As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Tried a couple times and just made bone head mistakes. Like running out of MP on AK Akstar lol. I think I'm going to level up HA Lid, since CG Vaan doesn't do much but just break.

EDIT: Ended up getting it finally. Just had to manage Akstar's MP regen move at the right times. Missed out on the 50% TM but then I have way too many of those anyways. If I do get HA Lid leveled up, she should help with that as P. Cecil was just getting demolished with the break on him.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    EXT Antenolla down, cleared comfortably with Imbues and buffing from Yoshikiri and letting dual NV Elenas go to town.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Can anyone throw NV Tifa up with beast killer? I'm out of items to use in IW, so might as well get the Enhancer++.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Can anyone throw NV Tifa up with beast killer? I'm out of items to use in IW, so might as well get the Enhancer++.

Up in Nemesis 1. 3.7k ATK, 250% Beast killer, 255% LB damage on shift form. Base form is geared for SPR and status immunity for the preemptive.

Edit: Oh wait, gonna put her in Favorites because of the Vision Card bug.

Cruor on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    How good is P Cecil? He's probably my favorite FF protagonist and I'm wondering if it's worth 20 tickets to get him 7*.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    How good is P Cecil? He's probably my favorite FF protagonist and I'm wondering if it's worth 20 tickets to get him 7*.

One of the best units in the game. He's the best magic tank we have. CG Charlotte with her enhancements comes very close, but PCecil is just so good. He is definitely worth getting if you have the UoCs for it and need a good magic tank.

We should be getting NV Fina&Daisy next month. They are the first NV magic tank and they are ridiculously good, especially because they put up AoE magic cover at the beginning of battle, so they can cover preemptive magic attacks.

• Options
    Hmmm.... Should I wait? I have Beryl, Basch and WKN at 7*. His Sprite is just calling out to me.

• Options
    Hmmm.... Should I wait? I have Beryl, Basch and WKN at 7*. His Sprite is just calling out to me.

Depends. Is there any content you'd rather do now that PCecil will help with?

Also, worth considering that NV Fina&Daisy were the first unit in JP with an NV safety net (spend 40k in 10+1 pulls, get enough tickets to exchange for a single copy of the unit). So, if you have 45k you can have a guaranteed EX+1 Fina&Daisy. Well...IF we get the safety net, which is in no way a guarantee.

• Options
    Unlikely to get 45k lapis. I'm at 17k and Halloween is coming up soon. I'm a sucker for those units.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Up in Nemesis 1. 3.7k ATK, 250% Beast killer, 255% LB damage on shift form. Base form is geared for SPR and status immunity for the preemptive.

Thanks i found her. Going to have to wait till tomorrow, taking longer than i thought to outfit everyone with spr.

• Options

Thanks i found her. Going to have to wait till tomorrow, taking longer than i thought to outfit everyone with spr.

I'll leave her up as long as needed, no worries

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    This game sometimes. So as I mentioned before, I got NV Edel, which while expensive for me from a wallet perspective, was cool.

Queue tonight me going over my ticket stocks and the dogs leaping on me as I was checking my EX tickets, causing me to use one blue EX. It comes down as a rainbow, and then upgraded to a red. To a effing NV.

And what NV is it? Of course it’s NV Edel now, after what I spent because course it is.

If there story ended there I’d just be super annoyed. However, because of all the pulls, panel rewards, etc, I had Edel already at EX+2, with another 150 shards on hand. So with the one I just got, I got as able to TMR and STMR it, and then break it down.

So I know have a maxed out EX+3 NV Edel with two STMR fists giving 100% LB damage on their own. So I’m mad, but also stoked because my favorite character is my super badass NV now. She remains in Event Slot 1 for all to enjoy.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Update video for Halloween:

https://youtu.be/F-jMk3kcdNQ

New GL original unit, Ibara. Not only is she NV, she's got a CG LB! Base form is TDH mage focused on lightning and her BS form is TDW mage focused on dark. Will have CWA and BS chaining abilities.

No announcement of a step up or safety net, but they didn't even mention a panel summon either, so I guess we'll see with the news tomorrow if there's any safety net for Ibara.

NVAs for previous Halloween units were kind of announced. Shaly hinted at previous Halloween units getting stronger from the 29th on and Alex said that all previous Halloween units will NVA (can't be all since there are 3 and 4* base ones). But we won't see for sure until the second week of Halloween event it seems.

