As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Instant Pot vs Crock-Pot [chat]

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Minecraft is old enough to commit voter fraud. Feeling old yet?

Yes but I'm still younger than you so we're all good.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Surf what kinda keyboard is it?

Some random Dell membrane board won't have replacement caps since a whole new board is like $5.

A fancier keyboard almost certainly has caps for sale somewhere.
    It's a Noppoo Choc Mini but I'm thinking any Cherry MX (brown if it matters) keycap will be better than just using the capless switch.

Lemme clarify that I used ebay because I wanted a cap that matched the style of the broken one. I didn't want a mismatched typeface or color.

If you don't mind a slight mismatch then you have a lot more options.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'd like to be more pretentious

should I get wooden keycaps

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    It's kind of neat how I saw Minecraft grow to become basically a modern day cultural touchstone.

I mean way neater than a lot of all this history happening in front of my face right at the moment.

• Options
    I'd like to be more pretentious

should I get wooden keycaps

Wooden keyboard, basalt keycaps.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    if your keycaps aren't machined out of solid aluminum are you even a real gamer

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I know I have a lot of options, that's why I'm asking for recommendations you monsters!

I don't want to trawl through Ducky and WASD and third party websites looking for one that will sell me one (1) escape key.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Delivery
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    I wanna do brunch :(

i'm really hoping Peg's (Glorified Ham and Eggs) survives until after the pandemic because i miss brunch so badly

Wait, you in Reno too? It’s hopefully temporary but I just moved back here last week

Edit: oh they have more locations than Reno

Neco on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Apparently Stylish isn't installing Ye Olde Style for me anymore or it broke or something.

Goodbye forever.

Try Stylus.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Apparently Stylish isn't installing Ye Olde Style for me anymore or it broke or something.

Goodbye forever.

Try Stylus.
    I did start looking at the CSS stuff on here once and it was very complicated with like a billion things that needed to be edited to make the backgrounds dark and the text light so I gave up.

Thankfully Stylish decided to crash and is now working again after being reloaded.

e: oh, I guess you meant the extension, not whatever this language is

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Didn't Stylish turn out to be harvesting people's browsing data or am I thinking of a different plugin?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

They do have a shiba inu

That's a relationship goal

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Didn't Stylish turn out to be harvesting people's browsing data or am I thinking of a different plugin?

The tracking appears to be opt-in now but I don't really trust an Adtech company to not pull something again. Stylus works fine.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    My buddy will be pooping his pants in RE7 again.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Delivery
    Now if they said James and Maria that would have been acceptable

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Trace wrote: »
    It's kind of neat how I saw Minecraft grow to become basically a modern day cultural touchstone.

I mean way neater than a lot of all this history happening in front of my face right at the moment.

yeah I look back fondly to seeing minecraft go from a... 256x256 (or something like that) block map where you could add or remove blocks and that was all, to what it is now

or well not now now, with their silly floundering because they are completely out of ideas but the main game

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Goodbye forever.

Try Stylus.
    I did start looking at the CSS stuff on here once and it was very complicated with like a billion things that needed to be edited to make the backgrounds dark and the text light so I gave up.

Thankfully Stylish decided to crash and is now working again after being reloaded.

Yeah it's an open source version of Stylish with better privacy and it works with the same stylesheets from UserStyles.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Delivery

The moral of Silent Hill 2 is that
    if you kill your wife she comes back hotter

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I need aid - what’s the name of that house/techno guy with the serial killer smile?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »
    I need aid - what’s the name of that house/techno guy with the serial killer smile?

Aphex Twin?

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Honk wrote: »

Aphex Twin?

Thank you! ❤️👍🌷

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

Goodbye forever.

Try Stylus.

Yeah it's an open source version of Stylish with better privacy and it works with the same stylesheets from UserStyles.
    I didn't see it in Edge's available extensions so I gave up.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Delivery
    Winky wrote: »

The moral of Silent Hill 2 is that
    if you kill your wife she comes back hotter
    is there a cap to how much it stacks

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    What's the smart phone equivalent to MS paint?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options

Goodbye forever.

Try Stylus.

I didn't see it in Edge's available extensions so I gave up.

o i c, edge

• Options
    Rami wrote: »
    I dunno but Autodesk Sketchbook is rather good.

• Options
    edited October 2020

Which operating system? Paper by WeTransfer on iOS is a simple drawing program. Or Autodesk Sketchbook if you want something more powerful at the expense of added complexity as Surfpossum suggested.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    I don't know of an app that is exactly in MSPaint's niche of super barebones and aggressively digital and pixel oriented though.

