As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adventures in Lordran - or tales of brave Sir Onion

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Is the scholar stuff tough to find or is it easy enough to find on my own

As long as you're lighting bonfires you'll get on most of the path yourself.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    qj8ibu9ev3ai.jpeg

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    So I'm like uhanus and gyen away from no gods only me dark souls is fight kalameet but I barely like fighting monsters and I enjoyed blood borne but I'm not interested in another dance to figure out how many souls spears I can jam in

Atorias fell extremely quickly but I can also see why people love it, it's the only fight that feels natural and not off hoping the ai follows the weird ffv xdeath rng style command list of perfect rng to not make it a shit fest

Is there a burlap sack helm in ds2 so I can be a dual club welding naked sackman cause I'm curious where the game goes before bloodborne a kind fun but dumb monsters (this is all imo)

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to follow that you might need someone more experienced in your particular talk-jutsu.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    bloodborne:

the church pick rules and I'm angry you can't get it earlier

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to follow that you might need someone more experienced in your particular talk-jutsu.
    So I'm like uhanus and gyen away from no gods only me dark souls is fight kalameet but I barely like fighting monsters and I enjoyed blood borne but I'm not interested in another dance to figure out how many souls spears I can jam in

Atorias fell extremely quickly but I can also see why people love it, it's the only fight that feels natural and not off hoping the ai follows the weird ffv xdeath rng style command list of perfect rng to not make it a shit fest

Is there a burlap sack helm in ds2 so I can be a dual club welding naked sackman cause I'm curious where the game goes before bloodborne a kind fun but dumb monsters (this is all imo)

I think

- The Cow King has only Manus and Gwyn left before they meet their personal goals
    - - they're calling the run "No Gods, Only Me"
    - On a related subject, Kalameet: they don't much like fighting monsters, because it's harder to read the attacks
    - Artorias was easy for them
    - - they suspect people like Artorias because it feels 'natural' in a way that a lot of the fights do not.
    - - specifically some fights feel that the AI can randomly select an attack that'll instantly kill the player; this is compared to various jRPGs in which the boss casts a "Death" spell.
    - - [ed: it should be noted here that TCK is playing on a low-hp run; something about crystal dragon breath?]
    - TCK is curious if there's a burlap sack helmet in Dark Souls 2
    - - they find it fun to run around as a "dual club wielding naked sackman"
    - they want to continue the series and see where things go, but are concerned that it'll be like bloodborne: to wit, mostly fun but with dumb monsters (cf point 3)

Tamin on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Ugn, the Drakekeepers are so annoying with a slower weapon. They don't stagger and a lot of their openings aren't actually openings with GA windup.

edit: Woo, blasted through Shulva and one-shot Elana in like 20 minutes thanks to the combined powers of 'just run through using a bow to open shortcuts' and 'Crypt Blacksword'. Hope it has the durability to not make Sinh a pain...

double edit: One-shot him too, feels good.

Kamar on
  • Options
    I killed the Demon Of Song. Man the summon is only useful to serve as bait in that fight, huh?

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I was going to edit that post into less nonsense but you got the just of it

I'm just bad at the big monster reads but atorias being the dlc boss it makes sense they got the style of the fight down

But yeah I'ma skip magic in dark souls 2 and just wear a burlap sack if I can sackman rises etc etc

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Is it uh

Worth it to kill Vendrick

I kinda just want to put dude out of his misery

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Yes.

Edit: you may need some things you don’t have yet though.

rhylith on
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I'd hold off on fighting Vendrick for now. The fight won't get anywhere until
    you have a few more Giant Souls.

• Options
    Yeah, I held off for the moment. Currently screwing around in Aldia’s Keep.

• Options

Make sure you light all the torches.

• Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »

Oh I did.

