As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Instant Pot vs Crock-Pot [chat]

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    https:/
    Quid wrote: »
    I think I might get a ukulele before I go camping. Seems like an appropriate choice for hammock camping.

You’re a monster

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    That skit was making fun of French Canadians. It was an oddball skit.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Delivery
    Jean wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Damn lol
    The hot peppers on the pizza last night and my inability for my body to digest spicy properly anymore

My buttttt

Things shouldn't taste good if they're painful afterwards.

Pain is the only good flavor

hon hon hon talking about baguettes?

Where does THAT stereotype comes from? Never heard anyone actually speak like that in real life...

Next you're going to tell me swedish people don't say bork

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Damn lol
    The hot peppers on the pizza last night and my inability for my body to digest spicy properly anymore

My buttttt

Things shouldn't taste good if they're painful afterwards.

Pain is the only good flavor

hon hon hon talking about baguettes?

Where does THAT stereotype comes from? Never heard anyone actually speak like that in real life...

Next you're going to tell me swedish people don't say bork

they say "bjørk" actually.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Instant Pot
    https:/
    Quid wrote: »
    I think I might get a ukulele before I go camping. Seems like an appropriate choice for hammock camping.

You’re a monster

Potentially a monster with a ukulele.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    In Skyrim a bear murdered a rabbit, then turned to attack me because ?? I guess it decided it was worth just leaving the rabbit instead of eating it to fight a giant cat person? So I shot it several times with fireballs then ran away because it was going to be too trivial.

Eventually I found the shrine I was looking for, with a dragon flying around in the distance that eventually came close enough to fight. Almost immediately, another dragon flew up, so I had to fight two dragons at once. In the middle of that, I heard growling and got hit by something, turned around, and saw the half-health bear from multiple minutes ago. Wtf. Who is in charge of the Skyrim AI, and why did they think bears would be psychotic enough to limp up a mountain to bite someone fighting multiple dragons simultaneously.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    In Skyrim a bear murdered a rabbit, then turned to attack me because ?? I guess it decided it was worth just leaving the rabbit instead of eating it to fight a giant cat person? So I shot it several times with fireballs then ran away because it was going to be too trivial.

Eventually I found the shrine I was looking for, with a dragon flying around in the distance that eventually came close enough to fight. Almost immediately, another dragon flew up, so I had to fight two dragons at once. In the middle of that, I heard growling and got hit by something, turned around, and saw the half-health bear from multiple minutes ago. Wtf. Who is in charge of the Skyrim AI, and why did they think bears would be psychotic enough to limp up a mountain to bite someone fighting multiple dragons simultaneously.

Bear is likely stronger than the dragons

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

I will not stand idly by and allow this anti-dragon propaganda to spread unopposed

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Oblivion had those damn wolves that would chase you all over the place.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Burnage wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »

I will not stand idly by and allow this anti-dragon propaganda to spread unopposed

Actually this does remind me that one of the dragons got a huge chunk eaten out of its health by a different bear...

Krathoon wrote: »

Skyrim does too. Wolves that will persist in following you even after you get frustrated and turn around and murder 2/3rds of their pack in an eighth of a second with multiple fireballs.

I get that they don't want Skyrim to be super... such that you walk for forever with nothing happening, but I definitely think the animal AI could've used more work.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    good morning

something that has been cracking me up about Swedish ESO guild is our discord signups for events

if the event has a limited number of spaces available, every time there will be n-1 signups and then like half a dozen people signed up as tentative so that nobody takes the last slot

Dutch politeness has a last cookie problem, where noone will eat the last snack on a plate.
    If you do want to, you basically have to ask permission of anyone else involved
    The first person to ask will always get this, but you've got to do it
    This only disappears when group sizes go beyond 10 or so.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Skyrim does too. Wolves that will persist in following you even after you get frustrated and turn around and murder 2/3rds of their pack in an eighth of a second with multiple fireballs.

I get that they don't want Skyrim to be super... such that you walk for forever with nothing happening, but I definitely think the animal AI could've used more work.

