As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] Breath of the Gacha (1.2 out now!)

• Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    I had to get Razor. When you roll a greatsword that conjures a wolf head when its effect goes off, it's basically a requirement.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ahaha... oh boy, Klee's quest. She's just 100% a pyromaniac.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    https://uzair-ashraf.github.io/genshin-impact-wish-simulator/

Make pretend pulls to your heart's content without spending currency

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

I don't need a simulator to tell me it's all "9 pieces of junk, one duplicate of a 4* I'm not using".

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Did a 10 Pull on the Weapons banner and got Barbara.

Very authentic simulation of my Barbara-full life.

• Options
    I did some pulls and first I was all "whoa, look at all this cool stuff" and then I looked at the cost. Then I was all "who needs all this crap anyways". If I had a few hundred extra I'd rather buy a few AAA games than get a few digital waifus in this one. I guess I'm just not born to be a whale.

That said I respect all the whales and whale-lites who pay enough that I get to keep on playing as well. Thank you for your service. :P

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    First off: Forum bug.

Second: Been playing this for a week and change. Having fun. Just gave Razor an upgraded Debate Club at the end of my recent play session. Should’ve done it before but oh well.

Third: Paimon is emergency food.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Got . . . Diluc? Greatsword Fire Dude. Haven't gotten him to quite a battle usable point, but his moveset looks like a lot of fun, and I like that charge and spin attack that uses stamina to whirl about. I think that was it for my free ones for the moment, until I do more things to get free currency to grab more free hits on the banners so I can get more characters so I can do more things so I can get free currency . . . "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" fades out

But seriously, this is a pretty fun game.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I've still only pulled Venti for 5* u it's, but one of my random wishes gave me Chongyun, so now I have a fun ice character at least.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Got . . . Diluc? Greatsword Fire Dude. Haven't gotten him to quite a battle usable point, but his moveset looks like a lot of fun, and I like that charge and spin attack that uses stamina to whirl about. I think that was it for my free ones for the moment, until I do more things to get free currency to grab more free hits on the banners so I can get more characters so I can do more things so I can get free currency . . . "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" fades out

Diluc might be the overall kill-est unit in the game right now. He will serve you well.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Diluc might be the overall kill-est unit in the game right now. He will serve you well.

Overkill, huh? I assume he should be liberally sprinkled with whatever increases his attack stat then? Currently he's hanging out with a Bloodtainted Greatsword at Rank 5 because I figure . . . he's fire, and it's probable whatever he hits will be being effected by fire, if not also lightning. I mean, it's not like I have any higher stat of weapon.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options

Overkill, huh? I assume he should be liberally sprinkled with whatever increases his attack stat then? Currently he's hanging out with a Bloodtainted Greatsword at Rank 5 because I figure . . . he's fire, and it's probable whatever he hits will be being effected by fire, if not also lightning. I mean, it's not like I have any higher stat of weapon.
    Stack +ATK and try to find a Goblet that gives +Pyro basically yeah. Drop element skills to give reactions from supports (Fischl, Barbara, etc) and then swap back and main him. Attack 1-2 times, use skill, attack 1-2 times, use skill, attack 1-2 times, use skill, attack 1-4 times and dash out. He has amazing uptime and juggling. Basically the only thing he can't really fight well is pyro mages.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Early game you just want to give whoever you're using as your main damage dealer as much attack % stuff as possible, and whichever weapon has the highest attack. For Diluc you can eventually craft the 4* greatsword Prototype Animus (there is a sidequest relatively early that gives you the prototype mat you need to craft it); it's one of the best greatswords in the game, only outshined by whale gacha 5* weapons, and not by much.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    So far my Diluc + Debate Club has served me well, but I'm relatively early still after hitting adventure rank 17.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Alright, one thing I think miHoYo is going to have to explore is some sort of CC DR because some challenges can become really fucking obnoxious when it's frozen, frozen, frozen and knock back attack, frozen, frozen, fuck you this was a time event. It makes some thing really unfun if you prefer a melee style and they throw a time challenge that just does constant CC chains.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Leveling skills starts getting fucking expensive. I probably won't take my main and alternate team members past 4 anytime soon (though half of them I still need to take there).

pfXWTrU.png

But Razor is my main dps and deserves it.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Alright, one thing I think miHoYo is going to have to explore is some sort of CC DR because some challenges can become really fucking obnoxious when it's frozen, frozen, frozen and knock back attack, frozen, frozen, fuck you this was a time event. It makes some thing really unfun if you prefer a melee style and they throw a time challenge that just does constant CC chains.