• Options
    today I discovered that those white circles you can find hovering on the ground sometimes in Dark Souls aren't a bugged reticle, they're from a mechanic that barely works

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    today I discovered that those white circles you can find hovering on the ground sometimes in Dark Souls aren't a bugged reticle, they're from a mechanic that barely works

Miracle resonance? Yeah I've never actually heard of that mechanic functioning in a notable way. I mostly just used it as an indicator that someone needed to use a miracle in this location for whatever reason, so maybe keep my guard up.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    apparently it is flatly broken in remastered and the current patch of the original release, such that you rarely see the rings, but at some point in the past it did work mostly as intended in the original release versions (but not on PS3 for whatever reason)

the intention is for those rings to be something you see all the time, like there are four levels to the resonance buff and the highest requires you to be standing near ten of them

Shorty on
  • Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »

Oh I did.

How'd you like
    Mr. Bone's Wild Ride?

• Options
    So, I fucked up and ate the giant soul I got from the giants in black gulch earlier

now I'm fighting Vendrick with 3 giant souls, which... it's doable, but man, it's slow.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Is the scholar stuff tough to find or is it easy enough to find on my own

The Scholar Edition changed the key placement to the DLC areas to very obscure locations, in the base game they were unlocked at very obvious locations. Play until you
    Meet Vendrick's memory

As that's endgame, and the DLC is best played at that point for story reasons. You can return to that after every DLC for more lore.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Yeah I spoke to Past Vendrick, so I guess now is dlc time (I have all the keys, and have at least visited dlc locations)

... after I beat Present Vendrick, anyway

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    My first DS2 in vanilla run I left Vendrick alone.

My replay with SOTFS I wanted to do almost everything and the dlc.
    unforunately i misunderstood how the Giant Souls worked and consumed them instead of just keeping them in my inventory. Fortunately there was like 1 I hadn't consumed or was able to get after, so then I had to learn how to use cheat engine to duplicate it.

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    can you still Bonfire Ascetic on black gulch to farm more giant souls

• Options
    I believe they fixed that.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I believe they fixed that.

the COWARDS

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    How about the ancient dragon?

• Options
    I don’t wanna kill the dragon!

• Options
    Could just cheatengine it. Drop some trash item, itemswap it to giant soul, pick it up, done.

• Options
    I’m not averse to that, but also I don’t think I’m quite that frustrated yet.

• Options
    Oh hey my brother showed up and brought my PS4.

I had kinda assumed I would never see it again/that he had sold it.

Time to blast through the last two DLC on my current DS2 run then settle in to replay Bloodborne.

Old Hunters is on sale so maybe I can scrape up the $10 for it and finally knock out the only bit of Soulsborne I've never played.

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    Oh hey my brother showed up and brought my PS4.

I had kinda assumed I would never see it again/that he had sold it.

Time to blast through the last two DLC on my current DS2 run then settle in to replay Bloodborne.

Old Hunters is on sale so maybe I can scrape up the $10 for it and finally knock out the only bit of Soulsborne I've never played.

Wait what, Bloodborne DLC is on sale?

WHY DOES THIS WISHLIST THING EVEN EXIST.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Wait what you havent played Old Hunters? That's practically a sin. Get in there!

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Woo one-shot Fume Knight this run through, that's a nice one.

• Options
    I can't imagine playing bloodborne without the DLC just because that's where all the good weapons are

• Options
    The trick is to play on release when no one knows anything about what's good, what's bad, or even what's what

• Options
    The trick is to play whatever weapon you want and just beat the game with it and then be all confused when someone tells you the weapon is weak.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Well, I was broke when I first got a PS4 and the game, so I played without it.

Then I didn't have the PS4 for a long time.

Now I've just today got it back and I am <$1 in my PayPal broke until I get paid in a week (or thereabouts).

Ah well, I'll probably be running multiple characters at once and it'll take me at least a bit before they're DLC-ready anyway.

edit: I think next time I run a character through Brume Tower I could get the no-hit Alonne kill. I'd like to see the unique animation at least once. I wasn't trying for it and he only hit me three times on my kill (third attempt), and there's nothing in his moveset I can't deal with, I just flub it sometimes.

He might be one of my favorite fights, too bad they put that stupid gauntlet in front of him which means I skip him like half the time.

Kamar on
  • Options
    when I say "good" I don't mean "optimal", I mean "fun"

• Options
    Oh righto then.

In that case the trick is to use any weapon you want and beat the game with it and then be all confused when someone tells you they're not fun.