As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's All Freak Out In The [Ghost of Tsushima] Thread

• Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    McRhyno wrote: »
    Shit, I am way behind... will reach out to you good peeps when I can pull my weight

Also, this Mako ass motherfucker is perfect as the narrator

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Shit, I am way behind... will reach out to you good peeps when I can pull my weight

Also, this Mako ass motherfucker is perfect as the narrator

I want to hear him say "destroy the future that is Aku." I know it's not him but I wanna hear it lol

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    Anyone for shenanigans today? I am going into work in 30 mins for what should be....an hour or so but then buying a headset.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    Tierwulf wrote: »
    Anyone for shenanigans today? I am going into work in 30 mins for what should be....an hour or so but then buying a headset.

My plans include shenanigans all day.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I gotta go grocery shopping but I would love to check this out with some folks in a couple hours

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Playing/streaming. Let me know if someone wants to jump in.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    I'll send you a friend req - word of warning, I go for a cigarette every 30-45 minutes >.< it's a horrible condition.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Send me a Friend Request at Hahnsoo. I'll likely be playing the new Jackbox Party Pack this afternoon with friends, but I can squeeze in some Ghost time.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Invite me/send message and I'll pop out of whatever map I'm in.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Can confirm, Chance has it bad. He doesn't take too long tho.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Man 45 minutes for a tier 2 survival run is no joke. AND with a leaver after we lost a point during a boss wave in like round 10. Beat 20 waves with 3, got a level 80 water sword, reforged it to get +17.7 counter damage and then modded THAT for +9.2 parry window.

I love this game.

Chance on
  • Options
    Invite me/send message and I'll pop out of whatever map I'm in.

Having a cig will invite in... about 10 mins probably.

• Options
    Done with the tutorial and down to play!

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Sadly I got to play a little of this legend mode before hitting the hay, but mannnnn is it fun.

I’m gonna invest some more free time when I can on this and murder some oni/mongols asap.

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    My Legendary items so far:
    htx5a0kr5hnj.jpg

7s9xpijru5k3.jpg

iuse2tuebtme.jpg

EDIT: Reduced picture size, because HUGE

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    That was fun :D my only issue with it is the time inside the survival missions. You really have to line up everyone's invite or else people have to wait forever.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    That was fun :D my only issue with it is the time inside the survival missions. You really have to line up everyone's invite or else people have to wait forever.

Yeah and around-an-hour to do one is just a bit much lol

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    So I have a secret... I love PVE Coop. So much so that my time in Dragon Age: Inquisition is a ridiculously high number, because of the online coop. This coop hits all the right buttons for me and I love it so much. I bought the battle pass in Genshin Impact and love the exploration in that game so so much, but I'm almost through with the full map clear and hitting my dailies for battle pass progress is a priority, but all of the rest of my game time will be spent hacking down spirits (Seriously, invisible enemies are AWFUL... look for their shadows) and sliding tanto into carotid.

PSN is Dyvion. I'm currently in Korea, working day shift, so if you wanna play at a crazy late hour, or super early depending on your perspective, I'm down.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Ok so I tried nightmare survival. We didn't make it through the first wave and I had done 8 revivals during the initial camp capture. Every camp had 3 upgrade Oni (the purple ones with 2x the healthbar) and the rest are regulars. It was usually purple spear Oni + crow storm + Oni archers aka the ones that teleport. If you are not on a capture point, you get the red circle rain of arrows every 5-10 seconds so you have to time climbing cliffs unless you want half your health gone. I'm going to go search for videos of people completing it because that's absolutely insane.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    Chance wrote: »

I swear to god I will pistol whip the next person that says shenanigans

• Options
    Chance wrote: »

I swear to god I will pistol whip the next person that says shenanigans

Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I got my first Legendary item:
    knoc0dvdguz6.jpg

Arrows never drop, refund ammunition on headshots, bonus headshot damage... Yup, pretty Legendary there.
    That bow for a hunter with the skill that body shots have 50% to do headshot damage :eek:
    I don’t know if it is considered as a headshot in that case, but damn!

And yes, you can turn matchmaking off in story mode. You can also activate matchmaking again if someone drops out.