• Options
    But pixel oriented in a raw, uncaring way, without any niceties you'd desire for pixel art.

MSPaint is so unique. It does not give a fuck about you.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I dunno but Autodesk Sketchbook is rather good.

Yeah this worked great, thanks

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Delivery
    gf6xa0906ufr.jpg

@athenor @Orphane @21stCentury etc I went for a maximum dodge build and it was fun

I actually don't think I can get the timer any lower than this (I put it on lvl 2, 7 min per level, and I only had 3.30 left on the clock when I was done--prob cause I didn't have lightning fists, which clear faster). I also didn't cheese with the stubborn roots cause no time just punch punch punch punch

Weirdly, putting on the movespeed and attack speed bonus on enemies made me better against the final boss! I usually dodge his attacks too early and get hit, but the extra 20% attack speed made me deflect a bunch of them, which usually just doesn't happen

oh I should note cause it doesn't show that there was 24% dodge chance on the feather

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Nice! Yeah, I was lucky to hit 20% to get the achievement when I made a run at it. I love Support Fire. I never really focus on backstabbing?

I must admit, anymore it seems like I just leave Extreme Measures on to get 6 heat and then play from there. :)

Also man you have way fewer clears than I do for 8 heat. I wonder if spreading out my runs so widely and just picking them up one by one might not be the right way to play.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Delivery
    Athenor wrote: »
    Nice! Yeah, I was lucky to hit 20% to get the achievement when I made a run at it. I love Support Fire. I never really focus on backstabbing?

I must admit, anymore it seems like I just leave Extreme Measures on to get 6 heat and then play from there. :)

Also man you have way fewer clears than I do for 8 heat. I wonder if spreading out my runs so widely and just picking them up one by one might not be the right way to play.

Oh yeah only the fists are that high because I'm bad at everything else except the sword. I can see methodically going through and clearing with everything, but I'm not a very methodical person

also let's be clear I have done like 110ish runs total, I just don't clear every time

I struggle with extreme measures Lernie with the fists cause there's too much magma, so I'll turn it on for the sword but I figured it would not be a good win chance for me on fists

This is also maybe the first time I just decided to not switch to the tooth for the last bit of the game. Have I transcended the need for it? (doubtful)

• Options
    Delivery
    That unveiled the 8 heat reward from Skelly. I suppose I don't know what I expected it to be but hahahaha yeah ok, thanks Skelly

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

Oh yeah only the fists are that high because I'm bad at everything else except the sword. I can see methodically going through and clearing with everything, but I'm not a very methodical person

also let's be clear I have done like 110ish runs total, I just don't clear every time

I struggle with extreme measures Lernie with the fists cause there's too much magma, so I'll turn it on for the sword but I figured it would not be a good win chance for me on fists

This is also maybe the first time I just decided to not switch to the tooth for the last bit of the game. Have I transcended the need for it? (doubtful)

I only use the tooth at the end if I have 1 death defiance or I have the speed boosts on. Ride or die!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Skelly's tooth kinda sucks as a defensive tool — it's just like a +75 HP, effectively, isn't it? The Cerberus collar is better I think

But the broken spearpoint is the craziest. It lets you avoid so many attacks over the course of a level.

• Options
    Delivery
    Skelly's tooth kinda sucks as a defensive tool — it's just like a +75 HP, effectively, isn't it? The Cerberus collar is better I think

But the broken spearpoint is the craziest. It lets you avoid so many attacks over the course of a level.

idk it feels psychologically good to have a revive--and it's not quite the same because you do not necessarily go into the final battle at full hp, so the extra hp from the collar might be negated

but I also continue to stand by stubborn defiance instead of the other one, because I want to reserve the right to die in asphodel by stepping into magma, and everyone believes that's suboptimal, so I accept that my playstyle (low skill, high death, etc) is not universal nor are my trinket choices

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @credeiki I did a level 3 clear pretty similar to what you did last night. Today I tried out the spear and got fully loaded at the end with the zeus cast and the combo that does lightning around unrecovered blood stones. So much damage.

0k9qfgva7ixf.png

The Aspect of Hades spear is really good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    They said hey, is there any way you can come in tomorrow even though you’re scheduled off

I said sure, I’m already at 40 hours so I’ll grudgingly take some overtime

They said, we just need you for a four hour shift

I said, no, if I’m already putting on my uniform and driving here, I’m working my standard eight hour shift to get the most from the OT

They said something, I said fuck you pay me, and I ended up with a 48 hour week so that’s good

This discussion has been closed.