As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I Really Hope the [Kids] are alright

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    We had a play date at a fellow daycare kids house where the only kids are invited were in the same daycare class. Ripley is playing well in the little inflatable bouncy house thing then this other kid shows up from daycare and Ripley said out loud, easily heard.

"I don't like <Daycare Kid>!"

He was perfectly nice and polite and come on Ripley, we are trying to establish friendships here.
    Oh you'll get plenty more of that attitude, I'm sure. Little King can be so very harsh as well, just bluntly saying he NEVER wants to play with such-and-such and shit like that. We're trying to make him understand that words have meaning, but he'll say anything when he's angry.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    ohgod

glitter.

what fool asshole of a parent puts a tube of pink glitter inside a birthday party favor bag.

WHY DO YOU DO THAT TO OTHER PARENTS.

Just a tube of glitter? That's basically a war crime.

a small tube of glitter.

with a pop top lid.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I lost my crap today and I'm mortified and hiding in my car. We're at travel bowling league and one kid (high school age) kept leaving his mask off between frames. My wife nicely spoke with his mom but he just kept not wearing it over his face and slapping others on the shoulder and acting like he was king of the alley.

And then I lost my cool and yelled at him and it is probably the most out of character thing I've EVER done and I feel like the biggest garbage person on earth but I just was so protective of my kid and his friends that I had almost an out of body experience where I could hear words coming out of my mouth and couldn't believe I was the one speaking up. I was right, but handled it complete wrong and now there isn't a rock low enough for me to slink under. Sorry parenting thread, I just had to share my failure somewhere.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    You probably did just fine. And you were being a good parent. If that kids parents weren't going to do it, you did.

And thank you.

Also empathy elbow bump

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Thanks. The other parents in our group said it had to be said and the kid wouldn't have stopped without someone getting a bit forceful but I still feel bad. They Were just stunned I was the one saying it.

My wife tried to apologize to the mom and grandmother for me but then they apparently started making excuses that he can't mask all the time due to asthma and now I'm honestly worried about the rest of the season (like most people I feel pretty strongly on the subject). I'm sure it will pass but it was probably the worst day I've had that I can remember.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    ohgod

glitter.

what fool asshole of a parent puts a tube of pink glitter inside a birthday party favor bag.

a small tube of glitter.

with a pop top lid.

The size of the tube matters not. All glitter receptacles hold the same amount of glitter.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Thanks. The other parents in our group said it had to be said and the kid wouldn't have stopped without someone getting a bit forceful but I still feel bad. They Were just stunned I was the one saying it.

My wife tried to apologize to the mom and grandmother for me but then they apparently started making excuses that he can't mask all the time due to asthma and now I'm honestly worried about the rest of the season (like most people I feel pretty strongly on the subject). I'm sure it will pass but it was probably the worst day I've had that I can remember.

Sometimes you have to put your foot down. There's no essentially valid medical reason that precludes mask wearing including asthma, and certainly nothing that is consistent with gregarious socializing and bowling. If anything you should be proud you advocated for the safety of your children, community and self.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    My wife has asthma, wears a mask for 12 hours straight with a 20 minute window where she might be able to take her mask off in the middle but not guaranteed.

If her weak as all hell lungs can handle that every day, all day, for months on end, then the bowling kid can handle it too. Maybe they need someone to help get a mask that fits properly? My 6 year old has that problem sometimes but she has the decency to ask for help and get it figured out because we’ve taught her, at 6 years old, to care enough about her friends around her to not be the reason they or their grandparents get sick.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    ohgod

glitter.

a small tube of glitter.

with a pop top lid.

The size of the tube matters not. All glitter receptacles hold the same amount of glitter.

Hmm...

Do they hold the glitter, or are they merely portals to the glitter dimension?

ohgod

glitter.

a small tube of glitter.

with a pop top lid.

Which is too much.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Once the glitter is released it can never be contained.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The Peppa Pig Glitter Mask/Castle episode pretty much summed up glitter.

vg5fd0m8moda.png

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    weird how getting 8 hours of sleep feels like some sort of rare treat

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    weird how getting 8 hours of sleep feels like some sort of rare treat

I think you've filled the entire thread with a deep envy

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Ripley has discovered Cocomelon on Netflix.

/Points pistol to temple

I am in the business of saving lives.
    Happy two-year snip-snip anniversary to me!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    MNC Dover wrote: »

New baby is due by 12/13, I want to be snipped fucking immediately after.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

/Points pistol to temple

Welcome to Cocomelon Church.