I just completed the first story on silver solo, and it was pretty easy.
    Then I finished the last 5 story missions on bronze with a rando.
    Then I tried silver solo again and suddenly there were 4 crow demons :eek:

It’s going to be great to play this with friends!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Oh, and keep some blue stuff (and epic I guess), so that when you’ve gained quite a few levels, you can modify it to upgrade its rating.

I guess when you are rank 100 or something, that legendary bow above isn’t wasted as you can modify/reforge it to increase the rating, which is a nice way to handle legendaries.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    OK so I 100%ed the game like a month or whatever ago and I don't understand any of the screenshots on the previous page. What is...what is this?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    OK so I 100%ed the game like a month or whatever ago and I don't understand any of the screenshots on the previous page. What is...what is this?

Tsushima Legends, multiplayer mode where you can team up with one other person to do stories or you can team with 3 other people to do point defense. You play as vengeful ghosts in the spirit realm who answer the call of the people of Tsushima to enact vengeance on demons/Mongols.

There's Samurai/Hunter/Ronin/Assassin. Samurai tanks, Hunter is a multi target dps, Ronin has a map wide resurrection, and Assassin does stealth kill streaks. There's much more that they can do but that's the basic version.

There's talent trees and gear loadouts with gear score levels. Your normal MMO colors apply to gear.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Tsushima Legends, multiplayer mode where you can team up with one other person to do stories or you can team with 3 other people to do point defense. You play as vengeful ghosts in the spirit realm who answer the call of the people of Tsushima to enact vengeance on demons/Mongols.

There's Samurai/Hunter/Ronin/Assassin. Samurai tanks, Hunter is a multi target dps, Ronin has a map wide resurrection, and Assassin does stealth kill streaks. There's much more that they can do but that's the basic version.

There's talent trees and gear loadouts with gear score levels. Your normal MMO colors apply to gear.

Innnnnnnteresting. Thanks.

My curiosity is piqued but I think I moved on too conclusively to get back into it.

Drez on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I thought for sure this dropped closer to Halloween! I'm gonna download it and give it a look see tomorrow

My PSN ID is DetectiveOlivaw, for anyone who wants to partner up for stuff! I have very few PSN friends (and no mic) so if we have a Discord going, shout it out

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

My curiosity is piqued but I think I moved on too conclusively to get back into it.

I also thought that.

I was completely wrong.

This is new and fresh and absolutely bloody excellent. You wont regret trying it.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

I also thought that.

I was completely wrong.

This is new and fresh and absolutely bloody excellent. You wont regret trying it.

It's also free, which I don't think has been mentioned

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options

https://shenaniganslh.com

I've been there multiple times...

• Options

Give it a shot. I never thought I'd try it and it's fuckin' awesome.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular

It's awesome and it's free. You should give it a try.

Separately, I have a glitch where it keeps trying to connect to the network every 5-10 minutes even though it's connected. A screen will pop up and it keeps getting me hit or killed.

Sucker Punch seem aware of it, but it's very annoying.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Error NP-31837-2?

Started hitting me last night too.

• Options
    Me as well. It doesn't appear to affect the game in anyway but yeah it is certainly a nuisance

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    That one and a separate one that just says to check your connection to the PSN network.

The game itself seems fine, but it still yanks you out of the game briefly and your character becomes still and vulnerable.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options

I also thought that.

I was completely wrong.

A part of me is mostly worried that I will like it. I'm trying to work through my backlog and I was kind of happy to say "done!" with Ghosts of Tsushima, even though I consider it one of the most excellent games I've ever played.

But maybe I'll fire it up today or tomorrow and check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Options
    I just had a blue reforge into a purple. And purple can only reforge to purples! Lovely!

• Options
    7c6yl7eac5ur.jpg

That's an... interesting... Legendary, I guess? Not sure if that's worthy of taking up the Legendary slot, but if you have nothing else, I guess it ain't bad.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    That is 100% better than not having a legendary. But if that were my first legendary I would be scandalized, and call Ryno's restaurant. I would call shenanigans.

• Options

I also thought that.

I was completely wrong.

A part of me is mostly worried that I will like it. I'm trying to work through my backlog and I was kind of happy to say "done!" with Ghosts of Tsushima, even though I consider it one of the most excellent games I've ever played.

But maybe I'll fire it up today or tomorrow and check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh hey I'm in the same situation too!

One of us, one of us!