This was frustrating me too, until I embraced the dashing out of crap. I can mostly avoid getting cheesed so long as I haven't spent all my stam on charged attacks.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    The various double element party boosts reduce the effect of other elements. Isn’t one of them good for stopping freeze?

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    C6 Fischl or Noelle will beat out a c0 Diluc in DPS. Noelle for a few reasons is really the best. Both because she scales to attack and def so you're double dipping but also because her big sword mode ult is 100% Geo instead of the mixed damage of Razor and Diluc so you can stack geo damage as well and get full benefit. She's really interesting.

Fischl just gets insane levels of help in her constellation and there are some incredible bows. All the better if you get good at animation cancelling her.

But in the end people have been clearing abyss with all kinds of teams as they finally get properly geared so it's more important to just make sure you can break shields. Also to know that you can kind of brute force abyss by building teams for reach floor and just scraping by the others and 3* them individually.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1hf4y1D7Rv/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.0

Just because it's funny

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I leveled up Xiangling and she works great with Baidou but when I swapped Amber out I was left without any sort of ranged in my team. Had to run away from a hilcurl that was in an unclimbable tower, then had to bail from the Oceanid fight when it spawned a bunch of strafing birds and I couldn't do anything to them. Ugh.

• Options
    akjak wrote: »

This was frustrating me too, until I embraced the dashing out of crap. I can mostly avoid getting cheesed so long as I haven't spent all my stam on charged attacks.

It helps, but sometimes you have the miss time; especially, if you're melee and something gets behind you for any reason. Then it gets annoying, partly because they like to spawn enemies with really obnoxious shit in packs, that drop at the same time, so they usually line up their really obnoxious stuff at the same time. The treasure hoarders that chuck explosives are another one that come to mind that can be really annoying if you don't get timing right.

All that said, with my world leveled up now. Going to need to do a little research and figure out where I'm lagging on upgrades. I've been dumping stuff into artifacts and weapons and I'm at AR 22. So either I need to do more of that on more characters or I'm missing something. I've been doing the whole elemental swap which is huge.

Granted, I've found some stuff where Venti is just more useful than any other character because you can gather shit up in one spot with some elemental effects stacked up on it. This is rather useful on a number of timed things; especially, if the mob types are ranged units that like to stay away from you.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    He’s also super good at clearing any camp with a cookfire, etc. His Q just hoovers up everything and you get Swirl without anyone else.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Ohhh got me a moana and hot enough stardust to buy razor

Looks like I have the making of a b team with Moana, Jean, razor and xin

With my A team of traveler barbs fisch and diluc

I may need to use Icey boy here or there too

616610-1.png
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I have enough stardust to buy a Razor, but I think I'm going to hold off. I'm already totally constrained on books/mora for leveling the team I have, so I'd rather keep my fingers crossed that next month has one of my regulars to unlock some more constellations.

I now have Jean/Venti/Fischl/Xianglin at level 60, most with level 60 weapons, with Mona, Chongyun, Noelle, Bennett, Barbara in the 40-50 range. I should be able to be pushing Abyss, but I'm running out of time on Floor 6. I'm really hurting for artifacts; I'm pretty sure my main problem is that I am trying to build each one a dedicated set rather than hotswapping a few good ones, but its such a pain to regear everybody every time. What we really need is party loadouts specific down to artifacts and weapons!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

Mona is great. Running across water is glorious. If you want a great exploration team, Amber/Mona/Razor together give you 20% stamina reduction when sprinting and gliding, and the ability to run on water. Add in the Geo Traveler/Jean and you've got a team that can handle most puzzles in the wild as well.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Okay, I see what people mean by the Dvalin fight not being much better when you get past the strafing nonsense. That isn't a fun fight, shame they really don't have the option to improve. Glad to know the strafe stuff is a one time deal. That said, my biggest issue with it is once you get him down, just how much time can be wasted climbing up to get to the crystal.

Also I'm really hoping they optimize things better. I know that I'm not running the best machine, but I've noticed a ton of cinematics bork pretty bad and honestly that shouldn't be happening if my machine to run the game decently. if anything the cinematics should be the run thing that runs without any issues. I know there are other priorities, but that has me thinking this points some other optimization issues that likely are a priority since they deal with gameplay.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »

Mona is great. Running across water is glorious. If you want a great exploration team, Amber/Mona/Razor together give you 20% stamina reduction when sprinting and gliding, and the ability to run on water. Add in the Geo Traveler/Jean and you've got a team that can handle most puzzles in the wild as well.

