As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Conquest of Deepnest - Host Notes Up

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    ObiFett: "Why haven't people outed themselves other than myself?"

It is a mystery.

This is a gross mischaracterization and you're being overly hostile about this entire thing.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    I'm suggesting guard may have Guarded Infidel Night 1 to prevent the damage. Seems just as likely as bus driver.

J4 said he needed to hit someone for 8 in order to also have his vig go off.
    I'm suggesting if his first target were guarded, then he wouldn't get his vig kill.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    At the same time, a Vig that needs to hit someone to destroy someone else is also odd so maybe the guard prevents the initial damage but lets the Vig go off?

edited October 2020
    Bleh.
    Looked at a Hollow Knight wiki.
    Am now going to call the Serial Killer role the Hunter going forward, as he has a bestiary of everything he's killed, and kills everything he meets.

discrider on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    you're being overly hostile about this entire thing.
    Have you played much phalla?

OrokosPA.png
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Gah.
    Why did you necro the Pikmin thread
    I have a Switch now and it's only for RingFit
    This is a personal attack

:evil:

Okay, right now I’m leaning Obifett but I’m not happy about breaking a three way tie without a lot more info but such is the game.

Updating my list:

3 votes for Obifett (Bluecyan 5, Infidel 6, davidsdurions 9)
    2 votes for jdarksun (Lucedes 1, Obbi 3)
    2 votes for BlueCyan (Invictus 7, discrider 8)
    1 vote for Infidel (Obifett 4)
    0 votes for davidsdurions (discrider 2)

Also bearing in mind it’s still a secret vote at the end.

At the moment, bluecyan has my vote. The jumping on Obi felt too forced, as if someone was waiting for anyone to misstep to push against

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Bedlam wrote: »
    We dont know what kind of powers are out there as specials. It doesn't make sense for infidel to lie about taking an 8 point scratch so there is probably more to the story that involves more powers. It feels like disc and obifett are both acting very erratic in a way that forces the their will on the voting and I dont like it.

disc's voting is always pretty erratic. Obi hasn't been voting erratically, has been consistent in working from a theory as far as I can tell (whether it's correct is another matter). They are trying to talk things out, that's often a big part of how village wins. That doesn't mean either is innocent, but your post reads like trying to suppress village discussion in the main thread, which is highly suspect.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Ok, so we have David voting Obi, so clearly Obi is village.
    And Bluecyan defended David a bit before, so clearly also mafia.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    We dont know what kind of powers are out there as specials. It doesn't make sense for infidel to lie about taking an 8 point scratch so there is probably more to the story that involves more powers. It feels like disc and obifett are both acting very erratic in a way that forces the their will on the voting and I dont like it.

disc's voting is always pretty erratic. Obi hasn't been voting erratically, has been consistent in working from a theory as far as I can tell (whether it's correct is another matter). They are trying to talk things out, that's often a big part of how village wins. That doesn't mean either is innocent, but your post reads like trying to suppress village discussion in the main thread, which is highly suspect.
    Its a pretty big logic leap to assume there was only one attack, and it must have been busdriven.

Edit: Also he admits that it couldnt have been busdriven since he also got a heal, yet persists with a crackpot theory of tunnel vision rather than admit hes clearly wrong.

Your last sentence is complete nonsense. Youre seeing what you want to see.

Bedlam on
    edited October 2020

:|
    You agreed with one of my single word durian votes.
    Unless that was a mobile misclick like I'm prone to doing.

discrider on
    In fact I know Obifett is wrong because I attacked him on day 1. I didnt want to speak up because I didnt want people jumping down my throat about it. I didnt coordinate with anybody, so I didnt expect anything to come of it other than maybe he seeks out a heal.

:|
    You agreed with one of my single word durian votes.
    Unless that was a mobile misclick like I'm prone to doing.
    Him being mafia and pretending to need help and him being village and actually needing help are indistinguishable from each other.

You can vote for whomever you want, I just feel like the lines you are using to connect dots have gaps in them. And youre both going for big complicated conspiracies rather than what the easiest solution might be.

Maybe I just havent played in awhile so I dont see what you see. Its been about a year for me.

It's not that he needed help, it's that he reacted with a 'guess we're going to lose then :)' or whatever afterward.
    I just think he's doing classic new guy mafia things.

Arguments have been a bit dense on the previous game knowledge side though, so I don't necessarily fault them for not knowing where to start.

But would much prefer it if they started voting and not caring if they died or not, than trying to preserve their 'villager' life.

Also, this feels much more Bedlam so..

edited October 2020
    Gah.
    Why did you necro the Pikmin thread
    I have a Switch now and it's only for RingFit
    This is a personal attack

:evil:

Okay, right now I’m leaning Obifett but I’m not happy about breaking a three way tie without a lot more info but such is the game.