One of the login bonuses for Halloween includes an item that can be exchanged for previous Halloween units, or maybe prisms. So if we are getting NVAs on previous Halloween units, then that might help people get the dupe(s) they need to get NVA'd or EX awakened. Keep in mind that there are also prisms for some of the Halloween units in the trust shop, too.

Ibara looks cool. If her kit is strong and if there's a safety net, then I may pull for her. Excited for Halloween NVAs, so definitely looking forward to in game news next week, which is when I'm guessing they'll announce them. I've got Lilith and GLS STMR'd as well as Lucius, Karten amd Godrea at 7*, as well as a single copy of D. Rain and D. Lasswell who I can get prisms from the trust shop. What can I say, I'm a sucker for Halloween units.

Q&A section asked about whether we'll be able to get unit fragments outside of login bonuses, bundles or pulling dupes, and they confirmed therr are plans for that and to look out for future in game news. So we will probably be getting the fragment dungeon, but no direct announcement yet.

Zomro on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Just for clarity they corrected Alex's statement in the comments saying only some would get NVAs for the Halloween units, not all. Saying he misspoke.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    Just for clarity they corrected Alex's statement in the comments saying only some would get NVAs for the Halloween units, not all. Saying he misspoke.
    Grabbing GLS prism from the trust shop just in case

• Options
    It'll be interesting to see what moves are BS and which are CWA. Her imperils are already listed as AoE's. Hopefully they leave the main damage to ST stuff.

Still not sure how they plan on handling this. Even with safety nets, the idea was that the prism shop was the penultimate safety need for limited units. However, it's kind of worthless for this new NV/NVA era on it's own. Something just doesn't sit right with the idea of "get your limited units to whatever EX level you want now, as you won't have the option later".

• Options
    Did the step up summon thing. 4.5k Lapis for 9 5*-NV units is pretty good value. Did both runs for 9k total. No STMRs from it, mostly 1st, 3rd or 5th+ copies, but I can now 7* Op Zyrus now and I did get an NV Edel. So not too bad. Not sure if I want to spend 5k Lapis on Edel's fragment bundle for the EX+1 or not, though.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I did the 2 Neo step-up laps. No NV, but got some nice STMRs completed: Yunalesca, Archmage Kefka, and Choco Fina.

• Options
    Super lame 9k pulls:
    Paine 6
    Seifer 7
    Tsukiko 5
    Sabin 3
    Firion 6
    Golbez 7
    Noel 5
    Nagi 7
    Cid 8
    Physalis 6
    Selphie 7
    Lunafreya 5
    Regis 7
    Bb Rem 6
    Sweet Luka 5
    Morgana 6
    Krile 11
    Machina 6

Ah well.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm pretty good on STMR's, so I think I'll just chill this round. With Daisy/Fina right around the corner, I need as much lapis as I can get.

EDIT: Time to clear out the friends list. Too many inactive folks showing up when I'm trying to get a specific friend in the list.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Gonna skip the neo stepup because I definitely want Ibara. Dark is a pretty common mage element, but lightning definitely isn't and I love her design. If we are in fact getting the shard dungeon even a single copy of her will eventually be able to get to EX+1 so that's a relief.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Basically all I want is Daisy/Fina and then later Terra. Having 39K lapis I might go for one lap.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    5*/NV EX ticket from the ff2 event dropped Physalis#4. That's a pretty great gun STMR but...not a ton of good gun users in this game. Would be really good for NV Edel is not using two of her own STMRs.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, one lap didn't get me a on of stuff, but hey, that's Esther 4, and Sabin 4. I need to start choosing people to STMR, but man, the moneys.

Also Ellesperis like 8 I think. She's never getting an NVA, is she.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Well, one lap didn't get me a on of stuff, but hey, that's Esther 4, and Sabin 4. I need to start choosing people to STMR, but man, the moneys.

Also Ellesperis like 8 I think. She's never getting an NVA, is she.

Halloween is bringing the first GLEX NVAs, so we know they are actually making GLEX NVAs now. I can only assume that the unit design units won't get NVAs until the new batch of unit design units happen in 2021.

• Options
    Holy hell, I've been refreshing and grinding all day and I've yet to see @Cruor show up in the friends list. I even added as favorite, not sure that does anything I guess lol.

• Options
    Holy hell, I've been refreshing and grinding all day and I've yet to see @Cruor show up in the friends list. I even added as favorite, not sure that does anything I guess lol.

