As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Adventures in Lordran - or tales of brave Sir Onion

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    ds3 brings back a bunch of weapons with hyper-armor/poise at least

ds2 easy mode is 30 ADP, flynns ring, naked, and a rapier with human pine resin

Flynn's Ring in 2 is based on what you can equip, not what you are equipping, so as long as your maximum is low enough you don't have to be naked.

Unless that's what you're into.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I have not picked up one of these games recently and I have never played DS2 so this post is just to keep Moriveth from feeling lonely in here

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Kamar wrote: »

Flynn's Ring in 2 is based on what you can equip, not what you are equipping, so as long as your maximum is low enough you don't have to be naked.

EDIT: I misunderstood what you're saying cause I got the poo brain

you max out the bonus at 60 equip load

PiptheFair on
    edited October 2020

other way around, it's a flat number not percentage of equip load

https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Flynn's+Ring

That doesn't contradict what I said? It's based on what your Maximum Equip Load is.

So you can wear what you want within that 60 units of Equip Load (10 Vit+Third Dragon Ring) without changing the damage bonus.

If your maximum equip load is 70 units, you're losing damage even if you only have 60 equipped.

Kamar on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I’ve beaten the old iron king, looking glass knight, rotten, dragonslayers, and... probably a couple other bosses tonight

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    You only have a dozen more dudes in armor to go then.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Did you find the secrets in black gulch?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I
    Fought the giants and got the key, and also met the dark covenant guy (I’ve gotta meet him a couple times more to get offered to join)

I actually went into the first dlc area, seems neat! Of course I’m a real sucker for “city built in a cave”.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I started a new run of Bloodborne, wanted to try out a skill build

I'm like...halfway through, ish, with the blade of mercy, and I'm digging it

In the first dlc
    The poison pots on the backs of turtles made me go “oh you motherfuckers”

• mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Blade of mercy is a lot of fun! Feels real smooth to cut dudes down. I do end up usually swapping back to the cane. It’s such a comfortable safety net

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
    I finally got around to buying the claymore and upgraded to +10, this thing is pretty awesome. It does SLIGHTLY less damage than the drangelic sword I think but it's decently faster, so totally worth it.

Shorty wrote: »

personally the blades are pretty bad for pve, but absolutely fuck for pve

you do get to eileen cosplay though

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    blade of mercy might be a top 5 weapon for me

the big plus is the damage ramp on the R1 chain; after the fourth hit or so the motion value gets stupid high. any kind of long opening to empty a stamina bar is like, a couple thousand damage. the quickstep R1 is strong and has surprisingly decent range, so it's still good for exploiting short openings. the L2 backstep move does good damage and is good for disengaging after you dump most of your stamina, and looks slick. the single blade charged R2 is hella fast and it can easily grab backstabs midfight.

Elendil on
    All the places I can currently go to in DS2 are really goddamn hard

Those archers in the first dlc area can go fuck themselves!!!

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Perhaps you've seen it, maybe in a dream.

A murky, forgotten land. A place where souls may mend your ailing mind.

edit: Dark Souls 2 has my favorite intro cinematic. The part when the underwater ghosts come out? fuck yeah.

Depressperado on
    Moriveth wrote: »

all of the DLC should be done at pretty much endgame

Yeah, I should probably go back there later. Man those areas look nice though!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the dlc areas are definitely balanced for last boss levels

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Yeah, I
    Fought the giants and got the key, and also met the dark covenant guy (I’ve gotta meet him a couple times more to get offered to join)

I actually went into the first dlc area, seems neat! Of course I’m a real sucker for “city built in a cave”.

The dark covenant guy should be in areas you've already completed. If you want to know they're
    Shaded Woods and Drangleic Castle.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Also note that DS2 does not immediately end and start NG+ after beating it like DS1 does, so you don't have to worry about hitting a point of no return. You can save the DLC until after the final boss if you want

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

personally the blades are pretty bad for pve, but absolutely fuck for pve

you do get to eileen cosplay though

it's fine for pve, not everything can be the saw cleaver or the whirligig

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    There's not a lot of "bad" weapons in Bloodborne.

For me bad means "cannot complete the content comfortably once you get used to the weapon and adapt to its style" rather than "It's easier with the hunters axe/saw cleaver/whirligig/insert weapon I like here"

You can beat the game with any of them just fine if you build for it and learn their ins and outs.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.

Also note that DS2 does not immediately end and start NG+ after beating it like DS1 does, so you don't have to worry about hitting a point of no return. You can save the DLC until after the final boss if you want

Oh, that’s good! Maybe I’ll wait till I finish the main game.

bad weapons in bloodborne:

rifle spear
    piercing rifle
    ludwig's rifle

man what did rifles do to anybody

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    challenge accepted

my next build is rifle spear

i bet its not even bad

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited October 2020

But the cool ending requires completing all of the DLC before the final boss.

Kamar on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    bad weapons in bloodborne:

rifle spear
    piercing rifle
    ludwig's rifle

man what did rifles do to anybody

I remember Rifle Spear being ludicrously OP before it got the nerf bat

challenge accepted

i bet its not even bad
    i just hate a bunch of stuff about it

no L2s, you get the shotgun instead, but it's a less good shotgun than just using one

weirdly dogshit range aside from the charged one handed R2

two handed has one of those weird diagonal movesets where shit misses all the time

one handed moveset is just thrusts, but they're not super fast or long ranged

mediocre damage

none of the above applies to the charged R2 which is ridiculously busted

Elendil wrote: »
    challenge accepted

i bet its not even bad
    i just hate a bunch of stuff about it

no L2s, you get the shotgun instead, but it's a less good shotgun than just using one

weirdly dogshit range aside from the charged one handed R2

two handed has one of those weird diagonal movesets where shit misses all the time

one handed moveset is just thrusts, but they're not super fast or long ranged

mediocre damage

none of the above applies to the charged R2 which is ridiculously busted

charged r2 everything, got it

But it comes with a free frogurt!

that's good

that's good

Taking the frogurt means you have to fight two super smoughs and two super ornsteins at once

that's good

Taking the frogurt means you have to fight two super smoughs and two super ornsteins at once

Gonna need a crossbow, then.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

You can ascetic the bonfire to see the ending again.

Also this isn't true, the dlc bosses are only needed for a very very cool buff/lore implication. The new ending for scholar requires actions taken wholly within the base game areas.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

I think you just need to
    kill Vendrick.

Is the scholar stuff tough to find or is it easy enough to find on my own

Aistan wrote: »

Also this isn't true, the dlc bosses are only needed for a very very cool buff/lore implication. The new ending for scholar requires actions taken wholly within the base game areas.

Wait what? Don't you need to do the crown stuff?

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Wait what? Don't you need to do the crown stuff?

Nope.
    You need to kill Vendrick, but that's all you need from him. Getting the crowns and his blessing is just a bonus to avoid hollowing.

Oh, maybe you just have to
    Kill Vendrick, which I only do if I'm going to do the crown stuff anyway because he's a slog even with four souls.