As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox] 2.75 Gamecubes

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I remember having like 6 memory cards on the n64. God damn that was annoying as fuck "Which one was that save on... shit!"

I have all my PS2 memory cards, they all have the save games written on them in very, very careful writing.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I remember the crappy 64mb card you got with Animal Crossing GameCube. Like they couldn't do you the nice guy move and give you the normal sized card.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I remember the crappy 64mb card you got with Animal Crossing GameCube. Like they couldn't do you the nice guy move and give you the normal sized card.

Yes they did, you got the standard GC memory card 59. Nintendo just also released two larger capacity cards later on in the consoles life.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    PS Now is good because it lets you play PS exclusives on PC

I'd say that's inferior to actually waiting for them to come to PC, but considering how Horizon Zero Dawn went...

FYI horizon runs incredibly well on PC these days and did as of like week 2. They've put out like 6 patches fixing various little things here and there but in general it's fantastic.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Yes they did, you got the standard GC memory card 59. Nintendo just also released two larger capacity cards later on in the consoles life.

...one of which was knowingly faulty.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    \
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    PS Now is good because it lets you play PS exclusives on PC

I'd say that's inferior to actually waiting for them to come to PC, but considering how Horizon Zero Dawn went...

FYI horizon runs incredibly well on PC these days and did as of like week 2. They've put out like 6 patches fixing various little things here and there but in general it's fantastic.

That's good news. Shame they put it out in a sorry state instead of waiting two weeks, but that's how these things work in this industry.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I lost some major time when my saves for Baten Kaito and FE: Path of Radiance went bye-bye off my 1019.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Just a few more weeks before I'll discover if this is a thing of the last gen, since explaining it wasn't clear. This is on an xbox one x with an external SSD too :U

That one is 4-5 minutes long (clip is 30 seconds, a little bit in too), and it's a two song set and all the people in the area never fully loaded. I think I got like half of them, and it doesn't really capture the frame dips that these things have, and the area before the plaza was equally packed.

Really hoping this NVME drive is up to the task. D:

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Do you have to create a Bethesda account for Doom Eternal?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

If you want to use cosmetics (in both single and multiplayer), yes. You can use all the unlockable Slayer and gun skins in both modes.
    I think you might have to have one to play multiplayer at all, but I'm not 100% on that.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I have an external drive set up for off-console storage for my 360. Is it also compatible with the X1 or am I looking at reformatting or a different drive?

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I have an external drive set up for off-console storage for my 360. Is it also compatible with the X1 or am I looking at reformatting or a different drive?

Almost positive you'll need to reformat for the One

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    Mulletude wrote: »

Almost positive you'll need to reformat for the One

They've mentioned compatibility between Xbox One and Xbox Series storage (so you can move forward one generation), but I'm pretty sure Xbox One formatted drives don't work with Xbox 360 and vice versa, even if they meet the bandwitdh requirement.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I figured that might be the case. I'll test it and see and if I have to reformat/buy, then I'll pick up that 2077 themed drive for the theme.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Had a fun thing where I was trying to figure out why one of my externals wasn't working on my PC and it turned out it was still formatted for the Xbox One from when I upgraded to an X. Extremely handy finding it right before next gen.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

If you want to use cosmetics (in both single and multiplayer), yes. You can use all the unlockable Slayer and gun skins in both modes.
    I think you might have to have one to play multiplayer at all, but I'm not 100% on that.

I'll give it another shot then, I didn't see a way past the account splash screen when I tried it earlier.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    God these chase sequences in Battletoads really go on and fucking on. Like the checkpoints are ok but they just drag for so fucking long beyond the point where you’re having fun and you’re like just end already I get it, take me back to the decent side scroller beat em up

It’s interminable

Prohass on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    God these chase sequences in Battletoads really go on and fucking on. Like the checkpoints are ok but they just drag for so fucking long beyond the point where you’re having fun and you’re like just end already I get it, take me back to the decent side scroller beat em up

It’s a battle

edited October 2020
    It’s just like, play test your game. If I’m getting frustrated, someone who plays games all the time, everyone except the most hardcore are getting frustrated. Which is fine, on like challenge difficulties, but just leads to me hating your game when I’m sitting through 20 minute sewuences on normal which just drag on forever

Prohass on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    There's still a lot of people that think a proper battletoads game must actively hate the player

Like I get that, and those people can play the harder difficulties. But it’s also just not even the difficulty, it’s the monotony of some of the sequences. They outstay their welcome. Also I’m not a big fan of mini games that are harder than the actual gameplay, especially when you’ll never play the mini game again for the rest of the game, these are wasted skills I’m learning, they won’t help me later

It’s just like, play test your game. If I’m getting frustrated, someone who plays games all the time, everyone except the most hardcore are getting frustrated. Which is fine, on like challenge difficulties, but just leads to me hating your game when I’m sitting through 20 minute sewuences on normal which just drag on forever

This is basically me and Carrion, after seeing if KBAM makes it any less of a pain in the ass (conclusion: no). Except replace "challenge sequences" with "all navigation".

