As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Per Aspera, Nine Witches, Haven, Phogs, Morbid & El Hijo out today!

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    TBH just relocate to wherever actually tackled the virus as a society.

I say that from the UK where my fucking politicians deal with a god damn base denominator eat in restaurant pub that microwaves shite stopped them giving good instructions.

Fuck it. Burn all the capitalists that failed down, even if how it comes is in shitty libertarians like valve moving borders.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't have enough money to move

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    "Because I've been going on a pro-New Zealand campaign lately, I'm probably going to be meeting with the Prime Minister," Newell said, "and one of the positions I'm going to be arguing for is that, given there is something super valuable that has been created here in New Zealand due to the hard work of the population of New Zealand, there is likely a large want to temporarily relocate production teams into the country."

Newell also suggested that the coronavirus has knocked productivity at Valve down by 50-75 percent, and that it hadn't really come up with a solution to the big changes that working from home forces upon developers. Another reason he might want it to relocate to New Zealand.

gabe stay the fuck out of uninfected countries

But how can one quantify a 50 to 75% reduction of zero work?

• Options
    they're only canceling half the games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I like how Valve put out an actual new game this year, but that hasn't stopped people from dunking on them.

Probably as it should be.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    "Because I've been going on a pro-New Zealand campaign lately, I'm probably going to be meeting with the Prime Minister," Newell said, "and one of the positions I'm going to be arguing for is that, given there is something super valuable that has been created here in New Zealand due to the hard work of the population of New Zealand, there is likely a large want to temporarily relocate production teams into the country."

Newell also suggested that the coronavirus has knocked productivity at Valve down by 50-75 percent, and that it hadn't really come up with a solution to the big changes that working from home forces upon developers. Another reason he might want it to relocate to New Zealand.

Hey Gabe, you know what else has knocked productivity down 50%? Not having a clear fucking vision of what you want your devs to accomplish! Moving to NZ isn't going to change that!

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Because the way Valve makes games is "acquire a developer, have them make a game, then let them sit around for years never doing anything with them ever again".

• Options
    I like how Valve put out an actual new game this year, but that hasn't stopped people from dunking on them.

maybe i would dunk on half life alyx less if making it didn't involve murdering campo santo

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

maybe i would dunk on half life alyx less if making it didn't involve murdering campo santo

I wasn't saying that as a bad thing, mind.

• Options

Probably as it should be.
    Valve murdered one of my favourite card games because they are so compelled to be rent seeking assholes.

They, just like amazon, don’t deserve shit of the profits from what should be a national service.

• Options
    oh and let's not forget last year's game, the rip-off of a game a mod team made in dota 2 so that they could monetize it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    you know how high school can really suck shit, and everyone says life gets better afterwards, and it usually does, but also you keep seeing those exact same social dynamics take charge and play out, over and over again, and it's always the same type of asshole who comes out on top

valve is a company that was accidentally designed to encourage and reward that exact situation, and the people who thrive in that environment don't want to make games, they want to make money

• Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    Remember when valve let a game called "Rape Night" onto it's service?

• Options
    oh and let's not forget last year's game, the rip-off of a game a mod team made in dota 2 so that they could monetize it

And then they both got spanked by Riot.

The turnaround between a mod team having a great idea and corporations stealing that idea was tragically quick. Faster than I had ever seen it before.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

And then they both got spanked by Riot.

The turnaround between a mod team having a great idea and corporations stealing that idea was tragically quick. Faster than I had ever seen it before.

I guess after PUBG and Fortnite, others realized that new ideas should be copied immediately.

• Options
    Facebook has been doing the same thing for ages with software features. It was only a matter of time before this became part of the videogame realm, as well.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Places like New Zealand dont take riffraff like myself I'd have to travel in a shipping container

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    new zealand is on the shortlist for the first neo-feudal fiefdom anyway

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Ayyyyy Torin's Passage made it to the top 10!

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

It's basically already there. The NZ government is doing nothing to stem the onslaught of billionaire compounds springing up on the islands because they want That Cash and would prefer people not pay attention to how much it props up their economy. Same thing with oligarchs buying property in London for the past 20 years.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Hey Gabe, you know what else has knocked productivity down 50%? Not having a clear fucking vision of what you want your devs to accomplish! Moving to NZ isn't going to change that!

