As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Instant Pot vs Crock-Pot [chat]

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    I don’t know what it is but it looks very fun

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So Google Play has disabled itself on my Android phone. Someone recommend me a free music app I can download off the Play store that isn't going to just suck up all my personal data because it's fucking bullshit that Google can decide I can't listen to any of the music I put on my phone any more, and double-bullshit that if I do try to upgrade to YouTube Music it tells me my YouTube account can't be used.

Blackplayer?

That's what I use

The free version has ads but I doubt it's personal info harvesting is any more invasive than google's

Paid version is trivially cheap

japan on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Honk wrote: »
    I don’t know what it is but it looks very fun

the creeper world series is a CLASSIC of the browser flash game era and I am surprised at how many of y'all haven't heard of it

they're quite neat games. Kind of like... fluid-based tower defense game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZl11rI0Cs

creeper world 4 is a 3d graphics full game they're making now, years later, which is neat

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    There’s a collection with the first three Creeper World games on Steam. I finished the main campaign in the first one just today.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Hey, I have a question for the gourmets among us.

I typically season or spice my cuts of meat immediately before cooking. I've noticed that since getting an enameled cast iron skillet, it's the spices/seasoning (Or marinade, if I use that) that makes it hard to clean. If I cook unseasoned/unspiced meat, the pan is incredibly easy to clean.

Have I been doing this wrong? Should I be spicing after cooking? Or is that dumb?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I had to write up a cashier for job performance and she screamed at me for a while and cursed at me

But it was all on overtime so I’m here for it

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    I had to write up a cashier for job performance and she screamed at me for a while and cursed at me

wait so you'll let me scream curses at you for money

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    ki11d5syxvxr.png

oh good google has learned nothing whatsoever

i was worried for a moment

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    ki11d5syxvxr.png

oh good google has learned nothing whatsoever

i was worried for a moment

But how are you going to get promoted if you enhance an existing service instead of creating a new one?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

wait so you'll let me scream curses at you for money

What was that boondock saints line, I’m not always doing business but I’m always open

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    the only consistent thing with Google is Hangouts will always be "deprecated" while still outliving replacement after replacement

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Delivery
    Say what you will about iMessage but apple has stood beside that tech from day one, extended it, and built on it in intelligent ways.

Biggest issue is the lack of portability / openness, and lack of android/windows apps. But, their support of it is night and day compared to the absolute shitshow that has been google's chat protocols/apps.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i think if companies are gonna force players into a bot game for their first few games they should be transparent about it for BR games like Fortnight or Spellbreak or w/e

it's a battle royale game, by sheer statistics unless you are from a relative standpoint far better than everyone else you are only going to win a small portion of your game because a lot of things are out of your control and you have a lot of competition!

like in apex you're usually 3 people out of 60, if you super reduce everything down to pure chance that's a 1 in 20 or 5% chance to win!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    "There's a huge power vacuum in the mobile chat space in the united states, and we are uniquely positioned to dominate it. Our position as steward of the Android ecosystem, the country's biggest email provider, and an overall internet powerhouse with a userbase that consists of nearly everyone means we could easily launch a product and push out facebook, the only major player, and kill off all the apps popular overseas like whatsapp, wechat, signal, line, and telegram. We even have a moderately popular chat app branched off our email business already. What should we do?"

"Let's fuck around and fragment our chat offerings into a million products and launch them haphazardly across the developing world where our hold is weak and there's already entrenched options, and then abandon these services haphazardly, serially burning users in the process"

"what, but that would..."

"I wasn't done. Let's also fucking strangle our only popular chat app in the US to death and instead of replacing it with anything credible, launch a for-pay product that goes toe-to-toe with Slack and Teams."

"oh my god"

"I WASN'T DONE! Then when we've alienated everyone, we take the failed slack clone and make it free and act like this is the new thing before suddenly killing it."

"..."

"Ok I'm done now. Any questions? jk that was rhetorical, we're for sure doing this we already set everything in motion it's too late."

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    In Skyrim a bear murdered a rabbit, then turned to attack me because ?? I guess it decided it was worth just leaving the rabbit instead of eating it to fight a giant cat person? So I shot it several times with fireballs then ran away because it was going to be too trivial.

Eventually I found the shrine I was looking for, with a dragon flying around in the distance that eventually came close enough to fight. Almost immediately, another dragon flew up, so I had to fight two dragons at once. In the middle of that, I heard growling and got hit by something, turned around, and saw the half-health bear from multiple minutes ago. Wtf. Who is in charge of the Skyrim AI, and why did they think bears would be psychotic enough to limp up a mountain to bite someone fighting multiple dragons simultaneously.

Bear is likely stronger than the dragons

I will not stand idly by and allow this anti-dragon propaganda to spread unopposed

The best part of Skyrim is that they never considered that a properly equipped sneaky archer can one shot dragons because they're so bad at being dragons.

So if I one shot a dragon one of two things would happen:

1. It breaks the game and the dead dragon goes total ragdoll and often just slips through the ground never to be seen again.
    2. The dragon has to wake up, go through it's entire take off animation, circle once and then face plant at my feet.