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I've been playing through the halo series and the amount of times I've had a tough fight that has an audio sequence right before it drives me bonkers "right right covenant is coming right right... SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I've been playing through the halo series and the amount of times I've had a tough fight that has an audio sequence right before it drives me bonkers "right right covenant is coming right right... SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

I recently played through them all on legendary and I’m pretty sure maybe I just enjoy misery and torture

I recently played through them all on legendary and I’m pretty sure maybe I just enjoy misery and torture

I bow to you. I'm doing heroic solo and god damn are there parts where I regret my choices. Down to just Halo 5, which will be a nice refresher since when I last played it I was feeling sick and probably don't remember much other than the advertising being misleading.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Halo 5 has ai that resurrects you, so it’s a little easier on legendary, still bullshit tho

Halo 2 is straight up broken, and only beatable if you like do things like run away from fights midway through an hope for a random checkpoint, which may or may not happen

Halo 5 has ai that resurrects you, so it’s a little easier on legendary, still bullshit tho

Halo 2 is straight up broken, and only beatable if you like do things like run away from fights midway through an hope for a random checkpoint, which may or may not happen

Yeah its crazy in 2 where I'd be doing a section and not get a check point for what feels like five minutes, die, and then get a checkpoint every two feet.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2020
    Gah please no more space battles and platforming Battletoads, I beg of you

It’s funny up until this point all the story achievements had the over 10% completion thing, and now levels are getting diamonds indicating an under 10% achievement unlock rate, so it’s clear this is the point a lot of people started putting the game down

It’s been like over an hour and multiple space and platforming levels have gone by with no core combat sewuences

It’s like they went “you know we have a really great core beat em up here, how about we just don’t let players play it for 50% of the game? At this point I’d honestly rather just a shorter game.

There’s nothing particularly wrong with breaking up your core game with the occasional short mini game, but this is taking the piss as it’s been like 6 long sequences of platforming and space battles

Prohass on

It’s funny up until this point all the story achievements had the over 10% completion thing, and now levels are getting diamonds indicating an under 10% achievement unlock rate, so it’s clear this is the point a lot of people started putting the game down

It’s been like over an hour and multiple space and platforming levels have gone by with no core combat sewuences

It’s like they went “you know we have a really great core beat em up here, how about we just don’t let players play it for 50% of the game? At this point I’d honestly rather just a shorter game.

There’s nothing particularly wrong with breaking up your core game with the occasional short mini game, but this is taking the piss

To be fair that's true to battletoads.

pleasepaypreacher.net

There’s nothing particularly wrong with breaking up your core game with the occasional short mini game, but this is taking the piss

Like I get this but it’s also just bad. Like it would’ve been fine if these sequences were even half as long, it would be a funny nod and that’s it, but it’s actively ruining their core decent beat em up

edited October 2020

Very true. What part did people think was hard/challenging? lol.

tastydonuts on
    Wow I didn’t think the mini games could get any more obnoxious, then I got to the rebooting engines mini game

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Minigames always make me feel like the developer wanted to make some other game rather than the game they were actually making.

I still don't know why a turn based roleplaying game (Final Fantasy IX) has an impossible rhythm minigame (jump rope) literally right at the beginning and gates a unique item behind it that you can't get any other way. As an example. I will never not be salty about that.

I'm not saying minigames are inherently bad, just that they are inherently bad.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Like I get this but it’s also just bad. Like it would’ve been fine if these sequences were even half as long, it would be a funny nod and that’s it, but it’s actively ruining their core decent beat em up

This is also true to Battletoads, mind.

dporowski on
    Drez wrote: »
    Minigames always make me feel like the developer wanted to make some other game rather than the game they were actually making.

I still don't know why a turn based roleplaying game (Final Fantasy IX) has an impossible rhythm minigame (jump rope) literally right at the beginning and gates a unique item behind it that you can't get any other way. As an example. I will never not be salty about that.

This is me and stealth sections in action games, or "now you play an underpowered character" in an rpg. Doubly worse when the result of the section is a losing scenario anyway, but if you fail it before the acceptable failure point you have to redo the section.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2020
    This video is the original Battletoads, all stages played simultaneously (sound warning). o_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e3JI05qGHE

tastydonuts on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Weirdly I felt like the only thing really broken in 2 Legendary was the Jackal snipers. They're just straight up memorization, but whenever they weren't around it was pretty fun.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

This is me and stealth sections in action games, or "now you play an underpowered character" in an rpg. Doubly worse when the result of the section is a losing scenario anyway, but if you fail it before the acceptable failure point you have to redo the section.

Or as a more general concept, games that let you build your character multiple ways and allow for different styles of gameplay, but have at least one section where there's only one way to play it and good luck if you were planning anything different.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

I lost some major time when my saves for Baten Kaito and FE: Path of Radiance went bye-bye off my 1019.

Lost my Animal Crossing town with all the NES games and other stuff I had there. Fortunately, I think most of my other important saves were backed up to other memory cards, but the draw for me was having everything on one card, so I used it for all my other stuff, plus AC.

Called Nintendo about it, and the answer I got basically amounted to "oh yeah, we know those are faulty, you probably shouldn't get those. Sucks to be you."

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular