As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] EoS. officially lost.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    is it weird to skip a gala remix these days?
    i dunno about akasha or melsa, and i have galex.

what i don't have is enough rolls to spark, since i took such a long break.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I think that it's generally routine to skip banners in many gachas so that you can accumulate a sufficient stash to bolster your odds of rolling what you truly want when the time comes. If you don't desire the focus targets, then why roll on this remix instead of waiting for any other gala?

I think that this cat is supposed to be OP, although I think that it looks ugly. I can't speak for the quality of Melsa or Akasha since I'm not qualified to judge them.

Do you have H!Lowen? He seems to be extremely meta for a lot of fire content. While he's present on this banner, he's not on rate-up for this banner. I think some people are speculating that there will be an old-halloween unit re-run banner that may have H!Lowen on it with 4* rate up rates..

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Melsa/Akasha seem fine but nothing amazing and if you have galex then I'd say it's a safe skip to save for Holiday/New Years/Valentine units coming up fairly fast or new gala dragon/units.

• Options
    I just got a double 5* roll!
    It was halloween melsa and halloween melsa

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Got a Melsa and a Summer Patia, who appears to have either gotten extraordinarily lost or was sucked into one of Chronos's time warps.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    The summer units were just added to the normal pool for some reason. Those freeloaders spoiled my pity rate a few times tonight.

I'm 280 rolls in with no Alex, and no cat. I got melsa 3 times tonight and akasha once.

We get one more freebie 10 roll right? I've got enough to spark Alex, but I was HOPING to get one or the other so that I could spark the second and pair them up. Meanwhile someone in my guild got 4 cats in 6 ten rolls.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    oh, H!Lowen exists, that's right. i have him, even.
    i was wondering which of verica and v!hilde was better and now i remember it doesn't matter.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Akasha is apparently a top tier DPS, her modifiers are nuts. Melsa I'm not sure about, I don't know what all are contributes that Noelle doesn't already do, but Melsa does a cute as hell Thriller walk as part of her S1.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    How good is the cat? Should I consider bottoming out my stash in the hopes of getting either the cat or GAlex so that I can spark the other? Or should I just spark Alex and tap out.

I'm at 280 rolls with about 9k wyrmite left. I also have a bunch of castle/adventurer stories that I haven't gotten around to looking at.

I think that the cat looks dumb and I would be inclined to avoid using it if it had a peer that doesn't look dumb.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    It's a Gala dragon so it's very strong but also has a niche, making it the weakest of the three. I'd recommend reading up on its uses, but if you're gonna spark for GAlex anyway then see if you can land it. You could also wait a day or two and pick up the remaining free pulls for this banner so you don't need to spend.

Madican on
  • Options
    Well I've got 20 rolls to roll one of them before sparking is on the table.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Yeah that's just two ten pulls isn't it?

Madican on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Pretty much. It's gonna be ten singles to prep the freebie 10 pull later tonight, which should be the last freebie 10 pull before the banner expires. 99% sure I'm reading that right this time.

I'll likely burn additional ten pulls until I hit a 5* at the least.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah, the banner ends tomorrow, so one more free pull to go. I just got Melsa from today's free pull through the "surprise, you thought this was a 4* but it's a 5*" mechanic for the last pull.

Today I'm trying to use up 64 skip tickets so I can claim all 100 of the skip tickets we just got, what's the best thing to use them on? I was thinking of using them on Avenue to Fortune since the new weapon system jacked up the costs of things.

• Options
    I personally used a ton on Void Battles because I'm still upgrading Void Weapons for their abilities

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Well, I sparked Alex. I burnt a few more ten rolls to just consume the pity rate since I deemed that likely worth it on a gala banner and with the quality of the units on rate up. Ended up getting a double 5* banner that was full of dupes (Melsa for the fourth time, and a dupe Delphi).

T!Hope still has never shown up. Despite me IIRC getting the rest of the 4* cast like ten times over by now.

I've gotta say that I was very disappointed with sparking. It just said "Gala Alex" is now your ally. They could have at least shown an animation of her being summoned in. I wanted the screenshot. Oh well. I have her now. Time to desperately hoard wyrmite before they can spring a Christmas Alex on me. I don't know how much wyrmite that we usually get in a month, but I doubt that I'll be in a position to spark a Christmas unit by Christmas. Although there are the castle and adventurer stories that I haven't bothered to tap into.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    i got the cat with the last free tenfold! that was cool.
    didn't get melsa or akasha, but i don't really need them, so that's fine.

• Options
    i've been doing a lot of research, teambuilding, and seeing what i missed in the past four months.

wyrmprint overhauls were a huge buff vs. HDTs, as were the void weapon overhauls, as was the HP drop for Solo.
    you can stack the offensive bonus against HDTs on the Agito weapons, and the defensive bonus takes less comparative space than before.
    these and other shenanigans let me finally take down MHJP!
    nefaria + gleo for dps, patia + grace making my team unkillable seems like a winning strategy against high level light solo content.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    I personally used a ton on Void Battles because I'm still upgrading Void Weapons for their abilities

Good call, I totally forgot the lower level Void Battles could be skipped, so I blew them on the Catoblepas and Manticore fights with double drops since I'm pretty low on those mats.