Mona's ult also just gives a straight damage buff.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Okay, I see what people mean by the Dvalin fight not being much better when you get past the strafing nonsense. That isn't a fun fight, shame they really don't have the option to improve. Glad to know the strafe stuff is a one time deal. That said, my biggest issue with it is once you get him down, just how much time can be wasted climbing up to get to the crystal.

Also I'm really hoping they optimize things better. I know that I'm not running the best machine, but I've noticed a ton of cinematics bork pretty bad and honestly that shouldn't be happening if my machine to run the game decently. if anything the cinematics should be the run thing that runs without any issues. I know there are other priorities, but that has me thinking this points some other optimization issues that likely are a priority since they deal with gameplay.

For the dragon fight when he falls down there's 3 of those little things that make an air current nearby. I use those to float up and over to the top of him which still takes a second but I feel gives me plenty of time to also dish out some damage. Not sure if trying to climb on him takes more or less time tbh but the currents have been what I've bee using.

I do know the first time I fought him was just a huge pain, but now that I've got a strategy down it doesn't feel nearly as bad.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    It shouldn't take that long to climb its neck, it's only 2 jumps and you're there. The first time I tried farming it, I legit didn't even know you could climb its neck, and I was wondering if the fight was just straight impossible without a ranged character. The only real annoying thing for me is that if it does the breath attack, I can use Xiang's and Fischl's bear-and-bird combo to completely destroy the shield in one cycle, but then I don't have the bird for the crystal, which kind of sucks.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, I have finally joined the Venti club! Finally got my first 5 star, and just under the wire, too! Now I just have to scrounge together some Mora to level him up.

jldqphP.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Abyss clearing going pretty well.. max stars through level 6; missed 1 star on floor 7.
    Floor 8 though... oof, Razor is not built enough to survive Floor 2. His artifacts are definitely too low but I am out of junk artifacts to level them.

• Options
    So is there a leave party button and I'm just missing that? If so is that only when you aren't the party lead? Done some of the co-op event and well, it'd be easier and quicker to leave group sometimes, but wasn't able to find out how without logging. I want to say I'm missing something and the devs just have it tucked away in some obscure way.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Go to the co-op menu it’s there.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Next banner looks confirmed to be Klee as the 5*, with Noelle, Xingqiu, and Sucrose as the 4* rate ups. I don't really have a lot of interest in another catalyst user, but I really want to unlock Xingqiu's first constellation.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    C6 Fischl or Noelle will beat out a c0 Diluc in DPS. Noelle for a few reasons is really the best. Both because she scales to attack and def so you're double dipping but also because her big sword mode ult is 100% Geo instead of the mixed damage of Razor and Diluc so you can stack geo damage as well and get full benefit. She's really interesting.

Fischl just gets insane levels of help in her constellation and there are some incredible bows. All the better if you get good at animation cancelling her.

But in the end people have been clearing abyss with all kinds of teams as they finally get properly geared so it's more important to just make sure you can break shields. Also to know that you can kind of brute force abyss by building teams for reach floor and just scraping by the others and 3* them individually.

Just because it's funny
    Whats a good bow for Fischl? I thought about using messenger, but I am currently using the raven bow with +50% damage to crit points.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Go to the co-op menu it’s there.

Unless you're the host, then you have to kick everyone. I think, possible i missed something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »

Just because it's funny
    Whats a good bow for Fischl? I thought about using messenger, but I am currently using the raven bow with +50% damage to crit points.

Anything that works with the auto attack. Bonuses for hitting more, bonuses to normal attack damage, that sort of stuff.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Thanks. Yeah, button shows up when I'm not the host. I'm hoping they adjust the host stuff because sometimes you get a party and are either done for the day or need to leave and it seems kind of douchy to kick the whole party so you can log. Just let you leave on your own and maybe it just loads the party in the world of the new host.

Anyways, hoping to get 10 more event runs into tomorrow, so I can get all my primogems. I've resigned myself to not completing the book, namely the 3 minute run. Also try to figure out if the lag I've been hit with in some runs is on my end or if co-op is going to be like D3 co-op where really bad lag is just something you live with.

• Options
    Mighty wrote: »
    Stringless ideally or Favonius if support Fischl. Rust or Slingshot if dps Fischl.

Don't use an Aimed Shot crit point bow with her because oz sucks it up and does AoE damage instead.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Pity roll 81 on standard:
    JKPPg7pl.png

Not Keqing sadly but this is still fine.

XNnw6Gk.jpg