As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Alternatively, give me a Mirage-Keeper job so that I can stack tiny monsters on my head as a weapon.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Enlong wrote: »
    Alternatively, give me a Mirage-Keeper job so that I can stack tiny monsters on my head as a weapon.

Ride behemoth, carry chocobo chick. CHARGE.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra

Just play NIN and do your signs incorrectly. Rabbit stack.

• Options
    Au'ra
    I’m sort of envisioning that Beastmaster’s beasts could function like Living Shadow or Automaton Queen, but as the job’s entire focus. You summon the beast, and it goes through a series of automatic attacks, possibly with a cast bar visible to you. And as they do that, you’d be able to use abilities to effect them as they go though their attacks. You could buff their damage, extend their active time, repeat a move they just did, make them return early so you can bring out something else, or maybe even force a berserk mode at the cost of needing extra downtime.

And in the meantime, you’re attacking the enemy with your whip and using your beast commands as OGCD skills.

That’s how I imagine you could do that without needing to deal with how messy pet AI seems to be in this game.

One thing that would be cool is if you could have more than one out at once. So as you rebuild whatever resource, eventually you can build it fast enough to have a second beast join in halfway through the first's duration.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    but yeah i was originally in the "they just threw out beastmaster as an example of a job they could do with the BLU limited job structure it wasn't an actual plan" camp but boy there are a LOT of beastmaster enemies in bozja

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    At this point I'm mostly convinced they are not going to add a new healer again.

I think that is a big mistake for long term game health, but I think it's gonna happen.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    I don't think they could get away with not adding a healer three expansion in a row

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think we're definitely running up to the cap on total classes they can add in general, as much as players will expect More New Things each time

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    yeah I think there's a good chance they don't add any more regular jobs, because they're close to the limit of balance maintenance technical debt their team can manage.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    let me be a moogle you fucking cowards

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te

Honestly I never eat food in this game, I haven't done any cooking stuff so I dunno what food is out there, let's see the replies-

oh

• Options
    Lalafell
    Mustard Eggs.

Because I will never be a cook of such advanced skill as to make it myself.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Au'ra
    Vial of Fantasia. That counts, right?

I could do with losing some weight, and actually eating more won't help.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Vial of Fantasia. That counts, right?

I could do with losing some weight, and actually eating more won't help.

Pretty sure a lot of people would choose Fantasia if they could.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    They'd have us settle for just one, while Eorzea Cafe is over there bringing many dishes to life.
    owdtjZT.jpg
    CpFRPwk.jpg
    AppxzBC.jpg

3N7k486.jpg

• Options
    Lalafell
    "I SHALL FRENCH FRIES THE SIN OF YOUR EXISTENCE!"

• Options
    Lalafell
    To be more serious, that Alexander dessert is way more impressive to me than a lot of things that happen on food-sculpture competition shows. The whole thing is edible besides the wings and gears, and it looks delicious, if dangerous.

• Options
    It also costs about $50. There's a reason it says "FULL PARTY", you've gotta have that many people to finish it.

• Options
    Lalafell
    Assuming a full party of 8 people, that's about 6 bucks a head, which seems fair for a ridiculous dessert like that. You'd probably have to fight someone for the choux buns, since there's only 2.

• Options
    Au'ra
    To be more serious, that Alexander dessert is way more impressive to me than a lot of things that happen on food-sculpture competition shows. The whole thing is edible besides the wings and gears, and it looks delicious, if dangerous.

Let's be honest, you could make those edible too, just... it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I feel like a Light Party could tackle that.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Fig-D wrote: »

they might be a Light Party when they start but I don't think they'll be a light party when they finish

• Options
    Lalafell
    Polaritie wrote: »

Let's be honest, you could make those edible too, just... it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

The gears are probably the easiest. They could be a cookie cut into the shape, or a hard candy or gelatin thing poured into a gear-shaped mould.

