As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Nightmare before Christmas

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Nightmare before Christmas

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ArmacedArmaced Registered User regular
    I empathize with every character in every panel of this strip. This is on-the-nose.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    It is kind of weird, but only because we were heading at a pretty good lick towards self-isolation from every relationship but nuclear family and commercial ones well before COVID became a thing.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    This is just going too far. I mean, c'mon, I thought it was understood that every kid is going as a hazmat worker and all treats are going through the autoclave first. Yes, this will come with some downsides but just think of all that added fiber.

You can even feel free to mix it up and show just how creative you can be:
    * hazmat pirate
    * hazmat ghost
    * hazmat Superman
    * sexy hazmat (adults only, please)

The sky's the limit!

(Edit: And then after posting, I thought "I wonder..." And I googled it and now I'm sad.)

dennis on
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    This is just going too far. I mean, c'mon, I thought it was understood that every kid is going as a hazmat worker and all treats are going through the autoclave first. Yes, this will come with some downsides but just think of all that added fiber.

* hazmat pirate
    * hazmat ghost
    * hazmat Superman

The sky's the limit!

(Edit: And then after posting, I thought "I wonder..." And I googled it and now I'm sad.)

There's one line in that article that caught me:

"'I'm in complete and utter disgust,' one Twitter user reacted."

They should just add that to every article everywhere from now on. Kind of like R S T L N E on Wheel of Fortune.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    The point of Halloween is to demonstrate to children that despite all of the necessary warnings we give to them about strangers, most of the adults out there are just normal people who have no interest in murdering them.

Given half the population's response to the pandemic, that doesn't really hold up any more.

• DarkAcreJackDarkAcreJack creative writer The Dark AcreRegistered User new member
    While doing "Trick-Or-Treat from room to room in the house" is a great idea, how many rooms does Gabe have? All that kids would get here is some bedroom and bathroom treats!

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Liquid candy, triple filtered, and introduced to the suit through an emergency induction port.

• flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    We're doing reverse trick or treat this year: making a bunch of Halloween treats (dirt cups, spiderweb cookies, etc), putting on costumes, and delivering them to our various friends around town.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    The point of Halloween is to demonstrate to children that despite all of the necessary warnings we give to them about strangers, most of the adults out there are just normal people who have no interest in murdering them.

Given half the population's response to the pandemic, that doesn't really hold up any more.
    That’s not murder

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

* hazmat pirate
    * hazmat ghost
    * hazmat Superman

The sky's the limit!

And frog!

• BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »

There's one line in that article that caught me:

"'I'm in complete and utter disgust,' one Twitter user reacted."

They should just add that to every article everywhere from now on. Kind of like R S T L N E on Wheel of Fortune.

Full disclosure? You made me laugh and clap my hands. Well done, sir/ma'am/other.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Lttlefoot wrote: »

That’s not murder

Okay, yeah, negligent homicide. Still pretty close.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular

No interest in murdering them except via candy, which will kill you if you eat enough. Except for the adults who give out raisins, who are the lawful good adults.

No interest in murdering them except via candy, which will kill you if you eat enough. Except for the adults who give out raisins, who are the lawful good adults.

Your own body will kill you if you live in it long enough. :p

-Tycho Brahe
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Not if I kill it first!

*Eats ten gallon drum of Skittles*

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    Not if I kill it first!

It's a battle for anti-survival and you have the distinct advantage of being able to exert your will over your body.

Well, mostly anyway. I guess if you throw enough into it, it does have ways to expel it. :p

-Tycho Brahe
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Not if I kill it first!

It's a battle for anti-survival and you have the distinct advantage of being able to exert your will over your body.

Well, mostly anyway. I guess if you throw enough into it, it does have ways to expel it. :p

Human centipede costume: one treat or three?

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Your own body will kill you if you live in it long enough. :p

Your own body will kill you if you eat enough of it.

dennis on
  • DamnItCohaagenDamnItCohaagen Registered User regular
    G4tvg 3 d r
    V. e4d3 4. be r and 4d rb rc4. for

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Yeah I feel bad for all the kiddos this year being unable to go out.