As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] Breath of the Gacha (1.2 out now!)

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Things the game should tell you about the stormterror fight:

Aimed shot to the face.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Hey, new characters means you have options for expeditions if they have a bonus for anything you need to farm, crafting if they have a bonus or if nothing else you can eventually build it up if it'll work for one of your teams.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Hmm. Klee banner has Noelle. Yep. Time to C6 the Maidterror. Yessir. Also Klee seems ok and I don't have the other two.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Damn, should have passed on doing any rolls after I got everyone off the last banner. Well, outside of the fates that can only be used on the standard banner. I've got at least enough for like 11 or 12 pulls right now. Can still get a bunch of primogems from the event. Also plenty of one time things left, want to get constellations of Noelle because I do enjoy retadin maid rampages.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Are the BP Weapons single refinement like the Sword of Descension?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Are the BP Weapons single refinement like the Sword of Descension?

No. But there's no way to refine them yet. They might be repeating on the next BP or there might be another way to refine them later.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Meh, I have both xingqiu and sucrose and they are both on permanent expedition duty. Klee seems fine, but not worth getting a bunch of 4* I definitely won’t use. That’s fine, just a good excuse to keep pulling futilely on the main banner hoping for a diluc!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Everyone should try to get one copy of Xingqui and Sucrose if just for the talents on crafting character mats and skill books.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, just had the worst Crucible attempt, not sure what the issue was, but after 5 minutes we still hadn't managed to get to the second boss spawn.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    I've gotten pretty bad lag on the event stuff, so that could be the issue. I think that comes down to they need better optimization and the event is really showing that.

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Man, just had the worst Crucible attempt, not sure what the issue was, but after 5 minutes we still hadn't managed to get to the second boss spawn.

I've had a few runs where the crucible wasn't registering the addition of cubes for one or more people (maybe everyone but the host?), even though the animation looked like it was.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    I've gotten pretty bad lag on the event stuff, so that could be the issue. I think that comes down to they need better optimization and the event is really showing that.

The event was miserably unenjoyable for me because of this. I have a great connection so it was something on the matchmaking or netcode side.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    There's only the standard banner up right now. I wonder if somebody messed up? Whales are not going to whale if there's just the basic banner up.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    There's only the standard banner up right now. I wonder if somebody messed up? Whales are not going to whale if there's just the basic banner up.

The Venti banner was supposed to go down today, yes. The Klee banner goes up on Tuesday. Having two days without a featured banner probably isn't going to be the end of the world.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hit AR35, leveled up Diluc + Keqing to 70, and went back into the Abyss to clear 8-3

Wow, uh, floor 8 sure is a lot easier than 7! Gonna wait a bit before tackling any of the higher floors cause that shit looks tough, but I'm glad I have it unlocked at least.

Also got a gold timepiece from the reward chest with attack % main stat and crit rate, crit dmg, and ele mastery for sub stats, so I'm excited to level that up and watch it roll and constantly proc defense bonuses!

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »

The Venti banner was supposed to go down today, yes. The Klee banner goes up on Tuesday. Having two days without a featured banner probably isn't going to be the end of the world.

Of course not, but it just seems weird. Like a shop closing down 2/3 of its area. I mean, why do it? They could've started the next banner right away.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Of course not, but it just seems weird. Like a shop closing down 2/3 of its area. I mean, why do it? They could've started the next banner right away.

Honestly, I kind of like it. I'm not spending money on the game, so any draws I get are from free gems or items, and this gives me a day or two to maybe get enough for another one before the new hotness comes up, I like the rest. I honestly wish more gacha games did it, gave a feeling like there's a rest even if all I'm using is free currency.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

This your first gacha? It's pretty common for there to be brief gaps between banners.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I dunno, my general experience is that there's usually multiple banners up at a time, and staggered in a way that the new one comes up a few days before the oldest one goes down.

People have asked support, and they've said that the pity counter will carry over between like banners. So for example if you pulled 89 on this Venti banner with no 5* and stopped, the next pull on Klee will be a 5* (50% chance to be Klee). So knowing this, I took a look at my history, and my 4th and last pity 4* was a Fischl. I figure, why not go 20 more pulls max and see what 4*'s I get (see what the first one is, and maybe go for a second too). A Xiang C2 or a Fischl C1 would be awesome, and a Barbara C2 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either. Either way, any pity buildup would be kept. And the ultimate lucky scenario, either I get Venti, or I get some other 5* and then am set for a possible guaranteed Klee.

