As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Good Place] Like a Wave Returning to the Ocean

1727374757678»

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Don't recall having seen the official Season 3 one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uolHo5M9eZs

Darcy and the dogs (3:45) I'd seen a snippet of (and will remain awesome), but the "Ted and the Book" runner was new, and awesome.

I've seen the lizard but most of that seemed new.

I can't decide if Sean is Evil-Kevin (from B99), or just regular Kevin with different professional responsibilities.

My headcanon says it's Sean, who eventually misses Michael so much that he gets humanized, becomes Trever Nelsson (because he's still evil) and eventually becomes Kevin. And any other role MEJ plays.

We see all three incarnations out of order, cause Jeremy Bearimy.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    And now here's the table read for the entire finale. Settle in, it's an hour long.

https://youtu.be/xIJl1xtJjM8

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Well we binged S4 this week and then I went back and gave a bunch of awesome and agreed to ten month old posts.

Spoilers I guess?
    Wasnt sure where we were at in episodes so I had about three times I thought we were done and would have been satisfied with the ending...but wait, there was more.

Jason is the low int high wis character. He drove so much of the last season and is probably my favorite character of all time.

Tahini was awesome and is going to run everything eventually. In a few trillion years she will be one of the wise ancients from the elder human race. Think about it and it makes sense.

Everything else was perfect. Michael became a real human and for everyone else moving on to being a wave of good is just the most positive thing you can ask.

Eventually Shawn and Vicki will become human if for no other reason but boredom, go through the test, and eventually all that will be left is what good there was in them.

My eyes leaked almost all night but it was a great show.

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Tahini
    Like the sauce.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    She is a sexy skyscraper, but everyone knows that Eleanor is the total snack; she'd tell you herself.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Sorce wrote: »
    She is a sexy skyscraper, but everyone knows that Eleanor is the total snack; she'd tell you herself.

I disagree, and I think Eleanor would too.

I think she legit might be into Tahani.

MorganV on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I apparently had downloaded the last episode of the podcast and it popped up into my regular shuffle music playlist.

Ended up relistening to the whole thing.

I'm going to declare this show to be perfect.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Was thinking about doing a rewatch and the podcast might be fun to do along side it. Is there a watch/listen list out there? Or can you just binge both however?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Was thinking about doing a rewatch and the podcast might be fun to do along side it. Is there a watch/listen list out there? Or can you just binge both however?

There's one for each episode.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Radiation wrote: »

There's one for each episode.

Yeah, I got confused by that when they started the podcast late. I think halfway through S2? Forar straightened that out for me, and I did the 1 for 1 watch/listen.

It's definitely not something I'd recommend if you haven't already seen it to completion, as they do try to avoid spoilers (as the pods that run concurrent are recorded at different times to the filmings).

They don't really outright spoil things, it's more a "Oooh, I can't talk about something that's coming up", and a lot of the fun the first time is predicated on not knowing what's coming.

But as long as you've already seen it, it's a great way to run through a rewatch, as it quadruples the runtime (each pod averages out about an hour, for a 22m episode).

• Options
    I think as long as you have seen Season 1 already, you can listen 1 for 1 just fine. The first-season developments are just too hard to completely talk around.

MEJ's signoff makes me well up in every single podcast episode.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I think the first episode of the podcast is the entire first season and then everything lines up one to one. However, there is also a Brooklyn 99 special or two in there when The Good Place was on break.

There's a great story of how Michelle Fumero and Stephanie Beatriz got hired though.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I think the first episode of the podcast is the entire first season and then everything lines up one to one.
    Nope, it's 1-1 from the beginning; it's just that they were recording commentary about season 1 and season 2 episodes after both seasons had already aired. They catch up to "live" right before season 3, and from that point on the podcasts came out the same week as the corresponding episode.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Finally had the time to go through Season 4 on Netflix and catch up with the thread.

This is a good show.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    JonBob wrote: »
    Tahini
    Like the sauce.

For the record, that was autocorrect, I know it is Tahani.

• Options
    JonBob wrote: »
    Tahini
    Like the sauce.

For the record, that was autocorrect, I know it is Tahani.
    I'm sure that was her parents' excuse too.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    By the by, I highly recommend Ted Lasso to anyone who likes the Good Place. It’s every bit as funny, every bit as crass, and has every bit as much heart. Season one is now complete, and season two is green lit. The word is that it’s expected to be a three season show.

Seriously, go watch Ted Lasso. It is, as my brother describes it, a healing balm for the soul.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Ted Lasso is on Apple+, which I believe is only available to residents of the Moon

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Ted Lasso is on Apple+, which I believe is only available to residents of the Moon

Apple+ is easy to get, has a free month trial the last time I checked, and people who’ve bought an Apple product in the last year or so have it automatically for a year.

Hulu is the one that has super-limited availability. If you’re not a US resident, you can’t get it.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    By the by, I highly recommend Ted Lasso to anyone who likes the Good Place. It’s every bit as funny, every bit as crass, and has every bit as much heart. Season one is now complete, and season two is green lit. The word is that it’s expected to be a three season show.

Seriously, go watch Ted Lasso. It is, as my brother describes it, a healing balm for the soul.

Gonna re-recommend this.

The only thing I'll warn, is there's a fair amount of swearing. Wanker is used A LOT, and the F is used at least once, in most episodes.

Usually just by the one guy.

Roy Kent is awesome.

One other thing to note, as a plus, is that even though it's a fish outta water American football coach taking over a UK soccer team, you don’t really need to know anything about either sport. Anything you do need to know, is expositioned for you, and there's not much of that.

• Options
    MorganV wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Gonna re-recommend this.

The only thing I'll warn, is there's a fair amount of swearing. Wanker is used A LOT, and the F is used at least once, in most episodes.

Usually just by the one guy.

Roy Kent is awesome.

One other thing to note, as a plus, is that even though it's a fish outta water American football coach taking over a UK soccer team, you don’t really need to know anything about either sport. Anything you do need to know, is expositioned for you, and there's not much of that.

Roy Kent is such a lovable ball of rage.

By about episode three or four, he'd became my favorite character.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So, I have finished the first season and started the second season. I'm not going to read any more of this thread until after each season but I just gotta say, it was a pleasure reading everyone's commentary and predictions through the first season here.

What a delightful show!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Buckle up, buttercup.

sig.gif
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So, I have finished the first season and started the second season. I'm not going to read any more of this thread until after each season but I just gotta say, it was a pleasure reading everyone's commentary and predictions through the first season here.

What a delightful show!

And season two is when Ted Danson goes from good to nigh-role of a lifetime amazing.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I love that clip