As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Per Aspera, Nine Witches, Haven, Phogs, Morbid & El Hijo out today!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Sus just means suspicious, it's older slang that picked up steam in Among Us and now everyone says it

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Don't let him

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    All he has to do is say he's making a movie. As far as I know NZ gov't will bend over backwards and legally screw its labour force just to keep that sweet Hollywood money coming.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    or he can just pay them a bunch of money like uh...peter thiel did, I think

some fantastically rich fuckhead, anyway

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That interview is a whole lot of a guy refusing to take any responsibility for things that went wrong for him

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Doesn’t Cliffy B have enough money that he doesn’t need to do this anymore

I guess some people just got itchy if people don’t pay attention to them

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Doesn’t Cliffy B have enough money that he doesn’t need to do this anymore

I guess some people just got itchy if people don’t pay attention to them

if people aren't calling me a fuckhead what is even the point of the games industry

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

good to see the police quest and leisure suit Larry games at the bottom of that list

They should all, somehow, be at the bottom of the list

Aww. :( I'm a big fan of the lsl series, especially 6 and 7, which are some of the few sierra games to not have stupid random death or walking dead bullshit. 7 especially does go into the cheesecake too much, but I do think it's genuinely funny and the voice acting in 6 and 7 are both great. I think 7 deserves to be higher than 50 at least, or at least be the highest of the series.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I like to imagine the NZ government plans to seize all the billionaire survival compounds and turn them into cockroach farms or whatever ghoulish fare we'll all be enjoying in the future if we're lucky

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    new zealand is on the shortlist for the first neo-feudal fiefdom anyway

It's basically already there. The NZ government is doing nothing to stem the onslaught of billionaire compounds springing up on the islands because they want That Cash and would prefer people not pay attention to how much it props up their economy. Same thing with oligarchs buying property in London for the past 20 years.

So what I'm gathering is NZ is a paradise for the filthy fucking rich.

Rich jerks are actively planning to abandon the rest of the world in favor of "riding it out" in New Zealand when the climate shit hits the planetary fan.

I guess I would need to read more on the science behind this, but I would think NZ, being a large island in the Pacific, would be on the short list of being one of the quickest places with major consequences of climate change? Maybe not?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    new zealand is on the shortlist for the first neo-feudal fiefdom anyway

It's basically already there. The NZ government is doing nothing to stem the onslaught of billionaire compounds springing up on the islands because they want That Cash and would prefer people not pay attention to how much it props up their economy. Same thing with oligarchs buying property in London for the past 20 years.

So what I'm gathering is NZ is a paradise for the filthy fucking rich.

Rich jerks are actively planning to abandon the rest of the world in favor of "riding it out" in New Zealand when the climate shit hits the planetary fan.

I guess I would need to read more on the science behind this, but I would think NZ, being a large island in the Pacific, would be on the short list of being one of the quickest places with major consequences of climate change? Maybe not?

Based purely on what I’ve seen in movies I think there’s a lot of elevated mountainous regions that will probably stay above water for some time

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    so, G String really goes places. It still feels like a weird nightmare where you don't really do much with intention, but are just constantly moving forward as you press deeper into all sorts of places as events sort of happen around you

as it's gone on, the level design is also really playing with these huge areas that you only get to experience glimpses of as you crawl from tiny bits of cover to tiny bits of cover, and crawl on small ledges to make your way across.

you really do feel like a small animal stuck in the giant structure that is this city

I'm really really impressed by this

i've also turned film grain and chromatic aberration way up, and i kinda wish that the game had the pixelated distortions and audio popping of something like kane and lynch 2.

• Options
    Roll for initiative, take attacks of opportunity, manage player location and the verticality of the battle field in this upcoming Turn-Based Tactical RPG based on the SRD 5.1 Ruleset. In Solasta, you make the choices, dice decide your destiny.
    20201020 Solasta EA (D&D, singleplayer, CRPG, tactics)

Rediscover gravity and explore an Escher-esque world of impossible architecture. Witness infinity in first-person and master its rules to solve physics-defying puzzles. Cultivate a garden to open new paths forward, where an eternal expanse awaits.
    20201020 Mainfold Garden (Puzzle, exploration, discovery, abstract, perspective, my brain)

Amnesia: Rebirth, a new descent into darkness from the creators of the iconic Amnesia series. A harrowing journey through desolation and despair, exploring the limits of human resilience.
    20201020 Amensia Rebirth (spooky, scary, survival horror, dark)

• Options
    if anyone tries out Solasta, please let me know how it is!

weird to be getting BG3 EA and Solasta as a separate game that focuses on 5.1 tactics at the same time

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I think something on my computer disagrees with large Steam downloads. I'm redownloading Doom Eternal and twice now my internet has died and I had to restart my computer to get it back.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Also, G String has had a character just show up in latex fetish gear in a cutscene, and has some other things going wrt women

It's certainly very cyberpunk. Sometimes it does start to become punk tho

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

weird to be getting BG3 EA and Solasta as a separate game that focuses on 5.1 tactics at the same time

Have you tried the demo they put out a while back? It got me interested in the game, I'll probably pick up the EA.