6 pulls in and it's a bloody Venti. Okay.

I feel like it's the ultimate first world problem to say that I almost wish it was any other 5*, as that would set me up for a potential guarantee Klee. But I'm not going to complain. Overall I only did 29 pulls on the banner. I've got 10320 primogems, which amounts to 64 rolls, so I really did not use much. Thing is, the glut of primogem offerings is pretty much over now. And 64 sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. And the math on current primogem acquisition is pretty anemic. If I go hard in on a banner now, that'll pretty much be it. Literal tykebomb cute pyromaniac bomb chucking child sounds pretty dang hilarious, so I'm tempted to give a solid try for her. At least though there's a free trial of her coming so I can at least see how she plays. I feel like I also want a more reliable pyro user. Xiang is great, but the bear can be... unwieldy at times.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    At AR 25, what exactly should I be spending my resin on each day?

I have literally only just discovered that there are open world bosses other than the Element-Cubes, btw.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Honestly, if they did back to back banners. I'd have some doubts about this game's long term viability. Two big marks I have against this game, that will keep me from spending any money, regardless of how much enjoyment I get are. The more money you spend, the better your units can get and the more strong you units you can get. Also the really garbage drop rates. The things that have kept me from bailing. Most of the characters are worth a damn, with a few exceptions that sound like they'll probably get fixes. You can do really well in this game as F2P thus far.

We know regulations on the whole loot box concept, which is going to encompass the gacha game setup are coming. It's gambling. Anyone that denies those two things is clueless. We probably have seen much movement on the regulation front because of the freaking global pandemic, but the ball on that is going to roll again. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing the first round of regulation in less than five years. The way Genshin Impact is setup right now, has me putting it in the 50/50 column in regards to whether miHoYo will fold. If they are primarily here for easy money then, yes they'll fold because that well will get filled in. If they are here for more than easy money and there are some indications they are because cash grab companies have no qualms about shitting on F2P. The fact that it is 50/50 makes me not want to spend money because if they close shop when regulations drop and I'm still playing, it's not going to be money well spent.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    At AR 25, what exactly should I be spending my resin on each day?

I have literally only just discovered that there are open world bosses other than the Element-Cubes, btw.

The dungeons/domains don't feel like they're worth bothering until at least AR30/WL3, because that's when they start offering epic artifacts...and even then it's a sketchy drop rate.

If you go into the leveling screen on a character, there's a preview button (up on the dpad on controller) that shows you the mats they need to ascend, and most of them come from the world bosses. Generally though the elements match up, cryo users need the ice flower boss, electro want the electro cube, ect. So fight them, you'll need those materials sooner or later.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

This your first gacha? It's pretty common for there to be brief gaps between banners.

It used to be common, but not anymore. Every decent gacha now told from one banner to the next, especially when they're new. It's fine, it's just weird, on top of the semi-radio silence out of Mihoyo. I'm sure at least part of this is that the game exploded for them, it's just strange.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    End of week character progress. AR39, halfway+ to 40.

RrXzfoh.png

Looks better than it is. Weapons are lagging slightly more behind and artifacts even more behind atm.

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    That's some S-tier va on Qiqi. I lol'd.

I'm general the va has been amazing. Especially in Liyue.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

I've been happy with the English VA, but the Japanese VA seems pretty good, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFumK_S3mW4

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

Wait until you till her Cocogoats aren't real.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Took a final pull in the last hour before the Venti banner went down and pulled a Xaingling. Put her in my party instead of the Traveler and oh my goodness what a difference that makes!! Tried the spiral abyss with Xaingling using some off-brand 3-star spear and rocked the first two floors easy peasy. Amazing how much just one character can completely change the way the game feels. I think I can probably get past floor 3 once I level up a bit more. At AR25 I've only just unlocked the ability to go to level 50, so I'm 5 levels under for floor 3 and only just barely failing out. I could probably brute force through it if I absolutely had to but the levels are available to me, so why not just use them?

Having Noelle on the new rankup banner is going to be amazing. I'm not sold on Klee and the other two 4-stars are complete unknowns to me. Of course I'm past the initial primogem rush that you get as a new player so I might not really end up noticing much with a lower pull rate now.

But heck, I'm still reeling with how much one character can change the game for me.

