As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Conquest of Deepnest - Host Notes Up

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Clarification Denied

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sorry. CD is short for Clarification Denied. You do not get to know the answer to this question.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Thanks! Back to work here dang it.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Gotta be honest, I don't have the time or inclination to turn around a bandwagon today.

This is absurd though:
    ObiFett wrote: »
    jdark isn't trying to organize or theorize mechanics. Laying low like a mafia bug
    I am never active early, because of the frequency I get day 1'd. Me getting offed by the mafia on day 3 happens more often than not.

And you know this, which is wild.

(Obi sus)

@jdarksun We just had a super long day three and still nothing from you...

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I'm not in love with a bluecyan vote, but he's sent a couple probing pms in a style familiar from past games where he"s been mafia, so I'm ok with it.

Voting for BlueCyan because the above behavior sounds very familiar to me

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !BlueCyan wagon to prevent shenanigans. Not my preferred choice.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I guess glad to know my plays as village and plays as mafia look rather similar.
    That you are suspicious of someone means nothing. Everyone is suspicious of everyone else unless they are mafia buddies. That's not a vote reasoning, that's the game.

Show me something other than just "That's poor logic, must be mafia" and I'm open to be swayed. But right now, the Obi vote is based off of a single theory post which he's come back and said doesn't apply now that reveals have released more information. H3's analysis is more what I would want to see about someone before flipping votes that way, some pattern in voting or behavior that indicates they are behaving different from what they are saying.

The below post. I had both Obbi and ObiFett on my suspect list based on when or lack of their voting/end of round voting. I don't subscribe to everyone is suspicious, but I had voiced that prior to ObiFett's thoery. I'm not going to jump on someone for a bad theory alone, y'all know I've made more than my share. I was waffling between Obbi and Obi and the former had a better/neutral set of responses that day, the later seemed to not understand eight was a common form of damage and was trying to fabricate odd ability uses to try and get one of the more prominent (living) people the next day.
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Also its a battle game. Literally everyone is a Vig.

That’s not what a vig is. It literally isn’t everyone.
    We. Can. All. Kill. People.

Outside of the regular democracy. Vigilante Justice.

Attacks work differently than what we would consider normal Kill powers, like significantly so. To trace terms back to their literal definition does not really seem productive. From my perspective a Vig is a village player with the ability to instantly Kill another player. Though, what J4 described sounded more like a REALLY powerful attack than a true Vig power. Still a lot of control over players deaths housed in one village player.
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I can claim that barring a bus driver of some sort being in the game, I tapped Infidel to use my power to hit Cyth. It requires one person to be tapped for eight points of damage so I can put a buttload of hurt on the kingdom's enemies with my soul power.

I'm wondering why he'd lie about that, is the thing...

Was it a mistake to hit Cyth? I imagine, but I was just flailing around in the dark, much like the rest of you.

I disagree with some of Disc's conclusions but think they are on to something. The missing Luminous eyes hit I can see four reasons for:

1) Targeted someone that died, either Gizzy or J4. Wildcat probably died to Attacks which is later in the turn order than Kills which probably are in !!!. I might expect to see a combined kill in narration if it was mingled with the suspicious disappearance kill of Gizzy, so most likely J4 of the three deaths.
    (REF Order of actions: Vote>???>Guard>!!!>Attacks>Seer)

2) Target was Guarded. Known existence of ability in OoA so not just speculation.

3) Didn't get orders in on time.

4) Not an every night ability. Just speculation

So I guess I agree it might be likely the luminoius eyes kill was not around near vote close. I would say it's more likely for an SK than a mafia to have fully missed changing targets/not getting orders in. I also think targetting a runner up to be not a good general strategy, though maybe they were worried about J4s early Zap claims.

Obbi comes to mind as the only non-voter. Outside of that, maybe some of the earlier people on Jdark. I don't recall ObiFett being too active later on.

jdark mostly for self preservation in the unlikely event of a come back. They are only leaning mafia in my books. With they way the vote is structured I don't expect people to freely change around to get enough votes to change it. At this point I think village has to vote for me to get the numbers to prevent shenanigans.

Not sure if I should be disappointed the majority of the logic against me is "I dunno Blue, kind of sus" or somewhat proud that mafia blue and village blue have similar tendencies for people. Guess I'm playing one of them right?

