As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Genshin Impact] mostly making this thread to brag about my last pull

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Venti's more of an anarchist with no actual clue or grounding.

Mondstat is an anarchy with capitalism ruining it? Because they genuinely don't have a leader and seem to do whatever the fuck they want.

But also the Knights are Obviously Empowered (presumably by community consent) to act, there's a church with a spiritual leader (Barbara) and rich assholes who act as batman with no accountability at fucking all (Diluc sucks).

It's a weird ass place.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Oh God Venti is a fucking libertarian

Eh... not quite that extreme I think. More just apathetic.

Post Mondstadt stuff
    And not a believer in rule by divine decree.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh God Venti is a fucking libertarian

Monsdadt, the City of Freedom and Bears

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    not sure if anarchist or just really, really lazy.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    not sure if anarchist or just really, really lazy.

The Nation's the former.

Venti's the latter.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I’ve used stardust to buy slimes and such, I have a ton of them now and there’s nothing else you can buy with them past the like one fate

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I think it's hilarious how they talk about Monstadt being this city without a government and just tons of freedom everywhere.

And then you get a side quest to go get a fucking gliding license so you don't get in trouble with the knight cops.

Venti you dumbass, you just made a nation controlled by martial law because you didn't put in a civilian government.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    its funny because you find out that the gliding license thing is like the one explicitly spelled out duty in their charter. That and being overly polite.

I get the impression the Knights very much Cop By Approval?

Like they're esteemed combat and wise folk that the town approves of.

Sure it's a hierarchy but they aren't using it to dominate the town.

Turns out there's only so much critique of the anime state of mondstat when the end result is Anime Characters Are Good.

Except Diluc who wants to play aristocracy and break kneecaps as batman. Dude's a traitor to the state and sucks.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Did not get Klee :(

Did get Mona, who is kind of rad so it's okay

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Two ten pulls and I came out with double Noelle and two 4* weapons that seem okay. Not bad I suppose.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Got Klee. Broke after getting her nearly to 50. Her bombs are silly fun.

Remind me though. Why is Klee officially a knight... and Noelle is not?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Did they update the permanent/standard banner at all?

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Turns out there's only so much critique of the anime state of mondstat when the end result is Anime Characters Are Good.

Except Diluc who wants to play aristocracy and break kneecaps as batman. Dude's a traitor to the state and sucks.

Diluc's profile story goes into this, and you can kinda infer some stuff from the sidequests and random lore from books/weapon descriptions.
    Diluc used to be a super proper knight until a mysterious occult incident that left his father dead, and he was ordered to cover it up for the good of the knights/church/aristocracy. He said fuck that and left to batman it up.

That plus Mondstadt's own very rich history of peasant/slave rebellions, first against a tyrannical god king and later against a rotten aristocratic class, makes me think there's more going on behind the scenes with whoever was in charge before Jean.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Did they update the permanent/standard banner at all?

Permanent banner won't update very often

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Did not get Klee :(

Did get Mona, who is kind of rad so it's okay
    This is exactly what happened for me as well. Also got Sucrose and a few copies of Xingqui. Quite successful, really.

Will certainly do any more rolls I can while the Klee banner is up. It's kinda weird knowing 100% that any 5* I get is guaranteed to be her now.

It's not as good as Honkai banners where there is literally only one S-rank available on any given character banner

But I'm glad they at least kept the shared counter between character banners

I do wonder if, since this last pull was an "off rate up" 5*, if my next 5* will be the rate up character even if it's on the next banner

They don't really lay out all the permutations of how this can play out, so it could go either way

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    It occurred to me after getting the roll that Mona is going to be absolutely absurd with Venti. I don't have the gear to really optimize her right now though, got quite a bit of work to do.

Maddoc wrote: »
    It's not as good as Honkai banners where there is literally only one S-rank available on any given character banner

But I'm glad they at least kept the shared counter between character banners

I do wonder if, since this last pull was an "off rate up" 5*, if my next 5* will be the rate up character even if it's on the next banner

They don't really lay out all the permutations of how this can play out, so it could go either way

my assumption is that the "non-featured 5*" buffer is going to be per banner. But again that's just a guess.

anyone else find it a little silly that the *one* menu that doesn't pause the game is the revival item one you're probably looking at because you accidentally picked a downed character.

ph blake wrote: »

Diluc's profile story goes into this, and you can kinda infer some stuff from the sidequests and random lore from books/weapon descriptions.
    Diluc used to be a super proper knight until a mysterious occult incident that left his father dead, and he was ordered to cover it up for the good of the knights/church/aristocracy. He said fuck that and left to batman it up.