This happens with the bandits, too

Theoretically a fight can go so badly for them that they'll scatter and flee, but this only seems to happen once most of them are dead and the last one or two are down to their last sliver of health

Even then they seem to more or less immediately rally and come back at you

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yay, dad's being moved out of the ICU.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    desc on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Pretty cool that the dome printed without interior supports. (The grey was because I wanted to use up that spool before switching to the green)

qjecdgzvd0c9.png

yo @Echo how'd ya do this? Fuse leftover filament onto a new spool?

Oh brilliant
    Shivahn how many dozens of mods do you have installed

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Crock-Pot
    SanderJK wrote: »
    good morning

something that has been cracking me up about Swedish ESO guild is our discord signups for events

if the event has a limited number of spaces available, every time there will be n-1 signups and then like half a dozen people signed up as tentative so that nobody takes the last slot

Dutch politeness has a last cookie problem, where noone will eat the last snack on a plate.

My brother still brings up the time he offered the last sandwich on the plate to the table, fully expecting norms to be obeyed and everyone to politely decline the sandwich so he may have it. Only for my sister to go "Me!" And snatch it off the plate.

That was over 20 years ago. Some wounds never heal.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    good morning

My brother still brings up the time he offered the last sandwich on the plate to the table, fully expecting norms to be obeyed and everyone to politely decline the sandwich so he may have it. Only for my sister to go "Me!" And snatch it off the plate.

That was over 20 years ago. Some wounds never heal.

Don't ask if you don't want to know the answer, sucker!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

Nobody knows why people play Gacha games. Nobody knows why these players give actual money to the rng.

I'm not convinced of the ethics of whaling but it certainly pays off

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    When my brother was little, he realised that while guests were around, he could get chocolate biscuits so long as he first offered the tin to everyone, before selecting one for himself. This worked for quite some time before my parents cottoned on.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    A bunch of people are driving by my house honking horns and playing sirens

and it is really fucking annoying.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    $47k

Video game designers (Valve) in 2011 (almost an actual quote): If we knew what we know now when we released TF2, it would've been f2p (unspoken: with microtransactions).

Video game designers in 2020: we've realised it was a mistake to market video games to anyone except the aristocracy, oil sheikhs and tech barons.

A bunch of people with punisher, thin blue line, and american flags are driving by my house honking horns and playing sirens

and it is really fucking annoying.

vrb4nqdxk26b.jpeg

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    $47k

this is almost but not quite my annual salary

it is more than I made my first year as a post-doc

Arch wrote: »
    $47k

How many five star waifus does your labor generate

I’m sorry but this is the efficient free market economy working as intended

Crock-Pot
    $47k

Can't imagine spending this much on anything other than a house.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular

Do I want to have that game in my Google history?

I don't think I've spent 47k on games in my entire life... :lol:

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    $47k

Can't imagine spending this much on anything other than a house.

SMH at this person not even willing to spend $200K on a gaming room.

$47k

Can't imagine spending this much on anything other than a house small beach hut with 4m^2 sand around it.

Crock-Pot
    $47k

Can't imagine spending this much on anything other than a house small beach hut with 4m^2 sand around it.

Ok
    A deposit for a house.

Beach hut would be sweet tho.

$47k

$47K won't even buy the land tho'

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Do I want to have that game in my Google history?

I don't think I've spent 47k on games in my entire life... :lol:

But you can't be sure.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Crock-Pot
    Orca wrote: »
    $47k

Maybe one of those pebble beaches.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm downloading Genshin Impact now, and will hopefully spend $0 on it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Orca wrote: »
    $47k

Maybe one of those pebble beaches.

I don't consider those beaches.

Maybe I'm a little bit beachist.

Elki wrote: »
    I'm downloading Genshin Impact now, and will hopefully spend $0 on it.

You get a four person classic jrpg type party quickly and don’t need to spend anything

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Getting into fights with wildlife has always been the silliest part of fantasy games.

This discussion has been closed.