As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Conquest of Deepnest - Host Notes Up

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    I guess the question with Infidel is whether mafia Inf or village Inf places their vote on J4 after having damage inexplicably busdriven off them from the then purported vig.
    Or if he just lies to get the vig voted off.

Also if Inf is mafia, then you're looking at a successful guard stopping the mafia kill last night, as I don't think the vote record block would stop the kill and Inf was around at vote close.

I'm sorry I've been much busier this weekend than i expected; can you go step by step on that inference to a successful guard from Infidel being around at vote close?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    ObiFett wrote: »
    JaysonFour died green after previously claiming he targeted Infidel with an attack. Infidel said he didn't take any damage.

This is either a lie, which means we vote him out. Or it means he was the target of a busdriver. I got hit for 8 that same night. Did anyone else? If not that means it was busdriven to me (or the person it was busdriven to died that night or the last). I guess it could also mean he was guarded, but the 8 damage I took is coincidental enough to make me think the busdrive over guarding.

If no one else can claim they took 8 damage, then it likely means Infidel was the target of a busdrive onto me.

Adding another layer to this, I was also hit by a heal that same night. I asked in thread for the person to come forward because I assumed that would be a village power (I still mostly do). The person who healed me came forward and said they targeted me. So, this means one of two things:
    1) They are telling the truth, which implies the busdrive is a one-way busdrive.
    2) They are lying. This would mean they knew about the busdrive and realized they could claim they targeted me because I wouldn't know they knew about the busdrive.

I'm inclined to believe its scenario #1. But in case its scenario #2, that would likely imply both Infidel and the healer are mafia, since in order for the healer to know about the busdrive it would imply they knew about someone else's actions which implies informed minority.

I think Infidel is our best vote today. Busdrivers aren't usually a village ability. And it makes sense the mafia would busdrive off of Infidel, fearing his big name would make him the target of an early hit squad.

I don't think this follows.
    It implies that Infidel states the truth about receiving no damage after having the attack busdriven off him by a mafia fellow.
    Which.. he has no reason to not just say 'Yeah I took 8 damage' at that point and not expose himself.

I think it's more likely the mafia took 8 damage after being busdriven onto Infidel.
    And is now not telling us that they took damage.

And I may be going insane and misremembering someone talking about seeing something they weren't meant to see?
    I thought it was in JaysonFour's posts, but I couldn't find it again.

This happened to me the night I took a potshot at LostNinja the night he got killed; I assume this is some kinda SK ability about who he targeted. I also didn't say much that day except to make that point, then I got hammered last night. Might be a connection there.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    I guess the question with Infidel is whether mafia Inf or village Inf places their vote on J4 after having damage inexplicably busdriven off them from the then purported vig.
    Or if he just lies to get the vig voted off.

Also if Inf is mafia, then you're looking at a successful guard stopping the mafia kill last night, as I don't think the vote record block would stop the kill and Inf was around at vote close.

I'm sorry I've been much busier this weekend than i expected; can you go step by step on that inference to a successful guard from Infidel being around at vote close?

The mafia kill didn't happen, and Infidel was around at vote close, so the mafia kill wouldn't have been left on J4 and was most likely guarded successfully instead.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just a reminder that vote will close in ~23 hours and that vote is submitted through PMs today. Take this opportunity to submit your action as well.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    People pointed it out already, but I could have not lied if I indeed got tagged for damage.

I've got nothing from the host so it really seems likely that shenanigans are afoot.

J4 was shady at the time cause he was pretty confident about things that did not happen and wasn't leaving a lot of room open.
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Infidel took eight damage last night. That was me. Then someone else got zapped.

Still think I’m mafia?

He misplayed it and I didn't lie. I also don't really have a lot more to share, other than there are 8 HP attacks that are baseline villager.

OrokosPA.png
    Infidel wrote: »
    So are you guys talking lore, or role? Cause "assassin" isn't a standard term for a kill/role and is a little weird to me to show up.