Edit: Ha! I can legally edit a vote post!

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    Having a playstyle that is equally sus and equally effective no matter your role is how you have a winning track record over many games, nothing wrong with shooting for that. :twisted:

Three hours to go during the NA work day so I unfortunately think we can't change wagons.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    If I'm being honest, I'd be ok with a switch to jdark simply because there hasn't been any response from them over the 3day break at all over Blue who it at least contributing to the conversation.

I'm not sure if we'd get the numbers in time though.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    On the other hand, davids still refuses to vote for blue.
    I'm fine with Blue.
    And then we kill davids.

discrider on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I put in a temp vote on obbifett but im fine with switching.

Also note that obbi missed the vote yesterday and said they wernt used to this vote close but has said virtually nothing all weekend.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Looks like it's 8 votes for bluecyan with I think the next runner up being jdark at 3.
    I'm gonna put my vote on bluecyan to keep that bandwagon rolling.
    I didn't care much for the jdark vote yesterday and it hasn't grown on me.

I also find discrider's odd fixation on the new guy to be really interesting, to the point where I'm wondering if disc is doing some kind of bit?

• Options
    Bedlam, why would people "jump down your throat" for like using your power?
    Its happened a couple times before. But Id rather move forward than dredge up the past right now.

• Options
    Im switching to jdark since I feel like blue has been trying their best to be helpful and jdarks been unsually quiet.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Okay, it’s clear we are committed to Bluecyan

Updated list:

10 votes Bluecyan (7 Invictus, 8 discrider, 10 AustinP0027, 11 H3Knuckles, 12 SeGaTai, 13 Auralynx, 14 mrpaku, 15 Infidel, 17 premium, 19 davidsdurions)
    4 votes jdarksun (1 Lucedes, 3 Obbi, 16 Bluecyan, 18 Bedlam)
    1 vote Infidel (4 Obifett)
    0 votes Obifett (5 Bluecyan, 6 Infidel, 9 davidsdurions)
    0 votes davidsdurions (2 discrider)

Fake edit: adding Bedlam’s stated vote that came in as I was typing this up.

• Options
    Anything else we need to discuss before the end of the day? I’m not sure if I can be watching all the way up to the deadline.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Finally out of morning meetings and playing catch up....

I understand the Blue is sus votes but i think his reaction to the votes reads as village. Unfortunately I think that horse is out of the barn at this point so I've voted Blue anyway. Normally I would say I'm down to switch if the wagons move but with private voting I don't think anyone trusts the wagons to move this late in the day.

I was actually leaning towards voting Obifett initially because it feels like "people target Infidel D1 with abilities" is kind of a known thing, however the way he dropped the busdriver stuff once bedlam revealed his N1 attack reads very village to me. And I'm still willing to give Jdark the benefit of the doubt for another day, though his complete lack of engagement this "day" has me second guessing that slightly.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    2 Hour Warning for Votes and Orders. Only Votes in PM count.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Dropping a reminder for @JusticeforPluto @jdarksun @kime @Phyphor as the four who haven't posted anything in thread on their vote.

Make sure to get orders in.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »

I understand the Blue is sus votes but i think his reaction to the votes reads as village. Unfortunately I think that horse is out of the barn at this point so I've voted Blue anyway. Normally I would say I'm down to switch if the wagons move but with private voting I don't think anyone trusts the wagons to move this late in the day.

I was actually leaning towards voting Obifett initially because it feels like "people target Infidel D1 with abilities" is kind of a known thing, however the way he dropped the busdriver stuff once bedlam revealed his N1 attack reads very village to me. And I'm still willing to give Jdark the benefit of the doubt for another day, though his complete lack of engagement this "day" has me second guessing that slightly.

Uck. I mostly agree with this post, particularly the bit on Blue seeming village after his reaction to the vote. We have a couple hours, do we wanna try to switch or is that just giving mafia too much opportunity to interfere?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »

Uck. I mostly agree with this post, particularly the bit on Blue seeming village after his reaction to the vote. We have a couple hours, do we wanna try to switch or is that just giving mafia too much opportunity to interfere?

Invictus is on the list for looking helpful but putting a switch out there with two hours to go mid-day and some inactives.

