As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Give me Malarion Aelves already and break me of my undead curse, GW

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

But what would Nagash say?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

But what would Nagash say?

"MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE!"

edit- I am very curious as to what Malarion has been up to and I also want to see the Tyrion side of Hysh as well.

Man, for a race that was on the decline in a big way there sure are a lot of Aelven factions.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'd like to se a proper AoS human faction that's not chaos

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    That they made high elves into stupid mountain cows for Teclis just drove my elf boner right into the ground. I can't count on them to not fuck up the remaining 2.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Malarion Aelves shall be mountain dwelling forge masters with a penchant for industry and an inescapable hunger for treasures that leads them to dig deep and greedily.

Tyrion Aelves shall be barbaric tribesmen who live to crush their enemies, to see them driven before them, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

If they at least had proper pointy helmets. The mountain spirits are fine, I think. Eltharion is cool. The cavalry is okay. The rest doesn't do it for me at all. Maybe the floating mage. High elf updates seem like a monkeys paw.
    Old metal infantry had maybe the best archers and generally the best unit champions. First generation plastic spear elves and archers were pretty great for the time but we're getting long in the tooth. Than, plastic update for archers, spears, silver helms, yay...ugh. just way worse than all the models they were replacing. Just so chunky.
    Then a bit of an golden age with the Diaz and Footitt metal units and characters. Then good looking plastic elites, the fantastic plastic sea guard models. Golden age...end times. Most of it discontinued. Than they're back! pointy elves! With that teaser with all the old school concept art from way back!...realm lords...these are not at all the pointy elves you teased....oh at least the Paul Dainton teclis artwork loos very sexy...model reveal, sleepy teclis in his pyjamas.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The cow elves just baffle me. They're so close to being great models but almost every unit has something which makes it look off.

edited October 2020
    Burnage wrote: »
    The cow elves just baffle me. They're so close to being great models but almost every unit has something which makes it look off.

That's the most annoying part. You can clearly see that there might be a great concept in there. A bunch of more east Asian influences in parts of the clothes and armour and hats instead of the more Mediterranean, middle Eastern look they used to have, but the execution is just in this uncanny valley

Also they have some really stuff competition, because I think GW is killing it with their AoS Chaos, gobbo, and undead stuff.

honovere on
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    They just needed to not include cattle motifs

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Khraul wrote: »
    They just needed to not include cattle motifs

Yup. The minis that don't have that - the first they ever showed - were perfect. Then ... disaster.

It's a shining example of what not to do with the broadness of AoS. Especially when you hyped them up as "proper pointy elves".

Maybe that's what made them go so safe with giants. Probably not given how long things are in development.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I can accept the cows, but not the cow hats.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Yep, the two big models of the Avalenor Stoneheart King and Alarith Spirit of the Mountain both look good, even with the cow heads. Even Teclis and his mount dont look too bad.

The Alarith Stonemage and Alarith Stoneguard both look silly with their hats, the Stonemage hat would look fine on the Stoneguards, but the Stoneguard cow totempole hats are just irredeemable.

The Vanari Dawnriders, Wardens, and Sentinels all look pretty good, and I will always be a fanboy for the Light of Eltharion.

Scinari Cathallar is fairly uninspired, but not bad.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski

Yep, the two big models of the Avalenor Stoneheart King and Alarith Spirit of the Mountain both look good, even with the cow heads. Even Teclis and his mount dont look too bad.

The Alarith Stonemage and Alarith Stoneguard both look silly with their hats, the Stonemage hat would look fine on the Stoneguards, but the Stoneguard cow totempole hats are just irredeemable.

The Vanari Dawnriders, Wardens, and Sentinels all look pretty good, and I will always be a fanboy for the Light of Eltharion.

The Scinari Cathallar is, IMHO, an ugly model. I rather like the rest of the Lumineth line, cow hats aside I suppose, but the rest looks slick. The Scinari Cathallar on the other hand just. . . man I dunno. It doesn't look like a GW model, maybe? Not sure how else to describe it.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Axen wrote: »

The Scinari Cathallar is, IMHO, an ugly model. I rather like the rest of the Lumineth line, cow hats aside I suppose, but the rest looks slick. The Scinari Cathallar on the other hand just. . . man I dunno. It doesn't look like a GW model, maybe? Not sure how else to describe it.

The core of the model is really well sculpted. Then you add in the outrageously oversized chalice, belt and head... thing, and it's just, like, why?

Edit: I mean, Jesus. This is a shitty five minute photoshop and it instantly looks much better.

kNilvyG.png

Burnage on
    I think the hands and feet are oversized as well. Kinda reminds me of Heroforge stuff in a way. I dunno, I just don't care for the model.

Eltharion, the spearmen and the knights are all great. The archers I could tolerate. The line started off so strong and then they just flubbed it. I like to call that "snatching defeat from the clutches of victory".