This is kinda directed at @Bluecyan

OrokosPA.png
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Catching up here while I have a minute, just going to list the current publicly declared votes to at least have a record of that nebulous data point

2 votes for jdarksun (Lucedes 1, Obbi 3)
    1 vote for davidsdurions (discrider 2)
    1 vote for Infidel (Obifett 4)
    1 vote for Obifett (Bluecyan 5)

Gah.
    Why did you necro the Pikmin thread
    I have a Switch now and it's only for RingFit
    This is a personal attack

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gah.

Time to vote for whoever did that eh?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »
    Gah.

Time to vote for whoever did that eh?

I have?

So you say.

(So say we all.)

OrokosPA.png
    Putting in a vote for !ObiFett as I'm still not feeling jdarksun at all, the rest all are pretty weak votes honestly. So I'll vote for a weak voter.

OrokosPA.png
    Obifett is working too hard to be mafia.

How do people feel about BlueCyan? lots of weak votes yesterday, but to me his vote today smacked of jumping on weakness

I'm happy with bluecyan yeah.
    Would also get rid of his spider avatar.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Putting in a vote for !ObiFett as I'm still not feeling jdarksun at all, the rest all are pretty weak votes honestly. So I'll vote for a weak voter.

Explain how my vote is weak.

You were either blindly guarded, which seems weird. Or you were busdriven off of.

In a battle phalla like this, as early in the game as you were defended, it's more likely it was done as part of an informed minority, imo.

Give me a better trail to follow and I will. But this is the best tree to shake right now.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    We dont know what kind of powers are out there as specials. It doesn't make sense for infidel to lie about taking an 8 point scratch so there is probably more to the story that involves more powers. It feels like disc and obifett are both acting very erratic in a way that forces the their will on the voting and I dont like it.

Explain how my vote is weak.

You were either blindly guarded, which seems weird. Or you were busdriven off of.

In a battle phalla like this, as early in the game as you were defended, it's more likely it was done as part of an informed minority, imo.

Give me a better trail to follow and I will. But this is the best tree to shake right now.

Your argument is that people wouldn't use powers on Infidel day 1 without coordinating it first?

Yeah, see, that's super weak and most everyone knows that.

OrokosPA.png
    And I got nothing informing me of any powers either, just confirmation from the host when asking if there was any information I was missing that I was supposed to have.

OrokosPA.png
    On day one, I think if someone has a busdrive they'd use it on themselves. Same with a guard.

On day one, I think if someone has a busdrive they'd use it on themselves. Same with a guard.

Have you played much phalla?

You should know that those powers more often than not do not allow you to use on yourself.

OrokosPA.png

You should know that those powers more often than not do not allow you to use on yourself.

Not true. In the slightest. Especially in battle phallas like this.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

But mafia using it on another mafia member seems like a good strategy. Mess up the seer result if either is targeted. From a numbers perspective that would make a bus driver pair 50/50 mafia which are good odds. I am going by the assumption that it is a two way bus driver.

I do go back to it being the much safer play for Infidel to have agreed with J4's initial claim, rather than refute it if they were mafia. This was pretty much unforced information.

Bluecyan wrote: »

But mafia using it on another mafia member seems like a good strategy. Mess up the seer result if either is targeted. From a numbers perspective that would make a bus driver pair 50/50 mafia which are good odds. I am going by the assumption that it is a two way bus driver.

I do go back to it being the much safer play for Infidel to have agreed with J4's initial claim, rather than refute it if they were mafia. This was pretty much unforced information.

As mafia in a battle game, especially as early as day 2, you've gotta tell the truth or else risk it coming back on you. Plus it resulted in more confusion that got J4 voted out.

Oh, and IF it was a busdriver it can't be two way because I was healed and that didn't get busdriven as evidenced by the healer coming to me in PMs the same day I posted I was healed.

We still have no-one else claiming the 8 damage, which should be able to resolve this if the busdriver is not on Infidel and Obifett.

We also have Obbi claiming 8 damage last night, after J4 died.
    So potentially there are other 8 damage attacks.
    The alternative being Obbi is lying.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    We still have no-one else claiming the 8 damage, which should be able to resolve this if the busdriver is not on Infidel and Obifett.