I'm firmly convinced the only reason Bethesda gets away with the janky ass shit they put out is because it's more often than not the janky ass shit is hilarious.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    What was the failed Slack clone? I’m honestly not even bothering trying Google services because they’ll be shut down two weeks later.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Crock-Pot
    "There's a huge power vacuum in the mobile chat space in the united states, and we are uniquely positioned to dominate it. Our position as steward of the Android ecosystem, the country's biggest email provider, and an overall internet powerhouse with a userbase that consists of nearly everyone means we could easily launch a product and push out facebook, the only major player, and kill off all the apps popular overseas like whatsapp, wechat, signal, line, and telegram. We even have a moderately popular chat app branched off our email business. What should we do?"

"Let's fuck around and fragment our chat offerings into a million products and launch them haphazardly across the developing world where our hold is weak and there's already entrenched options, and then abandon these services haphazardly, serially burning users in the process"

"I wasn't done. Let's also fucking strangle our only popular chat app in the US to death and instead of replacing it with anything credible, launch a for-pay product that goes toe-to-toe with Slack and Teams."

"oh my god"

"I WASN'T DONE! Then when we've alienated everyone, we take the failed slack clone and make it free and act like this is the new thing before suddenly killing it."

"..."

"Ok I'm done now. Any questions? jk that was rhetorical, we're for sure doing this we already set everything in motion it's too late."

It feels like there somehow isn't any management at google. Just an empty tiller and sails.

sig.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    good evening chat

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I still just use Google Messages as a texting app.

I think they abandoned development on this some time between when I downloaded it and now. But it still mostly works at least.

Every possible upgrade I've seen for it seems like it's abandoned or gone in some weird direction before I even realise it exists.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    In Breath of the Wild, Nintendo was sufficiently confident in their physics system that heavy objects rolling, falling, hurled, or launched by explosions deal damage to Link and have semi-realistic knockback. It's not perfect, and there's a fair number of glitches that involve faking this system out and killing yourself with something innocuous or using a speeding physics object to knock Link across the whole map without killing him.

But overall their confidence was well-placed and the average non-glitch-hunting player will make it through the whole game and only ever have this system behave correctly. It's immersive and fun.

Now, imagine if skyrim had mechanics like this, that worked well, and when you shot a dragon out of the sky, this colossal airplane-sized animal falling a hundred meters on top of you acted like the nightmare hazard it truly is.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Crock-Pot
    oh just found out we will be getting a big bonus around thanksgiving.
    a biggg bonus
    mm 🤑
    omg i just saw windows 10 has a Kaomoji tab
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

YEAAAAaAaaaahhhhhh

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Crock-Pot
    Dewie I'm glad to hear of something going right for you

sig.gif
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    what's a bonus

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    ( *︾▽︾)

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    "There's a huge power vacuum in the mobile chat space in the united states, and we are uniquely positioned to dominate it. Our position as steward of the Android ecosystem, the country's biggest email provider, and an overall internet powerhouse with a userbase that consists of nearly everyone means we could easily launch a product and push out facebook, the only major player, and kill off all the apps popular overseas like whatsapp, wechat, signal, line, and telegram. We even have a moderately popular chat app branched off our email business already. What should we do?"

"oh my god"

"..."

Google has some legit problems with how it can expand and develop things given how Android works. And yet they keep inventing all sorts of fascinating new ways to shoot themselves in the dick that seem to have little to do with those problems.

shryke on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Delivery
    ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh life.
    TTODewback wrote: »

where

Mim on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    j71xf1pc7ko2.jpg

I've updated my avatar to fully reflect my feelings toward 2020 and life in general.

big feel

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

where

Win key + .

(~ ̄▽ ̄)~

Second tab

(*^▽^*)

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Does anyone know how to hide online status in WhatsApp? I set Last Seen in privacy to “nobody” but I think that hides when I was last online. If I’m online, it still shows me being on.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to hide online status in WhatsApp? I set Last Seen in privacy to “nobody” but I think that hides when I was last online. If I’m online, it still shows me being on.

You can’t.

• Options
    I didn't know about this symbols tab

can I open it as an actual window instead of this annoying bullshit that goes away if I click anywhere else

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Delivery
    We always get a turkey for our Christmas bonus, which is real great, considering my wife is basically vegetarian, but we're pretty sure ~20 years ago someone took the cash/check bonus, and spent it all drinking, so the CEO decided it would be better to give something people couldn't misuse...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つWhy use kaomoji when it has the same perfectly meaning as emoticon

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGiving big JO energy

• Options
    Delivery
    Mim wrote: »

where

Win key + .

(~ ̄▽ ̄)~

Second tab

(*^▽^*)

I just want you to know, that maybe Win Key and . would've been better than win key + because I picked that and it gave me the magnifying glass >________>

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

I have this guy set to fingerguns as a shortcut in my iOS keyboard

• Options
    Delivery
    YOU MADE ME HAVE A SENIOR MOMENT AGAINST MY WILL

• Options
    Delivery
    Couscous wrote: »
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つWhy use kaomoji when it has the same perfectly meaning as emoticon

kaomoji is better than american emoticons and that's a fact.

• Options
    yeah where is the (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ emoticon huh

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.