As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Welcome to the Exclusive PA [Wrestling] Thread

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Wild guess here but what if
    Gedo

gets kicked out of Bullet Club...

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Card for the G1 tonight and my thoughts
    Yano, YOSHIHASHI, Ishii and Goto vs Taichi, ZSJ, Douki and Desperado
    Hiromu and Shingo vs Suzuki and Kanemaru
    Tanahashi, Cobb, Wato and Juice vs Switchblade, Gedo, KENTA and Taiji
    Okada and SHO vs Ospreay and Great-O-Kharn
    Naito and BUSHI vs EVIL and Yujiro
    Kota vs SANADA

I think we get at least one turn: either SHO betrays Okada to join Ospreay and O-Kharn, or one of EVIL/Switchblade gets beat up by Bullet Club members. Wild card is SANADA betrays Naito

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Card for the G1 tonight and my thoughts
    Yano, YOSHIHASHI, Ishii and Goto vs Taichi, ZSJ, Douki and Desperado
    Hiromu and Shingo vs Suzuki and Kanemaru
    Tanahashi, Cobb, Wato and Juice vs Switchblade, Gedo, KENTA and Taiji
    Okada and SHO vs Ospreay and Great-O-Kharn
    Naito and BUSHI vs EVIL and Yujiro
    Kota vs SANADA

I think we get at least one turn: either SHO betrays Okada to join Ospreay and O-Kharn, or one of EVIL/Switchblade gets beat up by Bullet Club members. Wild card is SANADA betrays Naito

thoughs on the very last part
    Jay gets kicked out and SANADA joins BC with EVIL?

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    For AEW, would it help if they had a promoter/commissioner/CEO character?

Like, you’ve got Nyla/Vickie saying “we want a title shot” and Shida saying “I’ll take on anybody” but nobody in between to say why those 2 aren’t fighting. Might it help if somebody was there to say “Your ranking fell. Get a couple wins and we’ll talk.”

Somebody to be the face of their Ranking System?

That would make sense actually. I was thinking whenever they kept giving the Bucks fines that it would be better if there was some authority talking about it on camera or even suspending them a few weeks. Having it just be a side note in commentary really makes it less impactful.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I imagine they don't want to make a commissioner or owner into a character/heel the way WWE does, because it could get old very fast but: we know who the owner of AEW is, and he's very vocal about the product, we know who is nominally in charge of the promotion itself, and they're on screen all the time, and also they want it to feel like real sports/competitions, and every sport in the US has a highly visible commissioner or...whatever title Dana White has. I get that they don't necessarily want to go down the same route WWE has on its main shows, but William Regal in NXT has largely shown that you can just have a character in charge of decisions like that without making them an absurd hindrance to things. His character there is, "guy who wants to put on a good wrestling show and keep talent from blowing up the whole fucking place with whatever absurd shit they want to do this week," and it works. They don't have to have the Young Bucks hit Tony Khan with a bedpan.

Also like...they should have a character whose job it is to tell other people "no," before someone decides they need to run a story where one of his rivals gets mad at Cody for giving himself title shots or something. Because I don't know that they're going to have the sense to avoid that forever.

Wrestle Kingdom announced as two nights again with a good ass logo

20200104_WK15logo_%E5%86%A0%E5%85%A5%E3%82%8A.jpg

Looked up VarsanPlus and...

Varsan-plus.png

Oh my God he did it! Yano successfully sold Wrestle Kingdom!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    wrestling podcast DEADLOCK may have actually made the best wrestling shirt of all time

https://shop.deadlockpw.com/collections/halloween-2020/products/budokan-tee
    G96q69I.png

Crippl3 on
    G1 thoughts
    Overall it was fine year all things considerng but honestly I didnt watch much it felt like my hype was absolutely shot.

Ibushi is a rad winner, someone isn't leaving the WK main event alive

Ibushi was totally concussed at the end of the match he needs some time off me thinks.

Ospreay and Oka making a faction? weak.

Also this has been the worst Young Lions class in ages

Wato.... well sorry @PwnanObrien he sucks
    Oka yeah he aint doing it for me
    Big K left cause of injury
    There are other forgettable names who all retired/Left still as YL's

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I thought this was an excellent G1. Every night had bangers, people like Taichi, Cobb, and Yoshi-Hashi really stepped up. The crowds did a good job adjusting to the rules and did their best to stay hype even when they couldn’t cheer.

They did pretty much the best they could have with the situation they had to deal with.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Found some extremely blessed content on reddit earlier, Maki Itoh singing A Cruel Angel's Thesis with other DDT folks: https://streamable.com/sbima

G1 thoughts
    Overall it was fine year all things considerng but honestly I didnt watch much it felt like my hype was absolutely shot.

Ibushi is a rad winner, someone isn't leaving the WK main event alive

Ibushi was totally concussed at the end of the match he needs some time off me thinks.

Ospreay and Oka making a faction? weak.

Also this has been the worst Young Lions class in ages

Wato.... well sorry @PwnanObrien he sucks
    Oka yeah he aint doing it for me
    Big K left cause of injury
    There are other forgettable names who all retired/Left still as YL's

Honestly my fandom of Wato started out ironic because he looks stupid but the fact that he uses all the Kung-Fu and Taekwondo moves from wrestling games like a create-a-wrestler kinda fucking rules. You'll be watching some tag match where he's not even in the ring then suddenly he comes in flying from off-screen with a kick like late 90s RVD.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    My first watch of the G1 has taught me that round robin tournaments are an excellent way to push a bunch of your talent and put on great matches, but also you need more than one Yano in the tournament because holy shit is it grueling, and at a certain point, uncomfortable to watch.

