As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Genshin Impact] mostly making this thread to brag about my last pull

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    question

does upgrading one statue of the seven upgrade them all?

The statues are leveled by region, yes. So just spend oculi wherever, they can only be used in their own region and it counts the same no matter which statue you use.

excellent

I was wondering why some statues cost 2, 4, 6, etc. turns out I happened to happen by each of the three I found exactly once with exactly the right amount to upgrade =p

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    question

The statues are leveled by region, yes. So just spend oculi wherever, they can only be used in their own region and it counts the same no matter which statue you use.

excellent

I was wondering why some statues cost 2, 4, 6, etc. turns out I happened to happen by each of the three I found exactly once with exactly the right amount to upgrade =p

also you should be using this map as soon as possible and marking off the stamina orbs you're finding if you don't want to go insane.

https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    cursedking wrote: »
    question

excellent

also you should be using this map as soon as possible and marking off the stamina orbs you're finding if you don't want to go insane.

Way too late when I have level 9 on both sets :(.

The worst thing? There's apparently a quest that basically amounts to "find all the geoculi"

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    question

excellent

Way too late when I have level 9 on both sets :(.

The worst thing? There's apparently a quest that basically amounts to "find all the geoculi"

I started marking way too late as well, but just ate shit and went to every location to mark them if they weren't there. Since the map also has comments that says exactly where they are, it went really quickly. And now I can run/glide *everywhere*

question

excellent

oh wow, this game is larger than I thought

question

excellent

the second realm is much, much larger than the first and has a lot more fun exploration stuff to do. Lots of verticality and hidden treasures and caves and nooks. It rules.

question

excellent

the second realm is much, much larger than the first and has a lot more fun exploration stuff to do. Lots of verticality and hidden treasures and caves and nooks. It rules.

out of curiosity, do chests respawn? I feel like they do, but I can't remember every place I've been so I can't tell if I'm always finding new ones or finding the same ones over and over.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I ended up having to divide the map into sections and just check each oculi location one by one to find my last 7-8 for each region.

It was infuriating but ultimately worth it.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    question

excellent

out of curiosity, do chests respawn? I feel like they do, but I can't remember every place I've been so I can't tell if I'm always finding new ones or finding the same ones over and over.

no

Chests kinda respawn, but not in exactly the same place. Also major puzzle chests don't respawn, only the random exploration ones.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Yeah chests definitely respawn but the timer is long and not exactly the same place

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Chests kinda respawn, but not in exactly the same place. Also major puzzle chests don't respawn, only the random exploration ones.

Yeah, to phrase more specifically: the world is repopulated with Common & Exquisite chests on some sort of timer (presumably daily, but maybe weekly), while Precious and Luxurious chests are 1-time only as far as I'm aware.

And to follow up on @cursedking's question about AR acquisition, the Character Quests unlocked at 32, 34, & 36 are certainly the largest gains available during 30-40 stretch, with 36's being especially bountiful. And presumably you're staying on top of your Adventure Log, which is the other most significant source of immediate Adventure Rank. Beyond that, it is as was described, where you log in to knock out Daily Commissions for 400AR and then use up however much Resin you want, where every 20 Resin used will yield 100AR.

Every so often I still find world quests that seem to have been Rank-locked for whatever reason (like the one about picking up posters in Mondstadt), and there are also the Dungeon Domains that I regularly forget about, as they get hidden when you press the "Show Only Domains" button. They tend to have 1-time substantial rewards attached.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Similarly I've found that Ore and things like dandelions have a crazy long respawn timer

where do you get/use resin? I know it repopulates every 16 hours, but have no idea where to acquire/spend it. Is it because I'm only adventure level 10 and character level 15(ish)?

You get 1 every 8 minutes of real time. You use to get get loot from bosses or dungeons you run

where do you get/use resin? I know it repopulates every 16 hours, but have no idea where to acquire/spend it. Is it because I'm only adventure level 10 and character level 15(ish)?

It’s possible that you can’t get I can’t remember when it opens up. But basically at some point bosses populate the works and you spend resin to get rewards fir killing them. You also find repeated dungeons with the same concept.

The items to replace resin are fairly limited so it’s advised to not use them till you’re much higher AR

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The lowest level stuff that uses Resin are the blue and gold ley lines that you should be able to see on your map. You can also find everything that uses Resin in your adventure book's Bosses tab. Stop by the Adventure Guild counter if you don't have your book yet, since you need to complete a quest to get it

Opty wrote: »
    The lowest level stuff that uses Resin are the blue and gold ley lines that you should be able to see on your map. You can also find everything that uses Resin in your adventure book's Bosses tab. Stop by the Adventure Guild counter if you don't have your book yet, since you need to complete a quest to get it

hmmmm

I completed some quest for them, but I don't recall a book .... there's so much stuff in this game

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Honestly, if you're still running around the first area doing story quests and exploring I wouldn't worry too much about resin yet.

