As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Instant Pot vs Crock-Pot [chat]

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I'd love to do a campaign by text but I think they'd prefer video chat

Maybe I can sway them to video chat for OOC and text chat for in-character

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    aj8pu9shv5s4.jpeg

This is what I’m talking about. It comes from Iceland

It’s -very- good

It tastes like being drawn through the woods on an open sleigh during a cold, clear, winter’s night

I think I have half a bottle of that. I'm never sure what to do with it, it's a little too sweet for drinking neat.

Clearly the answer is campari

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    aj8pu9shv5s4.jpeg

This is what I’m talking about. It comes from Iceland

It’s -very- good

It tastes like being drawn through the woods on an open sleigh during a cold, clear, winter’s night

I think I have half a bottle of that. I'm never sure what to do with it, it's a little too sweet for drinking neat.

Clearly the answer is campari

Can you make birch beer from that

• Options
    birch beer is so good

• Options
    (it's the birch version of root beer, not generally alcoholic)

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    If it's made from Birch, doesnt that mean it's wintergreen flavored?

I love Birch Beer but I've not found a palatable alcoholic drink to make with it so it's interesting that there's a booze with that flavor.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Oh god the comments

Also for non Brits. Sainsbury's is a mid tier supermarket, Waitrose is a more expensive one patronised mostly by the walking dead.

Here is a tier list:

Marks and Spencer
    Waitrose

Mid Mainstream
    Tesco
    Sainsbury's

Confusing Orthogonal Branch (excellent ratio of quality to cost but the price is incredible stress)
    Aldi
    Lidl

Low tier mainstream
    Morrison's (despite having pies in their bakeries)
    Asda

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    I am just having a really comfortable weekend so far.

Shoulder troubles abated.

Lots of socializing.

Just enough video games.

Tasty, home-cooked dinner.

Interesting fruit experiment.

Changing job roles in a few weeks so my career stress is super low.

Weather is really nice.

Tidied up a bit.

Had a pinch of rye.

Just feeling very content.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Back in Sekiro! Managed to get lost to the point of saying fuck it, time to look at a guide. Followed the guide, completing some weird obscure sidequests to progress the main story, get over there and... nothing, I sequence broke, the main story is off in some other direction. :tell_me_more:
    specifically I got stuck at the monkey puzzle, and finally cleared it and unlocked the Mortal Blade and the Puppeteer Ninjutsu, but didn't know what to do with them. Looking at a guide got me across the valley, where I'm apparently supposed to land a deathblow on the big snake. But he ain't there. Because there's a whole Sunken Valley thing I was supposed to do first.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I had a weird day.

Neighbors slaughtered 26 chickens that they got for free from the company one of them works at. Chickens just have no survival instincts left. They don't try to run or fight at all.

I watched their kids, 7 and 3, while they picked up the chickens in their car. So my son got to play with them for half the day.

Then we went and they played in the yard while the slaughter was happening. We drank Palinka and I moved water and firewood.

My son saw the live chickens and dead chickens that had been gutted but didn't seem to really put it together. Until he asked what they were doing with the live chickens.

Then I explained they were cooking them. Then he asked if I was teasing. When I said no he asked if the farmer knew about this. Then he said we couldn't cook chickens because he liked chickens. So I thought maybe we were switching to vegetarianism.

Then he asked for pepperoni when he got home, which I told him also came from an animal and he didn't seem to care so...

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    If it's made from Birch, doesnt that mean it's wintergreen flavored?

I love Birch Beer but I've not found a palatable alcoholic drink to make with it so it's interesting that there's a booze with that flavor.

wouldn't it mean birch flavoured??

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    okay so I googled and this birch beer is made with birch tar (incidentally from a totally different type of birch, that I also didn't know about) which has a wintergreeny taste

I don't know this icelandic liqueur really but looking it up it seems like it is, essentially, cheat birch wine (as in it takes grain spirit and puts birch sirup in it, and also, I'm assuming (from the fact that they say "in spring", also, because that's the only thing you'd put into liquor) birch shoots)

and no birch syrup does not taste like wintergreen

(it tastes like syrup with some notes it has been too long for me to remember)

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I had a weird day.

Neighbors slaughtered 26 chickens that they got for free from the company one of them works at. Chickens just have no survival instincts left. They don't try to run or fight at all.

I watched their kids, 7 and 3, while they picked up the chickens in their car. So my son got to play with them for half the day.

Then we went and they played in the yard while the slaughter was happening. We drank Palinka and I moved water and firewood.

My son saw the live chickens and dead chickens that had been gutted but didn't seem to really put it together. Until he asked what they were doing with the live chickens.

