As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black Lives Matter Thread 7

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I never thought I'd see the day where black America would try to cancel ice cube over his unwillingness to suck the collective phallus of the Democratic Party.

And yet here we are

ice cube is a raging anti-semite who idolizes louis farrakhan

So is a good chunk of black America. Their kneecaps will suffer in time.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I forgot that a bad thing was fine if enough people do it, my bad

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Ice Cube posted literal Protocols of Zion shit

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Idk it wouldnt have hurt much to just have some campaign staffer meet the guy. Probably not as much as the alternative.

Democrats as an insitutional force absolutely take minorities for granted and while African Americans will probably be the last group they lose a lock on it shouldn't be taken for granted.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Its so hilarious that folks are trying to cancel him for the trump staffer meeting and not the misogynoir, homophobia, transphobia, nation of islam, antisemitism shit that has one for years.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My town had a Freedom Rally and a funeral for a prominent member of the Hells Angels today.

So the KKK, Hells Angels, and a shit ton ton of Republicans were all over all the restaurants not wearing masks and bring racist as shit.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Do you ever think when a cop goes to arrest a Hell's Angel they go like, "Oh, fuck, I recognize you from the klan rally last Saturday!" and high five, or do they fight eachother at the klan rallies too?

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Do you ever think when a cop goes to arrest a Hell's Angel they go like, "Oh, fuck, I recognize you from the klan rally last Saturday!" and high five, or do they fight eachother at the klan rallies too?
    "I can excuse the racism, but property damage is too far!"

sig.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Idk it wouldnt have hurt much to just have some campaign staffer meet the guy. Probably not as much as the alternative.

Democrats as an insitutional force absolutely take minorities for granted and while African Americans will probably be the last group they lose a lock on it shouldn't be taken for granted.

If Eminem had said some anti-Semitic shit would you want the Democrats have him meet with a staffer also or should he be rightly shunned?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

If Eminem had said some anti-Semitic shit would you want the Democrats have him meet with a staffer also or should he be rightly shunned?

Eminem can already go get fucked, because he keeps saying homophobic shit in his songs.

Eminem can already go get fucked, because he keeps saying homophobic shit in his songs.

and pretending he doesn't have a choice.

https://youtu.be/mYsFUFgOEmM

Hayley and laney are in college and about to graduate. I think he has the creative freedom to be less of a goosey goosey goose

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

Cool and good I wonder how many indigenous funeral processions the authorities are going to fucking gas and shit.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maybe the fascists will just let themselves be voted out

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

There's a first time for everything.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

That convo a couple days ago in the Trump thread about how people think Trump will leave the country if he loses had me very confused. I’m not convinced the POS won’t leave the White House forget the country.

Quire.jpg
  • Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    it's a scary thing, but yeah. even if biden wins (which is still a big if) trump doesn't really have any reason to leave office. the republicans will be happy to have him stay, and without them there's not really anything the democrats would be able to do about it even if they had the stomach for that kind of fight, which i don't think is the case

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    it's a scary thing, but yeah. even if biden wins (which is still a big if) trump doesn't really have any reason to leave office. the republicans will be happy to have him stay, and without them there's not really anything the democrats would be able to do about it even if they had the stomach for that kind of fight, which i don't think is the case

The Secret Service hate his stupid ass, they'll be licking their lips at the thought of the opportunity to drag him out kicking and screaming.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the individual servicemen hate him, but never underestimate the ability of management to choose the path of least resistance

The Secret Service hate his stupid ass, they'll be licking their lips at the thought of the opportunity to drag him out kicking and screaming.

i really doubt the secret service will open themselves up to the type of shit they'd catch if they unseated a president, legitimately or not

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

i really doubt the secret service will open themselves up to the type of shit they'd catch if they unseated a president, legitimately or not

They wouldn't be unseating a president if Trump lost the election and refused to leave.

By seating the legitimate President? Surely as soon as Biden is sworn in, that's one of their top priorities? Get him in the White House where he's safest?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    personally I'm looking forward to the Secret Service taking on their role as a modern day Praetorian Guard

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think "what happens if Trump refuses to physically leave the white house" is a pretty far-fetched hypothetical

but my guess is actually that he is a very stupid person and so he'd refuse to leave, assume that this would be good enough, then go golfing and come back to find that all his stuff is on the lawn

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Problem is Secret Service is also beholden to protect former Presidents as well.

Madican wrote: »
    Problem is Secret Service is also beholden to protect former Presidents as well.

Yes so Trump's detail would just physically carry his ass out and bundle him in a van, no? The two details aren't going to open fire on each other.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

They also know that the former POTUS is not the POTUS and the White House is the POTUS residence.

if there's one thing the past five years should've taught us all, it's that the Checks And Balances are even more useless at preventing bad actors from doing bad shit than they were previous. they all rely on the people as a whole who run the government to care more about the rules than about winning, the whole idea breaks down when one side says "nah, fuck that"

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    More than one democracy has been ended entirely because the old president refused to abdicate and after the last few tears I don’t know why anybody would be sure that our norms or government apparatus will save us.

If he refuses to leave(which he has said he will do) we all should be at least a little concerned if nothing else by the backing of a bunch of barely holding it together people who are convinced Trump is going to win in a landslide and are prepped to see any other outcome as their opponents cheating.

Quire.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    there should probably just be a politics thread for the next few weeks until this election is over

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    there should probably just be a politics thread for the next few weeks until this election is over

The poor mods.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

The poor mods.

Feel for the D&D mods, who have two separate Coronavirus threads, two threads about SCOTUS, and at least four active threads about varying aspects of US government policy.

Even if Biden gets elected and gushes magical rainbow semen that cures racism, black America still has 150 years indoctrination poison and ripples from systematic racism to deal with.

All those black folks on parole need a fair review, and that costs money.

Same with a lot of other issues that are systemically racist without any individual marching for the klan

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yuuup

BahamutZERO.gif
    They escalated and burned down the entire lobster pound

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Royce goddamnit you've gotta provide context.(He's talking about this)

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    If fucking righteous anger and impotent fury could be harnessed as a power source I could fucking run an entire goddamn dyson sphere off the rage radiating off of me about all this horseshit. It's also fucking terrible and predictable and fucking awful.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Learning about the continued virulent racism facing indigenous people in Canada is a real bummer as someone who was planning on going up there to get a masters degree before the rona put those plans to bed for a bit

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
This discussion has been closed.