26904.png
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So I had a daily to clean up some leaves but I didn’t have any air bending in my team currently

So I tried fire

It “worked” but they added dialog for it yelling at me for burning everything and pretty much saying thanks anyways idiot

I’m amused

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    So I had a daily to clean up some leaves but I didn’t have any air bending in my team currently

So I tried fire

It “worked” but they added dialog for it yelling at me for burning everything and pretty much saying thanks anyways idiot

I’m amused

There's a bunch of ways you can fuck up dauky quests. From memory:

The carrier pigeons
    He wants you to scare them off so they deliver their letters. If you kill any of them, the guy yells at you and makes you deliver the message instead.

Timmy
    He yells at you for scaring off the pigeons all the time, asks you to feed the ducks. If you kill the ducks, he gets pissed and the quest is over. The next day you'll get a daily that is something along the lines of "you know what you did."

The little touches in this game are just great.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Well got my primogems from the event. There were three things left, but after about 10 runs of that stuff, I'm done. Sure it's mora and adventurer exp but that crucible thing is rather meh.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »

So I tried fire

I’m amused

There's a bunch of ways you can fuck up dauky quests. From memory:

The carrier pigeons
    He wants you to scare them off so they deliver their letters. If you kill any of them, the guy yells at you and makes you deliver the message instead.

Timmy
    He yells at you for scaring off the pigeons all the time, asks you to feed the ducks. If you kill the ducks, he gets pissed and the quest is over. The next day you'll get a daily that is something along the lines of "you know what you did."

The little touches in this game are just great.

There are a few cooking quests and the dialogue is different depending on if you provide delicious versions or regular versions of the food. There's also one cooking quest where you -has- to be a delicious version... and I gathered enough mats for 1 of them and screwed up cooking it and had to go gather more mats. ugh.

e: While I'm here... Liyue is SO MUCH BETTER than Monsdstadt. So much. I keep finding little hidey holes, caves hidden just right with bushes covering the entrance or around a corner you're not likely to travel to, under stairs, buildings with hidden basements. All of these places reward with 1 or more high level chests. I love exploring in this so much.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    You can also eat the food you are supposed to deliver, failing the quest.

• Options
    Y'all are weird. 'Something might happen in several years so I won't spend now.' whew. With that logic you should never buy anything.

Also, no, Mihoyo is still supporting the game they released 6 years ago. They are a large company that merchandises the hell out of their games, they are all long haul projects.

Also no, they were not caught 'by surprise'. They did a massive multi million dollar global advertising campaign that might just be the best mobile ad blitz ever. They got what they paid for. The way they do banners has been consistent for about 3 1/2 years in Honkai 3rd, I'd assume they have really good metrics on what works and why. Which led to them using that same math for Genshin.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Not sure if someone posted this already but this is too cute

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Oh man I finally 3 stared 4-1

That thing was such a pain. I feel pretty well leveled and stuff so not sure why it was so hard. But I felt like I needed a perfect run of positioning and swapping and skills and bursts to get it done

Water shields are just so tough. But I did it so, yay!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I finally got through 3-3 yesterday to unlock Xiangling. Pretty happy to get that bit out of the way for now.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    The Venti banner has been really weird for me.

In the first 40 pulls or so I got Fichel to c2 and Babs to c3 with the free one.

Yesterday I decided to try for Venti at 90pulls by buying my way to it. Got Fichl to c4 and I still only have the Xingling that I got from Spiral Abyss.

I hope to hell Noelle will be the one I keep getting on the next banner. I love that spinny maid.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Y'all are weird. 'Something might happen in several years so I won't spend now.' whew. With that logic you should never buy anything.

Also, no, Mihoyo is still supporting the game they released 6 years ago. They are a large company that merchandises the hell out of their games, they are all long haul projects.

Also no, they were not caught 'by surprise'. They did a massive multi million dollar global advertising campaign that might just be the best mobile ad blitz ever. They got what they paid for. The way they do banners has been consistent for about 3 1/2 years in Honkai 3rd, I'd assume they have really good metrics on what works and why. Which led to them using that same math for Genshin.

I would bet big money that they have figures that show gaps between banners increases overall sales, and I would similarly bet that allowing people to accumulate some pulls between them and dumping 4-5 in one go instead of one per day or whatever converts into more "one more pull" sales.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

I would bet big money that they have figures that show gaps between banners increases overall sales, and I would similarly bet that allowing people to accumulate some pulls between them and dumping 4-5 in one go instead of one per day or whatever converts into more "one more pull" sales.

I resemble this remark.

Honkai does its update at 2am one day but the new banners don't drop til 32 hours later. 10am the following day.

I am oft times frothing to pull at that point it it's someone I really want.

steam_sig.png