy-jeff-and-the-fresh-prince-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-lyrics

See the single cover on the upper left part of that page.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    so this made me curious, and unless this is some weird deepfake uber-troll shit, apparently the actual original title of the song IS Yo Home to Bel-Air, but due to its release history, the English speaking world only really knows it as the theme song to the show, so everyone just started calling it Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

but it was originally released in the Netherlands and Spain, of all places, as Yo Home to Bel-Air

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fresh_Prince_of_Bel-Air_(song)

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I thought it was Yo Ho

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Trim yon taxi's mains'l and set a course due Bel Arrrrrr

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    so this made me curious, and unless this is some weird deepfake uber-troll shit, apparently the actual original title of the song IS Yo Home to Bel-Air, but due to its release history, the English speaking world only really knows it as the theme song to the show, so everyone just started calling it Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

but it was originally released in the Netherlands and Spain, of all places, as Yo Home to Bel-Air

I don't know if "originally released" is the right phrasing when it happened two years after the TV series started? Yes, technically it wasn't released as a single before that, but people know it as the theme song to the show because it is.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

I don't know if "originally released" is the right phrasing when it happened two years after the TV series started? Yes, technically it wasn't released as a single before that, but people know it as the theme song to the show because it is.

okay well phrasing aside the main point, at least the thing I thought was interesting, is that the song is in fact officially called Yo Home to Bel-Air

because I definitely always thought he was saying holmes/homes/hommes/ohms, and probably most other people did too

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

okay well phrasing aside the main point, at least the thing I thought was interesting, is that the song is in fact officially called Yo Home to Bel-Air

because I definitely always thought he was saying holmes/homes/hommes/ohms, and probably most other people did too

It always made sense to me that he was going to his new home in Bel Air, so "home to Bel Air", but I wonder how much the confusion is because he says both within two lines of each other. "Yo home to Bel Air" and "yo Holmes, smell ya later".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Do wal marts
    as I have seen where someone squirreled away a doughnut that was found X time later and was not moldy or there is the remains of a bunt cake I walk to on the way to work that have been there for months {The city does not clean the sidewalks on this side of town for the last 3 years}

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, look, Ninja Sex Party just made a bedtime lullaby that perfectly captures what it is like for me to try and fall asleep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjPIbxFJdwg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    honestly i'm at my wits end with the liberals v leftists beef and i want both groups to just stop sniping at each other on the internet for like 15 minutes. it's exhausting.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular

If it makes him feel better, someone doing to opposite would probably have a similar observation about leftists. (That is, if a center-left type were in a parallel timeline convincing moderates to vote for Bernie over Trump in a way that was negative on Bernie but still acknowledged him as better than Trump).

It's just something that's going to activate angry assholes without any sense of pragmatism.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    honestly i'm at my wits end with the liberals v leftists beef and i want both groups to just stop sniping at each other on the internet for like 15 minutes. it's exhausting.

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy is the democratic party

• Options
    edited October 2020

the best* part of this tweet is all the people in the replies doing the exact thing that he's criticizing

*worst

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I heard this song on the radio, and it is good. So good I forced myself to remember it so that I could check them out. The video for it is really good too!

https://youtu.be/u4HQevc9JE0

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    This is very important computer security information.

(Watch with captions on)

https://youtu.be/rSvBFm_MuXw

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The best part about not caring about what libs think of your leftist takes is that they have to come up with an impassioned defense of a literal rapist who came out against desegregating busing earlier this year.

Go ahead dude, spend eight hours crafting a narrative about how Trump is worse. That dude still is the reason nobody my age can discharge their student loans and thus...still sucks. Overall you should vote for the guy who sucks America, but you can't convince me he doesn't suck.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I do find it odd how many people are desperately invested in angrily berating and/or winning over the handful of voters who make up the subsection of a subsection of a subsection of leftist voters who aren't committed to voting for Biden (or at least against Trump) AND can plausibly be won over AND live in places that aren't already locked in Democratic strongholds.

Maybe just let it go? Use your time on something useful, like helping people who want to vote for your guy but maybe wouldn't because of shenanigans or difficulty or whatever commit to getting out there in the places you need them voting?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Aw that poor kitty

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how new this is, but I just noticed you can now "Join" a Youtube Channel. Which is like a twitch sub. Costs $5 and you get emotes and the like.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how new this is, but I just noticed you can now "Join" a Youtube Channel. Which is like a twitch sub. Costs $5 and you get emotes and the like.

They rolled it out at least a year ago, I want to think.. A couple channels were beta options, like Wintergatan. It's now been rolled out to a lot more channels. I know the HoloLive EN channels are all set up for it. Unlike Twitch, the creators can set the tiers and price levels themselves. I don't know how much YouTube takes off the top, of course.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    I do find it odd how many people are desperately invested in angrily berating and/or winning over the handful of voters who make up the subsection of a subsection of a subsection of leftist voters who aren't committed to voting for Biden (or at least against Trump) AND can plausibly be won over AND live in places that aren't already locked in Democratic strongholds.

Maybe just let it go? Use your time on something useful, like helping people who want to vote for your guy but maybe wouldn't because of shenanigans or difficulty or whatever commit to getting out there in the places you need them voting?

I think everyone is just scared, and they react in sometimes poor ways to that fear

Also Biden is a rapist? Did I miss something?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I didn't know where else to put this and I'm sorry I'm so so sorry you guys.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2grlxmubrLM

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    Kamar wrote: »

I think everyone is just scared, and they react in sometimes poor ways to that fear

Also Biden is a rapist? Did I miss something?

A million years ago in March, Tara Reade accused him of sexually assaulting her. Instead of elaborating or opining I'll just link the Wiki article, it's pretty thorough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden_sexual_assault_allegation

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Aw that poor kitty

It's all fun and games until the cat starts stress peeing all over the house

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I didn't know where else to put this and I'm sorry I'm so so sorry you guys.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2grlxmubrLM
    So it's... trying to sell laptops... but frames like a sperm bank ad? I am so confused. Like, nothing on the link they provide actually references anything in the ad.

Guessing it's meant to be a viral "get attention by being random" ad.

This discussion has been closed.