Gabe came to NZ for a 2 week holiday in March and has been here ever since.
    Asked why he loved New Zealand, Newell said: "For me it's very much about the community spirit, the sense that everyone can come together and solve this super-challenging problem [snip]"

Pointed hmmmmmmmm.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just wait until he unveils a new algorithm to solve the pandemic

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

It's basically already there. The NZ government is doing nothing to stem the onslaught of billionaire compounds springing up on the islands because they want That Cash and would prefer people not pay attention to how much it props up their economy. Same thing with oligarchs buying property in London for the past 20 years.

So what I'm gathering is NZ is a paradise for the filthy fucking rich.

Fishman wrote: »

Gabe came to NZ for a 2 week holiday in March and has been here ever since.
    Asked why he loved New Zealand, Newell said: "For me it's very much about the community spirit, the sense that everyone can come together and solve this super-challenging problem [snip]"

Pointed hmmmmmmmm.

And Gabe just happens to really love it there.

🤔

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Rich jerks are actively planning to abandon the rest of the world in favor of "riding it out" in New Zealand when the climate shit hits the planetary fan.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    I enjoyed Sierra games quite a bit as a kid but I don't think you could pay me to go back and play any of them again.
    The opposite for me, I enjoy going back to old adventure games, especially the more experimental ones like Quest for Glory, adventure/RPG hybrids that pretty much don't exist any more. Having not only multiple solutions to the same goals, but those solutions actually making sense blew my young mind.

Time for my bi-monthly stumping for Heroine's Quest, a completely free game on Steam that is my second-favorite QfG game (just millimeters behind QfG4)

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Rich jerks are actively planning to abandon the rest of the world in favor of "riding it out" in New Zealand when the climate shit hits the planetary fan.

god fucking damnit

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I bought and almost immediately refunded Among Us because every game I joined was nothing but people spamming "sus" and fuck sometimes I hate our electric monoculture.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I cannot imagine ever wanting to play among us with anyone but my dearest and closest friends

Shorty on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I bought and almost immediately refunded Among Us because every game I joined was nothing but people spamming "sus" and fuck sometimes I hate our electric monoculture.

What is "sus" , do I want to know? I rarely do when I ask what a new slang means lately

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    thts p sus iyam...

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

What is "sus" , do I want to know? I rarely do when I ask what a new slang means lately

suspicious

and yeah, Among Us is an incredible game for playing with people you like and an awful game for playing with randos

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

I'm Andy Rooney and what I want to know is

why aren't the teens playing Spy Party

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular

Well, at least Night Road is real good.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I mean I bet her work on the game has essentially been done for a goddamn decade at this point

At some point if you delay a game for like two years, certain project members don't really have a ton to do

Maddoc on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

I'll admit I might be biased.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

good to see the police quest and leisure suit Larry games at the bottom of that list

I talked about this in this thread a couple years ago but I actually kind of liked police quest 1 specifically for the reasons they hate it. I loved the tedium and nitpicky procedures; the writer is correct to identify it with a kind of Yogi Bear-ish PSA, but it doesn't glorify violence or make police work seem like some kind of cool action movie. You fill out a lot of paperwork, issue minor citations, take statements, and mind your p's and q's. What you do in the game honestly sounds like what I'd expect of the kind of hypothetical, post-defunding public security agency people have talked about this past year.

I thought I failed the first mission of Police Quest SWAT because I shot the dude. After the mission you get called into the briefing room where they place you on leave pending review. I reloaded my save and played it like 10 times trying to find a way to not shoot the dude until I figured out the "placing you on leave" isn't an end game state.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Gabe hid from Corona in NZ and he didn't even have the decency to release the Index to NZers as a thank you.

• Options
    Honestly the main issue with public Among Us games is that I can't filter for games that aren't using pants on head stupid settings like double speed or increased vision or whatever.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Among Us public id about as stressful as dropping fresh and new into a first person shooter multiplayer match full of players who've been at it for 6 months while you just figured out what the firing button is.

pHWHd2G.jpg
This discussion has been closed.