Also, I totally forgot about those defensive HDT Wyrmprints, I'm going to try tossing them on my HDT teams to see if that's enough to get them to be able to auto solo the Master difficulty.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I had good luck with Kristy and Mini Mids on the Astral High Mercury battle. One, Kristy's 60% buff won't get knocked down because dragons are immune to knockback. And Mini Mids helped because he has rolls and is smaller so it's easier to avoid the whirlpools.

• Options
    I used Summer Konohana Sakuya, which probably isn't the fastest way to pull it off but getting to max buff stack gives you HP regen so it gets really hard to die.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I already had a fully unbound T2 sword, but I took advantage of double Volk to grind out enough mats to make and fully unbind the lance and wand. I also have the mats to finish the blade (the very first Agito I ever made, when Volk was released, sitting gathering dust with 0 unbinds) and a staff, but I need to grind more money for that. Just happy to not have to touch mVolk for a while.

• Options
    I've been busy today. Auto'd a whole lot of Voids, upgraded a ton of weapons, and raised the Mana Circle of both Alain and G.Mym for future shenanigans. Going to check my eldwater reserves and see if I can't upgrade some vital wyrmprints on my list. The goal is to put together an auto mHMS team and I think I'm just about ready for it once those prints are primed.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Ugh. I did the math on how many of each tier of component I would need to MUB my existing shadow Agito weapons, as well as craft the rest (including an eventual manacaster). I don't have even close to enough money to actually do it, and I didn't include the cost to unlock all of the copies or the weapon bonuses. But I co-op'd the hell out of all 3 Kai Yan difficulties until I had the mats. Just horrible.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I didn't realize until this event that the wyrmprint change means no more bonus facility materials... making today a marathon of hitting "begin battle" because you can't just auto without missing the EX.

otoh screw it i have like 600 large honey right now, i'd rather have my life

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    The event bonuses are still on the wyrmprints. They show up as a second effect in the details, just not on the select screen.

• Options
    right, but as far as I'm seeing, the event print only gives bonus to the point tracker, not the facility materials now. It's possible there's another print maybe in the shop that does the other bonus and i missed it?

• Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    There is. I believe it's a 3 star print. You can filter by Event Perks in the wyrmprint shop to find it. Or in your own wyrmprint list.

• Options
    Ahh. ok I found it. that's good to know for future events. at least i still need like 5k materials this time lol

• Options
    There are four event prints active right now:

5*: Hitting the books (+forbidden knowledge)
    5*: The fleeting girl (+forbidden knowledge)
    4*: First-Rate Hospitality (+forbidden knowledge)
    3*: The Heretic's laboratory (+arcane tomes)

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Ok so this event is a massive reward cut. Is this the punishment the community has to pay for a sparking system?

I noticed last event didn't have single ticket daily endeavors but I thought maybe it was variance they sometimes don't have them for smaller events it was just weird to be like that during a facility event. But now I see. They're cutting free summon resources down by a lot a lot. This point track has 1/2 the single tickets, and the endeavor rewards are nonexistent

• Options
    i think it's the price we have to pay for these free tenfolds, tbh.
    they seem to be converting the rolls into "no, this banner" rolls instead of "completely skip anything not power-crept" free rolls.

in related news,
    me: i should go hard on this gala banner, i lack really powerful gala dragons.
    also me: rolls gala poseidon on the first free tenfold.

• Options
    Are the event Wyrmprints not showing up in the store for anyone else?

• Options
    I saw them in the store with the exception of the one that was an endeavor reward for participating in the event. Are you sure that you didn't buy them already?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Can they drop as random rewards? I'm pretty sure I didn't buy them, but I seem to have them. I know I didn't have them when I got the 3* ones and for the life of me I cannot remember going into the store and buying them, so I have no idea how I have them other than they dropped while I was farming the boss for mats the last few days

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    They do drop as event rewards.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Daily free 10 pull, two 10 pull tickets, and 10 single tickets got me a dupe Nepharia, a Lapis, and one Gala Poseidon. Game must like me this morning. I can always use stones to MUB Poseidon if he turns out to be real good. I'll save my wyrmite for the innevitable Zelda collab :rotate:

• Options
    Single rainbow but it was a Gala Poseidon so that was nice. I'll wait to put stones in him though until it's known whether or not he beats out the marshmallow bunny dragon.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Free 10 Pull, 3 10pull tickets, 2 wrymite 10pulls and 5 tickets. Pity Broken with Tobias and some Dragon I cant remember.

I'm really feeling the sudden well of free wrymite drying up. I don't spend on this game and don't plan to, so this may be it for me. Co-Oping anything is already impossible and I cant grow strong enough to solo anything.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    I'm thinking the new Posiedon is gonna be best dragon for MH!Sarisse so I'm pretty excited to max it out.