The wings, though? Yeah, I'm not seeing that. If the whole thing was a gingerbread house, it might be able to support a pair of giant cookie wings, but I don't think the waffles could support that.

Oh, unless it was a light spun-sugar thing. But that'd be so fragile. I think I'm ok with the wings being a prop, since everything else isn't.

• Options
    Viera
    SabreMau wrote: »
    They'd have us settle for just one, while Eorzea Cafe is over there bringing many dishes to life.
    3N7k486.jpg

this madoka magica-ass cake

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lalafell
    "I am... Alexander. The Delicious."

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Fig-D wrote: »

Looks more like a solo challenge to me. *rolls up sleeves*
    The wings, though? Yeah, I'm not seeing that. If the whole thing was a gingerbread house, it might be able to support a pair of giant cookie wings, but I don't think the waffles could support that.

You have a couple of lightweight options, but they would of course require their own mold. Wafer, pirouette, and Tuiles style cookies are immediate candidates.
    "I SHALL FRENCH FRIES THE SIN OF YOUR EXISTENCE!"

If you french fry the sin of their existence when you're supposed to pizza the sin of their existence, you're gonna have a bad time.

• Options
    Viera

I love machinist's shadowbringers animations with their big multitool thing so much

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I can't remember offhand if those things like the wings or the character art on the other pieces are some kind of paper/cardboard or some kind of edible wafer with designs printed on them.

• Options
    Viera
    my first thought was definitely posterboard cutouts but if they were edible that would be pretty cool

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lalafell
    The multi tool is so weird looking, but I also love the way it animated and the projectiles it shoots.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Pulling for chainsaw in 6.0

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Lalafell
    turtleant wrote: »

We’re missing that, Noiseblaster, and Debilitator.

Dunno how you’d properly do Debilitator. It makes most sense as a generic vulnerability up debuff. But that’s real powerful.

• Options
    Au'ra

We’re missing that, Noiseblaster, and Debilitator.

Dunno how you’d properly do Debilitator. It makes most sense as a generic vulnerability up debuff. But that’s real powerful.

Make it a damage down debuff. MCH used to have one of those anyways iirc.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    MCH used to have vuln up. It was on the "make your turret shoot harder" cooldown.

But NIN was still king because Trick Attack's cooldown was shorter and lined up with everyone else's burst phases much better.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I wish this game (and more MMOs in general) weren't so scared of buff/debuff/crowd control abilities and classes.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I wish this game (and more MMOs in general) weren't so scared of buff/debuff/crowd control abilities and classes.

Because you can’t really make them useful but not required.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias
    Crippl3 wrote: »

It's not so much scared, as that it's basically impossible to balance the abilities or classes to thread the needle in the effectiveness to be worth bringing perfectly. Seems like it's either not as good as other options or way too good compared to other options.

That could just be "conventional wisdom" speaking, but that's what does make sense to me still.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Viera
    they currently balance jobs that buff other people's damage (mainly dancer and astrologian, to a lesser degree ninja, dragoon and bard) by having it not be an overwhelming component of their overall damage contribution so they're not terrible in 4 person groups and solo, and subtract the amount of extra damage they cause in a 2 tank 2 healer 4 DPS situation from their personal damage output so that it comes out to a total of about the same contribution as any other DPS job in a generic 8 man party.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    With very mixed results. AST is so good that not bringing one is honestly a handicap in full party stuff, while BRD is just kinda bad. DNC is ok, but depends on what other DPS are in the group to be partners with (and also that your partner doesn't spend half the fight on the floor).

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Lalafell
    With very mixed results. AST is so good that not bringing one is honestly a handicap in full party stuff, while BRD is just kinda bad. DNC is ok, but depends on what other DPS are in the group to be partners with (and also that your partner doesn't spend half the fight on the floor).

To be fair, in any cutting-edge fights, ANYONE being dead repeatedly or for a significant amount of time probably means a loss in any party makeup.

This discussion has been closed.