Walk me through how someone else claiming 8 damage resolve anything if there are multiple 8-damage attacks out there?

Like I'm a child.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited October 2020

Walk me through how someone else claiming 8 damage resolve anything if there are multiple 8-damage attacks out there?

Like I'm a child.

Obifett is assuming he was busdrove onto because he took 8 damage night one.
    Obbi took 8 damage night two, which is either a lie or a second 8 damaging attack.
    If there's a busdriver, then someone else could have taken 8 damage aside Obifett night one, which makes it less likely that it's a single-direction busdriver that hurt Obifett but didn't redirect the heal that hit him that night.

discrider on
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'm happy with bluecyan yeah.
    Would also get rid of his spider avatar.

Not a spider but actually a neat insect closer to the cicada family! https://brazilrocket.com/en/meet-the-ball-bearer-leafhopper-the-world-rsquo-s-most-bizarre-bug.

Now this is a spider pic (warning for arachnophobes):
    huntsman-spiders-australia-01.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

These Huntsman spiders are apparently big enough to eat possums (around about a foot in length) and are among the reasons I won't be going on walkabout to Australia anytime soon.
    Article I read was pulled from the NYpost so I am not so certain on it's authenticity now. Still big spiders.

Bluecyan on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Obbi said they were defending when they took the damage. So their 8 was a 15 point attack.

AustinP0027 on
    Well yeah, but what type of possums.
    Sugar gliders are tiny.

edited October 2020
    Well yeah, but what type of possums.
    Sugar gliders are tiny.

The article I read said Pygme Possums which are pretty small, but also really cute, so even more reason to dislike those things.
    Pygmy-Possum_Amanda-McLean-Copy-1.jpg

Bluecyan on

Like I'm a child.

Obbi took 8 damage night two, which is either a lie or a second 8 damaging attack.
    If there's a busdriver, then someone else could have taken 8 damage aside Obifett night one, which makes it less likely that it's a single-direction busdriver that hurt Obifett but didn't redirect the heal that hit him that night.

Limited information that I have, eight damage seems to be the more common amount, which is why obifett taking eight damage on that night is most likely a coincidence and not some weird bus driving thing. It also doesn't have to be a bus driver that stopped the hit, could well have been a guard that just prevents damage.

Bluecyan wrote: »

Like I'm a child.

Limited information that I have, eight damage seems to be the more common amount, which is why obifett taking eight damage on that night is most likely a coincidence and not some weird bus driving thing. It also doesn't have to be a bus driver that stopped the hit, could well have been a guard that just prevents damage.

Fwiw, and From my limited information, 8 damage doesn't seem common at all.

Would expect the guard to block the vig shot entirely though.
    But that's up to whether the host made the vig misfire if the original 'tapping' is blocked

edited October 2020
    I'm suggesting guard may have Guarded Infidel Night 1 to prevent the damage. Seems just as likely as bus driver.

Bluecyan on
    ObiFett: "Why haven't people outed themselves other than myself?"

It is a mystery.

OrokosPA.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So, guard that can't self guard? If guard can protect themselves that's almost always the night 1 play.

So, guard that can't self guard? If guard can protect themselves that's almost always the night 1 play.

no self guard is very common.

For the record, Bluecyan sent me a PM right in between the Invictus / discrider votes, which was fun, instead of responding to me in thread. Weird but honestly I'm not sure shaking the tree here has me feeling anything down the assassin hole, in fact I feel less good about the Bluecyan vote.

ObiFett just talking a lot of shit that doesn't hold up and we have plenty of known missing information from the public view (we don't need to all out ourselves but several villagers will have 8 HP attacks) and the weird thing isn't people being quiet, it's ObiFett being so sure of a bus driver being (a) on me to him (b) a one-way and (c) a mafia bus driver. I don't think the majority here will agree with you on all that with the info at hand.

jdarksun? Bluecyan? Yeah no, leaving vote on ObiFett.

OrokosPA.png