Then I explained they were cooking them. Then he asked if I was teasing. When I said no he asked if the farmer knew about this. Then he said we couldn't cook chickens because he liked chickens. So I thought maybe we were switching to vegetarianism.

Then he asked for pepperoni when he got home, which I told him also came from an animal and he didn't seem to care so...

clearly it's not enough to be "an animal", they have to be the ones he likes.

edit: alternatively, douglas adams' theory:
    The four chickens sat in the prow of the boat and watched us.

One of the more disturbing aspects of travel in remote areas is the necessity of taking your food with you in a nonperishable form. For westerners who are used to getting their chickens wrapped in polythene from the supermarket is an uncomfortable experience to share a long ride on a small boat with four live chickens who are eyeing you with a deep and dreadful suspicion which you are in no position to allay.

Despite the fact that an Indonesian island chicken has probably had a much more natural life than one raised on a battery farm in England, people who wouldn't think twice about buying something oven-ready become much more upset about a chicken that they've been on a boat with, so there is probably buried in the Western psyche a deep taboo about eating anything you've been introduced to socially.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I had a weird day.

Rationalization is a hell of a drug.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I had a weird day.

Not all animals are equal! Some are more likable than others.

Or it's the principle that it's uncomfortable to eat something you've been introduced to socially, as described above.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oof. I'm still feeling mildly off, as if it's the day before I get a fever.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Oof. I'm still feeling mildly off, as if it's the day before I get a fever.

welp

rip in pieces

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I had a weird day.

Not all animals are equal! Some are more likable than others.

Or it's the principle that it's uncomfortable to eat something you've been introduced to socially, as described above.

this is why i try not to know many people, i dont need to diminish my food supply prior to the apocalypse even starting

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Instant Pot
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I think I wanna learn how to play Electric guitar

fun hobbies outside of computer stuff

I’ve always wanted to learn the cello

• Options
    I think it's 18 months since I printed the dome, so I figured it was about time to blow the cobwebs off the printer and actually finish the rest of the parts for this piece of terrain.

nugiznczkknz.png

• Options
    This is the whole thing.

dlnd8t4yi023.png

Someone printed a life-size version too! Pretty cool considering it was done in 1862.

zf72zm924y3c.png

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    You ever just get a price of news that makes you shake your head and go ...what the hell?
    found our my father in law was left 3/4 of a million by his partner when she passed

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    They didn’t have printers in 1862 Echo

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »

9h9ivqx08s99.png

• Options
    Instant Pot
    So here’s a deeper and higher-resolution album of my photography from earlier today. The textures on the B&Ws is so nice and crunchy.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Xs5mWwv

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    So here’s a deeper and higher-resolution album of my photography from earlier today. The textures on the B&Ws is so nice and crunchy.

*opens*

sees barnacles

NOPE NOPE NOPE

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Crock-Pot
    things I am attempting to sell on Local Craigslist Equivalent in The Year of Our Lord Two Thousand And Twenty:

- Parallel port cable, DB25 male to DB25 male
    - Parallel port cable, IEEE 1284 DB25 male to 36-pin male Centronics
    - Parallel port DB25 manual switch box

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »

Illustration-Encyclopaedia-Britannica-printing-press-edition-stick.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Instant Pot

*opens*

sees barnacles

NOPE NOPE NOPE

You gots barniphobia?

• Options

*opens*

sees barnacles

NOPE NOPE NOPE

You gots barniphobia?

barney.jpg

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Now I've had some food. Please to be stop feeling slightly off, body.

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Crock-Pot

*opens*

sees barnacles

NOPE NOPE NOPE

You gots barniphobia?

Barnacles are just crustaceans masquerading as molluscs. How could anyone fear these beaky boys?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Pretty cool that the dome printed without interior supports. (The grey was because I wanted to use up that spool before switching to the green)

qjecdgzvd0c9.png

• Options
    edited October 2020
    So this week my sister in law finally moves out and we reclaim our basement. Now we are going to now be on a reasonable number of cats from 13 when we moved in now to 3

Its going to be weird to live in a normal household, now sure how long till we get the basement into a reasonable spot but at least we feel like we have a path forward.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    One of the cats named Judas Iscatiot

• Options
    are the cats actually spiders

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    So this week my sister in law finally moves out and we reclaim our basement. Now we are going to now be on a reasonable number of cats from 13 when we moved in now to 3

Its going to be weird to live in a normal household, now sure how long till we get the basement into a reasonable spot but at least we feel like we have a path forward.

You had 13 cats? Like 13 indoor cats?

• Options
    9 lives 8 legs

• Options
This discussion has been closed.