Updating my list:

2 votes for BlueCyan (Invictus 7, discrider 8)

Also bearing in mind it’s still a secret vote at the end.

You probably want the Switch thread honestly:
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/237819/nintendo-switch-for-when-you-need-to-social-distance-on-a-roof#latest

discrider on
    In fact I know Obifett is wrong because I attacked him on day 1. I didnt want to speak up because I didnt want people jumping down my throat about it. I didnt coordinate with anybody, so I didnt expect anything to come of it other than maybe he seeks out a heal.

This is good information and is all I needed to throw the busdrive theory out the window. Thank you.

Bedlam, why would people "jump down your throat" for like using your power?

Yeah, everyone knows you should day 1 Obi

Infidel's reaction to this whole thing still feels weird to me. It feels like a mafia being mad they are being accused for a stupid reason. Doesn't seem like the smart villager Infidel that would see this for what it is: a villager just trying to do what they can with the little info they do have.

edited October 2020
    I still don't think Infidel would contradict J4 without cause.
    So he was busdrove or perhaps guarded.
    Likely without knowledge.

And if Inf is mafia, where did the mafia kill go?

discrider on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Infidel's reaction to this whole thing still feels weird to me. It feels like a mafia being mad they are being accused for a stupid reason. Doesn't seem like the smart villager Infidel that would see this for what it is: a villager just trying to do what they can with the little info they do have.

Yes, everyone knows what happens when Infidel is accused. Doesn't ever call anyone out on it, nope.

Like, why you acting as if totally normal reactions and mechanics are unusual?

OrokosPA.png
    edited October 2020

Yes, everyone knows what happens when Infidel is accused. Doesn't ever call anyone out on it, nope.

Like, why you acting as if totally normal reactions and mechanics are unusual?

I've seen you be accused by a villager clearly just trying to throw ideas out. I've seen you dismiss it for what it is. Being immediately confrontational and counter-accusatory doesn't seem like you.

The mechanics thing is arguable, imo. I've seen plenty of self-targetable defensive abilities in battle games like this.

Edit: How bout this, Infidel. Since when do you vote for players because of a "weak vote"? That makes little sense in this situation, purely because we both know this early in a game with the mafia doing as well as they are that it's highly doubtful a mafia is gonna put their neck on the line with off the wall theories like I did. And you know that. And normally you'd realize that. Why aren't you now?

ObiFett on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    So, do we think the mafia had to skip a kill to occlude voting, or do we think the kill failed (due to abilities or just an order-submission cock-up) and the vote obscuration for tonight is limited by some other means?

I'm leaning towards the skipped kill idea. Trade-off choices like that seem like something 38th would do. I'm re-reading the thread from end of day 1 to check a few things, so I'll edit this later with who put that theory forward first.

Edit: Oh hey, it was discrider
    And we have either that the mafia sacrificed their kill to turn off the lights, or they wasted their kill on the vig, much like the village did.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited October 2020
    Looks like both Lucedes and Invictus have claimed role blocks last night too.
    Which is perhaps interesting.
    ...To someone else who has an idea what's going on.
    It gets a ??? from me honestly

discrider on
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, that was me.
    I just don't think it's worth the trade now, and possibly could be just J4 dying and his light going out too.
    Most likely thing in my opinion now is that it's a once-a-game power

Anyway, I don't think the mafia needed to sacrifice their kill to make it dark anymore.

discrider on
    Huh.

Well, I had a couple things in particular I wanted to check, but I stepped away for a bit and when I came back I'd forgotten what to look for. So whatever hunch I had is gone as well.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Actually, looking at the votes, I think I'm gonna go with Bluecyan. Which I hate, cause they've been helpful with theorycrafting how the host is adapting the source material, but there's some vote stuff that makes me wonder:
    • looking at the vote records (including a redacted vote, & claimed votes for today) for Bluecyan, davidsdurions, & Infidel, I feel like there might be a connection there. It's really not much, but they all joined the JaysonFour wagon yesterday (granted Blue later switched to a 2nd vote on JPants at a time when the Jayson/jdark leads were both leading by 2+), then all 3 kicked off a wagon on Obi tonight.
    • That Austin, discrider, and Invictus are all voting for Blue today is swaying my opinion, especially since they've been voting differently prior to tonight

Not sure what is up with ObiFett, but I'm not getting mafia vibes as yet.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited October 2020
    That's more of a "here's the current wagons, which do I like more" vote. Not really sold on any of them though, I am open to persuasion.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    As of this post:
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    That's more of a "here's the current wagons, which do I like more" vote. Not really sold on any of them though, I am open to persuasion.