Better to have a village-led vote that misses, than give the vote kill over to the mafia that definitely misses.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »

Invictus is on the list for looking helpful but putting a switch out there with two hours to go mid-day and some inactives.

Better to have a village-led vote that misses, than give the vote kill over to the mafia that definitely misses.

At this point, even I agree that you guys shouldn't switch trains. If another train rose up and they were another villager than clearly the mafia would mess up the vote so that you spent all of tomorrow killing me off again. Better to just kill one villager and have more information tomorrow to make a better guess of it.

I also don't have any issues with some of the first few people on my train, or the ones now that have to make a clear contender. My main issues are with those in the middle that decided to make a clear outlier with "I dunno blue kind of sus" claims. Kind of killed any useful discussion or vote analysis before half the people could put out their opinions.

In case I don't make it closer to vote close, Good luck village hope you manage to turn things around.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I put in a vote for Blue. Busy now until close

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I voted for blue. People also reached out to me with info in case they died, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    If they die village, then most likely something you should drop in thread so the village can see it.

Unless it's the identity of another village special, I guess, in which case absolutely don't do that and instead reach out in private.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    I put in a vote for Blue. Busy now until close

Had all weekend, posts once saying not going to have time for further comments. Makes a vote but doesn't provide rationale.

At the best, not useful but I can recall in games past that kime wouldn't be a fan of other people posting votes without giving some reasoning so this seems strange.

• Options
    Infidel's reaction to this whole thing still feels weird to me. It feels like a mafia being mad they are being accused for a stupid reason. Doesn't seem like the smart villager Infidel that would see this for what it is: a villager just trying to do what they can with the little info they do have.

Yes, everyone knows what happens when Infidel is accused. Doesn't ever call anyone out on it, nope.

Like, why you acting as if totally normal reactions and mechanics are unusual?

I've seen you be accused by a villager clearly just trying to throw ideas out. I've seen you dismiss it for what it is. Being immediately confrontational and counter-accusatory doesn't seem like you.

The mechanics thing is arguable, imo. I've seen plenty of self-targetable defensive abilities in battle games like this.

Edit: How bout this, Infidel. Since when do you vote for players because of a "weak vote"? That makes little sense in this situation, purely because we both know this early in a game with the mafia doing as well as they are that it's highly doubtful a mafia is gonna put their neck on the line with off the wall theories like I did. And you know that. And normally you'd realize that. Why aren't you now?

@Infidel No answer for this?

• Options
    Checking in for a minute while I can, looks like we are keeping with Bluecyan.

I’m going with the wagon to keep our potential losses down hopefully but I’ll double check just before the deadline just in case something different gets decided.

• Options
    JaysonFour died green after previously claiming he targeted Infidel with an attack. Infidel said he didn't take any damage.

This is either a lie, which means we vote him out. Or it means he was the target of a busdriver. I got hit for 8 that same night. Did anyone else? If not that means it was busdriven to me (or the person it was busdriven to died that night or the last). I guess it could also mean he was guarded, but the 8 damage I took is coincidental enough to make me think the busdrive over guarding.

If no one else can claim they took 8 damage, then it likely means Infidel was the target of a busdrive onto me.

Adding another layer to this, I was also hit by a heal that same night. I asked in thread for the person to come forward because I assumed that would be a village power (I still mostly do). The person who healed me came forward and said they targeted me. So, this means one of two things:
    1) They are telling the truth, which implies the busdrive is a one-way busdrive.
    2) They are lying. This would mean they knew about the busdrive and realized they could claim they targeted me because I wouldn't know they knew about the busdrive.

I'm inclined to believe its scenario #1. But in case its scenario #2, that would likely imply both Infidel and the healer are mafia, since in order for the healer to know about the busdrive it would imply they knew about someone else's actions which implies informed minority.

I think Infidel is our best vote today. Busdrivers aren't usually a village ability. And it makes sense the mafia would busdrive off of Infidel, fearing his big name would make him the target of an early hit squad.

Really all this drivel stems from the bolded, which is a wild assumption.
    ObiFett: "Why haven't people outed themselves other than myself?"

It is a mystery.

This is a gross mischaracterization and you're being overly hostile about this entire thing.

No, I don't feel it is a mischaracterization at all, everyone feel free to start at his first post there and follow the thread.