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »

Have you tried the demo they put out a while back? It got me interested in the game, I'll probably pick up the EA.

no, I've been having terrible luck with steam demos, honestly I hate how everything is time limited and they put out like 100 demos in a week, then remove most of the information about them but sometimes leave links to them

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

no, I've been having terrible luck with steam demos, honestly I hate how everything is time limited and they put out like 100 demos in a week, then remove most of the information about them but sometimes leave links to them

The Paradise Killer demo was probably great for my hype but also extremely silly to just be the game on a 1-hour invisible timer and a few invisible walls.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    V

Brolo on
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Ha, v

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9M-GTdcF80

the gameplay of this looks fine, but the animated cinematic trailer (the twitter one) just seems... unintentionally hilarious? it's largely the voice acting

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    fucken, V man...

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    V has come to

V has cum, too

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Strangely enough, no one cums in MGS games

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

show your research

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »

I would love to see this edgelord dudebro asshole actually try to make a "cute" game

it'll be a trainwreck

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hobnail wrote: »

false
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SHTT2S2fm4

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Doom Eternal DLC impressions:
    Either I'm out of practice or this is harder than the base game. I'm playing on ultra violence (the same as what I played the base game on) and it is kicking my ass.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »

I was going to say that's it's unfair to put the blame on those devs.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Thinking about that Sierra ranking article brought back this really specific memory

When I was in 4th or 5th grade, I saw EcoQuest in a jewel case in a bargain bin at a Walmart. I convinced my mom to get it for me. And I loved that game. Loved, loved, loved. I got to play as a kid my age, making animal friends, doing science, and saving our world from real threats that endanger it. It felt empowering and optimistic and magical, and it explored spaces and themes and emotions that I'd never seen in games. I was absolutely over the moon for it. It was my favorite game ever, at that time.

Because the jewel case release was a reprinting of the game, the little CD booklet mentioned that there was also an EcoQuest 2. I was desperate to play it. For my birthday, I got a card from my mom with an IOU for EcoQuest 2. Because she could not, for the life of her, find a copy of it. This was ~1995, in suburban Colorado. She checked Walmart, Circuit City, the KB Toys at the mall. No dice. And places like that, they wouldn't special order anything for you. She couldn't hop on Amazon and order it. She just genuinely had no idea how to get a copy of this game, and never did find it.

It's so weird to remember a time when PC games were purely physical things that one might have trouble obtaining. I've got hundreds of games in my Steam library, many of which I will never actually play. "Scarcity" is a completely foreign concept in PC gaming, now.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Just last night I was thinking about games I played just because they were video games.

Like, I played several Crash Bandicoot games, but I don't know if I actually ever really liked them - they just kind of fit the idea of what video games were to me and I played them as a result. Presumably I purchased them or got them as gifts or whatever, but I have very little memory of that.

And I feel like that kind of fits into the idea of the video game scarcity of the past (and the present lack of it, or even the reverse, the inundation of games). I can't say anything for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if I played Crash Bandicoot because I went to the EB or the Funcoland or whatever and it was a game that was available to me for what I could afford. I know I also sought out specific games during this time, I know I was also playing FF7 or BG2 or whatever, and those didn't happen that way, but there was definitely like, a certain class of video games that I just played because they were what was available to me (and because I was a twelve year old without clearly defined taste or better things to do with my time).

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Thinking about that Sierra ranking article brought back this really specific memory

When I was in 4th or 5th grade, I saw EcoQuest in a jewel case in a bargain bin at a Walmart. I convinced my mom to get it for me. And I loved that game. Loved, loved, loved. I got to play as a kid my age, making animal friends, doing science, and saving our world from real threats that endanger it. It felt empowering and optimistic and magical, and it explored spaces and themes and emotions that I'd never seen in games. I was absolutely over the moon for it. It was my favorite game ever, at that time.

Because the jewel case release was a reprinting of the game, the little CD booklet mentioned that there was also an EcoQuest 2. I was desperate to play it. For my birthday, I got a card from my mom with an IOU for EcoQuest 2. Because she could not, for the life of her, find a copy of it. This was ~1995, in suburban Colorado. She checked Walmart, Circuit City, the KB Toys at the mall. No dice. And places like that, they wouldn't special order anything for you. She couldn't hop on Amazon and order it. She just genuinely had no idea how to get a copy of this game, and never did find it.

It's so weird to remember a time when PC games were purely physical things that one might have trouble obtaining. I've got hundreds of games in my Steam library, many of which I will never actually play. "Scarcity" is a completely foreign concept in PC gaming, now.

haha this reminds me of something I posted a few days ago:
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Anyway I spent the time between clicking "yes I want milk again" on the grocery store website watching Youtube videos and found an old enemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dduvx-dEySY

This fucking game! Because of this commercial, and because the rich kids in my school had NESes with Super Mario Bros. while I was kicking around an Atari 2600, I begged my dad to take me to every Children's Palace, Toys R Us, Kay Bee Toys, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Venture, Service Merchandise, Jones Store Co., Montgomery Ward, Computer City, Babbage's, and Software Etc in the Kansas City metro as well as every one on the road from KC to Estes Park, CO on our summer vacation there and never found this fucking thing. I refuse to believe the Atari Mario Bros. ever actually existed in purchaseable form, because if somebody had it, I would have to murder them and take it.

Part of me is kind of nostalgic for these quixotic quests we'd go on as kids. It's objectively better for everyone that we have easy digital distribution, it means people can make games without being tied to physical manufacturing and packaging and all the waste that goes into that etc etc, sure sure, but...there was something really rewarding about actually finding a thing you'd been looking for for weeks/months/years. It was a treasure. My gazillions of Steam games are never going to thrill me as much as, say, the complete runs of some of my favorite comic books that I spent 20 years assembling.

This discussion has been closed.