Ack, yeah, the friend list needs either a manual refresh or it just needs to let you use whatever friend you want at all times. There's no good reason to have the list as it currently is.

• Options
    Yeah, the friends list needs an overhaul pretty bad. It's hard to find a specific friend unit, there are so many times I'll see a friend on one tab, but not on another, and it takes too long to be able to use a friend again, which sucks when trying to clear a trial.

• Options
    Yeah it sucks when you set up a unit to help out and no one can find the damn thing to use it.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Wow.

Did a lap of the rainbow banner, came away with:
    Tifa to EX2
    Vivi’s STMR
    CG Lightning’s STMR
    Akstar’s STMR
    Palom&Porom’s STMR
    Irvine #2 (free TMR)
    Op Zyrus #2 (free TMR)
    HK Lasswell #1
    ... and waste of space #11

• Options
    In game news up. Ibara does not look like she's a limited unit, as the summon banner announcement usually specifies that. Also looks like we have a safety net, the list of items from the exchange for the summon coins for Ibara has Ibara herself listed as purchasable with the coins. We'll have to see how much Lapis it'll be, but it's a good sign.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    In game news up. Ibara does not look like she's a limited unit, as the summon banner announcement usually specifies that. Also looks like we have a safety net, the list of items from the exchange for the summon coins for Ibara has Ibara herself listed as purchasable with the coins. We'll have to see how much Lapis it'll be, but it's a good sign.

She is limited, it's right at the top of her unit banner announcement. But yes, safety net is finally here. Hopefully it's still 40k or less.

• Options
    It mentions limited time only. But the safety net is a good start. Most folks are assuming it'll be like JP in that it'll be 40K (or 8 coins) for her unit.

• Options
    Ah well I'm not horribly impressed with the new unit design (I'm not into Japanese horror) and the event looks kind of lame. I miss the ghosts, pumpkins, etc.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »

She is limited, it's right at the top of her unit banner announcement. But yes, safety net is finally here. Hopefully it's still 40k or less.

Ahh, missed that. I'm used to seeing the limited text next to the unit's sprite on the banner thing. But at least safety net is there. Now to wait for the data download to see her kit.

• Options
    Ah well I'm not horribly impressed with the new unit design (I'm not into Japanese horror) and the event looks kind of lame. I miss the ghosts, pumpkins, etc.

Yeah unless she ticks the boxes of meta, easy to chain, and has some good GLEX specials, I'll pass. Her art seems so bland to me (her BS just puts a leaf behind her). And I'm only at 39K lapis so probably better to wait till a major game changer like Daisy/Fina.

Also Cruor finally showed up and I stupidly didn't test my units and MMXon KO's to the initial strike lol. Time to see if I can try again tonight or if I'm SOL due to friend unit refresh.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

Yeah unless she ticks the boxes of meta, easy to chain, and has some good GLEX specials, I'll pass. Her art seems so bland to me (her BS just puts a leaf behind her). And I'm only at 39K lapis so probably better to wait till a major game changer like Daisy/Fina.

Also Cruor finally showed up and I stupidly didn't test my units and MMXon KO's to the initial strike lol. Time to see if I can try again tonight or if I'm SOL due to friend unit refresh.

My Tifa was still mostly setup for Beast Killer so I swapped her to Favorites for you, so you can refresh for me now too.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I have some extra time and energy to take on some trials. First up Scorn of Shinryu. Could someone setup a LB damage, dragon killing Tifa for me? I should be able to knock it out quick.

Thanks!

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Lorek wrote: »

My Tifa was still mostly setup for Beast Killer so I swapped her to Favorites for you, so you can refresh for me now too.

Tweaked my EX+3 Tifa I already had in Nem 2 for Beast Killer and moved to favorites as well if you need.

Base form is status immune and has enough stats to survive ambush.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options

Easy to chain box should be checked with her BS chaining abilities, although none were previewed and we won't know modifiers until datamine. Meta will also depend on modifiers and also if she has good single target options - I am heartened by the fact that her magnus ability that was previewed is single target. As for GLEX specials...eh, I anticipate her just being a good damage dealer but I wouldn't say no to increased utility.

Also, her Braveshift has some more subtle changes. It's hard to see but there are thin branches that hold her up off of the ground/flare out her dress some. I would have liked to see a more drastic change but I like her base sprite enough not to be bothered.