4 votes for BlueCyan (Invictus 7, discrider 8, Austin P 10, H3Knuckles 11)

Not Voted: 9
    JusticeforPluto
    jdarksun
    kime
    Auralynx
    bedlam
    premium
    Jpants
    Phyphor
    SeGaTai
    mrpaku

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I'm going to wager, a large chunk of the mafia is in that Not Voted block, probably more than half. Of those that have voted I'm suspicious of AustinP who has incorrect rationale for voting for me (ObiFett was not just me jumping on a bad theory post, but someone I was suspicious of prior to that post) and ObiFett whom I believe is only being active now since their name was being kicked around earlier in the weekend.

Those on the inactive list my suspicions are high on JPants, mrpaku and kime. All of whom have contributed little which is atypical compared to their standard plays. JPants and mrpaku especially since they tend to be more active in thread than network.

Only really Bedlam has been active and not voted, so they don't really fit in with the rest and I am actually thinking leans village. Phyphor, SegaTai and JusticeforPluto were active on earlier days so they are neutral in my book. Premium, and jdark leaning mafia.

So my list right now would be:
    JPants
    AustinP
    mrpaku
    ObiFett
    kime

In that order, Obi hasn't so much fallen in suspicion as the others continued silence has given me more doubt.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Good Morning. ~7 hours remain in the day. Please submit your votes and orders through PM.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

That you are suspicious of someone means nothing. Everyone is suspicious of everyone else unless they are mafia buddies. That's not a vote reasoning, that's the game.

Show me something other than just "That's poor logic, must be mafia" and I'm open to be swayed. But right now, the Obi vote is based off of a single theory post which he's come back and said doesn't apply now that reveals have released more information. H3's analysis is more what I would want to see about someone before flipping votes that way, some pattern in voting or behavior that indicates they are behaving different from what they are saying.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    my vote is for bluecyan currently; and thats a bit because feeling good about other's who have voted for him and a need for the vote winner tonight to not be contested.

This can't be a close vote; tie possibilities and then too many what if scenarios tomorrow if the vote winner doesn't die tonight

PSN SeGaTai
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm not in love with a bluecyan vote, but he's sent a couple probing pms in a style familiar from past games where he"s been mafia, so I'm ok with it.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I don’t know, I was going to come in this morning and make very similar posts to BlueCyan’s because the only concrete information we seem to have is votes currently.

At least from my perspective, as someone who hasn’t had anything happen to them except play votes from discrider, there’s just not enough information I can rely on. I don’t feel good with the bandwagons because there’s too high a chance of mafia being able to weigh those votes with even a few people spreading out right now.

So, some folks are being rather quiet through all of this, some people are talking quite a bit, and some people are attempting to limit discussion. I don’t like any of that.

At least from my perspective, as someone who hasn’t had anything happen to them except play votes from discrider, there’s just not enough information I can rely on. I don’t feel good with the bandwagons because there’s too high a chance of mafia being able to weigh those votes with even a few people spreading out right now.

Counterpoint, for today only we probably actually need a solid wagon. Mafia will all be voting in secret, and together, so we aren't going to know who they vote for, but we have to assume 4 or 5 votes that are all on the same villager.

That means the village has to have 6+ people all voting on someone, and since it's all done in private, we aren't going to know for sure who is actually following through with that. We need to get some solid alignment before close on who the majority thinks is the right vote wagon so that we can prevent the mafia from winning or tying the vote since they can cleanly coordinate their votes.

Lucedes wrote: »
    jdarksun.

1. Shall people "vote" in the thread like this just to put claimed PM votes in the record?
    2. Why jdarksun? :rotate:

Seems like a good idea to post "votes" in thread to create atleast some record for future use. On the downside, that would make manipulating said vote easier for the mafia but that is still interesting information if the vote doesn't go as planned.

Will we know if somebody doesn't vote tonight?

It doesn’t look like this got answered, so we don’t know what sort of record we’re getting after tonight, right?

I’m worried about mafia manipulating the vote such that we wagon ourselves and they can claim to have joined the wagon like everyone else or spread their vote to conceal their position, for the third night in a row.

I don’t know, everything so far today hasn’t convinced me that anyone is more or less sus than anyone else still.

I’ll be out for a couple hours before I can really check thread again, so hopefully things clear up by then.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    We're required to vote via PM; inactivity warnings are usually public messages; and the host has previously mentioned not needing to make any inactivity warnings; so you can assume if someone doesn't vote privately, we will be notified; while it's possible that's not true, it's probably too big a risk for a mafia to take.

the mafia are 100% going to manipulate the vote if possible; and there's not going to be a lot gained from today's vote - at this point you just want to prevent shenanigans and set us up for a useful vote tomorrow

PSN SeGaTai
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    jdarksun.

1. Shall people "vote" in the thread like this just to put claimed PM votes in the record?

Seems like a good idea to post "votes" in thread to create atleast some record for future use. On the downside, that would make manipulating said vote easier for the mafia but that is still interesting information if the vote doesn't go as planned.

CD

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    jdarksun.

CD

New guy asks what that means? :)