As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Cultural Event of [Blaseball]

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Very excited that the Fridays got Nagomi McDaniel back. We might even break .500 for the first time this season, although the Shoe Thieves and the Moist Talkers are in the same division as us and both look like juggernauts.

We also inherited a decent portion of the Crabs fanbase after they ascended and we won the blessing that stole three of their players. So we've got that going for us...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Is there somewhere I can see the election results? I completely missed it
    And also what happened at the end of the season? I heard that the hall of flame folks fought the peanut, but then what?

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    We got BIRDSEED in the millenials y’all

Also Thomas has got An Actual Airplane, which, really, is a giant metal bird, if you think about it

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Heh. The banner put warning signs around the usual commissioner bit.

Also, look at this week's decrees. Total madness is going to ensue.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Got Blases Loaded installed and ready to go. I've decided to follow the Chicago Firefighters because one, their name is dumb and two there are no Minnesota teams.

I am in the business of saving lives.
    What are the things to buy first? Obviously I got voting rights.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Looks like the ny millennials got Birdseed in our last election to help free our players from being shelled except none of us are shelled and apparently the Shelled One is dead so *shrug*

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    What are the things to buy first? Obviously I got voting rights.

get your high roller snake oil up high enough that you can start making big bets, but the way to make serious money is to juice up the pitching idol bonuses and pick a good pitcher to idolize

Eh just going to Idolize Lou Roseheart, Chicago native and the fabled third founding member of Wyld Stallyns.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Tigers went into the bottom of the 9th down 1-0, solo home run from Carmelo Plums ties the game, and then Randy Castillo with a 2-run blast to make sure we don't need to worry about extra innings

Hades Tigers open the season with a 3-game sweep of the Mild Wings

The Chicago Fire reminded the Jazz Hands that Chicago is a blues town, 2-1.

Beginning to realize that I shouldn't have picked some random guy on my team as my idol.

Is there a way to see the play by play of a game? The Miami Dale just went from winning to zero runs and I don't know why.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Is there a way to see the play by play of a game? The Miami Dale just went from winning to zero runs and I don't know why.

Black Hole
    When a team gets 10 runs, it resets both scores to 0

That's... Not a decree?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    no it's weather

Crippl3 wrote: »

Black Hole

So how it works is:

In Sun 2 weather, if your team scores 10 runs a win gets added to their record but their score resets to 0, so they've already got a win banked but they likely will be behind in the ongoing game.

In Black Hole weather it's the same except instead of adding a win to your team it subtracts a win from your opponent. TGB have confirmed that total number of wins is what matters for the standings, not winning percentage

There was a hilarious game earlier today where two teams went into extra innings tied at 9 and none of the fans was sure whether they wanted to score or not.

shalmelo wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Black Hole

So how it works is:

In Sun 2 weather, if your team scores 10 runs a win gets added to their record but their score resets to 0, so they've already got a win banked but they likely will be behind in the ongoing game.

In Black Hole weather it's the same except instead of adding a win to your team it subtracts a win from your opponent. TGB have confirmed that total number of wins is what matters for the standings, not winning percentage

There was a hilarious game earlier today where two teams went into extra innings tied at 9 and none of the fans was sure whether they wanted to score or not.

Rough glance? Sun 2 is good to hit, Black Hole is bad.

Yeah, I don't think I like this mechanic much, although I do kind of dig that after nine games, the Tacos are 8-5 and the Lift are 2-5.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    The steaks got 3 wins off of a single game earlier today.

So, everyone's noticed the conspicuous absence of label for the death blessing, right?

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    None of the cards are labeled. Each will go to one team, and more specifically one fan on that team.

I'm really hoping it's a puzzle or actual prize and not some weird specific blessing thing

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Matev wrote: »
    None of the cards are labeled. Each will go to one team, and more specifically one fan on that team.

I'm really hoping it's a puzzle or actual prize and not some weird specific blessing thing

? It says players. There's two oddities on the list. It doesn't use IV or IX, and it labels all the numbers except XIII, which is how I can tell that one's Death without pulling out Persona.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

? It says players. There's two oddities on the list. It doesn't use IV or IX, and it labels all the numbers except XIII, which is how I can tell that one's Death without pulling out Persona.

Pope is another mild oddity

I ate an engineer
    milski wrote: »

Pope is another mild oddity

True, that would normally be the heirophant.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I wonder if/how teams will head into Party Time, given that it is THEORETICALLY possible to get, like, infinity wins in a game

• XeinosXeinos Registered User regular
    suspect they'll treat it like the wild card selection, if a team is mathematically eliminated they'll go to party time until they uneliminate themselves through sun 2

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

Blessings

Each Blessing will be rewarded to a randomly selected Fan. Pick a card for your Team.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    There's not any change to the way blessings work this season as far as voting is concerned -- they mentioned on the discord that this was a (unsuccessful) attempt to clarify for newer players that blessings are raffles. (The distribution is gonna be weird this season because of the coin's whole fair play thing but, yeah.)

Also I really don't like this weather. It's the most Calvinball Blaseball has ever felt, and not in a particularly fun way.

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
    The devs have confirmed that partytime only counts the season as if the weather effects didn't exist.

I ate an engineer
    Lost every bet last round or so and my Firefighters are a pedestrian 11-11.

I am destitute!

Choosing a random guy on my team with a cool name as an Idol, bad idea!

Need to beg up to get money to change my idol first and foremost.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Wish I had watched that game, that seems wild.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I opened blaseball today to discover that I had coins from 7 Pies wins but that somehow their record is 5-17 (woof) and yeah, hell of a season so far.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Wonder if that has anything to do with the Crabs being 0-26 in the Telescope

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    The CEOmissioner has said as such. The crabs are playing in the big leagues which are not for our viewing pleasure.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Xeinos wrote: »
    suspect they'll treat it like the wild card selection, if a team is mathematically eliminated they'll go to party time until they uneliminate themselves through sun 2
    I really like the way this sentence is normal until it suddenly isn't.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Wish I had watched that game, that seems wild.

The previous game saw them both LOSE a win, so it just equaled out.

Peen wrote: »
    I opened blaseball today to discover that I had coins from 7 Pies wins but that somehow their record is 5-17 (woof) and yeah, hell of a season so far.

The pies have had a really rough time of it. Jessica got shelled again and they lost her the whole season, then she was stolen to the Pods, and then landed on another team... They got no blessings at all for this season either.