That plus Mondstadt's own very rich history of peasant/slave rebellions, first against a tyrannical god king and later against a rotten aristocratic class, makes me think there's more going on behind the scenes with whoever was in charge before Jean.

The answer to this question is in the manga which you can read for free.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I like Diluc.

I also really like Venti. His story quest at 36 AR was really good and touching.

He’s an anti-establishment/monarchy sorta person. I wouldn’t call him either a libertarian or an anarchist. His rise to divinity wasn’t about power or rule but about freeing people from tyranny, and his presence in the world is defined by that.

And then he never wanted to become a big ruler, so he fucked off for a while before returning occasionally to kick some bourgeois ass

Chatting to a friend while he learns the game. Chatting him through when to pull.

He tries a 10 pull on Klee:

pofchc00chb6.png

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    tell your friend to go fuck themself

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    I did, repeatedly.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    My anecdotal impression is that Klee seems to drop much more often than Venti ever did. But do not fool yourself into pursuing Wolf's Gravestone, as you'll just get a bunch of books with wings.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    metaghost wrote: »
    My anecdotal impression is that Klee seems to drop much more often than Venti ever did. But do not fool yourself into pursuing Wolf's Gravestone, as you'll just get a bunch of books with wings.
    Anecdotal evidence with gacha is brain poison. Only trust math and statistics (assuming they aren't lying with information, which one would hope they'd be legally wary of)

0.6% chance for a 5* (probability of 1 in 167). If you have not gotten a 5* within 89 pulls, the 90th pull is 100% chance of being 5*. 50% chance that that 5* is the promoted item. If you do not get the promoted item on first 5* pull, the next 5* pull is 100% chance of being the promoted item.

edit: some additional info from choco a few posts down

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Klee is "dropping more" because it's the second banner and people did a lot of pulls on the Venti banner already

• Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    tell your friend to go fuck themself

High level variance.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Anecdotal evidence with gacha is brain poison. Only trust math and statistics (assuming they aren't lying with information, which one would hope they'd be legally wary of)

0.6% chance for a 5* (probability of 1 in 167). If you have not gotten a 5* within 89 pulls, the 90th pull is 100% chance of being 5*. 50% chance that that 5* is the promoted item. If you do not get the promoted item on first 5* pull, the next 5* pull is 100% chance of being the promoted item.

They aren't lying, exactly, but their use of 1.6% as a 'consolidated' probability means they can get away with a lot.

The odds are that your chance of hitting a 5* actually ramps up after 70 pulls, because without it the rate is only 1.43%. Large data collections on reddit and discord back this up over thousands of pulls from whale streams/Bilibili videos.

Also from a brain poking angle people feel better about getting something on their 82nd pull instead of having to go to 90.

I still have to go to 90 because I have the worst luck.

steam_sig.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Someone in the Aussie discord channel.

2wed7b7ab1kf.png

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So after oz almost burnt down I guess the spirit of fire is strong in them.

steam_sig.png
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    pulled on klee... got a noel :|

I was iffy at first but I’ve decided to just save primos and wait until the next banner. I played klee’s test quest thing and I really don’t like how she plays.

I'm saving my pulls for Childe and Zhongli because I want my boys to come home

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Is any of this helpful?

https://imgur.com/gallery/IlNCFtq

Is any of this helpful?

https://imgur.com/gallery/IlNCFtq

yes! these are great

I found this pressure plate north of Liyue Harbor. Does anyone know what it's deal is? I can't find another one that matches it.

803rcojvdjqr.png

You have to put something heavier on it

Try the Geo Traveler meteor

oh duh, thanks

also did you know that if you tag the Agents that throw the fire knives around themselves with electro (and other elements i presume but I'm using Razor), they will just be purple shadows when they go invisible? It is very very funny and makes them more trivial than they already are