You're gonna love Pastor Appleberry

Appleberry?

Appleberry

A double p l e b e double r y

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• PeenPeen Registered User regular

High five dude, I celebrated five years this year and haven't regretted it once, especially as multiple friends have had accidental third and fourth babies.

DaMoonRulz wrote: »

/Points pistol to temple

Welcome to Cocomelon Church.

You're gonna love Pastor Appleberry

Appleberry?

Appleberry

A double p l e b e double r y

This show sucks! Actually it's not even a show just these fucking songs? They rhymed beach with beach three times in a row.

edited October 2020
    Peen wrote: »

High five dude, I celebrated five years this year and haven't regretted it once, especially as multiple friends have had accidental third and fourth babies.

How the fuck you have an accidental fourth kid?!

Edit: I guess they wanted three...but even that's sort of crazy. :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

• SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    Urrrrrgh I'm on the point of reducing the meal options for these kids to 'weet-bix' or 'nothing'. Seriously why does every single meal have to be an argument?

Well, breakfast is usually ok because at least vegemite and cheese on toast seems to produce minimal whining.

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
    Kid decides she likes fish.

And spaghetti.

So last night I made fish and spaghetti. No problems. She even ate the fish in the same bowl as the spaghetti.

Tonight she wanted leftover fish. Huzzah.

So I put the leftover fish in the bowl with the leftover spaghetti. With butter.

This is obviously a travesty. Because her spaghetti tastes like fish now.

Obviously I should have realized that she had finished her pasta first lady night before the fish and so it was ok to use the same bowl.

I am, it seems, the worst at mommy.

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    That's where my 4 year old is right now. Super frustrating at dinner time

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png

@Raijin Quickfoot

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

@Raijin Quickfoot

Come on now! My accidental was a third! Then I got my tubes tied...or cut out... or whatever they did to my dick.

I just know I talked to the doctor about Dire Straits while he worked.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

@Raijin Quickfoot

Come on now! My accidental was a third! Then I got my tubes tied...or cut out... or whatever they did to my dick.

Money for nothing?
    And chicks for free?

I'm not going to post any other lyrics from that song because holy fuck is it WAY more homophobic and racist than I remember it being when I was kid.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular

@Raijin Quickfoot

Money for nothing?
    And chicks for free?

I'm not going to post any other lyrics from that song because holy fuck is it WAY more homophobic and racist than I remember it being when I was kid.

oh, whoof, I don't think I ever relly read the lyrics before. That's quite the bunch of slurs in there,

And spaghetti.

So last night I made fish and spaghetti. No problems. She even ate the fish in the same bowl as the spaghetti.

So I put the leftover fish in the bowl with the leftover spaghetti. With butter.

Obviously I should have realized that she had finished her pasta first lady night before the fish and so it was ok to use the same bowl.

This is so not even in the same sport as "worst at mommy"!

edited October 2020

@Raijin Quickfoot

Money for nothing?
    And chicks for free?

There are a bunch of slurs in there yes, but the song is written in the perspective who would trash on dire straits, saying they slur this and that because they have pink hair, it has problematic language nowadays I would agree but I would argue that the intent is not actually homophobic.

Blake T on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

@Raijin Quickfoot

Money for nothing?
    And chicks for free?

There are a bunch of slurs in there yes, but the song is written in the perspective who would trash on dire straits, saying they slur this and that because they have pink hair, it has problematic language nowadays I would agree but I would argue that the intent is not actually homophobic.

100% this. It’s is not a homophobic song the song has parts about being homophobic.

But he does straight up use a slur in the process.

Mark Knopfler is a good dude.

If I ever meet him I’m going to tell him how I talked him which a doctor was cutting my into my balls.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Solvent wrote: »
    Urrrrrgh I'm on the point of reducing the meal options for these kids to 'weet-bix' or 'nothing'. Seriously why does every single meal have to be an argument?

Well, breakfast is usually ok because at least vegemite and cheese on toast seems to produce minimal whining.

And spaghetti.

My 4 year old has been eating Gerber for threeish years because he straight up refuses to eat anything that's not puree and store bought and now because of the pandemic Gerber has a food shortage so for the past three days we've been fighting a toddler who doesn't talk and and who refuses to chew anything to please eat something, anything other than the apple sauce we have on hand. There's been moderate success in that he's finally touched some solid food though he picks it up like he's lifting a dead rat, but mostly he just eats the apple sauce, then tears up and whimpers. Oh, and this is all mostly because he's autistic and has issues with food texture, taste, smell, etc as well as speech issues (which are ever so slowly progressing; basically he's not talking unless he has to), so not only does he not like *gestures at food*, but he's also more or less incapable of telling us of any other options. Though he has tried to pull us to the car twice now because he's not ignorant, he knows exactly which aisles in which stores that "the food" came from. He's just having a tough time grasping the idea that the supply is . . . unreliable? Gone?