I also learned that Jay White is an amazing heel, Juice is amazing, and that I never want someone to hit the Destino while I'm listening to the English commentary. Fuck I thought I hated Kevin Kelly already and boy I found new depths for that hatred, fast.

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
    Normally there's more than one "easy day" like Yano in a tournament but YOSHI-HASHI, Taichi and even fucking Yujiro decided to show up on their A game this year. There was no New Japan dad in the competition, the closest we got was Tanahashi who still has 8-pack abs. There was no Fale, thankfully.

...but hey BOTSJ is next month and maybe both blocks will get a young lion to maul. If nothing else Taguchi will probably fill half of his matches with weird butt related humor.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    I love how NJPW filmed all these US shows and air them at the same time Cobb, KENTA and Jay we in Japan competing in the G1

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    As much as it sucks that WWE broke up Heavy Machinery, at least Tucker found a suitable replacement partner in El Grand Gordo.

(If you're not watching Raw: yes, that's exactly what it sounds like.)

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Just starting raw. I hate, hate the fiend alexa bliss team up. She's my favorite wrestler on the roster male or female.

But she looks really good tonight! She's always been kind of harley quinn, she looks beautiful! And hot as well the man in me has to say.

I like the look, love alexa as a heel, and think she looks absolutely bad ass tonight I still hate her with the fiend.

I hope to fuck they don't ruin her.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    As much as it sucks that WWE broke up Heavy Machinery, at least Tucker found a suitable replacement partner in El Grand Gordo.

No, it's bullshit they broke up . I may have preferred otis, but they were a great tag team and otis while gimmick will be old but funny in a few months.

He's mid card at best and they should have never put the money on the bank on him. And I say this fucking loving him.

Edit and If this is something that really happens
    I assume the broke them up when only otis for drafted to a side. I assumed it was something that happened but just now starting raw

RickRude on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Just starting raw. I hate, hate the fiend alexa bliss team up. She's my favorite wrestler on the roster male or female.

But she looks really good tonight! She's always been kind of harley quinn, she looks beautiful! And hot as well the man in me has to say.

I like the look, love alexa as a heel, and think she looks absolutely bad ass tonight I still hate her with the fiend.

I hope to fuck they don't ruin her.

Anythings better than more moment of bliss segments.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

EkvUihcXIAUXXXa?format=jpg&name=small

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Alexa Bliss as the Fiendette is the most awful fucking fanfiction.net shit. Putting them in a segment with Retribution is just daring people to stop watching.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

I don't know you enough to know if you should get benefit of the doubt, but hey, let's try to avoid male gazing the female wrestlers, ok?

BLM - ACAB
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Retribution lost their first match to the Hurt Business.

Then they got destroyed by the Fiend.

Great start!

Also after breaking up the Iiconics, Royce starts her new career with...teaming up with Lacey Evans?

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

I don't know you enough to know if you should get benefit of the doubt, but hey, let's try to avoid male gazing the female wrestlers, ok?

We're only allowed to talk about how hot Tanahashi is in this thread. Sometimes Cesaro and Ibushi too.

uyvfOQy.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    What happened with Cobb and AEW? He had like 1 appearance last year, did a move, and then was gone.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    What happened with Cobb and AEW? He had like 1 appearance last year, did a move, and then was gone.

He had a match with Moxley, too. Pretty sure he was only there for the angle and they weren't planning on keeping him full time.

Pursuing options and wanted New Japan more. They claimed to leave the door open for him to return, but obviously with corona making travel restricted and with mandatory quarantines, doing both wasn't a good idea even if possible and even if it was a deal he managed to reach with both companies

If you want a similar thing look at Gallows and Anderson; they've made it clear they're doing both TNA and New Japan, and New Japan's actually supposedly verbally agreed to Gallows and Anderson coming back, but they can't do both at the same time, so they're only doing TNA right now until corona is less of an issue. Which will be a while

The Orange County Department of Health is investigating 17 businesses where they feel COVID-19 may be spreading at a faster rate than other places. The county Health Officer believes young people are gathering in these places to cheer for their favorite sports teams and that these locations have specifically been mentioned by those who have recently tested positive. The Amway Center where WWE holds Raw and Smackdown on set at the ThunderDome, the WWE Performance Center in Orlando and WWE's set up at Full Sail University all made the list. WWE issued the following statement to WFTV, which ran the original story:

“WWE is not open to the public, but rather operating on a closed set with only essential personnel in attendance. As part of on-going weekly testing protocols, Aventus Labs have administered more than 10,000 PCR tests to WWE performers, employees, production staff and crew resulting in only 1.5 percent positive cases as compared to the current national average of more than 5%. Additionally, extensive contact tracing takes place and impacted individuals are placed in 14-day quarantine and then only cleared after they test negative.”

WWE admits to at least 150 positive tests

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    shocking

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I like this new Pete Dunne.

He looked like he'd wreck you before.

Now, I'm not unconvinced that there won't be a tear in space where you once existed when he's finished with you.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!

How about hitting a german on two people at once?

https://youtu.be/KrlmIgCBgmU

BLM - ACAB
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah I saw Jeff Cobb wrestle live not too long ago, and he's built like a fucking diesel train.

Yeah I saw Jeff Cobb wrestle live not too long ago, and he's built like a fucking diesel train.

I got to meet him up close and shake his hand after doing a seminar with Luchasaurus. He's not as tall as thought but nearly as broad as he is tall.

BLM - ACAB
This discussion has been closed.