There isn't really anything further to add, and arguing is boring cause you're just claiming things as expected or factual when I'm pretty sure most would disagree with you. Like I don't have anything to defend myself from at this point.

Anyone else want to chime in with something here of substance from ObiFett, other than ObiFett?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    JaysonFour died green after previously claiming he targeted Infidel with an attack. Infidel said he didn't take any damage.

This is either a lie, which means we vote him out. Or it means he was the target of a busdriver. I got hit for 8 that same night. Did anyone else? If not that means it was busdriven to me (or the person it was busdriven to died that night or the last). I guess it could also mean he was guarded, but the 8 damage I took is coincidental enough to make me think the busdrive over guarding.

If no one else can claim they took 8 damage, then it likely means Infidel was the target of a busdrive onto me.

Adding another layer to this, I was also hit by a heal that same night. I asked in thread for the person to come forward because I assumed that would be a village power (I still mostly do). The person who healed me came forward and said they targeted me. So, this means one of two things:
    1) They are telling the truth, which implies the busdrive is a one-way busdrive.
    2) They are lying. This would mean they knew about the busdrive and realized they could claim they targeted me because I wouldn't know they knew about the busdrive.

I'm inclined to believe its scenario #1. But in case its scenario #2, that would likely imply both Infidel and the healer are mafia, since in order for the healer to know about the busdrive it would imply they knew about someone else's actions which implies informed minority.

I think Infidel is our best vote today. Busdrivers aren't usually a village ability. And it makes sense the mafia would busdrive off of Infidel, fearing his big name would make him the target of an early hit squad.

Really all this drivel stems from the bolded, which is a wild assumption.
    ObiFett: "Why haven't people outed themselves other than myself?"

It is a mystery.

This is a gross mischaracterization and you're being overly hostile about this entire thing.

No, I don't feel it is a mischaracterization at all, everyone feel free to start at his first post there and follow the thread.

There isn't really anything further to add, and arguing is boring cause you're just claiming things as expected or factual when I'm pretty sure most would disagree with you. Like I don't have anything to defend myself from at this point.

Anyone else want to chime in with something here of substance from ObiFett, other than ObiFett?

ok, so you are just going to ignore this
    Since when do you vote for players because of a "weak vote"? That makes little sense in this situation, purely because we both know this early in a game with the mafia doing as well as they are that it's highly doubtful a mafia is gonna put their neck on the line with off the wall theories like I did. And you know that. And normally you'd realize that. Why aren't you now?

coolcool

• Options
    When/if the mafia kill me tonight and Infidel comes out and is all "of course the mafia would kill him, it makes me look bad", dont say I didnt tell you all so.

Infidel is not being villager Infidel

• Options

Everyone feel free to read the thread and see how good his takes are.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options

Everyone feel free to read the thread and see how good his takes are.

I had one wild theory, which I am happy with how it shook out in thread.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    bluecyan seems fine

• Options
    Day Three: Too Easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSvd8uS_XAc

The troops reported light skirmishes in a half dozen separate conflicts. Upon hearing this, the gigantic knight called a halt to inspire the army. As the line halted, the troops pushed forward a bug who had been found guilty of plotting to sabotage the army. Such a crime was punishable by a swift macing. Bluecyan hadn’t really been plotting to sabotage the army he was just trying to escape back to his idle life of pleasure. He quickly attempted to go back in time (?) but a heavy claw stopped him from moving. He burst into tears but it did not stop the descent of the mace.

Invictus wiped the blood from his wounds. He had little patience for the superstitious fools surrounding him. They were mere resources to someone of his stature. Vessels of energy for his power. Invictus began the ritual and the insect before him cowered as silver light flared from its eyes and mouth. Invictus was professional enough not to smile, but he deeply enjoyed his work. These fools sent away his colleague, but the war could still be won as long as he had resources and power. Invictus didn’t count on resources having friends though, and their nails finished what they had started.

Bedlam wanted so badly to take off his armor but it was the only thing holding him together. He had never failed his king and he would never do so. He was the greatest of the king’s knights and he... was so very tired and wounded. He would do one last job before his rest. He brought his mace down on his target and fell over. He could hear them closing in. He mustered the energy for one last roar, hoping to inspire his army to victory without him.