/venting

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

@Raijin Quickfoot

Money for nothing?
    And chicks for free?

100% this. It’s is not a homophobic song the song has parts about being homophobic.

But he does straight up use a slur in the process.

Mark Knopfler is a good dude.

If I ever meet him I’m going to tell him how I talked him which a doctor was cutting my into my balls.

I just remember that the doctor that snipped me asked me if I wanted to stop halfway through and take a chance.

And spaghetti.

Tell that to the child!

I also told her to go to bed and stop talking and to not wake up her father who had fallen asleep on the floor next to her bed while waiting for get to read books.

She was very cross at me last night. But she's better this morning.

@Kalnaur I'm sure you have, but have you tried making your own purée? Will he eat stuff that you smoosh up yourself?

And spaghetti.

Tell that to the child!

I also told her to go to bed and stop talking and to not wake up her father who had fallen asleep on the floor next to her bed while waiting for get to read books.

Kalnaur I'm sure you have, but have you tried making your own purée? Will he eat stuff that you smoosh up yourself?

The short answer is no. The long answer is hell no, and tears besides. Which again, we're going to do it again anyways because . . . *shrug* might as well try it yet again. I mean, I convinced him to eat applesauce itself originally because "it was either that or he had to chew things" so he kinda just gave up and went for the applesauce. We're still going to try things like homemade pear puree and other such things but he's usually not even willing to open his mouth for them so . . . it's just hard. We tried carrot which he cried enough that I got some in his mouth, then he cried about that, and then he swallowed it sort of on accident, and then he stopped crying but still wouldn't take anymore so I don't freaking know.

I'm not giving up but both the lack of communication and lack of willingness to try absolutely anything new is really trying the normally vast patience I have. And this is from someone who has been a "picky eater" since day one myself, so I get it.

Good luck, friend. I'm with you in spirit.

And you're always welcome to come back and scream into the thread as needed.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Little one is getting real proficient at holding the spoon while eating
    dhcg7vkqxguh.jpeg

But only holding, not actually using it

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

And spaghetti.

Tell that to the child!

Kalnaur I'm sure you have, but have you tried making your own purée? Will he eat stuff that you smoosh up yourself?

The short answer is no. The long answer is hell no, and tears besides. Which again, we're going to do it again anyways because . . . *shrug* might as well try it yet again. I mean, I convinced him to eat applesauce itself originally because "it was either that or he had to chew things" so he kinda just gave up and went for the applesauce. We're still going to try things like homemade pear puree and other such things but he's usually not even willing to open his mouth for them so . . . it's just hard. We tried carrot which he cried enough that I got some in his mouth, then he cried about that, and then he swallowed it sort of on accident, and then he stopped crying but still wouldn't take anymore so I don't freaking know.

I'm not giving up but both the lack of communication and lack of willingness to try absolutely anything new is really trying the normally vast patience I have. And this is from someone who has been a "picky eater" since day one myself, so I get it.

Do you have any old gerber jars that you can put the homemade puree in?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Kalnaur wrote: »

And spaghetti.

Tell that to the child!

Do you have any old gerber jars that you can put the homemade puree in?

It's plastic tubs, and they have no lids anymore, and even when we've done that it's only been maybe 25% successful.

However, we do have what is essentially protein powder that we mixed in to his applesauce tonight, and after the wife made sure it was (1) in his bowl (2) he saw a bit more added from the jar and (3) he had his specific spoons, he ate it. Which, I tried a bit, i could tell the difference, he almost surely did too, but all the other facets tell us something.

As does the fact that he downed 3 pouches of strawberry applesauce that basically tasted like strawberry jelly.

If we can get it close to routine, it's going to be easier. For example, apparently, applesauce belongs in a bowl, not in a sectional plate, and plastic, not ceramic bowl. He enjoys a certain level of taste, but he doesn't like complex, and he's wary of new to the point of clamming up. If I can figure out how to get a chicken-tomato-carrot blend correct, we can be somewhat in business, maybe. Though tomato products have been having their own rough time in the pandemic food problems (it's hard to find tomato processed anything right now).