As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That is not [bad food] which does eternal lie, and in strange youtubes, even food may die

1114115116117118120»

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I had a bunch of apples so i decided to try and make something I remembered from my childhood

Puffed Apple Pancakes

Basically you partially bake some thinly sliced apples in the oven, then add a very eggy batter to the pan.

Was good

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

I'd move a few around, but that's a way more solid list than the bullshit chip tiers a while back

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Mmm, Crunch bars. I haven't had one in ages. Also Rolos are just inferior Riesens.

Madican on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Mmm, Crunch bars. I haven't had one in ages. Also Rolos are just inferior Riesens.

@Brolo you gonna put up with this shit?

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Tried one. It's pretty tasty, but quite dense. My cakes are always more like puddings. I'm not good at light, delicate cakes. Mary Berry would probably not approve.

I assume you're using cake flour and not AP flour? There's a significant difference between the two when it comes to crumb density.

I use plain flour, which I assume is our name for AP

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I had a bunch of apples so i decided to try and make something I remembered from my childhood

Puffed Apple Pancakes

Basically you partially bake some thinly sliced apples in the oven, then add a very eggy batter to the pan.

Was good
    One of my grandmothers used to do this dessert which was apple rings, battered, fried and then dusted in powdered sugar and cinnamon.

It was even better than it sounds. I need to ask my mum if she has the recipe...

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That does sound good. Though honestly you could batter and fry a mouldy old sock and dust it in sugar and cinnamon and I'd probably eat it

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Tried one. It's pretty tasty, but quite dense. My cakes are always more like puddings. I'm not good at light, delicate cakes. Mary Berry would probably not approve.

I assume you're using cake flour and not AP flour? There's a significant difference between the two when it comes to crumb density.

I use plain flour, which I assume is our name for AP

AP flour seems to be higher in gluten (10-11%) than "pastry flour" (8-9%) which is what most UK flour seems to be. Cake flour is 6-8%. Bread is 12+

Flour is a pretty weird word when you type it a few times in a line.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    That does sound good. Though honestly you could batter and fry a mouldy old sock and dust it in sugar and cinnamon and I'd probably eat it

Ah toad in the hole the old british classic

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    4kkrmur3flvg.jpg

Even rise, no collapse in the middle, no burning round the edges - that's definitely the best cake I've seen today.

I'm eating extremely low carb at the moment so looking at cakes, imagining the smell of cakes, closing my eyes and dreaming about cakes and then ploughing into the central reservation and so on is as close as I can get at the moment.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I don't know how you avoid a cake collapsing in the middle. My last few have all done that to me.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited October 2020
    I think that means it came out the oven too soon? So it's not set in the middle. I often have the opposite problem where the middle rises too much and I end up with a giant cake nipple. So I've started baking on a lower temp than the recipe says, but then it needs to be in longer. This was meant to be 45 minutes at 180°C and it took about 65 minutes at 160°C

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    I have to do a presentation today and I swear to God I will find some way to work the phrase "cake nipple" into it or die trying

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    ...”not unlike a cake-nipple”.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    V1m wrote: »
    I have to do a presentation today and I swear to God I will find some way to work the phrase "cake nipple" into it or die trying

Just don't over-egg the subtext and you'll be fine

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I had Taco Bell for lunch for the first time in months yesterday. I know their menu sucks now and they keep eliminating things that are good to replace with bad, but man I still love to fuck up a burrito covered in Diablo sauce

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    There's a wildfire burning right next to me and I feel like downing an entire Taco Bell party pack no cap.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    like .... literally?

or is there a metaphorical burning in your heart for taco bell?

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    like .... literally?

that's just the diablo sauce probably

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Xaquin wrote: »
    like .... literally?

Literal fire started during the weekend. My roommate called me about it because he was out somewhere and heard about it, so I looked up the fire map and sure enough, there was an evacuation zone maybe a few dozen miles away. Funny enough, didn't even really feel any concern, more like abject annoyance. Of course this year had to pop off with some wildfires. I left CA to get away from this shit and y'all gotta follow me. Went out to get some grossly unhealthy shit to stuff into the freezer, saw the blaze as I turned back home, and flipped it off. Fuck you 2020, eat shit. I'll go first with that box of taco supremes though.

Zxerol on
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    The Magic of a world-famous chocolate master research institute! Kyoto Japan! [ASMR][DELI BALI] 8:07
    https://youtu.be/bYZvfPqBHKY

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Good, good... now quadruple the amounts.

edited October 2020

Update: By general agreement the presentation has been delayed until tomorrow. This is, frankly, fortunate because the occasion is a training session which I missed a good 2 hours of because a new oven was being installed in the flat and my attention was diverted.

I'm rather hoping to avoid the slightly lazy fallback of "unlike...". I was thinking of going with a metaphor about how training key individuals (*cough*suchasV1m*cough*) can raise skills and therefore outcomes in that individual's local web of contacts, resulting in a measurable difference in something metaphorically akin to a thicker and therefore more desirable part of the slice of cake compared to the benighted outer zones of ignorance with unfulfilled potential to raise their blah blah something blah

Just don't over-egg the subtext and you'll be fine

What are you, the cake-nipple police?

V1m on
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    this ONION BURGER is a NATIONAL TREASURE 11:07
    https://youtu.be/lo8GVZkYEHE
    The Oklahoma Fried Onion Smashburger is a national treasure. This is the interesting history behind this onion burger and how to make it.

I would love to eat a burger like this but they don't make it over here i guess, seems super delicious

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    They're very good! Speaking as both an Oklahoman and an onion glutton.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Peas wrote: »
    I would love to eat a burger like this but they don't make it over here i guess, seems super delicious

You should make one! He proved in the video how easy they are!

edit: I'm totally going to make these next time I do burgers. I have a mandolin so slicing onions super thin is a breeze.

#pipe on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    he even did it kinda bad!

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »

You should make one! He proved in the video how easy they are!

edit: I'm totally going to make these next time I do burgers. I have a mandolin so slicing onions super thin is a breeze.

Cut to: [An ambulance speeds through the intersection, sirens wailing.]

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Step one: finally track down a supermarket that carries one of the good frozen custard bao brands

Step two: spend all afternoon eating egg custard bao

o6lbw7046qmn.jpg

There is no step three .

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    ...vomit after eating five cases of frozen custard bao?

3cl1ps3 on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Why would I want to remove all the delicious delicious bao from my system like that

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    True, true.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Why would I want to remove all the delicious delicious bao from my system like that

Because this way you can taste it twice?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    new thread time holy shit so behind

geth close the thread

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.