It's basically a resource you spend to farm items at endgame. You'll get plenty of exp books and weapons/artifacts just playing the game normally at your point.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    I was all set to do one impulse pull on the Klee banner, even though I have neither the mats nor the desire to raise a new character right now, but was foiled by timezones because I guess it isn't actually out on NA yet?

Praise be to the round earth for saving me from my own poor decisions.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

hmmmm

I completed some quest for them, but I don't recall a book .... there's so much stuff in this game

The book is the top right option in the quick-menu wheel, so if there's nothing there you don't have the book yet. I'm pretty sure the book quest is at or before your current adventure level, but I might be misremembering

Opty on

hmmmm

The book is the top right option in the quick-menu wheel, so if there's nothing there you don't have the book yet. I'm pretty sure the book quest is at or before your current adventure level, but I might be misremembering

quick menu wheel?

Is that anything like bringing up everything when you hit escape?

hmmmm

quick menu wheel?

Is that anything like bringing up everything when you hit escape?

press tab on pc

The game never tells you this

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    edited October 2020

hmmmm

until you hit like...AR 30 you'll think oh i know the systems in this game and then Genshin Impact will be like hahahaHAHAHAH fuck you here's another one and it's been there the whole time, fool. Have you been collecting Glorb Bloops for the bloop engine? Oh you haven't??? what an idiot you are!

cursedking on
    When does the new banner start? I got enough resources for two ten pulls

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    When does the new banner start? I got enough resources for two ten pulls

Based on MTashed's stream, 3 hours from this post, so 7pm EST.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You'll use resin to run domains and fight bosses, and long term it'll be the biggest impediment to making progress (Well that and the fact that you can only kill Boreas and Stormterror once a week)

Domains are where you'll get the bulk of your artifacts and upgrade materials, so only being able to run one every roughly five-ish hours can be rough once you're finished with all the current content

As for the reason people will recommend you save your fragile resin, the higher your adventurer rank the higher level you can run domains and bosses. They cost the same amount of resin, but give you much better and more rewards at higher level. So one fragile resin is literally "worth" more at higher AR. Same goes for refilling resin with primogems, which is something only turbowhales should even consider doing. (First refill is 50 gems for 60 resin, which you could technically do every day with your dailies if you were never planning to do any wishes ever)

Eh... domains are good for the high rarity artifacts, but upgrade fodder just fills up naturally from clearing out camps. They gate weapon upgrades though certainly (though after a point you won't have much else to use sigils on either, which will help).

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    question

excellent

I'm avoiding doing this because I enjoy discovering them naturally, and with a map like this it would just become methodical

It will probably make it brutal if I become determined to 100% it and then the map will be way less useful not knowing which ones I have, but ehhhh, we'll see if I end up caring that much

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Eh... domains are good for the high rarity artifacts, but upgrade fodder just fills up naturally from clearing out camps. They gate weapon upgrades though certainly (though after a point you won't have much else to use sigils on either, which will help).

You will never get Boreal teeth, Fetters, Mist Lead, etc from camps

And fyi the sigil shops don't restock

Also you will need a fucking billion talent books

Maddoc on
    As for collecting oculus

I did it the natural way in the first zone and then I needed two that I couldn't find to finish off level 10, and it was fucking miserable

Now I just check them off whenever I find them because I don't need to go scouring an entire huge zone to find ONE fucking orb later (And you need every single one to hit level 10)

Maddoc wrote: »

You will never get Boreal teeth, Fetters, Mist Lead, etc from camps

And fyi the sigil shops don't restock

Also you will need a fucking billion talent books

Artifact upgrades don't ever require going into domains, only weapon and talent. Character ascension mats are all from world bosses so far.

Oh triple post but speaking of things you will need a fucking truckload of and it will slap you in the face later

Kill every Whopperflower you see, you need a truly ungodly amount of whopperflower nectar, especially if you have Keqing, Mona, or Sucrose (or a handful of different weapons)

I know that pain. Fischl is a black hole for arrowheads for me.

Yeah actually I should probably just say "Kill shit as you're running around, you will need so many slime mats/arrowheads/broken masks/etc etc etc and it'll be too late once you realize how far behind you are"

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    To be honest it just sounds like you're going to be behind unless you play very slowly and methodically and if you do that you're behind because your world rank and resin pay outs are worse for longer.

To no surprise the standard 'end' game is to realize you're shit out of luck and get farming. I don't think there's a way to optimize out of that.

Play however you like, I'm just giving some advice that I feel like might be helpful.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Oh yeah! It's good advice.

I guess I'm mostly just pointing out that there's no way to dodge feeling like you're behind on something because it's an eternal farming game.

edited October 2020
    Sure, it's just one of those things where at a certain point you will start running past groups of slimes and hillichurls and such because there's no immediately apparent reason to fight them

And then you realize you need 12 Slime Concentrate, which is 36 Slime Secretions, or 108 Slime Condensate, and you haven't killed a Slime in days

Same reason to pick up basically everything you run past, flowers and fruits and whatever, especially since you can just jam on the button to pick them up as you run past

Maddoc on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh God Venti is a fucking libertarian

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.