Obifett pulled his lance from the corpse of his foe and frowned. Something seemed off. He brushed his insignia of rank and thought about how best to proceed. A loud roar stirred him from his reverie. The others had vanished while he had been musing and the tunnel was completely dark now. No, not completely, all around him stared large luminous eyes. He tried to draw his lance but did not have the time.

mrpaku pounced at his foe, bearing his fangs and laughed as the fool ran off into the adjoining cavern. He didn’t think things were going so bad. This was a most entertaining expedition. He began to chase his foe, hoping for a satisfying hunt and accolades on his return. The poor fool was just standing there with his back turned and his defenses lowered. mrpaku was a bit disappointed. Too easy he thought...

The Dead:
    Bluecyan - Dandy
    Invictus - Soul Twister
    Bedlam - Hegemol
    ObiFett - Lance Sentry
    mrpaku - Deephunter

PMs are going out but feel free to play. @Obbi @kime @jdarksun on noticed for inactivity. @Obbi to be replaced with @Locus for inactivity.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    oOooOoooOoooOOoOOOOOooO
    Too long spent together... now we are one
    oooOOoOoooooOOOOOooooOOO

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ok, so the Hunter knows what he's doing :/

• Options
    Looks like:

Blue - vote
    Invictus - Village Battlers
    Bedlam - Village Battlers?
    ObiFett - Spider Kill (are we thinking that's mafia at this point?)
    mrpaku - Assassin/Hunter Kill?

• Options
    I think all results are out, all lists are up to date, and all clarifications are answered. If I am forgetting something let me know and I'll get to you asap.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Day 1 Results
    Virgil_Leads_You [6] - Bluecyan (11), discrider (14), Bedlam (18), JusticeforPluto (26), Auralynx (28), Cythraul (29)
    Cythraul [3] - jdarksun (3), Heffling (5), SeGaTai (24)
    premium [2] - Gizzy (6), Lucedes (20)
    ObiFett [2] - davidsdurions (13), LostNinja (17)
    Obbi/Locus [2] - Phyphor (19), Wildcat (25)
    Kime [2] - Infidel (1), H3Knuckles (22)
    Invictus [2] - JPants (8), Spoit(16)
    Infidel [2] - AutinP0027 (9), Kime (27)
    Wildcat [1] - Obbi/Locus (4)
    Spoit [1] - JaysonFour (23)
    LostNinja [1] - Invictus (21)
    Gizzy [1] - premium (7)
    discrider [1] - ObiFett (2)
    davidsdurions [1] - Virgil_Leads_You (10)
    Bluecyan [1] - mrpaku (15)

Did Note Vote: None

Day 2 Results
    JaysonFour [11] - premium (6), AustinP0027 (7), Bedlam (8), Bluecyan (12), davidsdurions (13), Auralynx (21), jdarksun (24), JPants (27), Infidel (28), SeGaTai (29), kime (30), Phyphor (31)
    jdarksun [7] - ObiFett (3), Lucedes (5), discrider (10), H3Knuckles (11), Invictus (16), kime (19), mrpaku (20), JaysonFour (25), JusticeforPluto (26)
    Jpants [2] - Gizzy (4), Bluecyan (15)
    Bedlam [1] - JaysonFour (9), Wildcat (23)
    davidsdurions [1] - discrider (14)
    Invictus [0] - discrider (1), kime (18)
    Kime [0] - discrider (2)
    LostNinja [0] - kime (17)
    SeGaTai [0] - JusticeforPluto (22)

Did Note Vote: Obbi/Locus

Day 3 Results
    Warning, not confirmed votes!
    Bluecyan [14] - Invictus (7), discrider (8), AustinP0027 (10), H3Knuckles (11), SeGaTai (12), Auralynx (13), mrpaku (14), Infidel (15), premium (17), davidsdurions (19), JPants (20), kime (21), JusticeforPluto (22), Phyphor (23)
    jdarksun [4] - Lucedes (1), Obbi/Locus (3), Bluecyan (16), Bedlam (18)
    Infidel [1] - ObiFett (4)
    davidsdurions [0] - discrider (2)
    ObiFett [0] - Bluecyan (5), Infidel (6), davidsdurions (9)

Did Not Vote/Take Action: Obbi/Locus, kime, jdarksun
    Obbi replaced with Locus

AustinP0027 on