As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    The gametype name brings to mind old-school CS/Killing Floor/etc., where you have to do well in a round to earn cash to buy better weapons to do well in a round, and so on.

It has at least 4 exclusive class mods so I hopenits accessible and can realistically be solo played. They have a hard time accepting people dont group up in Borderlands

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I honestly just think of these games as single player experiences. I don’t think I ever played 2 or 3 with anyone else.

"I see everything twice!"

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I honestly just think of these games as single player experiences. I don’t think I ever played 2 or 3 with anyone else.
    I have a few times, it's pretty fun. That said, I do think of Borderlands as a single player experience.

Is it just me or are the guns in the bloody harvest event complete ass? The grenade is fine, and I haven't gotten the shield yet so I don't know if that's any good but the guns just don't do any kind of serious damage. Or at least, not on Mayhem 10.

sig.gif
    The sheild is crap and its hidden effect is just enemy mind control. The shotgun is fine the sniper too but they need terror to be super effective

The ghast call is probably the only one that can function without terror

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Tubers have been putting out videos for Fl4k and Amara trees today.

Fl4k in particular seems pretty fun with just how beast the warbot can be. And I know I for sure am picking up the tier 1 node that increases pet speed passively by 40% and damage by 35%. The former is more important than the latter, TBH, because a big problem for consistency with Fl4k's pets, especially melee ones, is getting close enough to do their thing.

It does make me think, though, that Psycho Head on a Stick might need a bit of a buff (kill skill, pet gets 26% damage and 16% speed for a few seconds), even if it's just to the movespeed component.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Now that I've beaten the game I've gotta wonder how that story happened. Like, were there heavy rewrites or something? There were so many moments and plot points that felt like they were missing buildup or payoff. Like I'm honestly curious what happened there, I feel like it might be interesting.

There is supposedly a lot on the cutting room floor.

sig.gif
    Double post, but holy fuck.

https://youtu.be/x1RW2ZbMz4w

TL;DR for Capstone
    Clear the Mind
    Kill Skill. After killing an enemy, Amara ignores enemies Elemental Damage Resistance for a short time. This does not affect Elemental Immunity.

Current Effect:
    Duration: 8 Seconds.

Resistance is futile.
    '

The whole tree is pretty ridiculous-in-the-best-kind-of-way though.

sig.gif
    Apparently mayhem 11 is a thing. No modifiers but half the drop rate for world drops. Otherwise identical to M10 and theres no M11 gear.

Given how potent and game changing some of these Terror anoints are, I really feel like there should be a way to obtain them outside of Halloween. Like maybe you pay eridium to be able to visit Heck outside of Halloween time, and gear there spawns with the terror anoints?

edited October 2020
    edit: Nevermind!

Also here's Fl4k's new tree.

https://youtu.be/IEPXYKE2QtI

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    Zane and Moze's skilltrees are out there, now. Looks p good.

I finally reached 125 offense and unlocked Groundbreaker. I then was confused, because I sure don't feel like my damage output with my Zane's Facepuncher spiked at all. Might have to test things. I'm suspecting that the Digiclone's damage is not contributing to Groundbreaker. Considering it can put out tens of millions of damage in a 5s window, if it was contributing, I should NOTICE :P

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Color me surprised, Amara's new skill tree and action skill is much cooler than I thought it would be.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Dac wrote: »
    Zane and Moze's skilltrees are out there, now. Looks p good.

I finally reached 125 offense and unlocked Groundbreaker. I then was confused, because I sure don't feel like my damage output with my Zane's Facepuncher spiked at all. Might have to test things. I'm suspecting that the Digiclone's damage is not contributing to Groundbreaker. Considering it can put out tens of millions of damage in a 5s window, if it was contributing, I should NOTICE :P

Its just ylu as far as I know. However theres also a chance that you didnt turn it on which happened to me after I unlocked it

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    cB557 wrote: »
    A handful of lines hardly strikes me as a significant cost for any AAA title. Especially since the vault hunters come across as NPCs rather than protagonists.
    Game development is one of those thing where whenever someone says that something will be quick, cheap, and easy, I'm pretty sure they're wrong.

Also gearbox is historically bad about VA relations
    I miss old Claptrap. :(

I know its a running joke that everybody ingame is annoyed by Claptrap, but there are times where the new guy's delivery is kind of annoying.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Looks like Moze is the new Sal, what with the "action skill is always up, for all time, forever."

https://youtu.be/KyET6HYRsiM

And Zane is getting his b0re on.

https://youtu.be/yQJ4VTTKp1E

sig.gif
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    A handful of lines hardly strikes me as a significant cost for any AAA title. Especially since the vault hunters come across as NPCs rather than protagonists.
    Game development is one of those thing where whenever someone says that something will be quick, cheap, and easy, I'm pretty sure they're wrong.

Also gearbox is historically bad about VA relations
    I miss old Claptrap. :(

I know its a running joke that everybody ingame is annoyed by Claptrap, but there are times where the new guy's delivery is kind of annoying.

I mean I have to assume its on purpose and being mandated by a guy whose name rhymes with Pandy Richford

Sorce wrote: »
    Looks like Moze is the new Sal, what with the "action skill is always up, for all time, forever."