And hammers? For elves? Really?!

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I think it's weird to associate cattle with mountains. Like, cattle live in the plains and valleys, like horses. Everything about their body is for wide open spaces. Goats live in the mountains. Smaller, more lithe, agile ungulates.

I think an elven faction that live wild and free, following the winds and the herds, like the mongols or the great plains native americans, could be cool. That's how you do cattle & horse elves.

But for mountain elves, I would've gone back to the Caledor stuff and run a dragons, masters of the forge and flame kind of theme. That'd give the hammers some tie-in as well (although elves with hammers will always feel a bit odd). If you want to give them a more mystical quality than a bunch of pyromancers, go big on the idea of observatories with eagles and the wind of magic that's associated with constellations & meteorology.

Edit: Also Caledor had one of the coolest banners ever:
    3n4tizlcg3to.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brother thinks the Cow elves are just one of the 5 facets of the whole of the realm lords the others are the water the sky the sun and the moon
    The Lumineth are Teclis' elves He feels they threw out the book to see what people said and thought of the army. The mage in Direchasm from the brief view is a water mage
    They flushed out the moon and the mountain of the facets of the realm lords

Whatever Tyrion's elves are I feel will tell the whole story of the realm lords {He is the sun but I would joke around it seemed that teclis stole tyrion's army before I got the army book to explain that}
    I think what Caledor themed will be tyrion's Dragons n Knights as it would be interesting if Tyrion's army is more of the knightly that mages. With the return of swordmasters and dragon riders [both horses and dragons}

As for what malerion's elves are I have no idea since the Dok book says he made monsters with the souls he was given in the realm lords book he is/was in league with shadow demons? Still I am curious

a certain Caledor banner either in the Khaine book or the uniforms and heraldry high elf book was better looking

I bet the water aelves animal totem shall be a Rooster.

Are we certain it's a cow and not a yak? Because that would fit into the himalayan theme it seems they were going for.

The female swordsman in the dire chasm box just says Swordmaster of Hoeth
    The tower on the backbanner and the two handed sword
    Tyrion's thing is martial prowess. He in the Lumineth book help set up the army and does a lot more than Teclis then up and disappears for the rest of the book

Are we certain it's a cow and not a yak? Because that would fit into the himalayan theme it seems they were going for.

Yak would make a fair amount of sense, but I’ve only ever seen people call it a cow. I’ve not seen or heard anyone from GW say otherwise. However I have seen some GW people make cow jokes too though. Sooo, I dunno.

Back to a more positive note, that slannesh warband is just really good. That beastman alone.
    Beastman in a slannesh army as a larger variety that is a bit more elite than the human cultists and warriors could be a nice role reversal from "normal" chaos where beastmen are more like the uncoordinated rabble.

I dunno, "coordination" smacks of civilization to me.

Getting any orgy together probably requires some coordination. I don't get invited to any so I wouldn't know.

edited October 2020

Getting any orgy together probably requires some coordination. I don't get invited to any so I wouldn't know.

I would assume drinks and snacks would be provided and that implies some level of forethought.

Axen on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular

Well, you behaved appallingly at the last one.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I would be all over a mortal Slaanesh army with Slaangors and cultists looking like that.
    Gimme some appropriately elaborate warriors too, while I'm wishlisting!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I've never coordinated an orgy, but I did throw a threesome party last night that went over fairly well.

I mean, there were a couple of no-shows, but I still had a good time.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

I've never coordinated an orgy, but I did throw a threesome party last night that went over fairly well.

Orgy for one, please!

H9f4bVe.png
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Orgy for one, please!

fuckin' beat me to it

Slaanesh may be down for most anything, but NOT people who DOUBLE DIP their potato chips.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Slaanesh may be down for most anything, but NOT people who DOUBLE DIP their potato chips.

That's Nurgles thing

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited October 2020
    If you didn't want the scene memorialized on a canvas of flayed skin and rendered in blood & feces then maybe the invite to your drugged-out daemon orgy should have read "prudes only".

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Apropos of nothing:

nh0ureja31gj.png

Price predictions? I'll say +25%

Is that real or a joke?

In other words
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/20/warcry-shadowstalkers-and-scions-rules-focus/
    l40aeb5wkd4k.png

Iuc7v4wg9us6b.png
    don't have warcry though I plan on getting catacombs but is this good?

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Not a ton of health for so many points but range attacks are worth their weight in gold in warcry and it has a good one.

The ability is fine. Quads arent very easy to cast and if you dont get a good quad its not worth it but itd be a nasty blow if yoy had 4s, 5s or 6s

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The article says they also have a squad-wide triple which lets them end a disengage move within 1" of an enemy too, and a squad-wide double for a small teleport, which sounds pretty valuable to me.

This discussion has been closed.