I feel like that has been the movement for most of the action skills - duration big/infinite or spammable.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Do we know yet when all this new hotness is coming out?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Just beat Wotan. I wasn't sure exactly what I was getting into with it? It felt kind of like a strike in Destiny or an MMO dungeon, so I figured BL3 had added something like that to the Borderlands formula. But that final boss was really annoying. Felt like it had too much health, too many sudden bursts of huge damage, and was just too hard to avoid damage from in general. Actually got a bug where I killed it once but something glitched and it didn't count as a win, so I had to suicide and try again.
    I had a vague feeling it might've been free DLC, and that might've been why it felt so unpolished. So I looked it up on the wiki, and yeah it's DLC, but it's also not a strike, it's a raid boss. And it's like, oh, that's why it felt too hard. You were soloing a raid boss, dummy.

edited October 2020
    Iolo wrote: »
    Do we know yet when all this new hotness is coming out?

The tenth of November. No price yet 2 weeks out so thats good

King Riptor on
    edited October 2020
    Just beat Wotan. I wasn't sure exactly what I was getting into with it? It felt kind of like a strike in Destiny or an MMO dungeon, so I figured BL3 had added something like that to the Borderlands formula. But that final boss was really annoying. Felt like it had too much health, too many sudden bursts of huge damage, and was just too hard to avoid damage from in general. Actually got a bug where I killed it once but something glitched and it didn't count as a win, so I had to suicide and try again.
    I had a vague feeling it might've been free DLC, and that might've been why it felt so unpolished. So I looked it up on the wiki, and yeah it's DLC, but it's also not a strike, it's a raid boss. And it's like, oh, that's why it felt too hard. You were soloing a raid boss, dummy.

Oh no its entirely possible to solo it ( despite their best efforts).
    Wotan isnt even that tough if you have the right gear and know its patterns. Once youre used to it it youre more likely to die to the mobs before it

King Riptor on
    Yeah, the only hard part about solo-ing the Maliwan Takedown is the reset when you die.

sig.gif
    Oh yeah I was able to solo it without even a purpose build loadout for it, so I did figure it might've been easier than the past games' raids. Or at least have more consistently avoidable damage.

Oh apparently Axton and Sal are rhe announcers for Arms race based on a poster found in a Joltz dude stream. I find this dubious because it involves textures loading clearly in BL3

edited October 2020
    Oh apparently Axton and Sal are rhe announcers for Arms race based on a poster found in a Joltz dude stream. I find this dubious because it involves textures loading clearly in BL3
    Axton.
    4dpztkjempu51.png

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    God I fucking hate Fl4k's jabbers so much. They don't do nearly the amount of damage it feels like they should. Actually, that's most of Fl4k's pets.

I've been trying to use the Beefcake jabber, and it's like pulling teeth to get it to do much of, well, anything. And sometimes, even when I do line things up and get the terror anoint buff going, it's not hitting for more than, say, my Digi-Clone does with a Hellwalker - except it has about a quarter of the fire rate. And it sometimes takes time out of its day to run over and pick up a barrel to chuck at enemies for chip damage, in what might as well be a ten second stun. Its homerun swing is fun when it clobbers multiple mobs, but whiffs a lot. I'd like to use Gamma Burst on it, but that just makes it stop using its shotgun and try to melee, which it sucks at.

Meanwhile, on my Zane, I'm running around humming to myself as my clone passively takes 75% of my damage for me, feeding me shitloads of life leech while outputting an insane level of DPS, spamming the Hellwalker like it's a machine gun, aiming for critical damage and causing a constant shower of legendaries. All I have to do is pop some heads with a frost weapon to keep the pain train rolling, refreshing the duration of the clone and my sentinel as they rip apart every enemy that pops out of their spawns.

All that ranting to say, I'd really like it if the jabbers got a look with this new update to make them even close to the warbots, because those looks about a hundred times more effective.

Also if this game would drop a shield with the 200% pet incendiary damage anoint, that would be fucking great.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I always just use the eridian skag and then give it immolation through the action skill and it runs around and burns everything to death and its attack action is a little singularity.

I use the corrosive Spiderant, and that seems to do well enough. Though most of the time I'm running around with a Hellwalker in Fade Away.

sig.gif
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Looks like Zane went cyber ninja a la Zer0.

Fl4k looks like a Turian from Mass Effect. Or an android from Phantasy Star.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    Amara got the shaft on this one

Arms Race unsurprisingly sounds lame as shit.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    To ensure everyone's on equal footing, all skill trees are disabled in Arms Race, meaning no Action Skills or passive abilities.

Uh... what? Why would anyone want to play Borderlands without the skills and passives?

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I kinda would? I mean, if it's just for a game-mode like this where the intent is to rely on guns and the player's personal skill using them, then it's fine.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I kinda would? I mean, if it's just for a game-mode like this where the intent is to rely on guns and the player's personal skill using them, then it's fine.

Yeah, I'm interested. I'm not immediately enamored of losing skills/passives but I like the every gun could matter thing. I'll give it a whirl.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ISp7F7NUo

A bit more information, and less filler.

sig.gif
    I'm whatever on the mode, though it is irritating that they've put the class mods for the new trees behind it.

Dac wrote: »
    I'm whatever on the mode, though it is irritating that they've put the class mods for the new trees behind it.

Class mods that you cant even use while in the mode which makes them deadweight during a run

Gameplay of the new game mode. Actual gaming starts at 14:48.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIR21fUculk

sig.gif
    edited November 2020
    Dammit I'm not getting a shield with this stupid anoint before this event ends.

Putting it out there again that you should be able to temporarily access seasonal anoints outside of the season by paying some eridium. Like pay 100 eridium to do a run in Heck.

e: And of course I say that and do another cistern of slaughter run and a shield with the anoint drops, fuck me.

Dac on